PDA

View Full Version : All you people who've been calling for Saunders to pound the ball more with Priest

B_Ambuehl
10-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I think Al listened to you guys in the first quarter. Happy now?

Phobia
10-31-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm happy. That was horrible.

Demonpenz
10-31-2005, 10:38 AM
can we still just line up without doing some kind of end around fake shit. Even when we did pound the ball there was some misdirection to it. Line up I formation and just play some football. Instead green fakes left then hands the ball off to the right.

BigRock
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
When people get on Saunders, it's because he gets away from the running game after it has clearly been working. I don't think anyone who wanted him to pound the ball was saying "keep on running it, I don't care if it doesn't get us anywhere".

DaFace
10-31-2005, 10:57 AM
When people get on Saunders, it's because he gets away from the running game after it has clearly been working. I don't think anyone who wanted him to pound the ball was saying "keep on running it, I don't care if it doesn't get us anywhere".

Exactly. The problem is not that Sanders never does anything that works. Its that he tends to stick with the plays that aren't working and forget about those that are. These threads are useless because the author has missed the point of the complaints entirely.

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Exactly. The problem is not that Sanders never does anything that works. Its that he tends to stick with the plays that aren't working and forget about those that are. These threads are useless because the author has missed the point of the complaints entirely.

That's precisely it.

All scheme, no adjustments. The fact this offense has no audibles is Exhibit A that Saunders is just like Mike Martz...arrogant.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 11:17 AM
That's precisely it.

All scheme, no adjustments. The fact this offense has no audibles is Exhibit A that Saunders is just like Mike Martz...arrogant.
I find it completely bafling why we don't have audibles or why we don't put our best CB on their best WR. Everybody else does. I know VD is old but damn, this ain't 1952.

Seek
10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
That's precisely it.

the Chiefs do have audibles. They just don't let Trent Audible into a play of his choice. They have scripted audibles. This was discussed after the Philly game. The Chiefs said, Trent had audibled nine times before his Interception for a Td.

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 11:24 AM
can we still just line up without doing some kind of end around fake shit. Even when we did pound the ball there was some misdirection to it. Line up I formation and just play some football. Instead green fakes left then hands the ball off to the right.

Totally agree with Demonpenz.

Yes. I am happy AL tried to run the ball more and attempted to put in screen pass in the 1st QTR.

But AL, quite doing that cutesy freaking shifts when no defenders in our last 5 games had bought into that s#*#:cuss:. I think you are confusing our own players (players setting blocks) more than you are the opposing defense.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM

nice

FloridaMan88
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM

Its all about specific match-ups, and any idiot can figure out that when you are facing a defense ranked 2nd in rush defense and 29th in pass defense, it is going to be easier to move the ball through the air than on the ground.

Area 51
10-31-2005, 11:27 AM
That's precisely it.

I think this is where we reiterate the need for the Chiefs to go no huddle when things aren't looking too good. It doesn't give the defense time to regroup as well as giving Green the opportunity to call the plays.

Remember the good old days when the QB was more than a body following a "scheme" the wasn't working? It seems as if the QB could say "HEY, it ain't workin' boss, watch this!" It seems to be easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Chief Henry
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM

rep to that

King_Chief_Fan
10-31-2005, 11:29 AM

No one was wanting the dumb butt to stick with something that wasn't working....it shouldn't have taken 2 quarters to figure that out.

Area 51
10-31-2005, 11:30 AM
No one was wanting the dumb butt to stick with something that wasn't working....it shouldn't have taken 2 quarters to figure that out.

It shouldn't have taken two series to figure it out.

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM
AL and DV, let Trent call his own plays when coaches plays are making our teams go 3 and out.

and yes, Trent should be able to audible out of your dumb ass play calling. Enough of the fake misdirection crap, along with the 36 shifts and motion prior to every freaking snap.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM
we need to work on more inside running

defenses are jumping all over that stretch sweep play we run now.

wolfpack0735
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Bolts didnt get to number 2 against the run by being bad. we should have used the pass to open up the run.

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 11:49 AM
the Chiefs do have audibles. They just don't let Trent Audible into a play of his choice. They have scripted audibles. This was discussed after the Philly game. The Chiefs said, Trent had audibled nine times before his Interception for a Td.

Pre-scripted "audibles" are not audibles, no matter how much they want to spin it...

Seek
10-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Pre-scripted "audibles" are not audibles, no matter how much they want to spin it...

how isn't it an audible. If the defense is showing this, Trent is to audbile to that. The only difference is that Trent is not choosing it, but Trent is the one who has to recognize the play to call the audible.

Having it scripted makes sure everyone else on the field knows what he called.

B_Ambuehl
10-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Its all about specific match-ups, and any idiot can figure out that when you are facing a defense ranked 2nd in rush defense and 29th in pass defense, it is going to be easier to move the ball through the air than on the ground.

To this statement and to the others talking 'bout "we only call for what works", that's bullshit. Each week there are multiple posters on this board screaming, "JUST POUND THE BALL WITH PRIEST". "QUIT GETTING FANCY WITH THE OFFENSE". etc.

Mecca
10-31-2005, 11:58 AM
I think the complaints are simply that Al Saunders doesn't recognize what's working and what's not working during games. That's my complaint with him anyway.

greg63
10-31-2005, 12:02 PM

Yup, excellent point!

Calcountry
10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
As I said last week, our passing game opens it up for the run. This year, the D's are going wild getting pressure on Trent so he can't pass.

We need to pass in running situations, period. First down of the first drive, pass. Second down, run.

We need to go down the field on the first possession. It was obvious that the SD' was keying for the run, they had it strung out, they were staying home on the weekside. Time to pass. right now.

Well, not until the second half and they know we have to pass.

It will not surprise me if a surging Raiders teams beats this offense.

Demonpenz
10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't mean to run it up the centers ass 3 straight players, but the one time i was like lets pound the ball trent faked left and gave it right i don't even think tony was going the same direction as priest

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
how isn't it an audible. If the defense is showing this, Trent is to audbile to that. The only difference is that Trent is not choosing it, but Trent is the one who has to recognize the play to call the audible.

Having it scripted makes sure everyone else on the field knows what he called.

Having it scripted gives the QB ZERO control over whether or not the correct play is called.

It doesn't give the QB the opportunity to ultimately exploit an issue in the defense, because he doesn't have the entire playbook in his arsenal.

As for the last excuse, that's BS. If the players on the field don't know the playbook good enough to use QB audibles, they shouldn't be playing.