PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NFL guys all pick Chargers and Broncos to win...

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Here's hoping they're wrong on both counts. I think they are, personally.

The Broncos aren't a running team like the Bolts, so Philly will be able to key on the passing game. Jevon Kearse should have a good day! The INFL boyz say that Champ Bailey should be able to nutrilize T.O., but that seems laughable to me.

The Chiefs should be able dispel the myth of the Chargers "D", too. I'm looking forward to a festive Sunday.

SDChief
10-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Broncos aren't a running team? not sure about that. I think they live and die by the run and the bootleg. But I think the eagles should do well against them. Champ shutting down TO is laughable.

beer bacon
10-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Denver has the #2 rushing offense in the NFL with 158 ypg at 5.0 ypc. The Chargers are the #9 rushing offense with 130 ypg at 4.4 ypc.

T-post Tom
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Grandma's bridge club all picked KC to win.

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 01:31 AM
That Grandma's a smart cookie.

Fishpicker
10-27-2005, 02:08 AM

The Broncos aren't a running team like the Bolts, so Philly will be able to key on the passing game. Jevon Kearse should have a good day! The INFL boyz say that Champ Bailey should be able to nutrilize T.O., but that seems laughable to me.

The Chiefs should be able dispel the myth of the Chargers "D", too. I'm looking forward to a festive Sunday.

hmm...kearse is a brilliant pass rusher but Philly will need to depend on it's LBs and secondary to stop the run. kearse just isnt a presence inside.

zone running = zone defense. the donks will need to capitalize on the play action to win it. Philly's passing looks sharp (they have to), TO will struggle vs. bailey but McNabb will find others to fill in.

if Shanahan manages this one right (i.e. run the football in the 4th Q) it might come down to conditioning.
-----
the HBO inside guys are more often wrong than right (49.3/50.7) when they unaminously agree. it's too good to be true for chargers fans. I think our O-line is ready to get to work. it will be a last minute game and I think our passing game (T.G. to T.G.) will bail us out.

BigRock
10-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Hopefully this is the last week we'll have to listen to talking heads like Collinsworth go on about how a 3-4 team might be the best team in football. There's at least one power ranking out there on a major site that has the Bolts ranked #3 in the NFL, ahead of teams that have beaten them.

I hope we can pull this one out.

Rausch
10-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Yeah, they'll all die eventually...

HemiEd
10-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Yeah, they'll all die eventually...
ROFL

Mecca
10-27-2005, 03:12 AM
It seems as though everyone thinks the Chiefs are going to get blown away by the Chargers.

I'd like to know why a 3-4 team is being treated like they're 7-0. When did that team become this media darling that everyone loves?

Fishpicker
10-27-2005, 03:29 AM
It seems as though everyone thinks the Chiefs are going to get blown away by the Chargers.

I'd like to know why a 3-4 team is being treated like they're 7-0. When did that team become this media darling that everyone loves?

the experts probably think that the chargers are due for a win since they have lost close games. I think they are due for another letdown, Martyball just have the punch needed to win consistently in the last minutes

Andoverer
10-27-2005, 05:02 AM

Probably because the only Chiefs game any of them have seen this year is the disgrace in Denver. :banghead:

Mile High Mania
10-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Yeah, Denver's ground game doesn't get much production.

KC Jones
10-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Chargers should be favored. They're playing at home, their backs against the wall, and top to bottom they are the better team.

MichaelH
10-27-2005, 06:20 AM
The "experts" are picking the Chargers. Let's see here. In my opinion aside from the Jets game and the Fins game, the Chiefs have looked mediocre at best. The defense allows too many passing yards and the offense has done almost nothing. Trent Green has 4 TD's in 6 games. The Chargers are against the wall. The bottom line is if the Chiefs don't improve, the "experts" will be correct.

Phobia
10-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Yeah. They're probably right, too. Unless the Chiefs get some serious breaks there's no way they'll come home 5-2.

KC Jones
10-27-2005, 06:28 AM
The "experts" are picking the Chargers. Let's see here. In my opinion aside from the Jets game and the Fins game, the Chiefs have looked mediocre at best. The defense allows too many passing yards and the offense has done almost nothing. Trent Green has 4 TD's in 6 games. The Chargers are against the wall. The bottom line is if the Chiefs don't improve, the "experts" will be correct.

Yep. I didn't see the phins game, but the Jets are a terrible team and they would have been in that game if Coles hadn't dropped so many passes. Our two other wins had a lot to do with the other team giving the game away as well. I have yet to see us look like a good team, and the Eagles and Broncos games said a lot about how mediocre we are.

If we can win in San Diego I'd have to re-evaluate this position but I just don't see it happening.

jspchief
10-27-2005, 06:31 AM
If you just look at the records, maybe KC should be favored to win this game. But the W/L record doesn't tell the whole story.

KC has looked like a mediocre team. They beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones.

Meanwhile, SD has looked very good in all their games. They have lost to some good teams like KC, but they have also beat a few good teams.

Add in that the game is in SD, and SD kicked our ass twice last year, and it's no wonder everyone is picking the Chargers to win.

