PDA

View Full Version : If I hear the name "Wellington Mara" one more time...

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm going to barf. I was duped into watching the Giants game because I have Brunell and Cooley on my fantasy team. I'm pretty sure they spent more time discussing a dead guy than they did the game. Every freaking play they were chatting up how that play had something to do with their now ex-owner. It was pathetic and he would have been embarrased by the spectacle that was made of him. The only way they could have made it worse would have been to wheel the dude's corpse into the booth and "interview" him.

chiefs4me
10-30-2005, 03:36 PM
one more time...

opraider
10-30-2005, 03:55 PM
It's just going to be as bad when Lamar croaks!

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 04:54 PM
I doubt it. Lamar doesn't own a team where the entire nation's sports media live.

Duck Dog
10-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I doubt it. Lamar doesn't own a team where the entire nation's sports media live.

Hunts should be even larger. He started what is now the AFC and he has a trophy bearing his name. Nobody knew Wellington Mara before today.

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Hunts should be even larger. He started what is now the AFC and he has a trophy bearing his name. Nobody knew Wellington Mara before today.
Should and will are two different things.

Duck Dog
10-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Should and will are two different things.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. It was ment for opraider guy. None the less, you are correct.

HemiEd
10-31-2005, 06:35 AM
I'm going to barf. Every freaking play they were chatting up how that play had something to do with their now ex-owner.

yep, it was getting pretty old. Reminded me of Sharpe talking about Randy Moss.

Straight, No Chaser
10-31-2005, 06:51 AM
I was duped into watching the Giants game because I have Brunell and Cooley on my fantasy team. I'm pretty sure they spent more time discussing a dead guy than they did the game. Every freaking play they were chatting up how that play had something to do with their now ex-owner. It was pathetic and he would have been embarrased by the spectacle that was made of him. The only way they could have made it worse would have been to wheel the dude's corpse into the booth and "interview" him.

Dude, sounds like you're complaining too much or a Fantasy Geek has taken over your mind.

Memo: "Brunell = Fools Gold"

---->

jidar
10-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Oh come on. It wasn't that bad.
Why don't you just let people have their moment.

Mile High Mania
10-31-2005, 07:39 AM
The guy was a legend... same with Lamar Hunt. Hunt's passing will bring about the same type of media attention, if not more considering the merger.

Uatu
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
If I hear "Tedy Bruschi" one more time I'm going to ralph.

Brock
10-31-2005, 09:21 AM

One thing's for sure: Nobody will give a rat's ass when Al Davis finally shits his pants for the last time.

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Nobody knew Wellington Mara before today.Are you kidding me? You may not have a sense of pro football history, but that doesn't mean that everyone is as uninformed. Mara was known as being a genuinely nice guy and played a key role in the equal distribution of television revenue, IIRC. If for no other reason, Chiefs fans should be happy about that.

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
If I hear "Tedy Bruschi" one more time I'm going to ralph.
That I can agree with.

Bob Dole
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Wellington Mara.

vailpass
10-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Wellington Mara.
The guy was owner of a pro football team for parts of 9 DECADES. He got the team, with his older brother, when he was 14 years old.
Wellington Mara.
Even though he could have become richer than Midas by approving a TV revenue deal that mirrored MLB. INstead, he stood up and said "we need to do what's best for the league and from there the revenue sharing concept that has made the NFL the juggernaut that it is was born.
Wellington Mara.
He could have been George Steinbrenner and ruined football but he sacrificed for the greater good so we now have aleague where every team has a chance unlike baseball where 90% of the teams are out of it on opening day .
Wellington Mara.