PDA

View Full Version : The future

Demonpenz
10-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Looking ahead we are going to have to rebuild the O-line. I think we should give a shot at a QB that deserves a second chance like a harrington. We got Larry Johnson, DJ, and Jarred allen around for awhile. So even if only win 4 games we atleast have some exciting players to watch the next couple years. I was thinking after hearing so many people saying how it's now or never and we are going to suck after these players retire, and I thought to myself. Hell we have sucked with these players. I don't think it will be as bad as people say it's going to get after this year. We will find some stop gap players good enough to get us to 7-9 and elude a great draft pick. 7 wins would still draw me to watch the tube though. This year I am hoping that we can get better and go on some kind of hot streak entering the playoffs. The eagles game was the only one that really sucked. Yeah the chiefs lost today, but the chargers had their backs against the wall. Maybe we can ride some of the playmaking ability's of Derrick Johnson and allen, and the O-line just decides this is their last year we better make it work. If it doesn't we had a guy in trent green that played with some huge balls all the time. The naked boot today trying to lower his shoulders took some balls, never has that guy slid like a pussy or a grbac. The guy will be looked at like a gutsy cult hero like deburg

WestCoastReggie
10-30-2005, 09:35 PM
no harrington no

jspchief
10-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Harrington will be on our roster next year.

WestCoastReggie
10-30-2005, 09:36 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Rausch
10-30-2005, 09:37 PM
...it is murder.

WestCoastReggie
10-30-2005, 09:37 PM
I understand getting a QB, but no Joey

Demonpenz
10-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Just my take. These next seasons are going to be rough. I would just take someone who learns how to throw the ball away and give the ball to Johnson. I don't like drafting a rookie QB and just handing him the reigns. We aren't going to have a high enough draft pick anyway. I would look for a delhome, trent green-like player.

Mecca
10-30-2005, 09:39 PM
When this team goes into rebuilding and that line is very bad again. We better get ready for the return of "Trint".

Rausch
10-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I understand getting a QB, but no Joey

I still think McMahon will be the next Gannon.

Late bloomer who will really help a team out once they decide to stick with him....

Demonpenz
10-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Today I just wish saunders would have shoved his playbook up his ass. I don't care how many people you have to put back there but jesus Trent about got killed. Trent is going to get hurt soon.

Demonpenz
10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
The chiefs have best fans for worst run team.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Harrington will be on our roster next year.

No he won't. Dick will retire before we do any offseason crap, and Al Saunders isn't the next head coach.

I've done a 360 on Harrington after watching him some this year. He has a good arm and is mobile, but he has a ten cent head and his accuracy is just AWFUL.

I think he's beyond saving. I hear they had to dumb the offense in Detroit down for him. The center was making alot of the "check with me" calls at the LOS.

WestCoastReggie
10-30-2005, 09:46 PM
tHAT'S ENBARRASSING.

ChiefFripp
10-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I like The Falcon's second QB Straub, he looks like he should be a starter and he is young.

luv
10-30-2005, 09:48 PM
:thumb:

WestCoastReggie
10-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Its Shaub.

dirk digler
10-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I think it really depends on who they hire as head coach after DV retires after this year. If they hire Cowher or Herm Edwards, which I personally think are the 2 leading candidates, then the rebuilding process will only take 1 year at most.

If they hire a college coach or newbie head coach it will be a while before we are good again.

IF CP is still here you can guarantee that he will hire a veteran head coach because he won't want to wait around to win again.

Hammock Parties
Its Shaub.

He's got my vote.

Simplex3
No he won't. Dick will retire before we do any offseason crap, and Al Saunders isn't the next head coach.

I've done a 360 on Harrington after watching him some this year. He has a good arm and is mobile, but he has a ten cent head and his accuracy is just AWFUL.

I think he's beyond saving. I hear they had to dumb the offense in Detroit down for him. The center was making alot of the "check with me" calls at the LOS.
NOT THAT THIS GUY WILL DO THIS, BUT...

People were saying this exact same thing about Favre and Steve Young.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 09:51 PM

This is a horrible statement. We're much better off than the Vikings, Saints, etc.

Demonpenz
10-30-2005, 09:53 PM
This is a horrible statement. We're much better off than the Vikings, Saints, etc.

