PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Positives!

Logical
10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
First this was an expected loss, so it is not heartbreaking.

2nd the team showed a lot of heart.

3rd the offense did get better in the 2nd half

4th at times our defense stepped up, but still need to improve but appear to have the potential to do so.

5th Trent Green sucked it up and Dante Hall showed why he is still one of our greatest threats.

Time to move on and hope the offense can find the old consistency of past seasons and the defense continues to improve and also find more consistency.

What do you think?

|Zach|
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
The defense put us in a position to win this game...the offense well....

Didn't

KCChiefsMan
10-30-2005, 06:41 PM
we didn't start passing until Priest went down..........

either 3 things:

1) Al Saunders finally got his head out of his butt
2) The coaches aren't confident in LJ
3) The defenses are more scared of LJ than Priest and that opened the passing game more.....

hmmmm, probably #1

ROYC75
10-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Honestly Jim, I saw nothing. Really. What we did the 2nd half is what were are suppose to be doing all the time, but only better. The Pass protection sucked..... BIG TIME.

The pass D is still are weak link.

Coaching still is a problem..........

Other than that, we are 4-3 and probally looking at a 10-6 season, possibly another 1 and done playoff appearance.

siberian khatru
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
We own the tiebreaker on the Dolphins.

Eleazar
10-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Tony G got more involved in the offense... Green had a decent effort in the second half when we started throwing.

That's about all I can think of.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2005, 07:04 PM

4th at times our defense stepped up, but still need to improve but appear to have the potential to do so.

5th Trent Green sucked it up and Dante Hall showed why he is still one of our greatest threats.

Time to move on and hope the offense can find the old consistency of past seasons and the defense continues to improve and also find more consistency.

What do you think?

I have to say that the offense has been a major concern for me all year long. If the 2nd half of todays game is any indication of how that unit will play together for the rest of the year, then I think we are in just fine shape. 1-2 to start division play isn't great.......until you consider we opened with all 3 games on the road. We are now 4-3, could be 6-1, or bounces the other way could be 2-5 so all things considered, we are in good shape. The defense is playing as well as I expected, now the offense needs to do its part. I'm not ready to concede that we're not a superbowl team yet, but we're gonna have to put all together yesterday in order to make it a reality. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

On a side note, I called out sick today from work on a MANDATORY day, so hopefully I won't lose my job over this loss..................Oh well, you have to have priorities and mine are the Chiefs. I can always get a new job, but I can't watch the game later right?

Rausch
10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
My blood pressure is through the roof and I'll likely die before another playoff choke...

tommykat
10-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I blame this on the coaching staff!!

|Zach|
10-30-2005, 07:06 PM
My blood pressure is through the roof and I'll likely die before another playoff choke...heh

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Just watch...this team is about to open up a can of whoopass on the league. Our playoff run starts next Sunday.

Our schedule gets much easier while SD and Denver's schedules get MUCH harder.

Rain Man
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
On a side note, I called out sick today from work on a MANDATORY day, so hopefully I won't lose my job over this loss..................Oh well, you have to have priorities and mine are the Chiefs. I can always get a new job, but I can't watch the game later right?

Well, not unless you shell out fifty bucks for a VCR.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Trent...31/43...347-yrds...2-tds...0-int

Brees...25/43...324-yrds...3-tds...1-int

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, not unless you shell out fifty bucks for a VCR.

I live in Seattle without the modern wonder of DirecTV. Otherwise that would've been the viable option. Luckily I work in a market where the jobs are a dime a dozen. Not many people out there want to be a bill collector.

Nelson Muntz
10-30-2005, 07:12 PM
I blame this on the coaching staff!!

For the most part I agree with you. Why does this offense insist on running the same plays all game long when they're obviously not working. The no huddle offense works well with this team with so many weapons. So if it works, RUN THE GOD DAMNED THING. Not all the time, but still mix it in a little earlier than the end of the 3rd quarter. The coaches had nothing to do with all the dropped balls today though.

donkhater
10-30-2005, 07:12 PM
This went like expected I think. KC kept LT in check pretty well and Jared Allen had a whale of a game again. When you sell out to play the run (Warfiled AND Knight biting on the LT sweep when he passed for a TD), blitz as much as you do, you will get burned in the passing game.

