PDA

View Full Version : Personally, I think the Chiefs ........... ( fill in the blank )

ROYC75
11-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Personally, I think the Chiefs ........... offense's age has caught up with them.

Reason : father time has not allowed our big guys to heal and keep pace with the younger high motor defensive players. Our blocking has been horrid and AS seems to be calling plays that just runs into or plays into the defensive units strenghts.

OK, done ......
Next !

--------------------

Uatu
11-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Will finish within 1 or 2 games of the playoffs but still be watching on TV this year.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Should disband. We aren't ever going to win anything.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Don't care about black people.

StcChief
11-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Start rebuilding process now.
Seems obvious to me, after Sunday in SD
Chiefs are in trouble on the road against a good team.

Start seriously evaluating players.
Who Stays / Who Goes

InChiefsHeaven
11-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Will get better on D and worse on O. There will be injuries with no depth, I can just feel it. Barring that, we will make the playoffs...only to be humiliated first round as usual...

Sully
11-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Should hire Jeff Fisher after this season, let Saunders go, promote Verdusco to OC, and move on from the Vermeil experiment.

Troy1220
11-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Throw the screen play way to frickin much...and no one is fooled anymore.

Archie Bunker
11-01-2005, 09:35 AM
...will finish 9-7 and top it off by hiring a lame head coach.

Dartgod
11-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Personally, I think the Chiefs ...
...should lower season ticket prices. Free would be nice.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 09:37 AM
will see this post and determine that their fans may not be the best in the NFL after all.

Warrior5
11-01-2005, 09:41 AM
will win their next 3 straight, and possibly more.

Reason: my gut tells me so...that's all I got.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
...should clean house and start all over (from CP down)

Manila-Chief
11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Wow!!! No homer has posted, yet!!! That tells me something about how bad we really are as a team.

I agree with the drift of this thread. It seems to me that D.V. has done a very poor job of getting the team ready the last couple of years. In years past his teams were one of the toughest in the league. Now, it seems they are one of the softest. Plus, they just don't seem to be ready to play good teams. I think we still have talent but they were not motivated and prepared.

Skip ... I agree that D.V. and C.P have allowed a golden opportunity to pass us by. They sat around for 3 years and did nothing about our sorry D. Now, that there is a little improvement in the D ... and the O no longer is at peak performance level. Sunday, the D made several stops ... last year we would have won. I'm concerned with scoring inside the red zone when the game is on the line.

I, too, think it will be a long rebuilding process. But, I don't want Fisher ... I'd rather have a bright young talented head coach.

Manila-Chief
11-01-2005, 10:01 AM
...should clean house and start all over (from CP down)

This is my vote!!!

Or, start higher up ... let Clarke Hunt take over the team. Maybe he can light a fire under the management.

HemiEd
11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I think they are right where most of us realistically thought they would be at this time when the schedule came out. I know, I said 19-0 but I did not believe that, of course.
We are fortunate that the Chargers have lost some games and have not left the rest of the teams behind. Considering that the O-Line has not enjoyed the injury free season we have grown used to, they should get it together soon. They did not age more than a year since last year.
Al Saunders might want to try some of the other 480 plays out of his play book, instead of using the same 20 and all will be good. Injuries are part of the game, the one to Ryan Sims has hurt.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 10:35 AM
This is my vote!!!

Or, start higher up ... let Clarke Hunt take over the team. Maybe he can light a fire under the management.

Lamar has handed off to Clarke.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Personally, I think the Chiefs better rebuild fast or we are in for a repeat of the 1980s.

Cormac
11-01-2005, 10:36 AM
....have hall-of-famers in Roaf, Shields and Gonzo, and pro-bowl caliber players in Green, Holmes, LJ, Richardson, Wiegmann, Waters, Allen, Bell, DJ, Warfield and Surtain.

And STILL we underachieve.

What I want to know is - who is going to light the fire to get the passion out of these players for one last half season? We need COHESION on defense, especially in the secondary. And we need one last push from our excellent but ailing O-line.

:banghead:

Area 51
11-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Personally, I think the Chiefs better rebuild fast or we are in for a repeat of the 1980s.

How about 70's and 80's? Like from 1972 through 1988.

ROYC75
11-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Adding to the fun ........

Personally, I think the Chiefs are in for a very long familiar season.

bringbackmarty
11-01-2005, 11:32 AM
have one ot two of the best young players in the nfl.

Calcountry
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Are too cheap and too stupid to put a qualtiy O AND D on the field in the same year.

Johnson&Johnson
11-01-2005, 11:42 AM
maybe it is the age.

It could be that the offensive scheme we've been running the past 4 years has finally been figured out. And the two teams that exposed a way to get to our QB happened in the OAK and DEN game.

All it takes for defensive coordinators to succeed against our pass protection and run blocking schemes is to watch and breakdwon the OAK and DEN game. We could not run or pass consistently.

MahiMike
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
...are like 28 other teams in the NFL - paritized! (i.e., parity, Is that a word?). By that I mean that only truly great teams stand out and win consistently. The others, even the good ones, get beat almost as much as they win. It takes a lot of heart, soul and luck to win in this league.

chiefsfan1963
11-01-2005, 01:31 PM
will go on a 5 game winning streak or more!

