PDA

View Full Version : I nominate Jeff Fisher as the next head coach of the KC Chiefs.

BigRedChief
11-01-2005, 11:19 PM
If DV leaves after this season who do you want to take the job?

I've looked at some college coaches and some assistant coaches. But there is one man that stands above all the rest. Jeff Fisher.

Okay, I'm sure its a pipe dream but why the fuk not dream big. We are not some chump job. We have 79k in the stands a rabid fan base.

He's an executive vice president with the Titans but he's taking alot of heat for the downturn of the franchise. Maybe we can lure him away. Ya never know.

Anyway I nominate Jeff Fisher as the next head coach of the KC Chiefs. Can I get a second motion?

More info about our next head coach:
Jeff Fisher's official bio on the Titans website:
http://www.titansonline.com/team/coaches/staff.php?PRKey=1

Jeff Fisher is entering his 11th season as head coach of the Tennessee Titans and his sixth as Executive Vice President. Fisher holds the franchise record for wins by a head coach with 98 victories and has amassed more regular season wins than any AFC head coach over the last six seasons with 61. He ranks third overall in the NFL behind Tony Dungy (64 wins, 30 in the NFC) and Andy Reid (63 wins).

His team’s success over the last six years is unmatched by any coach in franchise history. Fisher led the Titans to four playoff appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003), two Division titles (2000 & 2002), two AFC Championship Games (1999, 2002) and one Super Bowl berth (XXXIV). He has presided over the most victorious (61 regular season wins and 5 postseason wins) and successful six-year period in the franchise’s 45-year history.

Last year, he became the fourth youngest coach (46) to win 90 regular season games since 1960. Only John Madden (41), Don Shula (41), and Bill Cowher (44) were faster to 90 wins. He also ranks second, behind Cowher, in seniority among current NFL head coaches. This year he can become the 33rd coach to reach 100 career wins and ninth among active coaches. He also can become just the 17th coach to reach the mark with one team.

Some Titan fans blame the teams situation on the coach. A couple of Titans BB threads dissing him:
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=15263

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=15242

The official website ot the Titans. Look at this chit then look at our site. Embrassing
http://www.titansonline.com/

BigRedChief
11-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Another Bio from nfl.com
http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/TEN

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Executive Vice President? WTF?

Good luck trying to get him here. Peterson will offer him a HC position, but no way the guy ends up with any executive office position.

RealSNR
11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Great. Since it's your idea, YOU make it happen.

The entire Chiefs fanbase is counting on you. You'll be a miserable failure in all our eyes if you don't pull through.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I think this thread is a pipe dream. He's not going anywhere.

BigRedChief
11-01-2005, 11:30 PM
I think this thread is a pipe dream. He's not going anywhere.

Hey I said its a pipe dream but why not dream big? You want to settle for Sanders or Herm Edwards?

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey I said its a pipe dream but why not dream big?

I don't think there's a fan here that wouldn't want Fisher as a HC. I didn't know he was sharing duties as an Executive Vice President. Knowing that much right there, I can assure you he won't be leaving Tennessee. If he were nothing but a HC, I would jump on your bandwagon and try to get the guy here too, but he's not going to leave that organization when he's an Executive VP.

KC is going to have some cap/money problems next season. So, I really wouldn't be surprised if we went after an assistant coach in the NFL- there's a load of assistants right now who can become great HC's. We wont' get Cowher either, but Heimendinger or whatever his name is- would be a good option. I've been hearing nothing but great things about Singletary and how he's going to be a helluva HC some day- I'd take a chance on him.

RealSNR
11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey I said its a pipe dream but why not dream big? You want to settle for Sanders or Herm Edwards?Which one?

This guy might be good

http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/09/27/colonel_zoom.jpg

chefsos
11-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I think Fisher's a helluva coach. Cool, too. After all the guys they had to dump, the Titans could have easily challenged Houston for the first draft pick, but they aren't nearly that bad.*

Maybe the salary cap purge he just endured soured him on FO duties, maybe he's ready for a change of scenery after this year, maybe...?

