PDA

View Full Version : Everyone CALM THE F*CK DOWN

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Do you know how hard it is to win back to back road games in the NFL?

Do you realize we played without Surtain for 3 quarters and without Priest for 2?

Do you realize after we beat the f*ck out of Oakland next week we'll be a game out of first place in the AFC WEST?

We lost this game because we pissed away two redzone opportunities. OMG WE SUCK!!! :rolleyes:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6236/chickenkc2ir.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
**** off dick ...

our team loses, we get upset

go **** a goat, dumbass

JBucc
What makes you think we'll win next week? They're playing well right now and Al will just piss that one away too.

Rausch
Do you know how hard it is to win back to back road games in the NFL?

Do you realize we played without Surtain for 3 quarters and without Priest for 2?

Do you realize after we beat the f*ck out of Oakland next week we'll be a game out of first place in the AFC WEST?

We lost this game because we pissed away two redzone opportunities. OMG WE SUCK!!! :rolleyes:

This team has been circling the super bowl block for 3 years without ever having the smarts to park the car and go for it...

KChiefsQT
STFU & STFD Quit making bullshit excuses. WE SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME. WE ARE BETTER THAN WHAT WE PLAYED TODAY. WE CAN'T BLAME INJURIES AT THIS POINT.

4th and Long
10-30-2005, 06:41 PM
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/3904/meltdown3vd.gif

Dunit35
10-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes, we should have won that game, true championship caliber teams, win games like that. We are 4-3 and still fine. But we so should have one that game.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Honestly...quit overreacting. I expected us to lose this game.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 06:43 PM
who cares what you expected

go jump in front of a moving semi

Pants
I'm just going to blame Sammy Knight for this one. We should have f*cking had this game. Oh, well. We lose, the rest of AFCW wins, GREAT!

Red Dawg
We lost because the o-line has gone down hill. Roaf and company no longer block like have in the past. Age or just playing competiton does not matter. Defensive lines have beat their asses and that's why our ground game is not looking good.

VonneMarie
I honestly don't see us beating Oakland at this point. :(

XXXshogunXXX
10-30-2005, 06:44 PM
yo thats true...you guys are still in it..maybe to win it... and someone tell priest to turn the lights back on! -56

Uatu
I didn't expect us to win this game, but we didn't look good at all.

Hammock Parties
I honestly don't see us beating Oakland at this point. :(

Are you kidding? They still don't have a pass rush, and they've lost half their secondary.

We're going to kill them next week.

Redcoats58
10-30-2005, 06:46 PM
I don't see people overreacting, I see people not happy about a loss. That is why losing sucks. You take losing the way you want and we'll take losing the way we want, and if you don't like it get back in your box gimp!

VonneMarie
10-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Are you kidding? They still don't have a pass rush, and they've lost half their secondary.

We're going to kill them next week.
You have seen our shitty playcalling the last few weeks, right?

milkman
10-30-2005, 06:47 PM

Yes.

Many did.

But the fact remains that this team, specifically the coaches pissed away opportunities to win this game.

We're pissed because we could have, and should have won this game if Al would have pulled his head out of his ass long enough to see what wasn't working.

Pants
10-30-2005, 06:48 PM
I didn't expect us to win this game, but we didn't look good at all.

We looked pretty good in the 2nd half, both D (except Sammy ****ing up on the TD play) and O.

Why didn't T-Rich run out of bounds on the last play? We could have had one last Hail Mary. :cuss:

milkman
10-30-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't see people overreacting, I see people not happy about a loss. That is why losing sucks. You take losing the way you want and we'll take losing the way we want, and if you don't like it get back in your box gimp!

GoChiefs hasn't been in a box since a box pushed him out.

tk13
10-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Oakland is playing better. I don't think it's a gimme at all, at least not until we learn to freaking stop somebody in the passing game. Porter finally woke up today, if we let him and Moss run wild through the secondary it's gonna make things difficult.

Rausch
10-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Don't insult me by expecting me to accept your low expectations for.....well, everything.

robags0817
10-30-2005, 06:51 PM
will someone please tell me why for one we kicked the field goal in the fourth quarter. there was an aopportunity for a first down as well as a field goal. I understand that made it a one possession game. But I knew as well as I'm sure you guys knew we needed to go for the TD and get all the momentum there. And if we fall short we might get the first down.

