PDA

View Full Version : Defense through the Air

tiptap
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
We will be facing the best performing TE so far this season. We will also be facing one of the better running backs. Add that SD does have better than average WR. This will be the real test of whether Warfield presence can shore up the Secondary defense. KC ranks last in the defense of RB as receivers. The average gain is just over 5 yds while KC gives up better than 7.5 yds average. That is a 1st down instead of a 4th down. We are pretty near the bottom defensing TE and our opponets best WR. So this Sunday I suspect we will see plenty of passes to the TE, RB the WR corp.
I like to think we will see good play against the run but the passing defense is going to be the difference in winning or losing. (That along with the play of our RT against Merriman who does seem to be a good pass rusher.)

RedThat
10-24-2005, 04:48 PM
We will be facing the best performing TE so far this season. We will also be facing one of the better running backs. Add that SD does have better than average WR. This will be the real test of whether Warfield presence can shore up the Secondary defense. KC ranks last in the defense of RB as receivers. The average gain is just over 5 yds while KC gives up better than 7.5 yds average. That is a 1st down instead of a 4th down. We are pretty near the bottom defensing TE and our opponets best WR. So this Sunday I suspect we will see plenty of passes to the TE, RB the WR corp.
I like to think we will see good play against the run but the passing defense is going to be the difference in winning or losing. (That along with the play of our RT against Merriman who does seem to be a good pass rusher.)

I think were gonna lose this game. No chance.

Spicy McHaggis
10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
I think were gonna lose this game. No chance.

Why even get up in the morning? :deevee:

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I think our best chance is to take the crowd out of it.

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I think our best chance is to take the crowd out of it.

Bwahahahahaha. A crowd in San Diego. ROFL

Mr. Laz
10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
our pass defense still sucks

personally i think it has as much to do with bad coaching as bad personnel.

1. why can't the coaches disguise our blitzes better? (what the hell is benny sapp thinking)

2. when in a zone defense the players MUST man up and actually cover the fuggin receiver. Just standing there for the tackle after the reception is silly.

3. after a certain amount of time, players need to man up and close the distance ... because the quarterback is going to throw it. (this is mainly for linebackers and the short zones) You can't just maintain you deep drops and let RB/TE's just step out and catch a short pass and waste decent coverage.

4. must bring more players on pass rush ... rushing 4 players when a team has 6/7 blockers is too much to ask of our average Dlineman.

Reaper16
10-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Bwahahahahaha. A crowd in San Diego. ROFL
You gotta' love jokes that you setup yourself.

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 05:27 PM
You gotta' love jokes that you setup yourself.

Wasn't supposed to be a joke setup. Just a double-take.

Reaper16
10-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Wasn't supposed to be a joke setup. Just a double-take.
Awww, now I'm dissapointed. :(

Extra Point
10-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Can you say "Martyball?" I knew you could.

LT wants the ball, and Marty will give it to him, upon chewing the arses of the O line. I don't expect a blowout by San Diego, and I expect we'll be able to contain. Brees don't want no headache, so IF we have tight coverage, we'll have a shot 3-and-outs and a shot at turning it over our way.