PDA

View Full Version : I really don't feel bad about this loss...

bishop_74
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I didn't have high expectations going in to SD and slaughtering this group. If you did... you were kidding yourself. Yeah, I know the offense could have played better at time, we had bad coaching, and the defense gave up some big plays.

We did however dance toe to toe with a damn good footbal team at their house and barely lost by one friggin touchdown. In fact, I think some of our numbers were better than theirs. We looked bad... but we looked good too. If we keep on progressing, and our shcedule "seems" to be a bit easier, we have a chance to go to the playoffs. Do NOT discount this teams hunger for a SB victory if we make it to the playoffs. I feel a lot of players understand it will be thair last chance to go the big game and will be more than up for the challenge.

Hope this can make some of you feel a little better, if not well... I tried.

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 11:33 AM
It makes me feel better.

The only reason I sting from this loss (much like Philly) is that we had a chance to win it.

Otherwise I never expected to win this game and I think we'll win the next 3.

Fish
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
I agree..... We played a pretty decent 2nd half. And we're only 4-3. I for one didn't expect us to go undefeated, and I don't think losing all hope and talking about what to do next year is a positive thing after 7 games...

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 11:37 AM
There's some truth to what you are attempting to make us believe.

I was more pissed off with the loss vs Eagles compared to this one, still this would have been great to win against our AFC west division foe. now, we've lost 1 to the donks and one to these bolts.:mad:

Gaz
10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
IMO, the similarity to the Eagles game is the non-contribution by the Offense until the game was almost out of control. Then, once the Enemy was firmly in control, the O put on a flashy show that came up short.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expected a lot more from this Offense.

Seek
10-31-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't feel so bad about losing this game. I expected it, but what bothers me is that, we have beat only one team with a winning record and the win against Oakland was very shaky.

I would love to say that we just got beat by a good football team, but our whole schedule is good football teams. We have to start winning games like this if we even consider ourselves a play off team.

I do love the fact that our defense came out in the second half and tried to turn it around like Philly did against us.

wolfpack0735
10-31-2005, 11:44 AM
i would love a win in donkyville, i would love a win in boltland but i dont expect it. the eagle loss was hard. what hurts is the offense going down hill and was just waisted the last three years to a joke of a defense. in the 90`s a great defense was waisted on a poor offense, it has come full about.

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 11:49 AM
i would love a win in donkyville, i would love a win in boltland but i dont expect it. the eagle loss was hard. what hurts is the offense going down hill and was just waisted the last three years to a joke of a defense. in the 90`s a great defense was waisted on a poor offense, it has come full about.

:deevee:

I knew it. I was not the only chief seeing this. How many more is in denial that we have indeed come full circle without having a balance OFF, DEF and ST's.

jspchief
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
If you look at this game in a vacuum, it's easy to shake it off. Tough division foe, on the road, etc.

But if you stop and look at it as another piece of the puzzle that is this team, I think the loss has a resounding sting to it. The puzzle is half done, and the only thing that is clear is that we beat bad teams, lose to good teams on the road, and sometimes lose to good teams at home. There's no silver lining to that.

The best we can hope for is the ability to use Arrowhead as a crutch to beat some good teams in the second half of the season. And assuming that pans out, our crutch will quickly be kicked out from under us come play-off time.

the Talking Can
10-31-2005, 11:54 AM
when can we finally "expect to win?"...just curious....

Brock
10-31-2005, 11:54 AM
I also did not expect to win at SD. However, the coaching gaffes and poor offensive line play are very troubling. Likewise leaving Gates free to roam was probably a bad idea in hindsight.

bishop_74
10-31-2005, 11:59 AM
when can we finally "expect to win?"...just curious....
I don't think you can ever "expect" to win. This is the NFL, not college football. Did you tunr on the game with an overwhelming sense that we would?

morphius
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't mind losing the game, but that way we lost it is hard to take. I don't see this as us fighting toe to toe with them, more of a fact that they whipped our asses the first half and all they had to do was hold on for the second half.

Of course right now I'm really letting DV annoy the hell out of me with his "we gotta do a better job of coaching", if your guys can't figure that out in 4 years shouldn't you have replaced a couple? Then there is the whole "go to work" thing. Anyone think that football is just about players going out and working didn't see what the Giants did yesterday, what Farve did when his Father passed away, and I'm sure the list can go on for miles.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
I didn't have high expectations going in to SD and slaughtering this group. If you did... you were kidding yourself. Yeah, I know the offense could have played better at time, we had bad coaching, and the defense gave up some big plays.

