PDA

View Full Version : We went ghost hunting last night

Nzoner
10-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Looking for something unique to do this Halloween weekend?

Sometime back the Travel Channel did a special on Atchison,Kansas(supposedly the most haunted town in Kansas)and just 15 or so miles from St Joe.

Anyhow,the city offers an hour long trolley ride with a host who tells about the numerous sightings and ghost stories over the last 100 plus years in Atchison.

In the spirit of halloween here's a link to the official page (http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OZ-HauntedAtchison.html) if anyone's interested in this type of thing.

If you go to the site be sure to check out the top of page 2 as for me it was by far the most interesting house and story of the tour,in fact the place is empty today,although it sits in a great location on the river bluff and it's been featured on a couple of other tv shows.

Personally,I thought it was worth the 8 bucks but there's no leaving the trolley as all of the homes but the one above are still occupied.

http://tinyurl.com/8t3bu

Raiderhater
10-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I'd live there.

Sully
10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I read about that trolley tour, but also read that it was pretty much sold out for the sason... looks cool as hell, though.

Bwana
10-29-2005, 10:47 AM
I'd live there.

Likewise, that's a sweet pad.

Nzoner
10-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd live there.

That place is actually occupied,the one that isn't is pictured below.According to our guide last night the owner will rent the place for $50 for one evening but other than a few local fraternities no one has taken the offer.

The story that goes with the house is quite eerie,in fact the husband of the family that last lived there was documented on the tv series Sightings with having bloody scratches appear on his body whenever in a room that a little girl named Sallie died in.

The special that aired on Travel Channel showed some of the Sightings footage which captured some of the marks appearing on film.

Draw your own conclusions.

http://tinyurl.com/ak9zo

Raiderhater
10-29-2005, 11:13 AM
That place is actually occupied,the one that isn't is pictured below.According to our guide last night the owner will rent the place for $50 for one evening but other than a few local fraternities no one has taken the offer.

The story that goes with the house is quite eerie,in fact the husband of the family that last lived there was documented on the tv series Sightings with having bloody scratches appear on his body whenever in a room that a little girl named Sallie died in.

The special that aired on Travel Channel showed some of the Sightings footage which captured some of the marks appearing on film.

Draw your own conclusions.

http://tinyurl.com/ak9zo

I'd stay there.

Frazod
10-29-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd stay there.

No you wouldn't. You just think you would.

CosmicPal
10-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Go to the Johnson County Industrial Airport.

On the west side, is an abandoned hangar. That entire area is haunted. You won't have to wait long before something creepy will happen.

It too has been featured on A&E, Discovery Channel, and the Travel Channel.

In my late teens, I worked there for three years. Three years of hearing strange noises and things breaking whenever I was near the hangar. I always, always blamed it on the wind or stray animals. Never did I ever suspect the place to be haunted, nor did I ever hear of the potential for it to be haunted. I was a firm non-believer in that kind of stuff.

I worked the late shift and one night, I was over by the hangar fueling the jet fuel truck. It was the dead of summer and still quite humid. All of a sudden I heard a voice- I couldn't make out the words, but it sounded like someone was in great pain. I couldn't see anything and at first thought my co-workers were messing with me as we always liked to play pranks on each other.

So, I shrugged it off. All of a sudden it felt like someone was closing in on me and the sounds grew louder. Before I knew it, it was cold. It was 85 degrees out, but I could see my own breath and I was shivering as though it was 20. I immediately stopped fueling, jumped in the truck and drove back to the airport. I was scared shitless and shaking like a leaf on a tree. The guys were all wondering what was wrong, but I wouldn't say anything.

We all went to the bar, and after a couple of drinks, I was still shivering and the guys were worried. So, I reluctantly told them what happened and they all laughed 'cause they were surprised I didn't know...But, I do now. I know...It all made sense after that experience- all those eerie noises and things breaking and moving around and stuff...truly freaky.

Check it out for yourself....

Raiderhater
10-29-2005, 12:03 PM
No you wouldn't. You just think you would.

