PDA

View Full Version : The all-time short name/long name Chiefs teams

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 09:51 PM
I've estimated the two Chiefs all-time teams with 5 or fewer letters in their last names plus everyone with 6 letters whose first initial is K or lower, versus everyone with 7 or more letters or 6 letters whose first initial is L or higher.* Additionally, each team may draft any player who doesn't make the other team, as noted in italics on the rosters below.

Which team would win?

*This evens the top 50 players overall, based on my quick analysis.

Team A
Len Dawson
Priest Holmes
Kimble Anders
Stephone Paige
Carlos Carson
Fred Arbanas
Willie Roaf
John Alt
Dave Szott
Ed Budde
Tim Grunhard
Nick Lowery
Bob Grupp
Deron Cherry
Jerome Woods
Albert Lewis
Gary Green
Bobby Bell
Jim Lynch
Gary Spani
Art Still
Neil Smith
Bill Maas
Curley Culp

Team B
Trent Green
Christian Okoye
Tony Richardson
Otis Taylor
Chris Burford
Tony Gonzalez
Dave Hill
Jim Tyrer
Will Shields
Brian Waters
Jack Rudnay
Jan Stenerud
Jerrell Wilson
Johnny Robinson
Gary Barbaro
Dale Carter
Emmitt Thomas
Sherrill Headrick
Derrick Thomas
Willie Lanier
Mike Bell
Jerry Mays
Dan Saleaumua
Buck Buchanan

Jenny Gump
10-23-2005, 09:53 PM
I've estimated the two Chiefs all-time teams with 5 or fewer letters in their last names plus everyone with 6 letters whose first initial is K or lower, versus everyone with 7 or more letters or 6 letters whose first initial is L or higher.* Additionally, each team may draft any player who doesn't make the other team, as noted in italics on the rosters below.

Which team would win?

Team A
Len Dawson
Priest Holmes
Kimble Anders
Stephone Paige
Carlos Carson
Fred Arbanas
Willie Roaf
John Alt
Dave Szott
Ed Budde
Tim Grunhard
Nick Lowery
Bob Grupp
Deron Cherry
Jerome Woods
Albert Lewis
Gary Green
Bobby Bell
Jim Lynch
Gary Spani
Art Still
Neil Smith
Bill Maas
Curley Culp

Team B
Trent Green
Christian Okoye
Tony Richardson
Otis Taylor
Chris Burford
Tony Gonzalez
Dave Hill
Jim Tyrer
Will Shields
Brian Waters
Jack Rudnay
Jan Stenerud
Jerrell Wilson
Johnny Robinson
Gary Barbaro
Dale Carter
Emmitt Thomas
Sherrill Headrick
Derrick Thomas
Willie Lanier
Mike Bell
Jerry Mays
Dan Saleaumua
Buck Buchanan

Are you going with syllabic length or total letters?

Jenny Gump
10-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Are you going with syllabic length or total letters?

Nevermind. I chose to go ahead and actually read your post. Sorry, I usually skip that part and go straight for the poll.

greg63
10-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I am not smart enough, nor do I have the patience, to figure it out, so I just went with a tie. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Team B. Stronger in the secondary and on the D-Line.

What about coaches? Team A gets a huge boost from Hank Stram. Team B gets stuck with Martyocre or Dick4Meal.

luv
10-23-2005, 10:06 PM

Which team would win?

Team A
Len Dawson
Priest Holmes
Kimble Anders
Stephone Paige
Carlos Carson
Fred Arbanas
Willie Roaf
John Alt
Dave Szott
Ed Budde
Tim Grunhard
Nick Lowery
Bob Grupp
Deron Cherry
Jerome Woods
Albert Lewis
Gary Green
Bobby Bell
Jim Lynch
Gary Spani
Art Still
Neil Smith
Bill Maas
Curley Culp

Team B
Trent Green
Christian Okoye
Tony Richardson
Otis Taylor
Chris Burford
Tony Gonzalez
Dave Hill
Jim Tyrer
Will Shields
Brian Waters
Jack Rudnay
Jan Stenerud
Jerrell Wilson
Johnny Robinson
Gary Barbaro
Dale Carter
Emmitt Thomas
Sherrill Headrick
Derrick Thomas
Willie Lanier
Mike Bell
Jerry Mays
Dan Saleaumua
Buck Buchanan
I guess I'm confused how, for example, Len Dawson made team A since his last name is six letters and his first name starts with an L or later. Same with Priest Holmes. Aren' they supposed to go on the team with longer names?

keg in kc
10-23-2005, 10:09 PM
I usually skip that part and go straight for the poll.I think that speaks for itself.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 10:13 PM
I guess I'm confused how, for example, Len Dawson made team A since his last name is six letters and his first name starts with an L or later. Same with Priest Holmes. Aren' they supposed to go on the team with longer names?

It's the first initial of their last name, not their first name. Hopefully, that makes all of the pieces fall into place.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Nevermind. I chose to go ahead and actually read your post. Sorry, I usually skip that part and go straight for the poll.

But...but...sometimes the best part is the text before the poll.

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 10:14 PM
You're really bored, huh.

luv
10-23-2005, 10:15 PM
It's the first initial of their last name, not their first name. Hopefully, that makes all of the pieces fall into place.
Yes. I was reading first initial and interpreting that as the first name. My bad.

Hate it when I do that! :banghead:

luv
10-23-2005, 10:17 PM
But...but...sometimes the best part is the text before the poll.
I would say that there's time for text AFTER the poll, but that's usually when I move on to another thread.

patteeu
10-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I might not be giving Jim Tyrer, Dave Hill, and Jerry Mays the credit they deserve (they were before my time), but I went with Team A because I think they have the better offensive and defensive lines. Combine that with Preist Holmes and Fred Arbanas (who I'm told was quite a blocker) and I think you have a recipe for success.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I went with Team B because their back 7 is really strong, and DT can make up for their weakness at DE. Team B also has a much better WR/TE corps, even though their line isn't as strong as Team A's elite corps. Team A also has a better offensive backfield, but Team B's is very strong, too.