PDA

View Full Version : Game: NCAA March Madness 2006

royr17
11-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Anyone got this game yet or have played it ?

I get paid this Friday so I'm thinkin of pickin this game up. Would it be worth my money. Is it a good game. From the previews it looks pretty good.

And does anybody else have the reviews on this game ?

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Heard it sucked. I'll wait for the ESPN version.

Hammock Parties
11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
I WISH I COULD PLAY

royr17
11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Is the free throws on the ESPN version hard to do ?

royr17
11-03-2005, 08:35 AM
I WISH I COULD PLAY

You dont wanna play this gochiefs, this is BASKETBALL not Football.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Is the free throws on the ESPN version hard to do ?
???

Free throws are easy to do on both of them.

Hammock Parties
11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
You dont wanna play this gochiefs, this is BASKETBALL not Football.

NO I WANT TO PLAY AND I CAN'T! DAMMIT! I SUCK!

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Here is a review:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/659/659495p1.html

They give it a good score. I'll probably rent it and rip it to my hard drive.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Here is a review:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/659/659495p1.html

They give it a good score. I'll probably rent it and rip it to my hard drive.

You thief! Actually I'll probably be waiting on buying games now since the 360 is just about ready to come out.

Lzen
11-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Hmm, I haven't played MM for a couple years. Last version I had was 2003(or was it 2004?). I always enjoyed playing it. It definitely had its flaws, but I'm sure they've made some improvements since then. I'll definitely be checking it out. Probably not until next year, though. I'm still into NCAA Football 2006 right now. :)

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in the Games forum?

royr17
11-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Hmm, I haven't played MM for a couple years. Last version I had was 2003(or was it 2004?). I always enjoyed playing it. It definitely had its flaws, but I'm sure they've made some improvements since then. I'll definitely be checking it out. Probably not until next year, though. I'm still into NCAA Football 2006 right now. :)

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in the Games forum?

It'll probably end up gettin moved over there, but if it does then it wont ever get viewed.

Thats why I dont really like the Games Forum.

Sully
11-03-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm not buying any more games till I get my 360. But this one is at the top of my list.

royr17
11-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Well it's officially been determined, im buying this game, Batmin Begins Movie, and a new controller tomorrow night.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Well it's officially been determined, im buying this game, Batmin Begins Movie, and a new controller tomorrow night.

You're just made of money aren't you?

royr17
11-03-2005, 09:36 AM
You're just made of money aren't you?

Well you are when you dont have any bills to pay.

cookster50
11-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Other than your "girlfriend", what does she charge again, $100 per hour?

royr17
11-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Other than your "girlfriend", what does she charge again, $100 per hour?

She dont charge me a penny.

Besides im buyin her a cable for her tv and puttin gas in her car tomorrow.

Rain Man
11-03-2005, 10:56 AM

If you invested this money in a growth stock instead and left it alone until you were 65, it would generate a monthly pension of $6 a month for the rest of your life.

Iowanian
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM

"hey daddy....thats for all this light...it sure is nice to read with"

Eleazar
11-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm not buying any more games until I can get a 360 either.

But I have last year's EA March Madness game and thought it sucked. Barely played it.

Hopefully they got rid of that horrid band music too.

The Bad Guy
11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
She dont charge me a penny.

Besides im buyin her a cable for her tv and puttin gas in her car tomorrow.

Are you buying her a moon pie too?

royr17
11-03-2005, 11:58 AM

But I have last year's EA March Madness game and thought it sucked. Barely played it.

Im trying to decide whether to get this game or NBA Live 2006.

royr17
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Are you buying her a moon pie too?

Nope, do you buy your woman moon pies ?

Iowanian
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
rent them.....then get the one you like better.

The money will still be there if you don't spend it.

You could always try saving some...for your future, a rainy day, a car, a house, an unexpected expense, a date...

Mecca
11-03-2005, 12:03 PM

I bought the ESPN one last year.

royr17
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I bought the ESPN one last year.

And how did you like it ?

royr17
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I hated where they changed the players looks, now players looks are shit.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Actually the last 2 years I've bought ESPN's college game. I liked it more than EA's game which I rented to see how it was.

GoTrav
11-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Actually the last 2 years I've bought ESPN's college game. I liked it more than EA's game which I rented to see how it was.

same bought the NBA version of ESPN last year too. Enjoyed both. I enjoy the college video game more than the pro. I haven't played the LIVE series in a few years though...you can't really go wrong with the ESPN price tags. I grabbed their Hockey game this year too, which isn't bad for 20 bucks.

Still...waiting for 360 before I grab anything.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
same bought the NBA version of ESPN last year too. Enjoyed both. I enjoy the college video game more than the pro. I haven't played the LIVE series in a few years though...you can't really go wrong with the ESPN price tags. I grabbed their Hockey game this year too, which isn't bad for 20 bucks.