It was based on the ratio. We have the largest gap between fans and how the team is run. Chiefs fans are better fans than the vikings and saints.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 09:56 PM
It was based on the ratio. We have the largest gap between fans and how the team is run. Chiefs fans are better fans than the vikings and saints.

OK that makes sense.

eazyb81
10-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I think it really depends on who they hire as head coach after DV retires after this year. If they hire Cowher or Herm Edwards, which I personally think are the 2 leading candidates, then the rebuilding process will only take 1 year at most.

If they hire a college coach or newbie head coach it will be a while before we are good again.

IF CP is still here you can guarantee that he will hire a veteran head coach because he won't want to wait around to win again.

Maybe I missed it, but why the hell would Cowher or Herm Edwards leave their jobs to come here?

Deberg_1990
10-30-2005, 09:58 PM
If they hire Cowher or Herm Edwards, which I personally think are the 2 leading candidates, then the rebuilding process will only take 1 year at most.

Since when is Cowher's job in jeopardy??? Personally, after this year, its time for some fresh blood. Id like to see Vermeil and his whole crew go. Id like to see a bright young Head Coach bring in his own people and just start over. It may take him a year or two to rebuild buyt maybe not?? In todays NFL with free agency and if you draft right, a mediorce team like ours can be turned around in 1 year. Its time for new blood though, 5 years is long enough for DV. If he hasnt done it in 5 years, hes never gonna do it.

Rausch
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Since when is Cowher's job in jeopardy??? Personally, after this year, its time for some fresh blood. Id like to see Vermeil and his whole crew go. Id like to see a bright young Head Coach bring in his own people and just start over. It may take him a year or two to rebuild buyt maybe not?? In todays NFL with free agency and if you draft right, a mediorce team like ours can be turned around in 1 year. Its time for new blood though, 5 years is long enough for DV. If he hasnt done it in 5 years, hes never gonna do it.

I agree its time for new blood.

Who do you recomend?

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe I missed it, but why the hell would Cowher or Herm Edwards leave their jobs to come here?
Cowher? ROFL Dude has the world where he is. WTF would he want with this run down turd?

eazyb81
10-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Cowher? ROFL Dude has the world where he is. WTF would he want with this run down turd?

That's what I was thinking.

milkman
10-30-2005, 10:01 PM

I'm not sure about Cowher, but Herm Edwards will probably leave his job because Bradway will ask him to.

ChiefFripp
10-30-2005, 10:01 PM

Who do you recomend?
Anyone but Mike Martz. Damn that's who they'll get to since he is familiar with our Offense. F#ck, Martz will be our next HC!

Rausch
10-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Anyone but Mike Martz. Damn that's who they'll get to since he is familiar with our Offense. F#ck, Martz will be our next HC!

0 chance of that happening...None.

Demonpenz
10-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Looking at the tape today the I want to believe that the Technique was bad for the O-line, but i think it is because they are older than shit and now they aren't very talented.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2005, 10:07 PM

Who do you recomend?

I honestly dont know? But id look maybe at the Falcons, Panthers, Pittsburgh or Jacksonville Organizations....they all have stout/tough defenses.

cdcox
10-30-2005, 10:09 PM
When this team goes into rebuilding and that line is very bad again. We better get ready for the return of "Trint".

I don't think 3 interceptions in 7 games is any reason to start calling him Trint.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 10:09 PM
the only coach i want to keep is Mike Solari

Deberg_1990
10-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Agreed...hes done a hell of a job.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't think 3 interceptions in 7 games is any reason to start calling him Trint.
i don't think that is what he/she meant

i think he/she meant that Green doesn't react well to pressure and when we have to rebuild our Oline it will result in more pressure.

Mecca
10-30-2005, 10:11 PM

I was referring to after this season.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Green was under pressure all day and didn't get picked.

TrINT is an urban myth perpretrated by Snoop Minnis and Chris Thomas. And a bad knee.

cdcox
10-30-2005, 10:13 PM
i don't think that is what he/she meant

i think he/she meant that Green doesn't react well to pressure and when we have to rebuild our Oline it will result in more pressure.

My humor is too subtle. Let me try again.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Mecca
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jspchief
10-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Green was under pressure all day and didn't get picked.

TrINT is an urban myth perpretrated by Snoop Minnis and Chris Thomas. And a bad knee.Yea, now he just gets sacked and fumbles, or quickly makes a poor throw.

dirk digler
10-30-2005, 10:15 PM

Cowher has been mentioned repeatedly for this job because him and Carl are very close friends as is Herm who will probably will be fired at the end of the year.

