PDA

View Full Version : Drunk thoughts on the game

joesomebody
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Well I'm drunk as hell, and almost got in a fight with my Denver loving roomate... (whos at least 3 inches taller than me and has me by around 50 lbs) so I wouldn't put much stock in this post, but it was something I had to do.

Well, I think number one has to be about Trent Green. Yeah the first half sucked, but he put up over 300 yards in the second half. His father died suddenly only 3 days ago, I imagine I couldn't even get out of bed and cook my self dinner just 3 days after a sudden loss of my father, let alone play a game like he did today.

Second is Eddie Kennison... I can count at least 3 excellent catches(and I'm drunk), and overall a very good game for our veteran receiver...

Tony comes next, a shitty season so far for him, but he played extremely well today. I will say though that on our 2nd or third to last drive of the game that Green threw to Tony in the middle of the field, when it appeared to me that Johnson was wide open on the sideline... the sideline is important at this point in the game. All this means to me is that it looked like possibly they were trying to feed the ball to Tony.

Johnson had a good game, our running game was stale overall, but Johnson had that one good run, and a steady onslaught of productive football.

Tynes, well anytime your kicker doesn't miss its a good game.

Dante played very well today, twice he came oh so close to breaking it all the way. Even without the TD's he provided excellent field position on at least two returns, and the effort he showed was incredible.

Our defense, while not perfect by any means played tough and provided two turn overs. We held them on many important drives, and over all I thought played good enough football to win this game.

What lost it? Well we were coming into this game as a sure underdog, a good division rival on the road, second game in a row on the road, and Chargers NEEDED this win, and if they would have lost their season was guranteed to be over. We played damn tough football and never gave up. I think had we not fumbled in the second half in the redzone, we'd have won it... I don't fault Green though, he was giving it his all and our O-Line wasn't playing like the KC O-Line.

I have to give some props to Jarred Allen again, as he appeared to give this game his all and provided some big plays for us.

If we had shown up AT ALL in the first half we'd have a W to be celebrating.

Again, this is just some quick thoughts from a drunk pissed off Chief's fan.

ModSocks
10-30-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah

joesomebody
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
For a game we were supposed to lose, it gave me a lot to cheer for. The O-line is what cost us this game, and I will also fault the play calling in the first half.

papasmurf
10-30-2005, 07:30 PM
For a game we were supposed to lose, it gave me a lot to cheer for. The O-line is what cost us this game, and I will also fault the play calling in the first half.:clap::clap::clap: I agree