PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Vermiel - 11/2 from KCChiefs.com

shaneo69
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Q&A WITH COACH VERMEIL
Nov 02, 2005, 6:11:28 PM

Q: What’s the condition of Priest Holmes?

D. VERMEIL: “He’s going to get a second opinion, just to reassure himself. But all the tests came out fine and he had a big smile on his face this morning. He didn’t have a concussion, but he did get hit in the head. As of yesterday he still had a little bit of a headache. You get hit like that you get a headache. But we’re sending him for a second opinion just to make sure it’s all right.

“We’ve got to be healthy to be as good as we have in the past, but Priest Holmes is not going to have the same numbers that he had last year at the same time because he’s sharing with Larry Johnson. Between them we’ve got 10 touchdowns. If we weren’t doing that Priest Holmes might be very close to the same numbers he had last year. Last year at this time he had 180 carries for 833 yards and 13 touchdowns. But when you’re sharing the responsibility you’re never going to be as productive individually.

“Priest Holmes is not a big ego guy. I don’t feel he thinks every week he has to prove that he’s a fine football player. I think what he wants to do right now is stay healthy. The last couple of years he hasn’t been able to stay healthy and this has helped him.”

Q: Did he go out of town for this opinion?

VERMEIL: “He went to southern California – our neuro guy that we use out there.”

Q: Do you expect him to play on Sunday or is it too early to tell.

VERMEIL: “I expect him to play, I do. I’m not a doctor but I’ve been there before and seen these kinds of things before. I think it was good for Priest to go get complete peace of mind.”

Q: Is he due back tomorrow?

VERMEIL: “No, he gets the examination tomorrow and won’t be back until after practice.”

Q: If Priest doesn’t play and Larry (Johnson) has a nice game is it possible he could change your thinking about how you use the two?

VERMEIL: “No, no. Priest Holmes is our starting running back but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Larry Johnson had a great game if he did (start) because I’ve seen him do it before. But Priest Holmes is the starter and we know that situation and they know it. I have great confidence in Larry and know he can do a great job. He’s played against these guys before.”

Q: Larry has made it clear to everybody that it’s a situation that he’s tolerated, that he’s not at all happy with it but he’s…

VERMEIL: “I wouldn’t want him to be happy with it or content. I hope that all our backups are all unhappy at not starting. He’s handling it well.”

Q: So this is not a situation that you think could escalate?

VERMEIL: “Ah, no. I’ve got more important things to worry about than that. I think they’re doing a good job with it and we’ve won four football games and lost three and I don’t think we lost three because we were rotating two running backs and I think we’ve won a couple because we were.”

Q: You had a lot of other guys out today including Surtain and Warfield from your secondary?

VERMEIL: “The first three corners did not practice today. Hopefully, some of them will start working tomorrow. Hopefully, Dexter (McCleon) will be able to work tomorrow. Will Shields and Willie Roaf were held out today but I think they’ll both be ready by tomorrow.”

Q: How was Surtain’s knee today?

VERMEIL: “He said it feels pretty good. He had a big smile on his face so normally when a player has an injury and it’s an experienced guy who’s had injuries before and is smiling it means they feel pretty good about it.”

Q: Do you expect him to play or will you know more by the end of the week?

VERMEIL: “I think we’ll just have to wait and play it by ear. I think he’s questionable.”

Q: What about Warfield?

VERMEIL: “He’ll play.”

Q: How was practice today?

VERMEIL: “Ok, not outstanding but OK.”

Q: Why just OK?

VERMEIL: “Sometimes it’s the frame of mind I go on the field with.”

Q: Not having your quarterback, not having your top running back, not having your cornerback….

VERMEIL: “All those things are a distraction. There are a lot of things on my mind today, believe me.”

Q: Would it be rude to ask what’s on your….

VERMEIL: “It wouldn’t be rude but you wouldn’t get an answer.”

Q: What about Samie Parker?

VERMEIL: “He’s still out I think. These young guys get injuries and it takes them a little longer than the veterans to get back and going. Plus, when it’s your knee it’s a little bit different than a shoulder.”

Q: Are you frustrated with that situation?

VERMEIL: “I’m always frustrated with those kinds of things, more so with younger players because it usually takes them longer.”

Q: Dexter McCleon would seem to be a guy who would come back before he’s ready.

VERMEIL: “He has enough experience not to do that because he’s had some problems there before at training camp. He did a little work today and I think he’ll do more tomorrow.”

Q: Could Bartee move back to corner if he had to?

VERMEIL: “If he had to, but I would not want him to because, right now, he’s backing up both safety positions. I think he’s ready to play safety and play it well. I watch him on the field and he flashes with great confidence.”

Q: Are you stressing the importance of being 5-3 as opposed to 4-4?

VERMEIL: “Oh yeah. To go to the turn at 5-3 would be a real plus for us or anybody in this league today. There are so many different ways to lose a football game and if you or anybody else could turn at 5-3 they’d have to feel good because the next eight games drop right off the calendar. They go by fast. The later part of our schedule is the only part of our schedule that we were given a break at any time this year. We play four out of the next five games on the road and then we end up with four of the last six at home. We play the last two at home so somewhere you have to take advantage of a break you get on that calendar.”

Q: But the schedule’s a lot tougher at the end of the year, isn’t it?

VERMEIL: “It looked tough to me the whole time. That’s why it was rated the number three or four toughest schedule in football prior to the season even starting. But now it’s started it’s even tougher.”

Q: What approach do you think the Raiders will take covering Tony Gonzalez this weekend? In the past the Raiders have used a cornerback to cover him.

VERMEIL: “I’d like to believe we do enough things to create problems with Tony, and he’s only two receptions short of where he was last year at this same time. Last year he had 34 (catches) and right now he has 32. What we appreciate about Tony is how serious he is about the running game and playing his role, not concerns for Pro Bowls or being the number one tight end. All he wants to do is win.”

Q: What’s the state of your defense?

VERMEIL: “It’s better but it’s an ever growing process of getting better. You just don’t all of a sudden become a great defense. But we have done some things better than we have done in the past: stopping the run is better and forcing people to throw the ball more. We’ve been ahead more and people have had to play catch-up football. That’ll test your numbers. But irrespective of that, we’re not where we’d like to be but we’d like to think we’re making progress.”

Q: How much more explosive is Oakland’s attack now since you first played them?

VERMEIL: “I think we’ve both scored about the same amount of points – both teams. They have superior weapons than most people have. They have a great running back and two great wide receivers and not many people have two great wide receivers. The Rams have a couple of wide receivers like that. Not many times do and Kerry Collins is throwing the ball well and maybe more productively and efficiently than he has at any time in his career.”

Q: How important is Jerry Porter’s success to the Raiders offense?

VERMEIL: “I think any offense when you have a skilled player like he is, once they start getting him the ball more often he makes more plays. That’s all there is to it. But he has other skilled people in his offense too, and they only have one ball per snap. You can’t get it to everybody every snap. Sometime we get accused of not getting the ball to Dante Hall, not getting the ball to Gonzalez enough, not getting the ball to this guy. Well, you only have one football per snap and sometimes coverages don’t allow you to get the ball to the guy you want to get it to.

“But we have great respect for Porter and that whole group and the quarterback is throwing the ball well: 10 touchdowns and two interceptions. They’re doing a great job.”

Q: How much emphasis do you put on this game with the Raiders?

VERMEIL: “It’s hard to single out one game as more important especially within the division. This is an important game for us because it’s a home game; it’s a division game. The next two weeks we’re on the road.

“After this game and the next two we’ve been through a part of the schedule that’s been very demanding and like our first four games. At the end of our schedule we’ve got four of six games at home. So we’ve got to play well regardless if it’s the Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos or San Diego Chargers. We went out to San Diego and got beat last week and we hurt our chances within our division. Now, should we make the Raiders any more critical than any other game because they’re the Oakland Raiders? No, because they’re a division team.

“I just respect other organizations and how they do them and (Raiders) have won more Super Bowls than I have.

Q: So the rivalry between the Chiefs and Raiders doesn’t exist?

VERMEIL: “No, it exists. I’m the head coach but I’m probably not as good at it as Marty (Schottenheimer) was in building any other factors other than it’s a division game at home and you’ve got to play well to beat the Raiders.

