PDA

View Full Version : Do you live next door to a sex offender?

Jenny Gump
11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
www.familywatchdog.us (http://www.familywatchdog.us)

I realize that many states and local jurisdictions now have to make public the sex offenders in their area. Most if not all are publishing these on websites. The above website is an adjunct to that and is pretty amazing. I advise every parent or concerned citizen to check it out. Gives a map of the location of all the offenders (only those that comply with registration mind you).

I discovered that a child offender lives on the next street over. Great.

So this leads me to a question. Now that I am armed with this info, my inclination is to go to all the homes in the neighborhood that have kids, and spread the word. Think that's a good idea? Talk to me.

JBucc
11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
OMG I live WITH a sex offender

Eleazar
11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Spread the word, print up flyers, whatever you have to do. If they are going to let these wretched people out of prison you have to do something.

CosmicPal
11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm offended by sex. Shame on you.

Jenny Gump
11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Here's the bastard that lives one street over. Sad thing is, he probably has kids...hence the issue itself.

Jenny Gump
11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Spread the word, print up flyers, whatever you have to do. If they are going to let these wretched people out of prison you have to do something.

I think you are right. It's public info anyway, and why not just arm ourselves that much more.

Rain Man
11-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I examined this on another thread once, and determined that the average person has a convicted sex offender living within three blocks of them. It's a numbers thing.

listopencil
11-05-2005, 07:46 PM
http://mapsexoffenders.com/

Here's one I use. You can call up the info from Megan's Law on a case by case basis. I couldn't get that function to work with your link.

CosmicPal
11-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, I'm sure the neighbors will be thrilled to know that I have one living right across the street from me.

His backyard faces the grounds of an Elementary School. The University is about six blocks to the east of us. Funny thing is, this past summer, the University had some guy snatching girls at night. I don't think they ever caught him, but it did stop.

Wonder if they checked out my neighbor?

Bugeater
11-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I've got this guy 1/2 mile away

http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/sor/Imagedisplay.asp?imgname=200306N25.jpg

BigRock
11-05-2005, 08:51 PM
I was in a computer lab during a college class a few years ago and the guy next to me did one of these searches. One of the offenders listed for our area was actually in that very same class with us. That was a creepy moment.

Valiant
11-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Make sure if you do this that they are actually a sex offender...

Guy at our work is on the list, but he is not a offender.. He took a girl home from the bar that looked 21... She was not...

BigRock
11-05-2005, 10:20 PM
We didn't say anything. I didn't want the guy to know that I knew about it. I didn't know the guy and, after seeing that, I didn't want him to have any reason to know me.

Valiant
11-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Or having sex in public..

Or oral sex...

or anal sex...

make sure the guy is actually a danger not just some kinky guy that got caught with his wife on the porch...

Valiant
11-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I knew a girl that was 16 and drinking in bars. That's f*cking scary. Glad I knew she was 16 before I ran into her at a bar. F*ck, if I meet a girl at a bar I'm assuming that if she's not 21 she's at least like 19 or 20 with a fake. Not f*cking 16.

If you meet a girl at a bar, I think it's pretty reasonable to believe she's old enough to f*ck. You'd think a lawyer could keep your ass out of prison for that.

Out of prison, yes... But he is on that list...

Raiderhater
11-05-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/_lifesaver.jpg

Valiant
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
So, the sex offender list isn't a list of people convicted of sex offenses?

It is, but you get people thinking that all these people are deviants and devils... Looks like a majority are on the list, but there are some people on that list that shouldn't be...

Hypothetically if you are getting you dick sucked at work when no one is suppose to be there, and someone catches you... You would be on the list for sodomy... That is all I am getting at.. You do not want the whole neighborhood thinking you are a sexual deviant when all did was get caught getting your dick sucked by your girlfriend...

Valiant
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
I am actually shocked to see so many of these people living close to schools.. Isn't there like a 10-20mile radius to a school or daycare??? There is one living 200ft. from a daycare off of barry rd by troost...

jettio
11-06-2005, 12:51 AM
I checked my zip code and one of them seems to be an ex-Chief.

