PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 03:26 PM
My wife is an avid internet surfer. She likes Ebay, Amazon, and all of that.

I sell Internet security solutions. We don't often see eye to eye.

My wife wants to take online surveys now in her spare time, getting paid to surf the net. I look at these things and instantly think "identity theft"...

http://snipurl.com/iz0x

http://snipurl.com/iz1g

Simplex3
10-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Your wife needs her Intarweb privileges taken away.

jspchief
10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I guess i would try and convince her that the payday isn't worth the risk. I have to assume that it doesn't really pay that well.

sedated
10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
In the immortal words of Prodigy, "Smack my Bitch up."

(Plus it was a bad-ass video)

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I guess i would try and convince her that the payday isn't worth the risk. I have to assume that it doesn't really pay that well.

$10-$15 per survey. Sometimes a particularly long survey might be $35-$50.

She could probably do around 10 surveys a week. $400 a month is a car payment.

KChiefsQT
10-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Hmm... if someone is offering you money, but in order to recieve it.....you first have to pay a sign-up or membership fee. Not a good idea. Sounds like a pretty stupid idea actually... but that's just me.

Iowanian
She'd make more money with a webcam and a large sausage.....

Ebolapox
:shake:

give her five bucks a week extra just to avoid em'--there's some extra cash

-EB-...tell her she could donate plasma/blood/semen(ROFL--nm) if she wants extra cash--the black market on kidneys is SOLID right now

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Hmm... if someone is offering you money, but in order to recieve it.....you first have to pay a sign-up or membership fee. Not a good idea. Sounds like a pretty stupid idea actually... but that's just me.

See, I could care less about being ripped off. It's only $35 to sign up, so if they take it and run, big deal.

I'm concerned about possible identity theft, etc.

Rausch
10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
$10-$15 per survey. Sometimes a particularly long survey might be $35-$50.

She could probably do around 10 surveys a week. $400 a month is a car payment.

Where do I sign up?...

DaFace
10-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I've done this crap before, and it's not worth your money or time. All your $35 gets you is a listing of web sites that occasionally do surveys. The idea is that you are supposed to go to a ton of them and give them your info. Then, eventually, they'll send you an email asking you to participate.

In a month of doing this, I only had one or two that offered any sort of money, and it was typically a dollar or two at most.

Fish
10-24-2005, 03:45 PM
This sounds like a horrible idea.... even the best rated survey place in the second link requires a $35 membership fee.

I would tell her that these sites were known to be full of spyware/virii or something and try vehemently to discourage her from this. I think this is a situation where a white lie would be very appropriate to protect all involved........

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
It sounds pretty good for the guy collecting the membership fees.

Rain Man
10-24-2005, 03:55 PM
It's possible that some sites will legitimately pay you, but I'm not sure which ones. The more important thing is that even if they'll legitimately pay you, 99.99 percent of them are doing junk research that does nothing but damage the reputation of the market research industry. If she supports these types of companies, then eventually all sorts of bad things will happen as a result of bad opinion research, such as:

1. Dung-flavored popsicles

2. Chiefs new colors: teal and purple

3. Automobiles with flashy but opaque emerald green windshields

4. Plastic packaging that can't be opened even with a knife and a pair of scissors.*

*See, that one has already started.

Otter
10-24-2005, 04:01 PM

There's a potential market here for lonley singles in the Castro District of San Francisco.

Bowser
10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Not a good idea.

If it's the money she's interested in, see if she'll stuff envelopes for some junk mail company. Or else see if you're a long lost relative to the bastard(s) in Oregon that won the 340 mil powerball.

Fishpicker
10-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Its not worth the time and effort. she gives info away and you sell network security? thats some sweet dichotomy.

Fish
10-24-2005, 04:15 PM

http://neutrinodesign.com/lokutus/homer%20gummybear.jpg

Mmmmmm.... popsicles...............

Rain Man
10-24-2005, 04:19 PM
There's a potential market here for lonley singles in the Castro District of San Francisco.

You must have done an Internet survey to test the market.

Phobia
10-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd put out a bowl of antifreeze if I were you.

Bowser
10-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I'd put out a bowl of antifreeze if I were you.

ROFL

Long distance cross thread humor. Well done.

Iowanian
10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
If she's looking for some easy money....I'm selling a pamphlet on my foolproof way to rip people off for $29.95...1 time lesson with no strings attached.

Calcountry
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
If she's looking for some easy money....I'm selling a pamphlet on my foolproof way to rip people off for $29.95...1 time lesson with no strings attached.Get in line, Don Leprie(sp), Tom Vu, and Carlton Sheets have already beat you to that racket.