“Right now it looks like Denver is playing better than all of us with their win-loss record. Look at San Diego and the schedule they’ve had and how they’ve fared after their ballgames. You look at the Raiders and how they’re coming on. We’re fortunate to have beaten them. You’ve got to stay healthy and number two you’ve got to help the best you can to keep the focus of your football team on improving every week and remaining competitive every down. It takes good football coaches, good players and some good fortune.”

OldTownChief
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I've gotten to where I can't even bring myself to read his shit anymore.

CosmicPal
11-02-2005, 08:16 PM
VERMEIL: “All those things are a distraction. There are a lot of things on my mind today, believe me.”

Q: Would it be rude to ask what’s on your….

VERMEIL: “It wouldn’t be rude but you wouldn’t get an answer.”

What do you suppose is bothering him? If he's frustrated and distracted and overwhelmed, then maybe it's time to call it quits?

HolmeZz
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
"stopping the run is better and forcing people to throw the ball more."

Way to spin that one, Dick.

philfree
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
What do you suppose is bothering him? If he's frustrated and distracted and overwhelmed, then maybe it's time to call it quits?

If you're an NFL coach or a coach of any kind if you don't have concerns about every game then you don't care or you're dead. AFter a loss if you're a coach and it doesn't bother you and you're not frustrated then you're in the wrong occupation. That's the job. As far as being overwhelmed that's something you threw into the mix because.......well obviously you don't like DV. There ain't nothing wrong with that Q&A.

PhilFree:arrow:

StcChief
11-02-2005, 08:29 PM
It's all a bunch of BS. Do you expect him to say anything.

These reporters are just going thru the motions.
So is DV

CosmicPal
11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
If you're an NFL coach or a coach of any kind if you don't have concerns about every game then you don't care or you're dead. AFter a loss if you're a coach and it doesn't bother you and you're not frustrated then you're in the wrong occupation. That's the job. As far as being overwhelmed that's something you threw into the mix because.......well obviously you don't like DV. There ain't nothing wrong with that Q&A.

False. I actually like DV.

If you read the statement again, it sounds like there is something he isn't telling the public. "There's a lot of things on my mind today, believe me..."

I agree I may be putting too much emphasis on it, but to me it sounds like desperation. Something I'm not familiar with when it comes to DV.

TrickyNicky
11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Or maybe he just had a case of the ole IBS today?

You never know. Perhaps the whole situation with Trent's father has him worried.

OldTownChief
11-02-2005, 08:33 PM

It's not so much what he says that bothers me (except for his constant babbling about McPissOn). It's what he does.

philfree
11-02-2005, 08:36 PM
"stopping the run is better and forcing people to throw the ball more."

Way to spin that one, Dick.

Well normally that's better but since we can't stop the pass when we need to it's a mixed bag. Compared to last year and the year before it is an improvement.

What a bunch of nit pickin :)

philfree
11-02-2005, 08:44 PM
False. I actually like DV.

If you read the statement again, it sounds like there is something he isn't telling the public. "There's a lot of things on my mind today, believe me..."

I agree I may be putting too much emphasis on it, but to me it sounds like desperation. Something I'm not familiar with when it comes to DV.

Let's see......Holmes is questionable, Green is going to he's fathers funeral, our 3 best CBs are dinged and Shields and Roaf both sat out pratice and weren't doing a good job blocking the last game anyways.......

Didn't sound desperate to me as much as honest but he does have his reasons to be concerned. I'm concerned.

OldTownChief
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Let's see......Holmes is questionable, Green is going to he's fathers funeral, our 3 best CBs are dinged and Shields and Roaf both sat out pratice and weren't doing a good job blocking the last game anyways.......

Didn't sound desperate to me as much as honest but he does have his reasons to be concerned. I'm concerned.

Nothing like a game with the Raiders in Arrowhead to lift the teams spirits.

tk13
11-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Nice effort there by a reporter or two to create a RB controversy. This is why you don't get anything of substance out of these press conferences in the first place.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Nice effort there by a reporter or two to create a RB controversy. This is why you don't get anything of substance out of these press conferences in the first place.This is one time the media isn't trying to create something out of nothing. LJ complained again today about the situation, and even went as far as insinuating he wants to play somewhere else.

