PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Freeney giving props to Willie Roaf

BigRock
10-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Anyone see Freeney's interview on PTI? Towards the end they asked him about the QB that gives him the most trouble, and he said something about Vick, but then said it's more a question of the offensive line and the QB than just the QB himself. Then he said KC gives him the most trouble, mentioning that Trent is tough to bring down and that he's gotta go up against Willie Roaf.

No big deal, but I thought it was kinda cool. It'll be on again on ESPN News in a half hour or so.

Reaper16
10-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Makes sense, seeing as Roaf pwned Freeney last year.

Bowser
10-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Cool.

Roaf has stonewalled him both times they've met.

tk13
10-25-2005, 04:21 PM
I'd imagine... Roaf has absolutely shut him down every time we've played them. Pretty impressive considering Freeney owns pretty much everybody else... he's schooled Ogden of the Ravens, and he'll get a chance to go against Walter Jones of the Seahawks later this year. Be interesting to see how they do.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Roaf hasn't faced Freeney's spin move.

ZootedGranny
10-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Roaf "giving him trouble" is putting it lightly. If the NFL was prison, Roaf would've bought Freeney's mouth with a carton of Newports already.

Abba-Dabba
10-25-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd imagine... Roaf has absolutely shut him down every time we've played them. Pretty impressive considering Freeney owns pretty much everybody else... he's schooled Ogden of the Ravens, and he'll get a chance to go against Walter Jones of the Seahawks later this year. Be interesting to see how they do.

Orlando Pace completely shut down Freeney earlier this year.

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Jim Tyrer would have owned Freeny.

mlyonsd
10-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Jim Tyrer would have owned Freeny.

You really are old.

Join the crowd.

the Talking Can
10-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Roafs toys with Freeney.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Freeney to me is the 2nd coming of Derrick Thomas. Undersized, quick, edge pass rusher. They can also get completely shut down from time to time by a good tackle. They can also become a liability in the run stopping game, but DT became better against the run as he got older.

BigRock
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
I thought it was cool mainly because we do know that Freeney hasn't done much against Roaf. For Freeney to say so and give props to Willie shows something on his part. Compare that to, say, Ray Lewis, who got owned by KC's line and even before this season was still insisting in that Sportsline.com article that KC had him double teamed on all but two plays in the game.