Eleazar
10-30-2005, 06:51 PM
You can't mark a division opponent on the road down as a win, ever, but the aggrivating part is that we could have won this game, buried San Diego, and put us in a good position to possibly beat Denver at Arrowhead and take the division.

Right now we look like the 3rd best team in the west - and hell, the Raiders have won 3 out of 4.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Don't insult me by expecting me to accept your low expectations for.....well, everything.

Who's got low expectations? I have high expectations for the rest of the season, starting next week.

And I didn't really have a problem with the coaching staff. The offensive line's piss poor pass protection did us in for the most part.

ROYC75
10-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh, we will win next week, but right now we are not a very good team. The OL is aged, aged to the point we don't protect well at all. The D shows some signs of coming around, but give up way to muck passing yards.

A 10 - 6 team is Max ....... that's it,most likely a 1 and done in the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 06:53 PM
You can't mark a division opponent on the road down as a win, ever, but the aggrivating part is that we could have won this game, buried San Diego, and put us in a good position to possibly beat Denver at Arrowhead and take the division.

Right now we look like the 3rd best team in the west - and hell, the Raiders have won 3 out of 4.

Give me a break. We're going to OWN the Raiders.

I'll stake my sig on it.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 06:55 PM
exactly...

we lose, i'm ticked

what goatcheese expects doesn't change jack.

on a side note, what 4th and long finds amusing doesn't help either.

Eleazar
will someone please tell me why for one we kicked the field goal in the fourth quarter. there was an aopportunity for a first down as well as a field goal. I understand that made it a one possession game. But I knew as well as I'm sure you guys knew we needed to go for the TD and get all the momentum there. And if we fall short we might get the first down.

I disagree, we needed a field goal and a TD, if you don't get the TD on the first drive, that's fine. But going for it and not making it ends the game right there.

Redcoats58
GoChiefs hasn't been in a box since a box pushed him out.
nice lol

Mecca
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
It's awesome how we spent 100 million dollars on players in the offseason to go 8-8.

Redcoats58
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM

I'll stake my sig on it.
Way to put it all on the line.

Eleazar
10-30-2005, 06:58 PM

I'll stake my sig on it.

I expect to beat the Raiders at home.

But, they've won 3 out of 4. They've beaten in that span Dallas and Buffalo, two teams that I doubt we would beat right now. They are not playing as poorly as they were earlier in the year - when they almost beat us anyway.

I expect to win, but I'm not going to try to pay my mortgage with it. The way we looked today the Raiders would have beaten us.

Bootlegged
10-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Whee're goin 2 the Souper Boul.

Rausch
10-30-2005, 06:59 PM
It's awesome how we spent 100 million dollars on players in the offseason to go 8-8.

It's like giving a super computer to a bare assed ape...

Eleazar
10-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Whee're goin 2 the Souper Boul.

"Chiefs John, welcome to the neighborhood."

Otter
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
You need to do some research on the competition GoChiefs.

If the Chiefs make it into the playoffs this year I'll poke a goat on the 50 yard line of the super bowl.

Get used to it if your gonna stick around kid.

tk13
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
That's usually how it works...

Mecca
10-30-2005, 07:01 PM
If Surtain's injury prevents him from playing next week. We're gonna have some serious issues against the Raiders.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Way to put it all on the line.

I'm serious. I'd wager some cash, too.

Eleazar
10-30-2005, 07:02 PM
If Surtain's injury prevents him from playing next week. We're gonna have some serious issues against the Raiders.

I don't think Surtain has helped us that much.

He's probably avoided by opposing offenses but I haven't seen him making a huge number of plays.

And having a cover corner as good as him while still playing 10 yards off the wideouts is like sending a bulldozer to deliver a pizza. I'm talking to you, Gunther.

burt
10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
God, I LOVE THIS BOARD...Chiefs look like shit, lose a game we shoulda won, everyone get pissed, turns on each other...and no one cares!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT BOARD!!!! How many years and still counting, Mr. Global49ers????? Sometimes it's hard to be a Cubs....oooops Chiefs fan.....

Mecca
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
I don't think Surtain has helped us that much.

He's probably avoided by opposing offenses but I haven't seen him making a huge number of plays.