To play the type of game Gun wants to you must tackle well and rush the passer. Our safeties are hard hitters but poor tacklers, and outside of Allen (who is just a slightly above average pass rusher) no one on this defense will scare a O-Lineman.

The game breaker was Trent's fumble in the red zone after Wesley's INT. They get points on the board there and KC has momentum, only 8 points down and plenty of time left. I thought the playcalling in the red zone was OK, but the execution sucked. LOVED the boot leg by Trent, but did he have anyone to throw to? He is never going to run it in.

All in all, KC is 4-3 with losses at SD, at Den, and Phi. I expect this team to win their next three games which could put them into a tie for first with Denver with good games vs NE and Den coming up. Split at least those two, and KC is 8-4 with 4 to play. Lose any of the next 3 and I really don't think they can get into the playoffs with the strength of the AFC.

Logical
10-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Honestly Jim, ...
The pass D is still are weak link.

Coaching still is a problem..........

Other than that, we are 4-3 and probally looking at a 10-6 season, possibly another 1 and done playoff appearance.I have been resigned to that since I sat through the Redskins game. Already wondering about who we will replace DV with and how they will reconstruct the team. I am now very doubtful that it will be Saunders and think that is probably for the better.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Just watch...this team is about to open up a can of whoopass on the league. Our playoff run starts next Sunday.

I really feel like this is more than the homer banter one might expect from a member of this board. Our schedule is getting easier, we are coming together on offense as the 2nd half showed, we aren't done yet. Our fate is not sealed. Let's see what happens next week and following before we pass judgment. I was looking at our schedule last night and thought to myself, we will probably lose in San Diego tommorrow (although we should've won) and then go to 7-3 from there. It's a long season folks, we have just begun.

donkhater
10-30-2005, 07:15 PM

I don't think SD's does, but I think Denver's sure does.

Nelson Muntz

How did Trent suck it up? He played pretty well in my opinion. I don't remember any near intercepted balls either. He fumbled once but I blame the offensive line for that. Our offensive line is very offensive. I think Trent did very well for how much pressure he had to put up with.

tommykat
For the most part I agree with you. Why does this offense insist on running the same plays all game long when they're obviously not working. The no huddle offense works well with this team with so many weapons. So if it works, RUN THE GOD DAMNED THING. Not all the time, but still mix it in a little earlier than the end of the 3rd quarter. The coaches had nothing to do with all the dropped balls today though.

Guess I should have finished my thoughts, however you just did. I agree with you.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2005, 07:16 PM
This went like expected I think. KC kept LT in check pretty well and Jared Allen had a whale of a game again. When you sell out to play the run (Warfiled AND Knight biting on the LT sweep when he passed for a TD), blitz as much as you do, you will get burned in the passing game.

To play the type of game Gun wants to you must tackle well and rush the passer. Our safeties are hard hitters but poor tacklers, and outside of Allen (who is just a slightly above average pass rusher) no one on this defense will scare a O-Lineman.

The game breaker was Trent's fumble in the red zone after Wesley's INT. They get points on the board there and KC has momentum, only 8 points down and plenty of time left. I thought the playcalling in the red zone was OK, but the execution sucked. LOVED the boot leg by Trent, but did he have anyone to throw to? He is never going to run it in.

All in all, KC is 4-3 with losses at SD, at Den, and Phi. I expect this team to win their next three games which could put them into a tie for first with Denver with good games vs NE and Den coming up. Split at least those two, and KC is 8-4 with 4 to play. Lose any of the next 3 and I really don't think they can get into the playoffs with the strength of the AFC.

This is true. I'm not sure 11-5 is a lock in the AFC this year for the playoffs. We NEED to win the next 3.

PunkinDrublic
I thought Warfield played a great game. I'm glad he sucked it up after getting hurt. I really think the defense is making progress. I can't believe it but I actually heard Junior Siavii's name called. Our defense batted down a lot of passes. That's a big sign that the D-line is getting better.

Dunit35
How did Trent suck it up? He played pretty well in my opinion. I don't remember any near intercepted balls either. He fumbled once but I blame the offensive line for that. Our offensive line is very offensive. I think Trent did very well for how much pressure he had to put up with.