I think Herm could possibly be our next head coach but I wouldn't rule out Cowher. He has been with the Steelers forever and really depends on how there season plays out but I doubt he would get fired.

cdcox
10-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Cowher has been mentioned repeatedly for this job because him and Carl are very close friends as is Herm who will probably will be fired at the end of the year.

I think Herm could possibly be our next head coach but I wouldn't rule out Cowher. He has been with the Steelers forever and really depends on how there season plays out but I doubt he would get fired.

I won't follow the team during the Herm Edwards years, God forbid.

I will become a generic fan of football, but I won't take interest in the
Chiefs.

Brock
10-30-2005, 10:19 PM

Why the Hell would Cowher leave Pittsburgh for KC? That makes no sense at all.

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 10:20 PM

He has one of the best young QBs in the league. Willie Parker seems to be one heck of a RB. Heath Miller is the real deal at TE. He always has badass defenders.

No amount of buddy-buddy with CP is going to take him out of there.

milkman
10-30-2005, 10:21 PM
I won't follow the team during the Herm Edwards years, God forbid.

I will become a generic fan of football, but I won't take interest in the
Chiefs.

As much as I dislike the idea of Edwards as coach, I will still be a fan.

Hell, I didn't like it when Marty was hired, and I didn't like when Dick was hired.

Even further back, I didn't like it when Paul Wiggin was hired.

I have never stopped being a fan and following the team.

SBK
10-30-2005, 10:22 PM
I think we should find someone that used to be a coach on the Browns. It seems to have worked out well for the Patriots and the Hawkeyes.

(too bad the Browns can't keep the good ones around)

Also, the Browns have the worst team/best fans catagory hands down. Their fan base is ginormous. The Browns backers is the largest fan club in the world. (my bro in law fills me in on this crap)

dirk digler
10-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Why the Hell would Cowher leave Pittsburgh for KC? That makes no sense at all.

Don't know other than that what has been speculated in the past. Him and CP are very close so you never know plus he has coached the Steelers for 14 yrs which is a long time to coach an NFL team.

I think Herm would be the leading candidate if he is fired at the end of this season.

As I said before if CP is still here he will definitely hire a veteran coach.

milkman
10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
I think Herm would be the leading candidate if he is fired at the end of this season.

If Carl hires Hermie Shottenwarder, I'll be asking the same question that nomad asked today.

Why don't we use a shotgun?

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Don't know other than that what has been speculated in the past. Him and CP are very close so you never know plus he has coached the Steelers for 14 yrs which is a long time to coach an NFL team.

herm edwards has never shown much imo

Mr. Laz
10-30-2005, 10:30 PM

i take that back ... saxon and shea can stay too.

James Saxon Running Backs
Terry Shea Quarterbacks
Mike Solari Offensive Line

Deberg_1990
10-30-2005, 10:31 PM

Unfortunately, Carl will still be here. I think the only way he goes is if he steps down on his own, Hunt suddenly passes away or one of the Chiefsplant members takes him out.

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately, Carl will still be here. I think the only way he goes is if he steps down on his own, Hunt suddenly passes away or one of the Chiefsplant members takes him out.
Amen. As long as CP is hiring the coach and drafting the players this team is going nowhere.

dirk digler
10-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Amen. As long as CP is hiring the coach and drafting the players this team is going nowhere.

I agree unless we get a top flight HC who tells CP to shove it.

Simplex3
10-30-2005, 10:41 PM
I agree unless we get a top flight HC who tells CP to shove it.
You're expecting CP to hire someone that would challenge his throne?

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2005, 10:44 PM
I'll throw a new name in the hat of HC canidates Eric Mangini defensive co-ordinator for the Pats. He's done a hell of job with the defense over their, and with the Chiefs possible which to the 3-4 as the base defense. He would be a great prospect for the HC position.

dirk digler
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
You're expecting CP to hire someone that would challenge his throne?

I know I am expecting too much but can't I dream a little?

Another name to throw out would be Brad Childress, the Eagles OC.

Of course we hire Childress we can expect a long recovery.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
This guy sounds intriging to me:

http://www.panthers.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=1129

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2005, 10:54 PM
This guy sounds intriging to me:

http://www.panthers.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=1129

Mike Trgovac could work for me too! :thumb: