PDA

View Full Version : If San Diego gets the benefit of the doubt...

donkhater
10-24-2005, 07:14 AM
.. being 3-4 playing a tough schedule, then why is everyone going ga-ga over Indy who has played 1 game vs a winning team so far?

jspchief
10-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Who cares?

donkhater
10-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Who cares?Well if you don't then why are you posting a reply?

I thought I'd just bring up a football topic on this football board. I suppose I should give my 2 cents on the latest movies or sexual fetishes?

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 07:22 AM

I suppose this may have something to do with it. When you live in Indiana, you are going to hear about the Colts. Alot.

Brock
10-24-2005, 07:25 AM
When they lose a game, I'm sure you'll hear plenty. I don't think their defense is going to be any better than it has been in the long run.

donkhater
10-24-2005, 07:27 AM

I suppose this may have something to do with it. When you live in Indiana, you are going to hear about the Colts. Alot.
Only when they are winning.

jspchief
10-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Well if you don't then why are you posting a reply?

I thought I'd just bring up a football topic on this football board. I suppose I should give my 2 cents on the latest movies or sexual fetishes?But it's not a football topic. It's a media topic.

The media will always picks their darlings and favorites, and they will rarely be objective when analyzing those favorites. Whether it's the Colts or Michael Vick, once they decide to jump on that bandwagon, they close their eyes and hold on tight, ignoring all but the most obvious reasons to get off the bandwagon.

These guys are routinely idiots. Why should any of us care what they have to say? You could start a thread pointing out their idiocy every day of the week.

I just don't get why anyone puts any stock into the opnions of these buffoons.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Indy does seem pretty good though.

Chiefnj
10-24-2005, 07:41 AM
But it's not a football topic. It's a media topic.

The media will always picks their darlings and favorites, and they will rarely be objective when analyzing those favorites. Whether it's the Colts or Michael Vick, once they decide to jump on that bandwagon, they close their eyes and hold on tight, ignoring all but the most obvious reasons to get off the bandwagon.

These guys are routinely idiots. Why should any of us care what they have to say? You could start a thread pointing out their idiocy every day of the week.

Everyone puts stock into what the media says, especially insecure Chief fans. When the Chiefs were 2-0 it was "why aren't we higher in the [insert name] power ranking?" "KC never gets any media respect." It's a favorite topic on this board to whine about the love east coast teams get and the disrespect a team that hasn't won a playoff game in a decade gets.

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 07:43 AM

A helluva lot better than us thats for sure. Ain't no way at the present moment that we can go on the road to Indy and win.

Chiefnj
10-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Indy hasn't played many teams with an average to above-average offense. I don't think they've beaten a single playoff team - Ravens, Titans, 49ers, Texans, Browns, an offensively anemic Jags team and the Rams.

Over their next 4 games they have to play NE, at Cincy and Pitt. Those games will be a good barometer as to how good they actually are.

tomahawk kid
10-24-2005, 08:12 AM

So did we in 2003.

Bottom line is that Indy hasn't played anyone yet.

I'm not saying they're NOT a contender, I just want to see them play some better competition than they have so far.

Sam
10-24-2005, 08:27 AM
I think the Chiefs CAN win in Indy, in the post-season. Listened to Bill Maas on the radio this morning. He thinks the Colts small, fast D players may hit the wall towards the end of the season. Especially going up against a smash mouth O's like the Chiefs. I tend to agree with that.

Phobia
10-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Everyone puts stock into what the media says, especially insecure Chief fans. When the Chiefs were 2-0 it was "why aren't we higher in the [insert name] power ranking?" "KC never gets any media respect." It's a favorite topic on this board to whine about the love east coast teams get and the disrespect a team that hasn't won a playoff game in a decade gets.

Yeah, that bugs me too. But I think I can partially explain it.

Everybody likes to see national coverage of their team. When ESPN mentions the Chiefs, you see a thread here. People like to hear their team covered. If your team is doing well, the national media will give it time. If not, they'll talk about the flavor of the moment. So, my opinion is that fans aren't so much upset about the lack of respect as they are the lack of coverage.

Bearcat
10-24-2005, 08:47 AM
But it's not a football topic. It's a media topic.

ESPN spent 2 hours slobbering over how yesterday's Bengals/Steelers game was the biggest in Cincy in 15 years.... yet, when it came down to picks, all of them ignored the fact that the players aren't used to big games & how Marvin Lewis added pressure with the gag order and how they're playing the Steelers..... and they all took the emotional pick over the logical one.