Rausch
11-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Here's the bastard that lives one street over. Sad thing is, he probably has kids...hence the issue itself.

He looks more like the kind of guy that'd eat small kids... :shake:

And as as long as it's true, and in the public domain, it ain't slander.

"Hey, child molestor! Paperboy comes by at 3:30!"

Rausch
11-06-2005, 01:38 AM
So, the sex offender list isn't a list of people convicted of sex offenses?

Not always.

In my county you can get on that list for public urination. I shit you not...

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 01:42 AM
yes three houses down. no good. i'll killhim if he comes on my propertyu.

Rausch
11-06-2005, 02:11 AM
yes three houses down. no good. i'll killhim if he comes on my propertyu.

My map looks like someone dropped a box of glitter.

****ing colored squares everywhere... :(

luv
11-06-2005, 02:16 AM
Not always.

In my county you can get on that list for public urination. I shit you not...
Just don't shit in public...

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 02:16 AM
My map looks like someone dropped a box of glitter.

****ing colored squares everywhere... :(
you're a mn. i'm a woman living alone.

luv
11-06-2005, 02:17 AM
you're a mn. i'm a woman living alone.
I wouldn't tell him that. He's a stalker.

ROFL

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 02:20 AM

ROFL

I have a dog and a sammy sosa bat... abd a maglite... and a loud italian scream. I'll be fine. thanks for looking out thoug

Rausch
11-06-2005, 02:38 AM

ROFL

I tried that, but my fear of commitment was stronger...

Rausch
11-06-2005, 02:39 AM
I have a dog and a sammy sosa bat... abd a maglite... and a loud italian scream. I'll be fine. thanks for looking out thoug

Screw that, I've got a machete.

A gun says you're into home defense, but a machete says you're ****ing Siii-KOOOH.....

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Screw that, I've got a machete.

A gun says you're into home defense, but a machete says you're ****ing Siii-KOOOH.....
ahahaha. yeah. a machete it is. i'll put it on my chrstmas list. :)

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 03:33 AM
I'm a sex DEFENDER!

luv
11-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Good Lord... I've always joked about the lack of a Y chromosome indicating a lack of intelligence, but I never actuallly believed it was true before.
We obviously don't share the same sense of humor.

luv
11-06-2005, 03:42 AM
I think that's become clear. But, you've been more than understanding of mine, so it would be unfair for me to be any less.
Don't be nice...I'd think you were seriously ill or something. :p

Mile High Mania
11-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Wowzers... 3 blocks away, bingo. That's not comforting, but there appears to be only one within a pretty large area.

Interesting.

DJay23
11-06-2005, 07:46 AM
The guy downstairs from me committed rape in the 80's, served his time, and now by all accounts is rehabilitated. He's a pretty nice guy. It's possible that some people did really stupid things in their past and then learned from them. Then again, anything's possible.

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 08:11 AM
I know a gal that was a massage therapist. I don't know exactly what went on but the cops set her up and caught her touching the "client" in an inappropriate place. No BJ or sex involved. Just touching. They charged her with prostitution. The lawyer said if that stuck she would have to register as a sex offender. He got it reduced to outraging public decency.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 08:31 AM
That is such bullshit. Don't the cops have something better to do?

Prostitution is the world's oldest profession.

Valiant
11-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Actually, a buddy of mine down here got two tickets for that and was told that if he got a third he'd be considered a sex offender.

My whole line of posts there was simply to point out that valiant's friend was FOS. Or valiant's story was bullshit. Either or, maybe both.

Yeah because he would talk about this for bragging rights... All I know is the guy is on the list and we make fun of him weekly for it... Granted he could lie, but why???

Bonus

The Panthers cheerleaders should be on the list now, heathen women...

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Yep, the lady next door to me.

I'm offended she even thinks about sex with me.

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I checked my zip code and one of them seems to be an ex-Chief.

Yeah, but that last-second touchdown from Grbac is still one of the best plays ever.