I thought Trent did a good job for him probably wondering each time he dropped back if he was gonna get smoked.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:17 PM
This is true. I'm not sure 11-5 is a lock in the AFC this year for the playoffs. We NEED to win the next 3.

11-5 will win the AFC West.

ChiTown
10-30-2005, 07:17 PM

ROFL

"sucked it up", or in other words, stayed tough and played well through the offensive adversity.

donkhater
10-30-2005, 07:22 PM
If this team gets to 11-5 they will be a force in the playoffs. After their next 3 games (which they need to and should win if they want to be considered a good team) they play NE, Den, At NYG and at Dallas before finishing up with SD and Cin at home.

That's SIX winning teams (4 division leaders) in the final 6 games.

OUCH. Like I said, if KC goes 11-5 they will have earned it and will be a force. I'll believe it when I see it.

|Zach|
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
If this team gets to 11-5 they will be a force in the playoffs. I just...have no idea what could make someone think this team will be a force in the playoffs.

tk13
10-30-2005, 07:28 PM
I agree with gochiefs that I think the playoff records in the AFC are gonna be a little lower than in the past couple years because we're all beating the crap out of each other and there's no dominant team like New England, but we'll see.

I don't think we're done by any stretch. There was a point in 2002 where Oakland was 4-4 and everybody thought they were "old" and over the hill and finished, and they went on to the Super Bowl. A lot can change as the season progesses, and I'd rather be playing our best ball in the 2nd half of the season anyway, at least we still have a winning record and are in the hunt. Doesn't mean we're even going to make the playoffs, we're still right in the hunt. This team has still has yet to find itself and I still really have no idea what to expect.

PunkinDrublic
10-30-2005, 07:29 PM
11-5 will win the AFC West.

Have you seen the way Denver is playing? I hate to say it but they are likely to win the division.

CanadaKC
10-30-2005, 07:34 PM
For me...the positives were D. Johnson on those two plays in a row to stop a Charger drive...and Jarod Allen tipping passes again.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Have you seen the way Denver is playing? I hate to say it but they are likely to win the division.

After we kick the crap out of the Raiders next week, we'll be out of first place by ONE GAME. ONE.

Denver's second half schedule is brutal.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't think we're done by any stretch. There was a point in 2002 where Oakland was 4-4 and everybody thought they were "old" and over the hill and finished, and they went on to the Super Bowl.

BINGO!

Dick Vermeil teams usually finish strong. That was even true in 2001, the year of "TrINT."

donkhater
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
I just...have no idea what could make someone think this team will be a force in the playoffs.
I just meant that looking at the remainder of their schedule, if this team somehow ends up 11-5 they will have earned it and will be a force in the playoffs.

I didn't say that I thought they would. I think 11-5 or even 10-6 would be quite a struggle with how this team is playing.

I think they are good enough to win at Buffalo and at Houston. I would like to think they would win their 3 home division games, but that certainly is no gimme. That would give them 9 wins. They'd have to find a way to beat NE or Cincy at home or NYG or Dallas on the road to get 10 wins.

That's the way I'm looking at it. I don't know why everyone is in an uproar. So far the schedule has played out with very little surprises. If they hold court at home, they are in good shape IMO with the winnable road games at Buffalo and Houston.

I highly doubt Indy will go undeafeated. I don't know why everyone thinks KC should.

Mecca
10-30-2005, 07:43 PM
The Chiefs have to win the division to make the playoffs this year. Go look at the schedules of Indy,Jacksonville,Cincy,Pitt. After you do that, tell me how those 4 teams aren't the 2 division winners and wildcards.

If you're confident the Chiefs can win the division that's fine. I'm not even confident which Chiefs team is going to show up from week to week at this point.

milkman
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I just...have no idea what could make someone think this team will be a force in the playoffs.

Homerish insanity? :)

Sig Kauffman
10-30-2005, 07:51 PM
The Chiefs have to win the division to make the playoffs this year.

And to win the division, you have to win division games. Chiefs 1-2 in that category right now.

ChiTown
10-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Another positive:

This OL WILL get better. They haven't played a solid 4 qtrs of football all season. When the line gets it turned around, our Offense will start to click. Be patient, it's a long season, and we've just concluded a brutal stretch and we're still 4-3.

Logical
10-30-2005, 07:52 PM
After we kick the crap out of the Raiders next week, we'll be out of first place by ONE GAME. ONE.

