PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Black

ChiefsFan4Life
10-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Put him at left tackle, put him at right tackle, it DOESN'T matter. The guy flat out sucks. Not only did he look absolutely terrible, sometimes it didn't even look like he was TRYING to block the guy. Just kind of half-assed trying to stand in his way. I'm so pissed off at him right now.

ChiefsFanatic
10-31-2005, 09:39 AM
He is bad. But Shields did not look all that spiffy either.

Seek
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
He is bad. But Shields did not look all that spiffy either.

The whole offensive line looked horrible. Except maybe BW.

Shields and Wiegmann had a horrible time picking up the delayed blitz up the middle.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I'll agree that no one had stellar performances, but Black managed to do so terrible that he even stuck out to me even more. I was confused why we didn't have Welbourne in when Black was continuously getting beat? He's not injured or anything is he?

Gaz
10-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Singling out Black is misguided, IMO.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks there is more than enough blame to spread along the entire OLine.

ChiefsFanatic
10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
I think Roaf played reasonably well. But he is next to Waters. Maybe the fact that Shields is playing next to Black is hurting his performance a little. Maybe there are adjustments he just can't make because of Black's skill level.

royr17
10-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Black fuggin sucks, they need t plug Sampson or Welbourn in at Right Tackle, and draft Marcus McNeill from Auburn this year.

TRR
10-31-2005, 09:59 AM
It's time to put Welbourn back at RT and let him earn his money. Black has been horrible through and through.

royr17
10-31-2005, 10:02 AM
It's time to put Welbourn back at RT and let him earn his money. Black has been horrible through and through.

Agree, 100 %, the only reason Black made it into the league is DV drafted him. We need to kick his ass to the curb like we did to Brett Williams.

Him and Williams both fuggin suck.

BigChiefFan
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Black has been a back-up the entire time in the league. He also was beat out by Sampson early on. I don't know what some of you expect after a few games as a starting RT. He played bad, but the only way he gets better is to continue to get on the field. The confusing part of this, is why the F did we give up a 3rd rounder for Welbourne to ride the pine?

FloridaMan88
10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
I actually miss John Tait

Didn't think that would happen

BigChiefFan
10-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I actually miss John Tait

Didn't think that would happen
I don't miss his price tag. Tait's pay far outweighs his performance.

Phobia
10-31-2005, 10:14 AM
I think Roaf played reasonably well.

Wow. Of all the things I expected to see written about this game, I certainly never anticipated this statement.

Roaf was bullrushed and beaten all day. He was ineffective.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 10:15 AM
I wish we had hung onto Lilja. I have 20/20 hindsight.

Gaz
10-31-2005, 10:16 AM
...Roaf was bullrushed and beaten all day. He was ineffective.

No one on the Chiefs OL played reasonably well by any measure.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure where that came from.

ChiefsFanatic
10-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Wow. Of all the things I expected to see written about this game, I certainly never anticipated this statement.

Roaf was bullrushed and beaten all day. He was ineffective.

OK. maybe it should have read comparably well.

Demonpenz
10-31-2005, 10:23 AM
is it possible to have an off day? I just think that the chargers are that more talented on D. I guess you can hope that the chiefs watch some film get back to the basics. Practice on getting a good base when engaging. Roaf and the rest of the seemed like they were back peddling before contact was made. Get a good base underneth you and hit them first. Roaf and company let the d attack the outside (or inside) shoulder first. You have to be the one to get the first strike to neutralize the rush. I am sure roaf knows 100 times more than I do, so hopefully he plays better.

Seek
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I'll agree that no one had stellar performances, but Black managed to do so terrible that he even stuck out to me even more. I was confused why we didn't have Welbourne in when Black was continuously getting beat? He's not injured or anything is he?

I won't argue that, but I remember seeing one run play to the right that was blown up behind the line of scrimmage, and Black was the only guy actually making a block. Both Shields and Wiegmann got beat and tried blocking their guys in the back, but instead pushed the defender into Lj.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Roaf was bullrushed and beaten all day
man ... i saw Roaf bullrushed back 10 feet right into Trent Green by a guy at least 50lbs smaller than him.

i was pretty shocked :(

jordan black doesn't seem to have the foot speed to play tackle ...

maybe he can move inside to guard next year? :shrug:

wolfpack0735
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM
if samspon is our RT in the future then play him now. he cant do any worse than black and he`ll be getting playing time in.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I honestly think that Shields is done after this year, I think Roaf might come back next year, we could be looking at a brand new right side w/ Welbourne replacing Shields and Sampson at tackle if he can stay healthy