Still...waiting for 360 before I grab anything.

I hope you're getting the good version of the 360, on reserve I take it.

GoTrav
11-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I hope you're getting the good version of the 360, on reserve I take it.

good version? Haven't reserved it yet...

Mecca
11-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Without a reservation you're going to have a problem getting one when it first comes out.

Microsoft is releasing a 300 and 400 dollar version of the 360 is what I was referring to. The 400 dollar one comes with about 200 dollars worth of stuff more, hence why I called it the good one.

Lzen
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM

Admit it. You just gave up because Kansas kept kicking your Tiggers asses. :) Am I right? :D

GoTrav
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Without a reservation you're going to have a problem getting one when it first comes out.

Microsoft is releasing a 300 and 400 dollar version of the 360 is what I was referring to. The 400 dollar one comes with about 200 dollars worth of stuff more, hence why I called it the good one.

didn't realize...saw that the pre-orders at Blockbuster were 100 bucks down for the 399.99 360. I was going to trade in my old x-box, controllers and games since I won't use it anymore...unless the wife wants it as a cheap DVD player, which is what my PS2 is doing now.

Just need to get up there and do it...soon.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I am kinding of holding off because the game takes FOREVER to load, and simulate games. Probably because they have over 330 College teams. Anymore, the sports games being released are being limited by the hardware available to them (PS2, Xbox). Can't wait till the PS3 is released.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 12:23 PM
didn't realize...saw that the pre-orders at Blockbuster were 100 bucks down for the 399.99 360. I was going to trade in my old x-box, controllers and games since I won't use it anymore...unless the wife wants it as a cheap DVD player, which is what my PS2 is doing now.

Ah yea Blockbuster is still taking them. The 399 one is the one you want. If you were to buy the 299 one you don't even get the hard drive which is going to be 100 dollars by itself to purchase seperatly. They also give you a whole lot of other stuff with the 399 one it's just a much better purchase.

GoTrav
11-03-2005, 12:23 PM
World Beer Tour. Able to recommend a good Vanilla Stout? I use to drink the one from Gravity Brewing when they were still around. I had one at Old Chicago too that was out of Colorado IIRC.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I am kinding of holding off because the game takes FOREVER to load, and simulate games. Probably because they have over 330 College teams. Anymore, the sports games being released are being limited by the hardware available to them (PS2, Xbox). Can't wait till the PS3 is released.

Are you being a Sony fanboy and not getting a 360?

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
World Beer Tour. Able to recommend a good Vanilla Stout? I use to drink the one from Gravity Brewing when they were still around. I had one at Old Chicago too that was out of Colorado IIRC.
Not yet. Didn't you see..2 down, 108 to go! :)

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Are you being a Sony fanboy and not getting a 360?
Yeah, i guess. Might take a stab at the Nintendo Revolution as well.

cookster50
11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
You could always try saving some...an unexpected expense, ...
Please, don't say it! NOOOO!! Not a Roy JR JR!!!!

GoTrav
11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Not yet. Didn't you see..2 down, 108 to go! :)

could have gotten lucky :)

so you've yet to leave Missouri on your world beer tour? ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
could have gotten lucky :)

so you've yet to leave Missouri on your world beer tour? ROFL
Wednesday nights they have 2 featured beers that are $1.00 off regular price, so i'm sticking with whats cheaper. Here is what I had last night...:
http://www.pointbeer.com/images/white_bottle.gif
and
http://www.pointbeer.com/images/amber_bottle.gif

Both out of Wisconsin. Not bad, I liked the Belgian white a bit better than the amber.

Eleazar
11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Thought this was interesting:

Microsoft Corp. is likely to win the next round of the game console fight against Sony Corp. based on a potentially huge cost difference that could see the Xbox 360 selling for half the price of a PlayStation 3 (PS3) by the end of next year, investment firm Merrill Lynch said in a Wednesday analysis.

Based on a breakdown of the parts being used inside the two game machines, Merrill Lynch said the “PS3 will not only be significantly more costly than Xbox 360 at launch, but will continue to operate at a cost disadvantage for several years.”

The investment banker said Sony’s PS3 is an impressive machine, but the costly components inside could raise the price of a PS3 to around US$500 when it launches in the spring of 2006. By then, the Xbox 360 could be selling for US$249, Merrill Lynch estimated.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. could not be reached for comment due to a public holiday in Japan.

Microsoft has announced two versions of the Xbox 360, a basic version for US$300 and a premium edition for US$400.

The lower cost could put as many as 10 million Xbox 360 game machines into users’ hands by the end of 2006, said Merrill Lynch.