Denver's second half schedule is brutal.Why do you feel their schedule is so brutal relative to ours? I believe other than 1 opponent this season, maybe 2 we have identical opposition.

kcxiv
10-30-2005, 07:55 PM
And to win the division, you have to win division games. Chiefs 1-2 in that category right now.
And no more away division games. :) We win all 3 division home games and we are right back in it. chiefs are not a top 3 team i the nfl, but i do beleive if they can play somewhat consistant they can be a good team and make the play offs, and well anything can happen when you make it there.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Why do you feel their schedule is so brutal relative to ours? I believe other than 1 opponent this season, maybe 2 we have identical opposition.

I'm talking about the remaining schedule. Look at the road games vs the home games. We are done playing division road games for the year, that is HUGE.

Denver still has to visit SD, OAK and KC.

SD has to visit us and they have several other tough road games.

Logical
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm talking about the remaining schedule. Look at the road games vs the home games. We are done playing division road games for the year, that is HUGE.

Denver still has to visit SD, OAK and KC.

SD has to visit us and they have several other tough road games.Ok that makes more sense to me.

HemiEd
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM

and how many of those were home games?

zero.

B_Ambuehl
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Positives:

- Chris Horn looks like he could be a viable #2 possession receiver. He caught some passes and took some hits today that probably would've caused multiple drops by Parker and he can run the quick routes and get open something that Boerigter sometimes lacks the quickness to do. I can't remember him dropping a pass anytime this year, preseason, or last year unless you wanna call that one today where he came in sliding on his knees a drop.

- Our rush offense averaged 4.5 yds per carry when the most SD had given up in any prior game was 3.8.

- We were over 400 yards for the second straight game.

- our return teams did a get job.

Other then that I can't think of much.

Rausch
10-30-2005, 08:09 PM
I have been resigned to that since I sat through the Redskins game. Already wondering about who we will replace DV with and how they will reconstruct the team. I am now very doubtful that it will be Saunders and think that is probably for the better.

Couldn't agree more...

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok that makes more sense to me.

Yep. Hand over your MBA.

Eleazar
10-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Was Boerigter even active today? What happened to him?

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Was Boerigter even active today? What happened to him?

He had one catch for 9 yards. Then the Chiefs didn't even throw him a ball the rest of the day. Maybe he got hurt, I don't know.

I'm just pissed we throw the ball to Horn all day. The guy has average speed at best. Boerigter's much faster.

Chiefnj
10-30-2005, 08:22 PM
You want a positive? The Chiefs are still better than the Raiders and are the third best team in the AFC West. Makes you giddy all over don't it?

Coogs
10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
This team has still has yet to find itself and I still really have no idea what to expect.

If this was a young team, I would tend to agree with this. Granted, we have taken care of business during road games at Oakland and Miami. But the two road losses against quality opponents in SD and Den, we never really showed up. And in the only home game where you could call the opponent (at the time anyway in Philly) a Super Bowl worthy candidate, we choked all over ourselves too. Not a good sign for a veteran team IMO. Now the next 4 or 5 games seem to be very winnable, so the playoffs are still a possibility, but a serious run at making it to Detroit, seems unlikely at this point.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Again, I cite the Raiders of 2002.

RealSNR
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM

Our schedule gets much easier while SD and Denver's schedules get MUCH harder.All that will do is help us get into the postseason.

I want to WIN, damn it! :cuss:

PunkinDrublic
10-30-2005, 08:30 PM
All that will do is help us get into the postseason.

If we were an NFC that would be a real possibility but the AFC is so loaded with good teams we'd be lucky to make the playoffs at this point.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:46 PM

Again, if we are the type of team that can win in the playoffs, we will see it down the stretch.

All I can say is some of you are really over reacting. How would you like to be 3-4 or 3-5 or 3-6? That is what we were last season.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:48 PM
If we were an NFC that would be a real possibility but the AFC is so loaded with good teams we'd be lucky to make the playoffs at this point.