This is KC's chance to earn some respect and prove they are something other than middle of the pack. If we can't win this game, then get used to seeing us picked to lose on the road.

the Talking Can
10-27-2005, 06:34 AM
yeah, we haven't proven much..expect that good teams humiliate us (Denver, Philly)

Chiefnj
10-27-2005, 06:35 AM
San Diego really doesn't have a home field advantage. At any given game almost a third of the fans seem to be fans of the opposing team - up to 50% at Raider games. Not a big home field advantage, if any at all.

Andoverer
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
I do believe the defense will continue to gel and improve into a more cohesive unit. These guys are a new mix and really haven't played that much together unlike our O. DJ, I think, will start showing a lot more of his talents too. The offense is coming back to the form we've come to expect as well. I think our mediocore games will become fewer and fewer and I expect KC to rise from where we've been. That being said, San Diego on the road will still be a tough test.

Area 51
10-27-2005, 09:03 AM
I really like those comments that is providing the positive Karma for the game!?

BigRedChief
10-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I think this is our hardest game for the rest of the year. Because SD is deperate and we can lose this one and recover. We have played soft several times this year. Same thing could happen out there. SD loses they are in big trouble. Marty can get a team ready for this game. Can DV do it again this week?

StcChief
10-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Let's prove the experts wrong again.

cool_brees
10-27-2005, 10:01 AM
San Diego hasn't lost by more than four points in a span of twenty-two games. That streak is the seventh longest in NFL history.

They're not going to be underdogs at home, playing like that.

Braincase
10-27-2005, 10:02 AM
San Diego should just step aside, get to 8 losses then get Phil Rivers some PT so they can trade one of their QB's.

dirk digler
10-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Big deal, that is why they play the game instead of listening to the talking heads.

CupidStunt
10-27-2005, 12:48 PM
I picked OAK/SD/DEN all to win in my Pick'Em league.

Hey, i'm right, I get 3 points.

But i'll gladly be wrong. I'd rather go with my head than my heart.

htismaqe
10-27-2005, 12:53 PM
San Diego hasn't lost by more than four points in a span of twenty-two games. That streak is the seventh longest in NFL history.

They're not going to be underdogs at home, playing like that.

You can thank Marty for that. Enjoy your regular season superstardom...that's all it's gonna be...

Garcia Bronco
10-27-2005, 01:15 PM

guys like LT and TO get their yards and scores every game...the guy(s) to stop in the passing game are the TE's and Westbrook...and of course contain Owens....but those players like Owens...even against a healthy Champ Bailey is going to win some battles.

Chromatic
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
We're all forgetting that 3/4 Inside The NFL experts picked Miami to win last week, and we crushed them.

It'll be a close game, in my opinion. It could go either way.

KcMizzou
10-27-2005, 02:03 PM
The Broncos aren't a running team They'd better be, if they want to win. I don't think they'll be riding the arm of Joke Plummer to victory.

Hydrae
10-27-2005, 02:04 PM
When did that team become this media darling that everyone loves?

When they beat the Patriots.

Bob Dole
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Damn. The o/u is 51.

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Did you hear about Carswell's car crash? Just heard it on NFL Channel...

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Critical condition. Not good. I hope he pulls through, but they say he crushed his chest cavity. That sounds awful.

htismaqe
10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Dude, you need to seriously peruse the front page. There's an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Carswell's accident.

philfree
10-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Inside the NFL guys all pick Chargers and Broncos to win...

That's always a plus :clap:

PhilFree:arrow:

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah, those players like LT2 and Ricky Williams always get their yards, too.. right? We'll see. I look for the Chiefs' "D" to surprise a lot of people on this BB. I won't be surprised 'cause I believe in them. I don't even hold my breath before every snap this year... and that says a lot about their improvement. Dante Hall still makes me stand up and yell in the middle of sportsbars, though.

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Dude, you need to seriously peruse the front page. There's an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Carswell's accident.

Sorry,... on a break from work. I have the BB set as my homepage so I won't have to log in over and over. I usually just throw the TV on the NFL Channel to get my updates, but you're right. I will make a habit of checking out the Chiefs sites before posting from now on. sheesh.

KcMizzou
10-27-2005, 02:38 PM
I will make a habit of checking out the Chiefs sites before posting from now on. sheesh. I'm pretty sure he was just talking about checking the site you happen to be posting on.

:)

htismaqe
10-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry,... on a break from work. I have the BB set as my homepage so I won't have to log in over and over. I usually just throw the TV on the NFL Channel to get my updates, but you're right. I will make a habit of checking out the Chiefs sites before posting from now on. sheesh.

I'm not asking you to check out anything other than the first 30 or so threads on THIS BB. Takes about 45 seconds...

mike_b_284
10-27-2005, 03:36 PM
LT's not going to run very well, I smell a slump coming on. Plus we are looking better against the run. It's going to be the short pass that kills us. I'm thinking shootout - 35 to 31 KC

mike_b_284
10-27-2005, 03:38 PM
SAN DIEGO, you know that's german for whale's vagina

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm not asking you to check out anything other than the first 30 or so threads on THIS BB. Takes about 45 seconds...
Fair enough! Go Chiefs!