Put up the fifty and we'll see.

Valiant
10-29-2005, 01:29 PM
sounds like a planet get together...

Fairplay
10-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Thats a wild story Cosmic.

I have a friend that has some wierd storys to tell of these warehouses he would guard at night in an old place in St.Louis

He finally had enough of being spooked out and quit.
Like the many that did before him.

Frazod
10-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Put up the fifty and we'll see.

I somehow doubt either of us will find the time to hook up in Atchison at any time soon, but I can assure you, staying in a place like this is easier said than done.

I've slept in a haunted house. It's bad enough when all the damned thing does is stomp around in the dark. In this house, the ghost physically injures people. F#ck that.

Nzoner
10-29-2005, 03:17 PM
sounds like a planet get together...

There's an idea,we could rent it for 37 Forever next year.

Halfcan
10-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Cool story cosmic. I believe in that shit. I wouldn't stay in that girls house-I saw that story. They scratches appear from nnowhere right before the camera. The guy was bleeding.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-29-2005, 07:46 PM
me and a bunch of friends once tryed to spend the night in an old abandoned church, i never saw, heard, or felt anything, but after everyone else chickens out and runs away it's just not fun anymore

Raiderhater
10-29-2005, 11:46 PM
I somehow doubt either of us will find the time to hook up in Atchison at any time soon, but I can assure you, staying in a place like this is easier said than done.

I've slept in a haunted house. It's bad enough when all the damned thing does is stomp around in the dark. In this house, the ghost physically injures people. F#ck that.

Bah. I'd take my chances.

Nzoner
10-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Bah. I'd take my chances.

I'll keep that in mind on your next visit up.

Raiderhater
10-30-2005, 09:52 AM
I'll keep that in mind on your next visit up.

OK.

StcChief
10-30-2005, 10:14 AM
I talked to a relator about this and they know people and have had clients that have bought/sold houses that were haunted....

Missouri doesn't have that as a disclosure item.

California does. Not sure about the rest of the states

KC Jones
10-30-2005, 10:50 AM

piece of cake - you just need to make sure there are no TVs and bring a psychic midget with you.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-30-2005, 12:00 PM
a young priest and an old priest

PastorMikH
10-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd stay there.

I'd be up for it too. 'Course after a night of praying, the house might be delivered by morning.

:)

Fairplay
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
This ghost house has the american flag a waving on it so it can't be all that bad.

Maybe it only haunts people who drive up in foreign cars.

Raiderhater
10-30-2005, 01:37 PM
I'd be up for it too. 'Course after a night of praying, the house might be delivered by morning.

:)

Yup.

Raiderhater
10-30-2005, 01:43 PM
This ghost house has the american flag a waving on it so it can't be all that bad.

Maybe it only haunts people who drive up in foreign cars.

Commies shouldn't stay there.

Dunit35
10-30-2005, 02:47 PM
That Sallie house looks like it would be awesome to spend a few nights on.

Digital Takawira
10-30-2005, 03:59 PM
how is it ghost hunting if you're riding a damn trolley. unless you're going in the houses, it's a tour, not ghost hunting.

Nzoner
10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
how is it ghost hunting if you're riding a damn trolley. unless you're going in the houses, it's a tour, not ghost hunting.

True,but then again it sounded better than we went on a trolley tour last night.

jynni
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
This group in KC (http://www.kcghost.com/) goes on ghost hunts/tours in Union Cemetery. That place is creepy enough during the daytime - I don't think I'd make it at night - even with a group of people.

Nzoner
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
This group in KC (http://www.kcghost.com/) goes on ghost hunts/tours in Union Cemetery. That place is creepy enough during the daytime - I don't think I'd make it at night - even with a group of people.

I noticed they have a pic of The Gargoyle House in Atchison on their site.Our tour went by there and according to the guide one of the previous owners who had decided to remove the statues from atop the house mysteriously fell to his death.

The owners since have opted to keep them.

tomahawk kid
10-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Did you find the ghost of Tequila Sunrise?