"at this point"

Are you kidding? We're a game out of first place in the AFC West after we thrash Oakland next week. And there's no doubt in my mind we will. We own those bitches and will continue to do so as long as they have Pockmark Norv and Kerry CollINTs.

tk13
10-30-2005, 08:58 PM
If this was a young team, I would tend to agree with this. Granted, we have taken care of business during road games at Oakland and Miami. But the two road losses against quality opponents in SD and Den, we never really showed up. And in the only home game where you could call the opponent (at the time anyway in Philly) a Super Bowl worthy candidate, we choked all over ourselves too. Not a good sign for a veteran team IMO. Now the next 4 or 5 games seem to be very winnable, so the playoffs are still a possibility, but a serious run at making it to Detroit, seems unlikely at this point.
I think it's premature for that. The Patriots were a great veteran team and got annihilated in Pittsburgh last year. So did Philly... and both teams still made it to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying this Chiefs team is going to be great, we might totally flop, but I don't think we really know yet. We have a couple great wins, a couple squeakers, a meltdown, and a couple total flops. We've been all over the board. We could be an old inconsistent team, or we could have a "moment" where it clicks and we ride the wave into the playoffs. Who knows. With all the different new parts we've tried to put together, especially on defense, 7 games really isn't a huge sample size.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 08:59 PM
I agree with that 100%. I don't think we will know what we truly have until after a couple of division games at Arrowhead.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-30-2005, 10:03 PM
hopefully Barber & Sims can make a comeback
NFL Network-the Chiefs are 4.1 under the cap

Nelson Muntz
10-31-2005, 05:18 AM
You want a positive? The Chiefs are still better than the Raiders and are the third best team in the AFC West. Makes you giddy all over don't it?

Second best. SD is still half a game behind us.

the Talking Can
10-31-2005, 05:57 AM
once we finish 8-8 we can draft someone to back up Kris Wilson...

Abba-Dabba
10-31-2005, 06:01 AM
Tony was finally utilized in the passing offense. Kennison came to play. Horn made a few key catches down the stretch. The passing game in the 4th qtr was the best I have seen it all season. No-huddle offense was ran very fluidly. Everyone knew their role in the no huddle.

Warfield played very well today. Looked very confident. Kawika keeps on growing. At times out there he was monster. Good to see Boomer get some playing time and excel. Defense held Tomlinson under 100yds rushing and recieving.

Gaz
10-31-2005, 06:53 AM
• Jared Allen had another good game; he was all over the field.
• Kawika Mitchell looks like the real deal; that hit on Sproles was awesome.
• Dante Hall had a nice return that was not called back by a penalty.
• Eddie Kennison made some very nice catches.
• Chris Horn got some catches.
• Tony Gonzalez finally got a TD.
• Lawrence Tynes is still out of the ditch [and out of Vermeil’s doghouse].
• Dustin Colquitt was worth the pick, and then some.
• Green racked up some nice passing yards.

xoxo~
Gaz
Finding a few nuggets.

Coogs
10-31-2005, 07:05 AM
I think it's premature for that. The Patriots were a great veteran team and got annihilated in Pittsburgh last year. So did Philly... and both teams still made it to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying this Chiefs team is going to be great, we might totally flop, but I don't think we really know yet. We have a couple great wins, a couple squeakers, a meltdown, and a couple total flops. We've been all over the board. We could be an old inconsistent team, or we could have a "moment" where it clicks and we ride the wave into the playoffs. Who knows. With all the different new parts we've tried to put together, especially on defense, 7 games really isn't a huge sample size.

That is one game for both teams. We have had 3 games against playoff caliber teams. Looked pretty bad against all three. In fact, we kind of got outplayed by Washington too, but managed to win the game. At some point we have to step it up in those games.

I stand by my post. Playoffs seem to be a possibility, but Super Bowl Sunday in Detroit seems a long shot.

Straight, No Chaser
10-31-2005, 07:06 AM

Not by me was this an "expected" loss. That's a very lame rationalization.

I thought the offense was finally going to get some momentum after getting personnel back and utterly dominating Miami.

Where was that?

Wade Phillips, the Ex-Bumco HC and D-Coordinator, used the same plan that Denver did on Monday night... and what was Saunders' answer?

I expect the offensive line, RB's, and receievrs to sack-up this week and take it out on the Raiderz. They owe Trent big time.

--->

PastorMikH
10-31-2005, 07:09 AM
I think one positive is our schedule for the next 3 weeks. With Oakland coming to town, then Buffalo and Houston, it is quite possible that in 3 weeks we will be 7-3. The week after is the Pats at home which could go either way. If by then the team isn't clicking, the last month of our schedule really doesn't matter anyway.