" So I'm not even going to try that route. I'm going to play it out and whatever teams open up that want me, a lot of teams out there that don't have good rushers. So whatever opportunities open up for me.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-scoring&prov=ap&type=lgns

We can kiss Larry Johnson goodbye. I'd like to think we might get something good in trade, but recent history says that teams aren't willing to give up much even for great backs, let alone relatively untested ones.

philfree
11-02-2005, 09:24 PM
This is one time the media isn't trying to create something out of nothing. LJ complained again today about the situation, and even went as far as insinuating he wants to play somewhere else.

" So I'm not even going to try that route. I'm going to play it out and whatever teams open up that want me, a lot of teams out there that don't have good rushers. So whatever opportunities open up for me.''

We can kiss Larry Johnson goodbye. I'd like to think we might get something good in trade, but recent history says that teams aren't willing to give up much even for great backs, let alone relatively untested ones.

There's alot of good RBs in the league right now so LJs not really in the drivers seat. I don't know his contract stipulations...when does he become an UFA? After 4 years in the league? He's locked in for another year and after that he'll be the man in KCs backfield if not before depending on Holmes health. In regards to this quote we don't know what he was responding to when he said "So I'm not even going that route." His statement has no meaning without knowing what the stimuli was that garnered it. edit(I shoulda read the link first but at least he's learned that he can't force the issue.) I like having a hungry backup. It means that when he gets his chances he's gonna give it his all to show everybody he's right.

tk13
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
This is one time the media isn't trying to create something out of nothing. LJ complained again today about the situation, and even went as far as insinuating he wants to play somewhere else.

Well, even that's gonna be driven in the ground because reporters are gonna ask about it every damn day for eternity.

tk13
11-02-2005, 09:28 PM
There's alot of good RBs in the league right now so LJs not really in the drivers seat. I don't know his contract stipulations...when does he become an UFA? After 4 years in the league? He's locked in for another year and after that he'll be the man in KCs backfield if not before depending on Holmes health. In regards to this quote we don't know what he was responding to when he said "So I'm not even going that route." His statement has no meaning without knowing what the stimuli was that garnered it.

Franchise tag. He's not going anywhere.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
There's alot of good RBs in the league right now so LJs not really in the drivers seat. I don't know his contract stipulations...when does he become an UFA? After 4 years in the league? He's locked in for another year and after that he'll be the man in KCs backfield if not before depending on Holmes health. In regards to this quote we don't know what he was responding to when he said "So I'm not even going that route." His statement has no meaning without knowing what the stimuli was that garnered it.

PhilFree:arrow:What? Did you read the article linked? It is blatantly clear what he is talking about.

As far as his contract, we have him for 7 years. But he wouldn't be the first NFL player to not honor a contract. It doesn't do us any good to have his "title" if he refuses to play for us.

I've been saying this since the diaper comment. The Larry Johnson/KC relationship is screwed. He won't play for us if there is any way he can get out of it.

I don't know how we could have handled it differently, but keeping him off the field for the first year and a half of his career started that boat sinking before it even set sail.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Franchise tag. He's not going anywhere.Great. Another Dan Williams.

Either way, we lose.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, even that's gonna be driven in the ground because reporters are gonna ask about it every damn day for eternity.You make it sound like they are fabricating a story. This has been a clusterf*ck since day 1, and it's snowballed ever since.

I'm suprised it's not discussed more in the media.

philfree
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
What? Did you read the article linked? It is blatantly clear what he is talking about.

As far as his contract, we have him for 7 years. But he wouldn't be the first NFL player to not honor a contract. It doesn't do us any good to have his "title" if he refuses to play for us.

I've been saying this since the diaper comment. The Larry Johnson/KC relationship is screwed. He won't play for us if there is any way he can get out of it.

I don't know how we could have handled it differently, but keeping him off the field for the first year and a half of his career started that boat sinking before it even set sail.

See my edited post.......

IMO we miss what Blaylock added to our offense even though he wasn't ever going to be a replacement for Holmes. Can't keep'em all I guess.

tk13
11-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I think it's screwed if Al Saunders becomes head coach. If anyone else does I think things could change. Unless he has a real disdain for Carl that we don't know about...

tk13
11-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Great. Another Dan Williams.

