PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL teams wouldn't be starting LJ?

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm old and dumb but San Diego is all I can come up with. And I think LJ can hold his own with Tomlinson. What do you think?

Abba-Dabba
11-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Kansas City

milkman
11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I think he'd probably be sitting behind Alexander in Seattle.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Kansas City
Hehe

Phobia
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM

Yup.

tk13
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Seattle, Indianapolis would be two surefire ones that pop right up. After that it becomes kinda debatable I think. Like for instance I'd say Dallas, St. Louis, and Buffalo would be possibilities. Maybe New Orleans if Deuce was healthy...

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Probably? What are his YPC? And Seattle plays WHO?

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Seattle, Indianapolis would be two surefire ones that pop right up. After that it becomes kinda debatable I think. Like for instance I'd say Dallas, St. Louis, and Buffalo would be possibilities. Maybe New Orleans if Deuce was healthy...
I'm not good at this but Dallas? St. Louis? You surely aren't talking about Edgerrin James. If's don't count. Maybe McGahee but the knees? I doubt it.

tk13
11-01-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm not good at this but Dallas? St. Louis? You surely aren't talking about Edgerrin James. If's don't count. Maybe McGahee but the knees? I doubt it.
Why not? Edge is having a great year. The other teams all have good young RB's who've shown they can carry the load. I don't know if you've watched Steven Jackson run but he's a total beast, Julius Jones is just a guess on my part, I like him, Parcells likes to use him, that's probably the most iffy suggestion. And the Bills took McGahee with a blown up knee over a healthy LJ in the draft... I don't think it's really a stretch.

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 11:30 PM
If you're asking what teams have more talented RBs than LJ starting at this point, I'd say:

Indianapolis
Seattle
San Diego
New York Giants
Washington
New Orleans(healthy Deuce)
St. Louis(yeah, I like Jackson more)

Those are the definites. There are a bunch of iffy's that LJ's probably just as talented as.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Why not? Edge is having a great year. The other teams all have good young RB's who've shown they can carry the load. I don't know if you've watched Steven Jackson run but he's a total beast, Julius Jones is just a guess on my part, I like him, Parcells likes to use him, that's probably the most iffy suggestion. And the Bills took McGahee with a blown up knee over a healthy LJ in the draft... I don't think it's really a stretch.
I normally don't watch games that don't involve the Chiefs but watched Dallas out of boredom Sunday and they have a new darling. The announcer kept gushing over him while forgetting his name. I think we can rule Julius out. Edge is as old as I am. Are you sure McGahee went aead of LJ. I thought he went late in the first which was still a surprise with those knees. Let me ask you this, do you think KC would trade straight up for any of the backs you've mentioned? There is something wrong with all of them so far. Age, health, something.

Miles
11-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Seattle, Indy, STL, Buff, NYG are ones i would definitly say he wouldn't. Probably should include Washington, CHI, Philly, DAL and maybe even HOU, JAX, ATL and MIA.

tk13
11-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Edge is 27 years old. He's not that old.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:40 PM
If you're asking what teams have more talented RBs than LJ starting at this point, I'd say:

Indianapolis
Seattle
San Diego
New York Giants
Washington
New Orleans(healthy Deuce)
St. Louis(yeah, I like Jackson more)

Those are the definites. There are a bunch of iffy's that LJ's probably just as talented as.
Jackson I don't know about. Look at who they play. Edge is ancient, like Priest. Tiki Barber? Hahaha Portis? More Hahahaha Old, broken dudes like Deuce? LT is new and for real and I don't know about the Seattle guy, never heard of him. Maybe because of who they play.

Miles
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Edge is 27 years old. He's not that old.

Only 14 months older than LJ and is looking better this year than he has in a while.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Seattle, Indy, STL, Buff, NYG are ones i would definitly say he wouldn't. Probably should include Washington, CHI, Philly, DAL and maybe even HOU, JAX, ATL and MIA.
Dude, that's hilarious. Dallas can't decide who their running back is.

jspchief
The only thing this thread has accomplished is exposing how little Skip knows about other teams and their RBs.

tk13
Steven Jackson just ran for almost 180 yards against the Jags defense. That is pretty impressive, they are a real good defense.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Steven Jackson just ran for almost 180 yards against the Jags defense. That is pretty impressive, they are a real good defense.Jackson is a freaking animal. Vitt might just get himself a permanent head coaching job if he keeps leaning on Jackson.

Miles
11-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Dude, that's hilarious. Dallas can't decide who their running back is.

Probably because Jones is injured. Granted he wasn't off to the best start but he has alot of upside.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Only 14 months older than LJ and is looking better this year than he has in a while.
You better check your facts. LJ is what? 23? James has been around for at least 7 years.

Miles
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Jackson is a freaking animal. Vitt might just get himself a permanent head coaching job if he keeps leaning on Jackson.

Yeah he looked pretty damn good in that game last week and is getting better as he gets more carries. McGahee is the other young back that I really like. Very powerful runner and like Jackson has some great speed for his size.

greg63
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Kansas City
ROFLROFL
That was my initial reaction.

tk13
11-01-2005, 11:49 PM
You better check your facts. LJ is what? 23? James has been around for at least 7 years.
LJ turns 26 in a couple weeks...

Miles

LJ: November 19, 1979

Edge: August 1, 1978

You're right on the Edge being around for 7 years though.

HolmeZz

LJ was 23 when he got drafted and turned 24 during his rookie season.

Johnson&Johnson
11-01-2005, 11:51 PM
LJ will be a starter again for us this year.

Here's the better question. Would opposing defense fear our current version of Priest more or do they fear LJ more?

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
LJ turns 26 in a couple weeks...
My God I had no idea. Did he spend 7 years in college? No wonder he is pissed for having his career pissed away by VD. He definately needs out of KC. Kiss him goodbye. Judging from the results of this thread, 25 teams need him and we don't.

OzArK KrAzO
11-02-2005, 07:12 AM
L.J seems to have changed his running abit this year. He was running allover his blockers last year. Seems to be taking better care of um this time around.I think he could start anywhere.But i dont think any teams are gunna bench a established great player to do it.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Edgerrin James was 20 years old when he entered the NFL. So looking as his age compared to his years in the league can be misleading.

Johnson on the other hand spent 5 years in college.

Otter
11-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Which NFL teams would be starting LJ if they had Priest Holmes?

I think wording it like that more accuratly describes the situation.

ArrowheadHawk
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
what about baltimore

joesomebody
11-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Indy, Seattle, Pitsburgh, Giants, Patriots, Washington, Tampa Bay (I forget if Cadillac is still injured), San Diego, and not sure who else... Probably several more

vailpass
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
The only thing this thread has accomplished is exposing how little Skip knows about other teams and their RBs.

Exactly.

Do you ever get tired of being the football voice of reason?

gcbroncos
11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm old and dumb but San Diego is all I can come up with. And I think LJ can hold his own with Tomlinson. What do you think?

Wow are you kidding me?

I have been reading this message board for a while now but this thread I HAD to post on.

LJ is an explosive back..I'll give you that but to say he starts for every team in the NFL except S.D. is an amazing comment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think LJ starts on HIS OWN team!

Clearly from my username I'm a Bronco homer...

Why did you guys fail to mention the Broncos for a team LJ woudn't start for.

LJ behind our line does sound good...but is he a one cut back?

Perhaps he gets a shot as a Bronco...but right now I like Tatum Bell & Mike Anderson...they are on pace to break records. I esp don't see LJ starting over Tatum...he's the fastest back in the league

gcbroncos
11-02-2005, 10:44 PM
By the way...I want to introduce myself to your board...the board won't let me start a thread (I guess I'm too new)

I have been reading many Chiefs boards and this one is the best.....easily

I won't post much..but every now and then I may...

I think you guys have a strong team and despite your loss to S.D....I think you guys are still CLEARLY in the hunt...

As a Bronco fan...I'm still scared of you guys...

Hope to have good debates with you all...I'm not a trash talker or name caller....I just like to debate a little sometimes...

I'm gcver2ver3 on Orangemane

KCChiefsMan
11-02-2005, 10:59 PM
hmmmm:
Indianapolis
Seattle
Kansas City
San Diego
Cincinatti
NY Jets
Buffalo
Cowboys (healthy Julius Jones)
Washington
Rams
NY Giants

not saying that all those teams' starting backs are better than LJ, LJ just wouldn't be starting for them if they had him