We did however dance toe to toe with a damn good footbal team at their house and barely lost by one friggin touchdown. In fact, I think some of our numbers were better than theirs. We looked bad... but we looked good too. If we keep on progressing, and our shcedule "seems" to be a bit easier, we have a chance to go to the playoffs. Do NOT discount this teams hunger for a SB victory if we make it to the playoffs. I feel a lot of players understand it will be thair last chance to go the big game and will be more than up for the challenge.

Here's my thing. Going into this game I fully expected to lose, and they lost, so I can't say I'm incredibly surprised or anything. But what gets me is even though I expected them to lose, this team had the chance to win during the game and gave me false hope into believing it could be a victory. That's what ends up getting me pissed off in the end.

Clint in Wichita
10-31-2005, 12:02 PM

Whoopee. We have an outside chance of backing into the playoffs and getting stomped in the 1st round again. Great.

bishop_74
10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Here's my thing. Going into this game I fully expected to lose, and they lost, so I can't say I'm incredibly surprised or anything. But what gets me is even though I expected them to lose, this team had the chance to win during the game and gave me false hope into believing it could be a victory. That's what ends up getting me pissed off in the end.

I hear ya, and agree. But I hope that all of our losses are this way. The losses I can't stand are the ones where we get embarrassed. This is soul crushing to me. I would much rather lose a close heartbraker, than have the other team spit on our graves.

shakesthecat
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much in this boat as well. I didn't expect a win yesterday. But for me, it's how they played that left the bad taste, rather than the loss itself.

All in all, I'll take 4-3 right now, but I also realize that they damn well better make hay the next 3 weeks, because there sure aren't any gimmes the last 6 weeks.

This team has 8-8 writen all over it.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
beats the off season all to hell

Thig Lyfe
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Oakland, Buffalo, Houston are the next 3 games. I think 7-3 is a safe bet, and Denver and NE at home should at least get us one win between the two.

9-4 would be fantastic and hopefully put KC in a good position for the playoffs.

Yesterday was bad, but not heartbreaking. I'm still fairly optimistic.

jspchief
10-31-2005, 12:13 PM
I hear ya, and agree. But I hope that all of our losses are this way. The losses I can't stand are the ones where we get embarrassed. This is soul crushing to me. I would much rather lose a close heartbraker, than have the other team spit on our graves.What team do you root for?

Because I root for the Chiefs, and I saw my team get it's ass kicked yesterday. Sure, when SD went into prevent, we sort of got back into the game to make it look closer than it was. But we were still never closer than a prayer of even tying the game.

redfan
10-31-2005, 12:15 PM
What bothers me about this game is a great 2nd half perfromance by Green & Gonzo was wasted. Green was hitting despite having little time (most of the day) to throw the ball.
The game would have been closer if the Chiefs convert some of those 1st half 3rd down situations. TonyG's drop (a sure first down) was critical at the time.

Brock
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
What team do you root for?

Because I root for the Chiefs, and I saw my team get it's ass kicked yesterday. Sure, when SD went into prevent, we sort of got back into the game to make it look closer than it was. But we were still never closer than a prayer of even tying the game.

Eh - If they had scored a TD with about 10 minutes left, I would have had visions of another Chargers 4th quarter collapse. But when the Chiefs went for 3, I knew it was pretty much over.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Whoopee. We have an outside chance of backing into the playoffs and getting stomped in the 1st round again. Great.
Hey, that would equal almost everything we've done in 35 years. Are you sure there actually are more games beyond the first round? I've forgotten how that works.

Red Dawg
10-31-2005, 12:28 PM
It makes me feel better.

The only reason I sting from this loss (much like Philly) is that we had a chance to win it.

Otherwise I never expected to win this game and I think we'll win the next 3.

Win the next three? Maybe but I doubt we win in Buffalo. Giants and Dallas will beat us as well. That's 6 losses in my opinion. 10-6 only if we win the rest of our home games.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I really don't feel bad about this loss....

thanks ... feel free to continue to root for the dungvar donks as long as you like.

Otter
10-31-2005, 12:46 PM
I didn't have high expectations going in to SD and slaughtering this group. If you did... you were kidding yourself.

What does that tell you about the team overall? Read between your own lines.