Area 51
10-31-2005, 07:28 AM
• Jared Allen had another good game; he was all over the field.
• Kawika Mitchell looks like the real deal; that hit on Sproles was awesome.
• Dante Hall had a nice return that was not called back by a penalty.
• Eddie Kennison made some very nice catches.
• Chris Horn got some catches.
• Tony Gonzalez finally got a TD.
• Lawrence Tynes is still out of the ditch [and out of Vermeil’s doghouse].
• Dustin Colquitt was worth the pick, and then some.
• Green racked up some nice passing yards.

xoxo~
Gaz
Finding a few nuggets.

I agree, why didn't the coaches modify what they were doing in the first half instead of waiting for halftime to discuss the utter failure of the game plan? It seemed to be obvious to a causual observer that the game plan sucked wind.

Slim had it right, they looked impressive with the no-huddle. That might be the ticket to break the back of a defense that is smothering the run. With no huddle they have to goit on the fly and as proved when the Chiefs ran it, the SD D couldn't cover it.

Some new thinking needs to be done in the offside kicks, the attempt the Chiefs made was not the norm, but still needs some work. A successful onside at that point of the game might have been the difference they needed.

What was the compared passer rating for Brees and Green? Anyone have the numbers?

PastorMikH
10-31-2005, 07:35 AM
What was the compared passer rating for Brees and Green? Anyone have the numbers?

Green: 31/43 for 347 yds 2 TD 0 Ints. 111.29 rating

Brees: 25/43 for 324 yards 3 TD 1 Ints 95.49 rating

Gaz
10-31-2005, 08:29 AM
• All the remaining AFC West games are at Arrowhead.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinking positively.

Area 51
10-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Green: 31/43 for 347 yds 2 TD 0 Ints. 111.29 rating

Brees: 25/43 for 324 yards 3 TD 1 Ints 95.49 rating

Thanx

Area 51
• All the remaining AFC West games are at Arrowhead.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinking positively.

that might not hold any water with the naysayers.

wolfpack0735
when we played the deadskins,trent lost his mic to the sidelines and was playing the calls himself in a hurry up type offense. i thought we moved the ball the best when this happened. i had to work and didnt see the game but from what i have heard we played the best sunday using the hurry up,trent calling the plays offense. maybe we should try this type of offense.AS ISNT CALLING A GOOD GAME, maybe we should let trent try.

Gaz
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
that might not hold any water with the naysayers.

I am not going to convert anyone who has already given up on the team.

Cannot be done.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not interested.

Area 51
10-31-2005, 09:06 AM
I am not going to convert anyone who has already given up on the team.

Cannot be done.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not interested.

I think that you are more correct than you have ever been!!

Warrior5
10-31-2005, 09:25 AM
We'll win the next 3 straight, possibly 4.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 09:31 AM

Become a Pats fan. Hope that helps.

Inspector
10-31-2005, 10:27 AM
They had pretty good weather.

That was a nice positive for them.

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah we're 4-3. But there's a good chance we can be 7-3 here soon...

11/06/05 Oakland Raiders 12:00 PM CBS
11/13/05 at Buffalo Bills 12:00 PM CBS
11/20/05 at Houston Texans 7:30 PM ESPN+

Hammock Parties
10-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah we're 4-3. But there's a good chance we can be 7-3 here soon...

11/06/05 Oakland Raiders 12:00 PM CBS
11/13/05 at Buffalo Bills 12:00 PM CBS
11/20/05 at Houston Texans 7:30 PM ESPN+

Even 6-4 would be acceptable. But only if the loss comes at Buffalo. A good team doesn't lose either of the other two games.

philfree
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Here's the positive....We came out and did exactly what we needed to do to start the game. We made them punt on their 1st two possessions and then we convert a huge 3rd down play to the Charger 22 yard line. We are gonna get the early lead on the road. We are right where we want to be until Mr Ed goes to the booth and screws us which for all intensive purposes erased all the good we had done. The bad is that when it happened instead of getting pissed and beating them down we got on our heals and it took till the 2nd half for us to regain our composure. If I was face to face with Hooooockuli today I'd put one up side his head. I hope he dies of AIDS.

