PDA

View Full Version : Steve Mariucci..

thebrad84
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
..as our head coach for next year??? That skinny older dork on espn...something Clayton...said that Steve Mariucci might be looking for a new job after this season. Clayton suspects that he might be getting the boot after this year since he hasn't been able to do much in Detriot. I was wondering what you all thought about him being our next head coach? I sure wouldn't mind taking a look at him, he did have a good run with the 49ers. I know one thing for sure, he would sure be better than Al Saunders...aka the guy, among others, who looks at the replays and tells Dick to throw the red flag or not on challenges :shake:

siberian khatru
11-01-2005, 07:55 PM
If Carl's going after an ex-Lions coach, he'll probably hire Wayne Fontes.

morphius
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
With whats happened there, no thanks.

nychief
11-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Rich Kotitie Baby!

Deberg_1990
11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Id take him. Hes a good coach. As much as I want Carl gone, hes still 50 times the GM than what Detroit has. I think with a stronger organization like the Chiefs, Marriucci would succeed. He rebuilt the 49's after Young retired and made them winners again.

thebrad84
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Id take him. Hes a good coach. As much as I want Carl gone, hes still 50 times the GM than what Detroit has. I think with a stronger organization like the Chiefs, Marriucci would succeed. He rebuilt the 49's after Young retired and made them winners again.

Agreed. I don't think Detroit has really fielded a team where Marriucci can/could succeed. He has had to deal with some pretty shitty QBs, and we all know what that can do to a good/great coach (i.e. Shottenheimer with Bono and Grbac). I've also heard that Jeff Fisher and Herm Edwards are at the end of their contracts this year, but who knows what their plans are. I sure wouldnt mind one of those guys either. Jeff Fisher would be my first choice, then Edwards, then Marriucci. You have to admit, Jeff Fisher is the man at head coach.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 08:25 PM
have to admit, Jeff Fisher is the man at head coach.

Agreed. If Fisher ended up here, he'd keep Cunningham here as well.

the Talking Can
11-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I'd take Fisher in a heartbeat....Mariucci? eh....as long as ALL our shitty coaches are sent away that's a good start...

Sully
11-01-2005, 08:41 PM
I brought up Fisher in another thread. I love the idea. He's a strong presence, he'd keep Gun here for DC. He doesn't seem married to any one offensive philosophy, which would make me think he'd be willing to use whatever would fit our personnel, rather than trying to fit our guys into his idea. He's patient with young QBs. Good eye for talent...

Deberg_1990
11-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Jeff Fisher! Hell yea!!! Hed be a great fit in KC.

BigRedChief
11-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Jeff Fisher! Hell yea!!! Hed be a great fit in KC.

Yeah but why would he leave the Titans?

Rausch
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Agreed. If Fisher ended up here, he'd keep Cunningham here as well.

I'd like it...

BigRedChief
11-01-2005, 09:00 PM
I'd like it...

Again I think 90% of the Planet would have a massive boner for Fisher as the next head coach but what makes anyone think he would leave the Titans?

Deberg_1990
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM

More $$$$$$$$$$$$ ??

Honestly, i have no idea what his situation is like there in Tennesee except that they have a bad team right now.

jiveturkey
11-01-2005, 09:20 PM
I'd take Fisher in a heartbeat....Mariucci? eh....as long as ALL our shitty coaches are sent away that's a good start...
I'm with ya.

Keep Herm the hell out of here while you're at it.

C-Mac
11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
There's not many coaches out there available or not, that I would pick over Fisher.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2005, 10:48 PM
I dig Mariucci. He'd install the west-coast offense, too. And actually throw it to Kris Wilson.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 10:53 PM
One of the things I like about Fisher is his willingness to try out some trick plays.

Wasn't it last year the Tits did two onside kicks in a row- and they were both in the first half or something? A total surprise to the opponent who was expecting a long kick.

More importantly- he's a bright, young coach with a great career ahead of him.

Spicy McHaggis
11-02-2005, 12:31 AM

He's been there forever? :shrug:

I don't know but if there is even a remote possibility of it Carl needs to make it happen. Mooch would be a decent canidate too but I prefer Fischer. He's a got a good defensive background and would know how to build a young team like we'll have into a winner.

Barrymore50
11-02-2005, 01:30 AM
It doesn't matter who the head coach is as long as Carl is in charge (no Super Bowl).

Rausch
11-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Again I think 90% of the Planet would have a massive boner for Fisher as the next head coach but what makes anyone think he would leave the Titans?

It's all about what you've done fore me lately.

Jeff has only one SB showing and that was a loss. Years ago.

Plus, the Titans suck ass. Terrible team.

I'm sure he'd be glad to get out....