PDA

View Full Version : Tornado outbreaks : Just for those who....

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 10:07 AM
might be wondering ? Last. err, early this morning ( 3:00 am) outbreaks hit all around us but not on top of us. We are all is OK and our local families.

The biggest area hit was southern Evansville,In. A trailer park was hit and as many as 15 people are believed dead. This same twister hit Ellis Park, a horse racing track and caused major damage before hitting the trailer park.

The same line of storms touched a twister down in southern Muhlenberg County ( same county we are in ) and caused some serious damage but no known injuries and no reported deaths as of yet.

Coach
11-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Wow, I heard about that. My first reaction was "Tornadoes? In November? At Indiana?"

Nothing suprises me anymore. Glad to hear you're doing all right Roy.

Bugeater
11-06-2005, 11:02 AM
. My first reaction was "Tornadoes? In November? At Indiana?"

Allow me to add "at 2:00 in the friggin' morning?" to that statement.

RP_McMurphy
11-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Been thru there many times on US 41 and I-64.........tornado's stirke at any time and any place.
might be wondering ? Last. err, early this morning ( 3:00 am) outbreaks hit all around us but not on top of us. We are all is OK and our local families.

The biggest area hit was southern Evansville,In. A trailer park was hit and as many as 15 people are believed dead. This same twister hit Ellis Park, a horse racing track and caused major damage before hitting the trailer park.

The same line of storms touched a twister down in southern Muhlenberg County ( same county we are in ) and caused some serious damage but no known injuries and no reported deaths as of yet.

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 11:08 AM
glad you're alright. Hopefullt TK's okay as well/

Coach
11-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Allow me to add "at 2:00 in the friggin' morning?" to that statement.

Heh, well Kansas does get it's share of Tornadoes in the morning, so that one I'm not suprised.

I was just a bit suprised that it occured in November, where the weather up there is typically cooler.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 11:15 AM
It is rare in Nov.even rarer in Dec. I remember in 2000 we had a tornado in Jan. in Owensboro Ky . It hit town about 1 1/2 mile from where I was working at the time..... on a friday afternoon 1:00 pm.

As Forrest said, ( shit ) It happens ...... :eek:

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 11:19 AM
At Ellis Park, there is major damage to the facility and several dead horses.

A trailer park in Evansville was wiped out, all but 5 trailers.

A houseing addition in Newburgh took major damage and injuries.

Some farms in souther Muhlenberg County, Trigg County took some hard hits as well.

When the warning came out, we went to the basement with the grandkids, I turned on the TV to see where the cell was , it was south of us . I went outside and could here the wind up high , a very loud rushing air noise, but ground level was calm . :eek:

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2005, 11:21 AM

I didn't know you lived in that neck of the woods Roy, glad you and yours are doing okay. I spent some time there with some family last year in Princeton IN, so I took notice when I saw that in the morning headlines online.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I didn't know you lived in that neck of the woods Roy, glad you and yours are doing okay. I spent some time there with some family last year in Princeton IN, so I took notice when I saw that in the morning headlines online.

Yep, we are 85 miles from Evansville and 95 miles from Nashville......

RP_McMurphy
11-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I know right where it is. I grew up in Bowling Green and Grayson County.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 01:52 PM
I know right where it is. I grew up in Bowling Green and Grayson County.

Then you know Muhlenberg County is in the middle of suckass America ?

j/k ...... small town USA.

RP_McMurphy
11-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I know Muhlenburg and Central City well.........Home of Patrick Sparks.