PDA

View Full Version : If Browning Can't Go Then

philfree
10-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Doesn't that leave us with just two healthy DTs in Dalton and Siavii? Wilkerson has been playing on the inside some but still it makes us really shallow at the DT position. I'm I the only one that finds this worrisome?

PhilFree:arrow:

milkman
10-26-2005, 10:38 AM
No, you aren't the only one.

While I would like to see Wilkerson get more snaps, since all he does is play pretty damn well, I don't want to see it as the result of weakining depth at an already weak position.

philfree
10-26-2005, 10:44 AM
No, you aren't the only one.

While I would like to see Wilkerson get more snaps, since all he does is play pretty damn well, I don't want to see it as the result of weakining depth at an already weak position.

I quess it's time for Jr to take his very large diaper off. Does this mean we play more 3-4 so we can work a two man rotation between Dalton and Siavii in the middle?

B_Ambuehl
10-26-2005, 10:46 AM
For whatever reason Wilkerson has been playing NT in the 3-4 when we go to it. No big deal with Browning out. I would be concerned if Dalton as out though cause he's really the only one that can play that NT in the 4-3 very effectively. He's very under-rated in this defense. If he doesn't play then you can rotate between Wilkerson and Siavii at the 3-technique (lining up on the right guards outside shoulder). Both of those guys could use the snaps anyway.

milkman
10-26-2005, 10:49 AM
I quess it's time for Jr to take his very large diaper off. Does this mean we play more 3-4 so we can work a two man rotation between Dalton and Siavii in the middle?

No.
I don't want to have to rely on Siavii.

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I would prefer NOT to see an undersized Wilkerson at NT. I don't mind him playing at DE.

And I really don't want to have to depend on Junior.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Heath Evans

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Heath Evans

Absolutely fuggin brilliant.

I'm guessing you're suggesting we should sign Dorsett Davis or Mario Fatafehi, regardless of whether there's something wrong with them?

philfree
10-26-2005, 11:09 AM
No.
I don't want to have to rely on Siavii.

I would prefer NOT to see an undersized Wilkerson at NT. I don't mind him playing at DE.

Don't look like we have a choice to me?

Dave Lane
10-26-2005, 11:12 AM

I'm guessing you're suggesting we should sign Dorsett Davis or Mario Fatafehi, regardless of whether there's something wrong with them?

Isn't Evans a FB? Am I forgetting something...

Dave

milkman
10-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Don't look like we have a choice to me?

I know that we have to play Siavii, but I don't want to rely on him as the only interior lineman, which means limited use of the 3-4.

philfree
10-26-2005, 11:25 AM
For whatever reason Wilkerson has been playing NT in the 3-4 when we go to it. No big deal with Browning out. I would be concerned if Dalton as out though cause he's really the only one that can play that NT in the 4-3 very effectively. He's very under-rated in this defense. If he doesn't play then you can rotate between Wilkerson and Siavii at the 3-technique (lining up on the right guards outside shoulder). Both of those guys could use the snaps anyway.

I hadn't noticed Wilkerson as the NT in our 3-4 but at 6'2" and 280 lbs he probably has the squatty type of strength to do it.

I know that we have to play Siavii, but I don't want to rely on him as the only interior lineman, which means limited use of the 3-4.

So you'd use less 3-4 even though we have fewer DTs to work with? Hope our offense is clicking.

milkman
10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
So you'd use less 3-4 even though we have fewer DTs to work with? Hope our offense is clicking.

If we use more 3-4 with Siavii, then I think that LdT has a huge game running between the tackles.

Just have to keep rotating the 3 guys we have to keep 'em as fresh as possible.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 11:32 AM

Dave
ROFL you are correct, sir!

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM

so enlighten us all ... what's wrong with them?

Brock
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM

I dunno....apparently there are quite a few teams that think there is something wrong with them.

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 12:17 PM

Dave

Yeah, Evans is a fullback. Laz responded that we should sign a defensive tackle instead. Of course, when confronted with specific names, he goes mute.

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 12:18 PM

I don't pretend to know. Maybe you should ask one them...they're at HOME where they've been every day since the beginning of the season...

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't pretend to know. Maybe you should ask one them...they're at HOME where they've been every day since the beginning of the season...
so you assume that something must be wrong with them since they are free agents.

yet you don't assume the same about the free agent Heath Evans.

:hmmm: maybe its some kind of 5 second rule, like dropping food on the floor. If a free agent has just been cut they aren't defective, but if they have been cut for awhile then they are tainted and suck.

parker logic at it's prime ROFL

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 12:32 PM
so you assume that something must be wrong with them since they are free agents.

yet you don't assume the same about the free agent Heath Evans.

:hmmm: maybe its some kind of 5 second rule, like dropping food on the floor. If a free agent has just been cut they aren't defective, but if they have been cut for awhile then they are tainted and suck.

parker logic at it's prime ROFL

I find it funny you'd poke fun at my logic. Pretty much tells me that you know you're wrong.

Heath Evans has been a free agent for 7 days. Dorsett Davis and Mario Fatafehi have been free agents for 7 WEEKS.

Conveniently ignore the facts if you'd like. There's only several years of evidence -- decent free agents get cut all the time because of salary,etc. The ones that can still play get picked up, the ones that can't don't.

Braincase
10-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Which is the better punchline? Rich Scanlon or

Nate Hobgood-Chittick.

philfree
10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Sniff........Sniff.......What's that smell? Oh! It's Nate Hobgood-chitlins. :)

Lurch
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm available.

philfree
10-26-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm available.

Nate! How's it going buddy?

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
IHeath Evans has been a free agent for 7 days. Dorsett Davis and Mario Fatafehi have been free agents for 7 WEEKS
like i said, you believe in some kind of 5 second food/free agent rule

good thing corey simon didn't stay a free agent for another 24 hours ... or he'd suck like Ty law.

i'm not poking fun at your logic ... how could i, it doesn't exist. :)

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 12:52 PM

good thing corey simon didn't stay a free agent for another 24 hours ... or he'd suck like Ty law.

Yeah, you're really onto something here. Corey Simon garnered interest from half a dozen teams the instant he was released.

I don't know why I'm arguing with you, you're reasoning is obviously ironclad.

Lurch
10-26-2005, 12:55 PM

You are from West Virginia, and you and your sister are "close". Aren't you?

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 12:59 PM
You are from West Virginia, and you and your sister are "close". Aren't you?
hush noob ... the adults are talking

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 01:00 PM
hush noob ... the adults are talking

ROFL

Lurch
10-26-2005, 01:02 PM
ROFL

Heh.

Chiefnj
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
As a fan, I can understand the need to want to bring someone, anyone, in to rotate at the DT position.

The Chiefs aren't the only team that needs help on the inside. If you go over to the Bengals board, which I do because I liked their draft this year, you'd think you were on a Chiefs board. It is all about how the DL sucks and they need some muscle in the middle. They are as desperate for a DT as the Chief fans.

The reality is that the regular season isn't the time to experiment with new players and if they can adapt to the scheme. Look at Denver's long run up the gut for a TD. It was all because a DT made a quick split second mental error. Those errors would be magnified with a new player that is completely unaccustomed to Gunther.

Although it is hard to stomach, the general rule among NFL coaches and GM's is to stick with what you have because it is the lesser of two evils.