C-Mac
10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
I really didnt expect a win, but I really didnt expect some of the poor play calling either.
6-7 trips to the redzone could equal 49 points or half would have been at least 25 points, not 20.
This game did reinforce the possibilty of beating SD at Arrowhead, of which I'm not as confident with Denver, after watching them play that game.

chagrin
10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
10-6 this year, so what - it wasn't an embarassment like the Philly game

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Win the next three? Maybe but I doubt we win in Buffalo. Giants and Dallas will beat us as well. That's 6 losses in my opinion. 10-6 only if we win the rest of our home games.

Buffalo's run defense is going to have to get real good real fast...

sedated
10-31-2005, 01:37 PM
We've looked bad against every good team we've played.

The offense (esp. O-line) looks old (in age and play calling)

The defense still can't stop anyone consistently.

We suck.

sedated
10-31-2005, 01:38 PM
it wasn't an embarassment like the Philly game

despite the final score, it was still a whooping.

Remember, we were down 21-3. The chargers let up a bit or it would have been a repeat of Denver.

htismaqe
10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
despite the final score, it was still a whooping.

Remember, we were down 21-3. The chargers let up a bit or it would have been a repeat of Denver.

The Chargers let up? Hmmm...wonder what Marty would say about that...

Chief Henry
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM

I agree we waisted this offense the PREVIOUS 3 years. Carl Peterson
and Dick Vermeil you :cuss: me off.

cdcox
10-31-2005, 01:52 PM
I didn't expect we would win either. Still it hurts because the game was futher confirmation that we waited too long to fix the D and any opportunity to do something special with the Vermeil Chiefs is gone. The obvious take home message from yesterday's game is that we no longer have an elite offensive line; without that, we are going no where.

DJJasonp
10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Bright side.....we controlled LT and forced 2 more turnovers than I thought we would get....made necessary adjustments (minus Gates) in the second half....to keep them in range.

We had our chances to tie or win this game.....fumble....botched 4th down play...etc.

I honestly was expecting worse (200 yds from LT).

Calcountry
10-31-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't feel so bad about losing this game. I expected it, but what bothers me is that, we have beat only one team with a winning record and the win against Oakland was very shaky.

I would love to say that we just got beat by a good football team, but our whole schedule is good football teams. We have to start winning games like this if we even consider ourselves a play off team.

I do love the fact that our defense came out in the second half and tried to turn it around like Philly did against us.After this game, I don't consider us a playoff team. I consider us a "competitive" team. You know, the kind that will give everyone a game deep into the 4rth Q and will win some and lose some.

Its looking like 8-8 right now as a probable outcome. At the beginning of the year I was predicting 10-6 and we still have a great shot at that given that 4 of our last 6 are at home and we have some weak teams in that stretch.

One and out in the playoffs is the best we can hope for this year I am afraid to say. Hope I am wrong, but I am not going to get worked up over it anymore. The Eagles loss took all the heart out of me.

Danush
10-31-2005, 03:18 PM
If you are an athlete, you always feel bad about a loss. Always. And you should. What Lombardi said....

Calcountry
10-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Oakland, Buffalo, Houston are the next 3 games. I think 7-3 is a safe bet, and Denver and NE at home should at least get us one win between the two.

9-4 would be fantastic and hopefully put KC in a good position for the playoffs.

Yesterday was bad, but not heartbreaking. I'm still fairly optimistic.We will have our hands full with the Raiders, if we don't get beat, I will be surprised.

kcblue555
10-31-2005, 03:22 PM
GET USED TO LOSING THATS ALL I CAN SAY!!!

Nzoner
10-31-2005, 03:23 PM
It makes me feel better.

I agree,and the stinging got worse as I was also watching the Philly-Denver game.Denver was up much like we were against the Eagles and then as they started to get back in it,Denver turned it on and slammed the door,like I wished we could have.

Calcountry
10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
The Chargers let up? Hmmm...wonder what Marty would say about that...They didn't let up. It was Green making plays while trying to dodge the freight trains and mac trucks that almost got us the game back.

That one FG a TD, and another TD when we fumbled after the INT return, and it is a new ballgame.

But shitty teams do shitty things with the opportunities presented them.

AS RAN the ball on 3rd and goal from the 4, when we haven't run the ball well all game. WTF was he thinking?

Calcountry
10-31-2005, 03:25 PM
Bright side.....we controlled LT and forced 2 more turnovers than I thought we would get....made necessary adjustments (minus Gates) in the second half....to keep them in range.

We had our chances to tie or win this game.....fumble....botched 4th down play...etc.

I honestly was expecting worse (200 yds from LT).All wasted on our chitty O.