And having a cover corner as good as him while still playing 10 yards off the wideouts is like sending a bulldozer to deliver a pizza. I'm talking to you, Gunther.

Well that's true but it's better that they only throw at 1 side of the field than both.........Did you see Jerry Porter today?

luv
God, I LOVE THIS BOARD...Chiefs look like shit, lose a game we shoulda won, everyone get pissed, turns on each other...and no one cares!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT BOARD!!!! How many years and still counting, Mr. Global49ers????? Sometimes it's hard to be a Cubs....oooops Chiefs fan.....
Wow. Well...

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Sig Kauffman
GoChiefs needs a serious reality check. The Chiefs haven't won the Super Bowl since Richard Nixon was President, were absolutely horrible throughout the 1970s and 80s...then this clown comes in and promises the fans a Super Bowl in five years. IT'S 17 YEARS LATER AND THERE'S STILL NO LOMBARDI!!! AND IT LOOKS AS THOUGH THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE ONE FOR A WHILE!

If you aren't pissed, then something is very wrong with you.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
The people that need a reality check are those freaking out over one game.

If we lose to the Raiders, I will freak out with the rest of you. Two games is so much more meaningful than one! :D

HC_Chief
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
2005 Chiefs = Mediocre team.

It's that simple.
They don't "suck"; they aren't "great". They are capable of being "good", but they typically coach themselves out of those situations. They can beat the bad/mediocre teams, but lose to good teams. They lack the physicality and drive that would make them better... and blame for that goes right to the coaching staff.

The Vermeil era was officially a bust.
Accept it, move on. :D

tk13
10-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Well now, that said, I'm not particularly pleased but I wouldn't suddenly throw 30 years of failure on the head of one loss on the road to what may be one of the best teams in the league.

I don't know why we never play well there. When's the last time we played well in SD? Had that awful Warren Moon game, the complete destruction last year... even in 2003 when we were good and they had the worst record in football we only beat them by like 4 points.

Otter
10-30-2005, 07:14 PM

And you are?

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't know why we never play well there. When's the last time we played well in SD? Had that awful Warren Moon game, the complete destruction last year... even in 2003 when we were good and they had the worst record in football we only beat them by like 4 points.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Rausch
10-30-2005, 07:16 PM
And you are?

The guy in the gay bar that just called the bartender a faggot for giving him a weak drink....

burt
10-30-2005, 07:17 PM
And you are?

I am Pissed like everyone else, but still damn good looking.

burt
10-30-2005, 07:18 PM
The guy in the gay bar that just called the bartender a pillowbiter for giving him a weak drink....

Okay, I change my answer to this...

Sig Kauffman
10-30-2005, 07:20 PM

I understand San Diego isn't the easiest place to play. But if you want that Lombardi trophy at the end of the season, you have to get out of the Mile Highs and Qualcomms with a win. So far, this team hasn't shown me they can hang with the big boys.

burt
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I understand San Diego isn't the easiest place to play. But if you want that Lombardi trophy at the end of the season, you have to get out of the Mile Highs and Qualcomms with a win. So far, this team hasn't shown me they can hang with the big boys.

Exactaly, and you have the most frightening avatar....

Otter
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Well now, that said, I'm not particularly pleased but I wouldn't suddenly throw 30 years of failure on the head of one loss on the road to what may be one of the best teams in the league.

It grows thin. I'm not switching teams but getting kicked in the nuts gets old.I know I'm speaking out of frustration but that was an important game.

Do the leg work for yourself, that could have been the season today.

That sucked and I'm frustrated.

Sig Kauffman
10-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Exactaly, and you have the most frightening avatar....

hey, BK and the Diet Pepsi machine could outplay some of these guys on our team.

Rain Man
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM

But...it is the easiest place to play. No one there knows anything about football, and they don't have a strong fan base. San Diego is far from the toughest venue in the league.

burt
10-30-2005, 07:25 PM
It grows thin. I'm not switching teams but getting kicked in the nuts gets old.I know I'm speaking out of frustration but that was an important game.

Do the leg work for yourself, that could have been the season today.

That sucked and I'm frustrated.

Sometimes it's hard to be a Cubs....oooops Chiefs fan.....

JBucc
10-30-2005, 07:25 PM
hey, BK and the Diet Pepsi machine could outplay some of these guys on our team.You can't trust he guy one day he's playing for the Chiefs, the next he's on the Ravens D. No loyalty whatsoever

burt
10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
You can't trust he guy one day he's playing for the Chiefs, the next he's on the Ravens D. No loyalty whatsoever

Bimbo....I mean bingo....

ExtremeChief
10-30-2005, 07:29 PM
I fully expected a loss today. That doesn't help the stinging feeling after this loss a bit. KC had multiple chances, and blew every one of them. Good teams make the most of the opportunities given to them. The Chiefs didn't, and therefore, aren't a good team. You can't lose a game at home when you are up by 18 and you absolutely have to score touchdowns off of turnovers.

I really thought after the defensive additions, this team had a chance to do something special. But even if they get into the playoffs, I don't see them going very far.

Is it coaching??? Lack of a superstar on defense??? An aging offense??? I don't know. I will continue to watch and root my ass off for the team I love, but my expectations have been lowered dramatically for post season success for KC than they were at the beginning of the year.

They will beat Oakland next week at home. They may very well get victories at Buffalo and Houston. But in my opinion, it won't make much difference until these guys start playing like a team, and the coaches learn how to make the most of the players they are given.

I'll be in front of the tube next week, just like every week, wearing my Chiefs jersey, pulling for a victory. But in the back of my mind I will think it's all for naught, because they aren't enough of a TEAM to go the distance.

Otter
10-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Sometimes it's hard to be a Cubs....oooops Chiefs fan.....

Hehe, wish I had a valid argument there.

Is it tough to be an asshat? I try to avoid it as much as possible myself.

burt
10-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Hehe, wish I had a valid argument there.

Is it tough to be an asshat? I try to avoid it as much as possible myself.

No, I am an Automobile Sales Manager....that makes me a professional asshat....don't try this at home....

but thanks for asking

burt
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Is it coaching??? YES Lack of a superstar on defense??? An aging offense??? YES

"I don't know. I will continue to watch and root my ass off for the team I love, but my expectations have been lowered dramatically for post season success for KC than they were at the beginning of the year."

me too......that will make us assless rooters.

Otter
10-30-2005, 07:39 PM
No, I am an Automobile Sales Manager....that makes me a professional asshat....don't try this at home....

but thanks for asking

That must be fantastic. I like the way you capitalized the position without a noun preceding the title.

How much is a Hugo going for these days?

burt
10-30-2005, 07:51 PM
That must be fantastic. I like the way you capitalized the position without a noun preceding the title.

How much is a Hugo going for these days?

I don't know, Professor Grammer, but I'd like to buy a vowel....an A....

Are you trying to be an sshole???

Otter
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I don't know, Professor Grammer, but I'd like to buy a vowel....an A....

Are you trying to be an sshole???

I'm a Used Guard Rail Salesman. Maybe we can exchange business cards someday.

And yes, by all means, I'm being an asshole.

ChiefFripp
10-30-2005, 08:13 PM
I haven't really expected The Chiefs to do crap this season anyways, they are simply are too old. 2004 was thelast shot for The Trent/Priest/Gonzo/O-line offensein my opinion. Now we get to look forward to a few 'rebuilding' years.
Chiefs fans are in for a long wait for their team to be contenders again.

burt
10-30-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm a Used Guard Rail Salesman. Maybe we can exchange business cards someday.

And yes, by all means, I'm being an asshole.

Now I am confused....first, I thought you were Professor Grammar....now it appears that you're Captain Obvious...

burt
10-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I haven't really expected The Chiefs to do crap this season anyways, they are simply are too old. 2004 was thelast shot for The Trent/Priest/Gonzo/O-line offensein my opinion. Now we get to look forward to a few 'rebuilding' years.

haven't we been rebuilding for nearly 40 years now???? I just can't seem to look forward to much more "rebuilding"

suds79
10-30-2005, 08:31 PM

Yup.

Todays loss didn't really bother me as much as say the Philly & Denver game. At the time, I had hopes that this still could be the big year for the Chiefs. But now I see the Chiefs as an either 9-7 or 8-8 team that'll just miss the payoffs and I've come to accept that.

I looking forward to a coaching change in the off-season as I'll call the DV era a dissaointment. Not a failure but a dissaointment. Our best chance to win it was in DV's 3rd year, and we had a legitimate, shot and it but it just didn't happen.