*EDIT Oops, just looked at their stats. They are pretty bad.

greg63
11-01-2005, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't complain, right away, not that any one would care or that it would do any good. :D

Abba-Dabba
11-02-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm not really that high up on Fisher as you guys are.

Really like Ron Rivera, DC for Chicago.
Kinda like Rex Ryan. Not really ready yet for a HC position though.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Soren Petro thinks Butch Davis is going to be our next head coach........

NaptownChief
11-02-2005, 07:07 AM
That St Louis pipeline will probably continue...After Martz is fired by St Louis Carl Peterson will step in and bring him to KC for a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

the Talking Can
11-02-2005, 07:11 AM

guess I better learn to like the NHL....I'm not watching that...

Simplex3
11-02-2005, 07:13 AM
I've been hearing nothing but great things about Singletary and how he's going to be a helluva HC some day- I'd take a chance on him.
I'd take that chance for 3 years.

milkman
11-02-2005, 07:20 AM

As long as Carl is making the selection, I'm not going to have any expectations, or pipe dreams.

Butch Davis would be a bad choice, but better than Herm Edwards, who I fully expect will be the next HC.

Hell, maybe Hermie can find a Jimmy Raye clone to bring in as OC.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 07:20 AM
guess I better learn to like the NHL....I'm not watching that...

I don't know if he's that bad of a coach to be honest with you. Most of his major problem in Cleveland was that he was the GM also, and he wasn't good at that.

Extra Point
11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
I've been hearing nothing but great things about Singletary and how he's going to be a helluva HC some day- I'd take a chance on him.

Agreed.

Extra Point
11-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Who would Al Saunders pick for OC, if Carl gave him the job?

Mecca
11-02-2005, 07:37 AM
I doubt Carl hires a head coach that doesn't have head coaching experience on the pro or college level. That would basically take Singletary out of the mix.

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Id take JF as headcoach in KC in a heartbeat.As long as he had the last say in player personel and CP had zero.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Actually if you look back, Carl probably gives the head coaches to much say in the draft picks.

Ryan Sims DV wanted him, Junior Siavii another guy DV wanted, hell you can go all the way back to William Bartee as guys the head coach wanted. Ironically, the 1 guy the head coach didn't want, Larry Johnson, has been the Chiefs best draft pick in quite awhile.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-02-2005, 07:55 AM
I'd love to have Fisher in KC...he's already worked with Gunther so they already have a chemistry established as well.

milkman
11-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Who would Al Saunders pick for OC, if Carl gave him the job?

Terry Shea.

But it ain't gonna happen.

Carl and Al don't really see eye to eye.

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 07:59 AM
I'd love to have Fisher in KC...he's already worked with Gunther so they already have a chemistry established as well.

JF can work w/ gunther as long as gunthers a position coach.

RedThat
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
If we hired Jeff Fisher, which Im not holding my breath for it to happen, even though Id love for it happen. I can assure though, you would see no more "career day" defenses, Gunther would probably be retained, Id also place my bets Chuck Cecil would be on our coaching staff. Our team wouldnt be as soft as it is now. A lot would change especially the defense.

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 08:08 AM
If we hired Jeff Fisher, which Im not holding my breath for it to happen, even though Id love for it happen. I can assure though, you would see no more "career day" defenses, Gunther would probably be retained, Id also place my bets Chuck Cecil would be on our coaching staff. Our team wouldnt be as soft as it is now. A lot would change especially the defense.

:rolleyes: gunther is a joke JF has a better eye for DC talent than the lameass
F-rs that run the office in KC.

RedThat
11-02-2005, 08:13 AM

I know. Im just saying hed probably still be here. After all, they worked together in Tennessee. Who knows, maybe GC wouldnt be the DC.

milkman
11-02-2005, 08:25 AM

I agree with Mo here.