Either way, we lose.
I don't know, I don't think he'd go Dan Williams and quit. He hasn't had any trouble showing up and playing hard. The only real problem I've had with the guy was I thought he was being a total baby about the diaper comment, which kinda made the diaper comment fitting in the first place. He's shown up and played hard though... if he stopped doing that there'd be some issues.

philfree
11-02-2005, 09:38 PM
You make it sound like they are fabricating a story. This has been a clusterf*ck since day 1, and it's snowballed ever since.

It hasn't hurt our O in the least except missing Blaylocks recieving skills. Seems to me the that LJ has played his ass off since Diaper Gate. That begs the question. Was it bad coaching or good coaching?

stevieray
11-02-2005, 09:38 PM
You make it sound like they are fabricating a story. This has been a clusterf*ck since day 1, and it's snowballed ever since.

In reality, what's he supposed to say? He's happy sitting on the bench?

The media always tries to make "it" about the player before the team.

No wonder fans and players have no sense of loyalty.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I think it's screwed if Al Saunders becomes head coach. If anyone else does I think things could change. Unless he has a real disdain for Carl that we don't know about...I think that may be our one shot to keep him, and keep him happy. But I think the retirement of Holmes would probably have to accompany it.

And I do think he would go Dan Williams. He's a 5 star red ass, just looking for another reason to be pissed at the world. I could totally see him holding out. And to be honest, I don't blame him. He's getting screwed out of the prime of his career.

Brock
11-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Great. Another Dan Williams.

Either way, we lose.

He is just another running back. James, Alexander, etc., are not getting the love they think they should. They just have to shut up and play.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
In reality, what's he supposed to say? He's happy sitting on the bench?

The media always tries to make "it" about the player before the team.

No wonder fans and players have no sense of loyalty.I'm not claiming that he should say something different.

I believe he's justified in being pissed at his situation and this organization. I don't think the Chiefs had much choice in the way they've handled it though, other than a few minor things that wouldn't have changed the end result.

dirk digler
11-02-2005, 09:46 PM
This is year 3 for LJ in a 7-yr contract. I think LJ will be fine once this coaching regime hits the road because he will become the full time back IMO.

stevieray
11-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm not claiming that he should say something different.

I believe he's justified in being pissed at his situation and this organization. I don't think the Chiefs had much choice in the way they've handled it though, other than a few minor things that wouldn't have changed the end result.

Larry is one play from being the starter. It's almost guaranteed he'll be the starter next year. If that's not good enough, more power to him somewhere else. He has the right to do that. I find it hard to believe a guy would give it his all when he doesn't want to be on a team to begin with.

To me, everytime he says this, he's dissing Priest. Who, as usual, has handled the situation like a pro.

philfree
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
The one thing about this situation that hasn't been brought up is that after we traded down in that draft no other team drafted LJ before our pick was up again. The 27th pick wasn't it?(Correct me if I'm wrong.) Nothing wrong with a little attitude but perhaps he should be mad at all those teams who passed him up instead of the Chiefs.

CosmicPal
11-03-2005, 12:22 AM

You're absolutely right. I guess I was reading into it too much.

penchief
11-03-2005, 07:10 AM
It hasn't hurt our O in the least except missing Blaylocks recieving skills. Seems to me the that LJ has played his ass off since Diaper Gate. That begs the question. Was it bad coaching or good coaching?

He didn't get a chance before Vermeil's assinine comment. Nice try but Vermeil has totally screwed the pooch when it comes to LJ.

penchief
11-03-2005, 07:14 AM
Larry is one play from being the starter. It's almost guaranteed he'll be the starter next year. If that's not good enough, more power to him somewhere else. He has the right to do that. I find it hard to believe a guy would give it his all when he doesn't want to be on a team to begin with.

To me, everytime he says this, he's dissing Priest. Who, as usual, has handled the situation like a pro.

Priest is in the position to be the classy one. He's not the one getting dissed. Based on performance, he's been getting preferential treatment for a 32 year old back with declining skills.

Hell yeah, he can afford to be humble and classy.

stevieray
11-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Priest is in the position to be the classy one. He's not the one getting dissed. Based on performance, he's been getting preferential treatment for a 32 year old back with declining skills.

Hell yeah, he can afford to be humble and classy.

