PDA

View Full Version : The return of Martyball...

Toad
10-30-2005, 11:52 PM
I heard Phil Simms mention how Marty was coined with "Martyball" in KC when he ran the ball with regularity while headcoach for the Chiefs. He went on to say that now that he has the talent, Marty is no longer regarded as a run the ball first type of coach.

Strange irony that Al Saunders seemingly went Martyball against his old buddy through 2 1/2 quarters today.

Prediction- Whitlock will use some form of the Martyball reference in his article tomorrow.

Taco John
10-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Martyball

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_177582.jpg

Toad
10-31-2005, 12:03 AM
Martyball

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_177582.jpg

Actually, that is remants of Martyball. Marcus Allen had a few TD passes while in Red and Gold.

KCChiefsMan
10-31-2005, 12:43 AM
it seems to work good

Dunit35
10-31-2005, 01:06 AM
I heard Phil Simms mention how Marty was coined with "Martyball" in KC when he ran the ball with regularity while headcoach for the Chiefs. He went on to say that now that he has the talent, Marty is no longer regarded as a run the ball first type of coach.

Strange irony that Al Saunders seemingly went Martyball against his old buddy through 2 1/2 quarters today.

Prediction- Whitlock will use some form of the Martyball reference in his article tomorrow.

I bet Fatlock does too. I knew they were gonna do the HB pass. I knew it, too bad the Chiefs didnt know.

Deberg_1990
10-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Did Simms watch that playoff game against the Jets last January???? Hes an idiot. At some point, Martyball always returns......

Straight, No Chaser
10-31-2005, 07:00 AM

I caught Simms' take as well. I think what he meant is probably true even though he was bumbling through saying it while he was frothing at the mouth over Gates: adapt your scheme(s) to the personnel...

What does that say about 10+ years with Schottenhiemer?

I think, part of it, is until we had Montana and Marcus, we didn't have the talent on offense to do anything significant. Petersen deserves part of the blame.

Marty has a nice, fast, young team with a good QB. Besides the fact their schedule is screwed up, they are a quality football team.

--->

Baby Lee
10-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Marty has a nice, fast, young team with a good QB. Besides the fact their schedule is screwed up, they are a quality football team.
I forget, has Marty had MOOOORRE time, . . . or LEEESSSS time, than crybaby to get his team turned around?

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 08:25 AM
I bet Fatlock does too. I knew they were gonna do the HB pass. I knew it, too bad the Chiefs didnt know.
If you didn't post your knowledge on the board prior to it happening, it can not be accepted.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
I forget, has Marty had MOOOORRE time, . . . or LEEESSSS time, than crybaby to get his team turned around?
MOORRE time. This is crybaby's fifth year to Marty's fourth.

GoTrav
10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Martyball at it's finest when they laid down in donktown.