If Fisher were available, which he won't, I'd be all over the idea of hiring him, unless hiring him also means retaining Gun as DC.

But it doesn't matter.
Carl will hire Hermie.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 08:28 AM
There's no guarentee Herman Edwards is even going to be fired.

milkman
11-02-2005, 08:35 AM
There's no guarentee Herman Edwards is even going to be fired.

I am steadfastly against seeing Hermie in KC as HC.

That very fact is almost a certain gaurantee that Hermie will be fired. :banghead:

RedThat
11-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Id like to see us go a different path. Hire a college head coach. I like Kirk Ferentz of Iowa.

*Doesnt matter anyway, Carl is doing the hiring. He'll probably mess this one up.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 08:38 AM
I am steadfastly against seeing Hermie in KC as HC.

That very fact is almost a certain gaurantee that Hermie will be fired. :banghead:

Ok, well who do you want to be the next head coach? Please pick someone realistic don't say like Bill Cowher or someone extremely unlikely to leave thier current job.

milkman
11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Ok, well who do you want to be the next head coach? Please pick someone realistic don't say like Bill Cowher or someone extremely unlikely to leave thier current job.

Some people have been talking about Mike Trcovic(sp), Panther DC.
I could get behind that.

I also wouldn't be opposed to the idea of giving Greg Williams another HC shot in KC.

CupidStunt
11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Do they have beer on Cloud 9?

Peterson will promote from within, ensuring Chiefs fans continue to suffer underachieving seasons that end in failure.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Some people have been talking about Mike Trcovic(sp), Panther DC.
I could get behind that.

I also wouldn't be opposed to the idea of giving Greg Williams another HC shot in KC.

Ah, Mark Trgovac, I wouldn't have a problem with that one, that's not a bad choice. Gregg Williams on the other hand, good DC crappy coach. Good friend of mine is a Bills fan I've heard enough to know I don't want him coaching my team.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
All you doubters who refuse to dream with me nlm

For the rest of of you. Heady days again for all.
https://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/02B7CD846E274A2EA60A8B3C1DEB0F85.JPG?

Mecca
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
All you doubters who refuse to dream with me nlm

For the rest of of you. Heady days again for all.
http://zdog19.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/arrowhead.jpg

Our next coach is going to be a Tripod? Or is he going to be hosted from the Tripod site?

milkman
11-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Ah, Mark Trgovac, I wouldn't have a problem with that one, that's not a bad choice. Gregg Williams on the other hand, good DC crappy coach. Good friend of mine is a Bills fan I've heard enough to know I don't want him coaching my team.

I would bet that Cleveland Browns fans probably were saying the same about Belichick after his stint there.

I'm not suggesting that Greg Williams is/will be as good as Belichick.

I am suggesting, however, that he may be a hell of a lot better than he appeared to be in Buffalo, but was limited by the team.

Joe Seahawk
11-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I predict KC's next head coach will be....

Karl Dorrell

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/16/167528.jpg

Mecca
11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
I think Gregg Williams is going to take over when Gibbs leaves the Redskins. So I'm not sure it would even be an easy task to get him.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
I predict KC's next head coach will be....

Karl Dorrell

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/16/167528.jpg

Ack! If this happens, I'm going to hunt you down.........

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-02-2005, 08:57 AM
I wonder what Rich Kotite is doing?

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Our next coach is going to be a Tripod? Or is he going to be hosted from the Tripod site?
fixed

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 09:02 AM

i heard him say in the early 90s & 00s that he would never come to KC because family obligations would take his mind off the task at hand.

bank it.

milkman
11-02-2005, 09:11 AM
i heard him say in the early 90s & 00s that he would never come to KC because family obligations would take his mind off the task at hand.

bank it.

If I bank it, he will come.

htismaqe
11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I don't want Jeff Fisher.

I want something fresh and new.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 09:15 AM

Like...........:hmmm:

Brock
11-02-2005, 09:15 AM
I want Joe Gibbs, with Ernie Accorsi as GM. I also want Eli Manning at QB.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM
I agree with Mo here.

If Fisher were available, which he won't, I'd be all over the idea of hiring him, unless hiring him also means retaining Gun as DC.

But it doesn't matter.
Carl will hire Hermie.

It may be a pipe dream but its fun to dream some times.

I'll bet you anything you want to that there is some "out" in Fishers contract. A buy out, something.

Seems that the fans are not happy maybe he will throw his hands up after having to deal with ungrateful fans.

Look at us. 12 years without a playoff win and we still have a rabid fan base. Seems to me that would be much more fun to be a coach for the Chiefs than the Titans.

Uatu
11-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Fisher is not going anywhere.

I don't think he's that great anyways.

Frosty
11-02-2005, 09:34 AM
How much do you want to bet it will be Wade Phillips. :shake: After all, he "knows the division".

I'm with Parker, I want some one fresh and enthusiastic. A Jim Mora, Jr or Jack Del Rio type. Unfortunately, I don't know who that would be.

dirk digler
11-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Fisher would be great but a definite no on Butch Davis.

Area 51
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
IF DV retires after this year and doesn't get fired (and there is no indication that he would), there is no way that the Chiefs will bring in any "NAME" coach from around the league.

What we will get is a guy that might be considered a potentially good coach, but it will take him a few years to build into it.

We could always get Chucky from Tampa! Hah!

Inspector
11-02-2005, 10:07 AM
I'd be very supportive of Fischer as our HC.

Unles he didn't win us a superbowl his first year. Then I'd be mad at him.

bkkcoh
11-02-2005, 10:13 AM
My wife wouldn't miss a Chief's game if he was our coach... :banghead:

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 10:27 AM

As do i. from the henhouse to the outhouse.

htismaqe
11-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Like...........:hmmm:

I'd rather have Butch Davis as Jeff Fisher. At least the last coach to fail like that in Cleveland went on to win 3 Super Bowls.

I'd prefer to get a college HC or NFL coordinator who has never been a head coach before...

I actually like Cam Cameron, the OC for the Chargers...

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2005, 11:00 AM

I've been hearing nothing but great things about Singletary and how he's going to be a helluva HC some day- I'd take a chance on him.He's a class act. That may be a good move...

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2005, 11:04 AM
I doubt Carl hires a head coach that doesn't have head coaching experience on the pro or college level. That would basically take Singletary out of the mix.You are probably right, and that is just ****ing stoopid...
:shake:

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I like Fisher.

I also like the thought of Greg Williams, IF Saunders, Gun, and Solari stay AND we dump the rest of the staff (at least the rest of the defensive staff.)

milkman
11-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I like Fisher.

I also like the thought of Greg Williams, IF Saunders, Gun, and Solari stay AND we dump the rest of the staff (at least the rest of the defensive staff.)

Could someone please explain to me why so many are so high on Gun?

He isn't a great DC.
He's, at best, inconsistent.

I could live with the idea of Solari, but when Dick goes, I want Gun to be right behind him out the door.

I want a DC that can actually adjust and adapt.

CoMoChief
11-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I will accept anyone who played on the '85 Bears team, Jeff Fisher included.

Jim Johnson would also be on my list.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Could someone please explain to me why so many are so high on Gun?

He isn't a great DC.
He's, at best, inconsistent.

I could live with the idea of Solari, but when Dick goes, I want Gun to be right behind him out the door.

I want a DC that can actually adjust and adapt.

I like Gun; I like what he's done with run defense.....he's a corner and another safety away from respectablitilty. Give him a DE and DT that are worth a shit, I'd bet he's back in the top ten--by this time next year. JMHO.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:20 AM
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/95/9/02_1_i.jpg

milkman
11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I like Gun; I like what he's done with run defense.....he's a corner and another safety away from respectablitilty. Give him a DE and DT that are worth a shit, I'd bet he's back in the top ten--by this time next year. JMHO.

Go back to the 90s and look at his defenses.

They'd be good one year, and bad the next.

He just doesn't seem to grasp the concept of in game, and in season, adjustments.

I want to rebuild this coaching staff from top to bottom.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/95/9/02_1_i.jpg

Heh....

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Go back to the 90s and look at his defenses.

They'd be good one year, and bad the next.

He just doesn't seem to grasp the concept of in game, and in season, adjustments.

I want to rebuild this coaching staff from top to bottom.

I wouldn't object strenuously to his departure, but I do like him--how about as LB coach then? ;)

ceebz
According to SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/11/02/truth.rumors.nfl/), Herm Edwards may be our next coach. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

Say it ain't so.

Saulbadguy
Heh....
I see you Mangino...and raise you: http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/1126/photo/g_mornhinweg_i.jpg

milkman
11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't object strenuously to his departure, but I do like him--how about as LB coach then? ;)

He can be a waterboy.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
According to SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/11/02/truth.rumors.nfl/), Herm Edwards may be our next coach. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

Say it ain't so.
I wouldn't mind Herm. What is so bad about him?

ceebz
11-02-2005, 11:28 AM

Well, I think he'd certainly bring a level of toughness this team hasn't seen since Marty left. However, I think he's one of the poorer gameday coaches in the league.

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 11:28 AM
I like Fisher.

Aint gonna happen. And if it did NO chance in hell GW would keep gun.

milkman
11-02-2005, 11:32 AM

Marty Clone.

chagrin
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Greg williams? Can we please not bring in another faliure to waste our talents!?!

Art Shell
Mike White
Joe Bugel
mike tice
chan gailey
al groh
ray rhodes

NO MORE RETREADS!

htismaqe
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Herm "mini-Marty" Edwards...

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
How about Frank Beamer?

milkman
11-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Greg williams? Can we please not bring in another faliure to waste our talents!?!

Art Shell
Mike White
Joe Bugel
mike tice
chan gailey
al groh
ray rhodes

NO MORE RETREADS!

For the most, I agree with you.

The difference is that most of these guys had enough time, with enough personel changeover to prove that their early failure wasn't just a symptom of poor talent, except for Art Shell.

Greg Williams, on the other hand, had 2 years, with a bad team with a poor talent base.

I sure wish the Patriots had the same mindset as you do, though.

B_Ambuehl
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I like Gun; I like what he's done with run defense.....he's a corner and another safety away from respectablitilty. Give him a DE and DT that are worth a shit, I'd bet he's back in the top ten--by this time next year. JMHO

And that's the problem with that defensive philosophy. It requires too many good and more importantly, expensive, players at too many positions. You need a DT and a DE that can both draw a double team. You need a stud MLB and 2 shutdown corners. One of the reason people are going away from that traditional 4-3 is because it's much easier to run a 3-4 and plug the middle with the fattest sumbitch you can find and rush the passer with a reject type outside linebacker like Steve Foley who you can find very easily and pay 600 K per year vs 20 mil per year for a very hard to find a rare pass rushing end type and a Warren Sapp type 3-technique DT who you need to run that scheme. It's more productive for your team to play cover 2 then piss away 20 mil on 2 shutdown corners since the difference in results with the new rules won't be that much to justify cost of shutdown corners anyway.

shaneo69
11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Fisher and Cowher are similar to Marty in that they've been with their current teams for over 10 years and still haven't won the big one. No thanks on those two.

Herm? He hired Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett to run his offense. 'Nuff said.

Greg Williams? His benching of Lavar Arrington was just stupid. I don't want anyone that is too stupid to play his best player.

Cam Cameron? He did a stellar job at U. of Indiana didn't he?

Kirk Ferentz? He brought the Iowa program back, but has he plateau'd?

Weis and Carroll? They've got a good thing going where they're at.

I used to be high on John Bunting, but he has been a failure at NC.

Singletary? Hasn't really made an impact in Frisco this year.

My two choices would probably come down to a current NFL coordinator---Ron Rivera, or a current college HC---Jeff Tedford.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Aint gonna happen. And if it did NO chance in hell GW would keep gun.

Why not?

How about Gun as a LB coach? ;)

chagrin
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM

The difference is that most of these guys had enough time, with enough personel changeover to prove that their early failure wasn't just a symptom of poor talent, except for Art Shell.

Solid, agreed

Greg Williams, on the other hand, had 2 years, with a bad team with a poor talent base.

He had Bledsoe, Travis Henry, Eric Mould, Peerless Price, etc. I have to, respectfully, disagree with you here. He did not motivate his team to do anything and he also drafted one O-Line dude from texas with the 3rd or 4th pick that year.

I must have missed something here, are you a Pats fan? I don't get it.

I don't mean that sarcastically, sorry I have taken alot of robitussin today for the cough from hell, and am a little out of it

Anyway, cheers

shaneo69
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
And that's the problem with that defensive philosophy. It requires too many good and more importantly, expensive, players at too many positions. You need a DT and a DE that can both draw a double team. You need a stud MLB and 2 shutdown corners. One of the reason people are going away from that traditional 4-3 is because it's much easier to run a 3-4 and plug the middle with the fattest sumbitch you can find and rush the passer with a reject type outside linebacker like Steve Foley who you can find very easily and pay 600 K per year vs 20 mil per year for a very hard to find a rare pass rushing end type and a Warren Sapp type 3-technique DT who you need to run that scheme. It's more productive for your team to play cover 2 then piss away 20 mil on 2 shutdown corners since the difference in results with the new rules won't be that much to justify cost of shutdown corners anyway.

Nice take, although the Chargers did need to go out and draft Shawne Merriman, and the Steelers haven't had a really great defense since Kevin Greene left. A 3-4 defense is going to be better against the run, but you need an absolute stud like DT rushing the passer, or you'll be bad against the pass.

milkman
11-02-2005, 12:12 PM

Solid, agreed

He had Bledsoe, Travis Henry, Eric Mould, Peerless Price, etc. I have to, respectfully, disagree with you here. He did not motivate his team to do anything and he also drafted one O-Line dude from texas with the 3rd or 4th pick that year.

I have never thought that highly of Bledsoe.
He played miserably in Buffalo.

Travis Henry...eh.
Solid, but not someone I'd build my team around.

Price, a good #2 receiver in the right system.

First round O-Linemen are still just rookies.

Moulds is the only one of these guys that you have to hang your hat on, IMO.

I must have missed something here, are you a Pats fan? I don't get it.

I don't mean that sarcastically, sorry I have taken alot of robitussin today for the cough from hell, and am a little out of it

Anyway, cheers

My point is that Belichick looked like a miserable excuse for a HC in his Cleveland stint.

Hell, I was laughing when the Pats hired him (and that whole Jets situation, too), but he got a second chance, and I ain't laughing now.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 12:23 PM
People who scream about no retreads forget a few things. That basically means you want a college coach who has no NFL experience at all. If that occurs he has no ties to coaches on the NFL level currently. So then all of the assitant coaches are all college coaches too.

There are only a handful of college coaches with ties to the NFL, Kirk Ferentz being the obvious example. Alot of the other college coaches won't be leaving unless it's their deam drop, Pete Carroll is the example here. Frank Beamer is a career college coach he'll never leave there.

As far as the comment about Herm Edwards being a poor gameday coach. Have you been watching the Chiefs since Vermiel has been here? They're as bad as anyone with gameday decisions.

MOhillbilly
11-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Why not?

How about Gun as a LB coach? ;)

you know.
and IF it were to happen gun as a position coach is possible.

and for those who think GW was a failure - i wouldnt go that far, i read that if he were to become a HC again he would be much more hands on in the coaching than he was in buffalo.

Red Dawg
11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I'd take Fisher for HC but no way do I want Herm

Abba-Dabba
11-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I will accept anyone who played on the '85 Bears team, Jeff Fisher included.

Ron Rivera

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Ron Rivera
huh?

Piper
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Herm "mini-Marty" Edwards...

That would be payback for us having Paul Hackett....

Brock
11-02-2005, 02:14 PM
huh?

He said RON RIVERA.

chagrin
11-02-2005, 02:22 PM
People who scream about no retreads forget a few things. That basically means you want a college coach who has no NFL experience at all. If that occurs he has no ties to coaches on the NFL level currently. So then all of the assitant coaches are all college coaches too.

"The following is in no way, meant to be mean spirited"

Nice semantics dude, are you sure you're not TJ?

You didn't read my screaming "NO RETREADS" meaning the sad sack SOB's I mentioned. Mornhinweg as well can be added to that. I understand the Bellichick (spelling?) didn't too well in Cleveland, but he still had an 11-5 season with them. greg (forgot his last name already) sucks as a head guy, he had enough talent to do something in Buffalo, that's my opinion. And the last thing we need is a current failure taking over. I am all for assistant coaches getting promoted, so find me a good one and let them have the job, but none of the f'ing retreads I mentioned are worthy (again, my opinion) of another chance.

So my term, generally used as a generality, was meant specifically for those I mentioned.

carry on.

htismaqe
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM

There are only a handful of college coaches with ties to the NFL, Kirk Ferentz being the obvious example. Alot of the other college coaches won't be leaving unless it's their deam drop, Pete Carroll is the example here. Frank Beamer is a career college coach he'll never leave there.

As far as the comment about Herm Edwards being a poor gameday coach. Have you been watching the Chiefs since Vermiel has been here? They're as bad as anyone with gameday decisions.

When I say no retreads, I mean nobody with ties to any previous KC coaching staff. No Cowher, no Herm, no Al Saunders.

Also, I fail to see how Vermeil's lack of good decision-making somehow excuses Edwards'.

Abba-Dabba
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
huh?

Part of the 85 Bears defense. Current Bears DC, 99-03 Philly LB coach.
Falls under the Jack Del Rio rule, too much upside to pass up on.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Part of the 85 Bears defense. Current Bears DC, 99-03 Philly LB coach.
Falls under the Jack Del Rio rule, too much upside to pass up on.

not on my radar but a good resume.

Abba-Dabba
11-02-2005, 03:34 PM
not on my radar but a good resume.

He is on alot of peoples radar. With all the possible HC vacancies next season, he is going to swiped up this next offseason. Might as well be us to take a chance on a up and coming young NFL coach.

Have you seen what he has done with the Bears defense? Just second in the NFL in points allowed, third in yards allowed, first in red-zone defense and fourth in third-down defense. Last year, his first year as DC for the Bears his defense broke Bears defensive records. That's amazing considering the defenses the Bears have fielded in past years.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 10:36 PM
He is on alot of peoples radar. With all the possible HC vacancies next season, he is going to swiped up this next offseason. Might as well be us to take a chance on a up and coming young NFL coach.

Have you seen what he has done with the Bears defense? Just second in the NFL in points allowed, third in yards allowed, first in red-zone defense and fourth in third-down defense. Last year, his first year as DC for the Bears his defense broke Bears defensive records. That's amazing considering the defenses the Bears have fielded in past years.

Fisher is a pipe dream so maybe I'll jump on this guy as my 2nd choice :hmmm:

Tribal Warfare
11-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Eric Mangini is my focus candidate, with all the sh*t that the Pat's have been through this guy still held a very formidable defense.