:rolleyes:

jspchief
11-03-2005, 07:19 AM

Hell yeah, he can afford to be humble and classy.I agree. Larry Johnson has a very good excuse to smack women around. He's not being treated fairly.

You want to argue why LJ should start? Fine, go ahead.

You want to start comparing class? Don't go there. LJ couldn't carry Holmes' dirty jock when it comes to class.

penchief
11-03-2005, 07:32 AM
I agree. Larry Johnson has a very good excuse to smack women around. He's not being treated fairly.

You want to argue why LJ should start? Fine, go ahead.

You want to start comparing class? Don't go there. LJ couldn't carry Holmes' dirty jock when it comes to class.

First off, I'm talking about this specific situation. Who's happy and who's not. Priest should be happy. He's getting preferential treatment. LJ should be unhappy. He's outperforming Priest and getting held back.

When it comes to this situation Priest can afford to be classy because he's not the one getting screwed. I personally believe the he has a bit of manipulation in him. Starting with his contract and injury. He did what was best for Priest and got what he wanted. The team was in the dark and had to draft a RB. He clearly manipulated that situation. I'm not so sure his "I'm a humble guy" routine is all that. The dude knows LJ should be getting more playing time yet he's content to be the recipient of favoritism. He even tries to justify it. That's where the humbleness pays off I guess.

stevieray
11-03-2005, 07:33 AM
First off, I'm talking about this specific situation. Who's happy and who's not. Priest should be happy. He's getting preferential treatment. LJ should be unhappy. He's outperforming Priest and getting held back.

When it comes to this situation Priest can afford to be classy because he's not the one getting screwed. I personally believe the he has a bit of manipulation in him. Starting with his contract and injury. He did what was best for Priest and got what he wanted. The team was in the dark and had to draft a RB. He clearly manipulated that situation. I'm not so sure his "I'm a humble guy" routine is all that. The dude knows LJ should be getting more playing time yet he's content to be the recipient of favoritism. He even tries to justify it. That's where the humbleness pays off I guess.

ROFL

jspchief
11-03-2005, 07:42 AM

When it comes to this situation Priest can afford to be classy because he's not the one getting screwed. I personally believe the he has a bit of manipulation in him. Starting with his contract and injury. He did what was best for Priest and got what he wanted. The team was in the dark and had to draft a RB. He clearly manipulated that situation. I'm not so sure his "I'm a humble guy" routine is all that. The dude knows LJ should be getting more playing time yet he's content to be the recipient of favoritism. He even tries to justify it. That's where the humbleness pays off I guess.How the hell did he manipulate his contract situation? He was making just a little bit over league minimum coming off of two Pro Bowl seasons. He got injured, told the coaches he would recover, and still wanted a new contract (which he completely deserved). The coaches didn't believe him, and drafted LJ. Holmes said he would be ready to go, and he was. It's not his fault the front office didn't believe it. How is that manipulation?

As for his "humble guy routine"... Do you have any idea the path Holmes has taken to get here? Do you understand that Holmes has been in LJ's situation through both college and the Pros? He's been in LJ's shoes, and worse, and always handled it with class. I suggest you watch the Beyond the Glory about Priest Holmes, before you start spouting off about sh*t that you know nothing about.

Seriously, your man crush on LJ is making you retarded.

penchief
11-03-2005, 07:47 AM
How the hell did he manipulate his contract situation? He was making just a little bit over league minimum coming off of two Pro Bowl seasons. He got injured, told the coaches he would recover, and still wanted a new contract (which he completely deserved). The coaches didn't believe him, and drafted LJ. Holmes said he would be ready to go, and he was. It's not his fault the front office didn't believe it. How is that manipulation?

As for his "humble guy routine"... Do you have any idea the path Holmes has taken to get here? Do you understand that Holmes has been in LJ's situation through both college and the Pros? He's been in LJ's shoes, and worse, and always handled it with class. I suggest you watch the Beyond the Glory about Priest Holmes, before you start spouting off about sh*t that you know nothing about.

Seriously, your man crush on LJ is making you retarded.

I just want to see the dude get a fair chance to run the ball. That's all. Waiting his turn would be appropriate if he hadn't already earned that right. Like I said, the better coaches in this league would be handling this situation far differently than our beloved Vermeil.

Justify it anyway you want, LJ has been the better back.