PhilFree:arrow:

Nelson Muntz
10-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Here's the positive....We came out and did exactly what we needed to do to start the game. We made them punt on their 1st two possessions and then we convert a huge 3rd down play to the Charger 22 yard line. We are gonna get the early lead on the road. We are right where we want to be until Mr Ed goes to the booth and screws us which for all intensive purposes erased all the good we had done. The bad is that when it happened instead of getting pissed and beating them down we got on our heals and it took till the 2nd half for us to regain our composure. If I was face to face with Hooooockuli today I'd put one up side his head. I hope he dies of AIDS.

I prefer he die of cancer of the asshole. Maybe a giant tumor in the shape of an arrowhead on his forehead would be good too.

Nelson Muntz
10-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Speaking of refs, there are only two refs in the NFL that I absolutely can not stand. Hocculi and Johnny Greer? I think is his name.

greg63
10-31-2005, 11:31 PM

I agree that was a horrid call. But, we got to find away to win on the road in spite of the "Home cookin".

greg63
10-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey Slim, how was the DVD??

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 11:38 PM

What do you think?

1st - i sorta disagree. I thought that after Green's dad passing, he'd play flawless and the team would really rally around to play a great game.

2nd. Agreed
3rd. I sorta agree
4th. Agreed
5th. Agreed.

How about 6th? Join my campaign for David Carr for 2006?

SLAG
10-31-2005, 11:48 PM
1st - i sorta disagree. I thought that after Green's dad passing, he'd play flawless and the team would really rally around to play a great game.

2nd. Agreed
3rd. I sorta agree
4th. Agreed
5th. Agreed.

How about 6th? Join my campaign for David Carr for 2006?

no daivd Carr campain

JohnnyV13
11-01-2005, 01:17 PM
I think people are way too negative.

Its true we don't look like super bowl winners. However, we're not nearly as bad as most people make out.

1) YES, the O line hasn't been dominant like in the past. We also have had far more injury problems than in the past. Maybe age is catching up to them. But, we can still move the ball.

2) This was a MUST game for SD. They were at home. This reminds me of last year when we hung 56 on the Falcons, mostly because we mauled them on the line. The Chargers had similar desperation on Sunday, and that emotion fueled their dominance. Do you really think we could consistently match that performance? The Chargers can't do it either.

3) Instead of wilting, the Chiefs fought back. Despite constant pressure, Trent was gritty, and moved the team. Trent still has it.

4) We made coaching mistakes. AS was DETERMINED to run the ball when it was clear it wasn't working. LT didn't do much better against us. But, instead of slamming into a brick wall, the Chargers opened it up. We didn't follow suit until we were down 21-3.

5) Red zone mistakes: AS kept running in the red zone when it was clear the running game just wasn't working. At one point we used an empty backfield in the red zone against a blitzing team fueled by desperate line play. Phil Simms correctly pointed out the strategic error of not keeping in a back to at least run a check route in that situation.

6) Despite all of this, the game turned on two 4th quarter red zone stands. On the first, Trent fumbled after Wesley's INT. That was a huge momentum shift. Even so, we STILL had a shot at turning it around, but the Chargers stopped us at their 9 on four downs (see AS's red zone mistakes).

7) We played most of the game without our best corner. HELLO, with Dwayne Washington we're going to get lit up.

The D is getting better. Get back Ryan Sims and we have much needed inside pressure. We just need to adjust on O. BUT WE CAN STILL MOVE THE DAMN BALL.

chief99
11-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Samson !

Chiefnj
11-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't think people are negative. The Chiefs aren't that good. Right now, they aren't a playoff caliber team. They can't beat playoff teams. They might be able to string together a couple of wins over the next few weeks against the Texans, Raiders and maybe the Bills if KC has a good day. But, I think dreams of a playoff victory are way too premature until we can beat Denver, San Diego, Dallas or the NYG.

Coogs
11-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think people are negative. The Chiefs aren't that good. Right now, they aren't a playoff caliber team. They can't beat playoff teams. They might be able to string together a couple of wins over the next few weeks against the Texans, Raiders and maybe the Bills if KC has a good day. But, I think dreams of a playoff victory are way too premature until we can beat Denver, San Diego, Dallas or the NYG.

Yep!