I had the chance to see the game again via NFL TIcket Super Fan Short Cuts, and totally agree with a few on this board that this loss was not too bad after further review of each play. Our D really did a pretty good job overall, and our O moved the ball but was unable to convert crucial points in the Red Zone. You can certainly blame the coaches on not abondoning the run soon enough, but overall this loss can actually be advantageous for this team going forward. They learned alot about themselves and can make the appropriate adjustments for the rest of the season! I can see this team going on a 5 game winning streak!

Call me crazy but I can see this happening. One game at a time will be the focus, and the next goal will be to win 2 games in row then 3. Once we do this for the first time in the season, then 5 in a row will be very achievable.

I couldn't see any of this on Sunday or Monday, but this team still has alot to work with and many of our playmakers are still not playing in 3rd or even 4th gear yet.

We'll know more after Sunday's game if any of this holds true.

ROYC75
11-01-2005, 01:34 PM
....... will have to change gears to get to the next level.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 01:37 PM
....... are going to change gears to get to the next level.

Roy75 you are beginning to do the Charlie Brown act!

ROYC75
11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Roy75 you are beginning to do the Charlie Brown act!

OK, ya got me before the edit ..........

Damn football. :rolleyes:

Munson
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
....should never run to the right as long as Jordan Black is at RT.

....should throw down field a lot more.

....should cut Eric Warfield for sucking so bad.

....should never play the soft zone on defense for the rest of the season.

....should punch Al Saunders in the face for consistantly bad play calling.

....should get Tony G. at least 8 catches a game.

....should never let Jerome Woods on the field ever again.

....should do away with this RCB and LCB bullsh*t.

....should try a trick trick play or two every game, like a half back pass, flea flicker, fumblerooski, etc.

Braincase
11-01-2005, 02:04 PM
...will not win another Superbowl in Lamar Hunt's lifetime.

KChiefsQT
11-01-2005, 02:07 PM
...better do something fast before I get gray hair. :(

Lurch
11-01-2005, 02:08 PM
....should never run to the right as long as Jordan Black is at RT.

....should throw down field a lot more.

....should cut Eric Warfield for sucking so bad.

....should never play the soft zone on defense for the rest of the season.

....should punch Al Saunders in the face for consistantly bad play calling.

....should get Tony G. at least 8 catches a game.

....should never let Jerome Woods on the field ever again.

....should do away with this RCB and LCB bullsh*t.

....should try a trick trick play or two every game, like a half back pass, flea flicker, fumblerooski, etc.

8 out of 9 ain't bad (give Warfield some time to work with Surtain,) for a noob.

Johnson&Johnson
11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
will go on a 5 game winning streak or more!

I had the chance to see the game again via NFL TIcket Super Fan Short Cuts, and totally agree with a few on this board that this loss was not too bad after further review of each play. Our D really did a pretty good job overall, and our O moved the ball but was unable to convert crucial points in the Red Zone. You can certainly blame the coaches on not abondoning the run soon enough, but overall this loss can actually be advantageous for this team going forward. They learned alot about themselves and can make the appropriate adjustments for the rest of the season! I can see this team going on a 5 game winning streak!

Call me crazy but I can see this happening. One game at a time will be the focus, and the next goal will be to win 2 games in row then 3. Once we do this for the first time in the season, then 5 in a row will be very achievable.

I couldn't see any of this on Sunday or Monday, but this team still has alot to work with and many of our playmakers are still not playing in 3rd or even 4th gear yet.

We'll know more after Sunday's game if any of this holds true.

Of course it's a very realistic prediction. If you didn't know our offense (Trent Green at the helm) plays its best footbal in the month of November. You hear it first...the high-powered high octane, super exciting Chiefs offense will light-up scoreboard on all of their next 5 opponents. OAK, BUF, HOU and yes it includes NE.

GoTrav
11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
can we start with drafting better?

kcjayhawks5
11-01-2005, 02:58 PM
are very disappointing

jidar
11-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Should hire the Israelis to track and kill everyone in this thread.

Cormac
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Should hire the Israelis to track and kill everyone in this thread.

including you jaded?

School is out already?

:rolleyes:

jidar
11-01-2005, 04:10 PM
including you jaded?

School is out already?

:rolleyes:

Is this the part where we imply that I'm immature?
You know, there isn't too much that's witty or mature about implying someone is immature either. Kids start using that in their arguments at about age 11, so the irony is that it's just as likely to be a sign of immaturity.

In the meanwhile, once CP get's his act together and starts hiring some decent hit men, like say Mossad, you guys are ****ing toast.

Everytime he tries to hire another crack addict though, all I can do is yell DAMNIT CARL!!#!

sedated
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
...should fire Grandpa. (I've said this since last year, and no one listened...)

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 04:39 PM
have given me 12 years of decent entertainment but after this season I will no longer be a "real fan" as I'm ready to kick back in my gameroom and enjoy ALL the games every week.

stevieray
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
....never feel the pressure of accountability from an owner who lives out of state.

RedThat
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Personally I think the Chiefs Bulletin Boards are too negative. Lighten up boys! We're only 4-3.

sedated
11-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Personally I think the Chiefs Bulletin Boards are too negative. Lighten up boys! We're only 4-3.

...with all our wins coming against bad teams

Red Dawg
11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Don't care about black people.

Funny!