“As volumes ramp up, Microsoft should see an improved ability to lower hardware costs,” said Merrill Lynch, making the Xbox 360 an even better deal for users. It would also encourage game developers to put their latest titles out more quickly, to capture the huge audience.

The biggest cost issue for the PS3 is the Cell processor, Merrill Lynch said. Although Sony hopes the new microprocessor architecture could find its way into many new products beyond just the PS3, thereby lowering its per chip cost, Merrill Lynch believes the Cell won’t gain much ground in other markets.

“Processor architectures have been in consolidation mode for the last 5 years, and we think it’s going to be difficult for Sony to find takers for Cell outside of the PS3,” the investment banking firm said.

One recent example of such consolidation was Apple Computer Inc.’s June decision to move its Macintosh computers to Intel Corp. processors by the end of 2007. The computer maker has been using PowerPC chips developed by IBM Corp. and Freescale Semiconductor Inc. for the past decade.

Heavy research costs and expensive manufacturing could cause the Cell to cost about US$160 per chip initially, Merrill Lynch said, compared to the US$100 for the PowerPC chips used in the Xbox 360.

The Blu-ray drive planned for the PS3 will also add about a US$75 cost disadvantage, Merrill Lynch said, compared to the DVD-ROM drive Microsoft plans to install in the Xbox 360.

Merrill Lynch also highlighted Sony’s weaker financial situation compared to the strong position at Microsoft Corp.

“All of this might not matter were Sony in a position to take large losses on the PS3, but the company’s financial situation raises questions about just how much money Sony is going to be willing to lose,” the investment firm said.

Meanwhile, Microsoft has a less expensive game console and likely a six-month lead over the PS3 in getting to market, Merrill Lynch said. Microsoft plans to launch the Xbox 360 on Nov. 22 in the U.S., followed by Europe on Dec. 2 and Japan on Dec. 10.

You have to be quite a fanboy to wait 5-6 months to buy a competing system that costs twice as much.

TRR
11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
I bought ESPN's college basketball last year, and I love it. I am actually still playing it.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Thought this was interesting:

You have to be quite a fanboy to wait 5-6 months to buy a competing system that costs twice as much.
Wouldn't call myself a fanboy..just not going to jump on the 360 just yet. If the PS3 is $500 at release I will definately not buy it.

shakesthecat
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Wednesday nights they have 2 featured beers that are $1.00 off regular price, so i'm sticking with whats cheaper. Here is what I had last night...:

Both out of Wisconsin. Not bad, I liked the Belgian white a bit better than the amber.

Point Amber and White Biere..... WTF?
If that's not putting lipstick on a pig, I don't know what is.

What's next, Grain Belt Pale Ale?

Eleazar
11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't call myself a fanboy..just not going to jump on the 360 just yet. If the PS3 is $500 at release I will definately not buy it.

Yeah, I never buy a new system rigth when it comes out. I'll probably wait for the price decline after the first of the year and the initial rush and holiday season are over.

I'm sure there will be a price drop to further put the screws on Sony when their system comes out.

Saulbadguy
Its required drinking.

Mecca
I'll likely end up with all 3 of them as I usually do. I don't think they can charge more than Microsoft does. If Sony does that they're begging people to not buy their system.

As of now, I'm not even sure the PS3 will be any better. It has more hardware, but this current X-Box has more than the PS2 and alot of people prefer the PS2. Most of the PS3 footage I've seen is all prerendered video stuff so I'm gonna hold my breath on what it really looks like.

Eleazar
11-03-2005, 01:23 PM
...this current X-Box has more than the PS2 and alot of people prefer the PS2.

I have never had any idea why. I've owned both and the xbox owns it.

No buying piles of memory cards, not nearly the disk read time, hard disk comes standard, network adapter for online play comes standard, xbox live, etc. I can't really think of anything the PS2 has on it.

Mecca
11-03-2005, 01:27 PM

No buying piles of memory cards, not nearly the disk read time, hard disk comes standard, network adapter for online play comes standard, xbox live, etc. I can't really think of anything the PS2 has on it.

I think the X-Box is better too, if I can I buy the game for X-Box. If you listen to the people who don't like X-Box or like the PS2 more the general arguement you get is "it has better games".

Of course PS2 has about a million more games not that there's any better quality with the games. Sony employs the approach of let's saturate the market with every single game shitty or not that we possibly can.

I'm on the X-Box side for this generation of consoles. Games look better, no memory cards. load times and simulation times are much shorter. All the stuff that does matter to me.

royr17
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
When does the ESPN version of college basketball come out ?

Reaper16
11-03-2005, 04:34 PM

Other than plenty of good, PS2 exclusive software, not a lot.