I thought it was pretty funny.... didn't catch what they said in Primetime though :shrug:

Otter
10-24-2005, 09:19 AM
.. being 3-4 playing a tough schedule, then why is everyone going ga-ga over Indy who has played 1 game vs a winning team so far?

Indy's been to the playoffs and 2 AFC Championship Games since 2004. They won in the post season. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 12 (or is it 13) years now.

Until the team proves otherwise they are the "chokes", "browns", "old bengals"...choose whichever one hurts less. Bottom line: is they don't deserve to be and will not be in the spotlight until they can prove their a contender.

Truth hurts.

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Indy's been to the playoffs and 2 AFC Championship Games since 2004. They won in the post season. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 12 (or is it 13) years now.

Until the team proves otherwise they are the "chokes", "browns", "old bengals"...choose whichever one hurts less. Bottom line: is they don't deserve to be and will not be in the spotlight until they can prove their a contender.

Truth hurts.

"old bengals"?

Last time I checked, the CURRENT Bengals haven't won a playoff game.

Somebody bought into CBS' pre-game hype yesterday...

:hmmm:

:D

Otter
10-24-2005, 09:27 AM
"old bengals"?

I'm jumpin' ship dammit, I can't take it any more. :deevee:

Nzoner
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Indy hasn't played many teams with an average to above-average offense. I don't think they've beaten a single playoff team - Ravens, Titans, 49ers, Texans, Browns, an offensively anemic Jags team and the Rams.

Over their next 4 games they have to play NE, at Cincy and Pitt. Those games will be a good barometer as to how good they actually are.

We could be looking at an almost mirror like season of 2003,Indy goes to Cinn undefeated,CJ makes a guarantee,Indy's wheels start to come off.....hey it's a dream,but what I wouldn't give to see KC knock them out of the play-offs in their house.

redfan
10-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Undefeated teams get a lot of pub. Esp. if one of the teams has a bona-fide member of NFL royalty (a Manning) on their roster. It makes me want to puke.
Snot-boy (all miked up): Hey Marvin, I'll split this football with ya! <--- I threw up in my mouth a little on that one.

donkhater
10-24-2005, 09:59 AM

Truth hurts.
I'm sorry, but where did I say ANYTHING about KC in my original post?

I just thought it was odd that a 3-4 team is thought of so highly, sighting a tough schedule as the reason for their record. While at the same time an undefeated team is seen as clearly the bes tteam in the NFl without any mention of the lackluster teams they've played so far.

Indy's good, but I don't think anyone has any idea how good so far.

It's like a teacher giving an easy test where everyone scores 100%. You haven't identified who actually learned the material. Until they play stiffer competion the jury is still out on that team I'm afraid.

Nzoner
10-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Undefeated teams get a lot of pub. Esp. if one of the teams has a bona-fide member of NFL royalty (a Manning) on their roster. It makes me want to puke.
Snot-boy (all miked up): Hey Marvin, I'll split this football with ya! <--- I threw up in my mouth a little on that one.

God forbid the day the two Mannings face off in a Super Bowl.

redfan
10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
God forbid the day the two Mannings face off in a Super Bowl.

There isn't enough moisture on Earth for that would-be media slobberfest.

Otter
10-24-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry, but where did I say ANYTHING about KC in my original post?

I just thought it was odd that a 3-4 team is thought of so highly, sighting a tough schedule as the reason for their record. While at the same time an undefeated team is seen as clearly the bes tteam in the NFl without any mention of the lackluster teams they've played so far.

Indy's good, but I don't think anyone has any idea how good so far.

It's like a teacher giving an easy test where everyone scores 100%. You haven't identified who actually learned the material. Until they play stiffer competion the jury is still out on that team I'm afraid.

Think of that post as a nice big fart. I was relieving myself from the gas of frustration brought on over the years as opposed to being polite and relevent.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't care who Indy has played thus far. I think they blow away the Pats and Bengals, then lose to the Steelers.

Still, the prospects for HFA are good for them. They play a different game in the dome.

siberian khatru
10-24-2005, 10:56 AM
"old bengals"?

I wouldn't mind being the "old Bengals," if it refers to the franchise that went to two Super Bowls in the 1980s.

chiefsfan1963
10-24-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't care who gets respect during the regular season. I just want KC to improve week by week and go into the playoffs under the radar, win their 1st playoff game and then get to the AFC Championship game followed by one more win in the Super Bowl. Then the media can give us respect or not! I don't care what they do as long as we are holding the Lombardi. :)