PDA

View Full Version : I am convinced LJ should now be our starter.

Logical
11-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Great game by the youngster.

Great game by the defense and props to Washington for stepping up.

This could be the start of our younger players stepping up.

JBucc
11-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't care who starts as long as they both get carries when they're hot.

Hammock Parties
Skip, myself and others have been lobbying since preseason.

Priest would have been stopped at the 15 yard line on LJ's catch at the end of the game.

We could very well be moaning about Oakland's 26-23 overtime win right now.

morphius
I am convinced that Squanders has to step up and dump the 2 series 1 series and mix it up on a feeling. Also, I'm convinced that Dante should not be our main target on 3rd down.

Other then that one TD to Moss, Washington played great. I'm still a bit shocked.

Mecca
11-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Don't worry, Tk and JSP will be here shortly to rain on the LJ parade.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 04:36 PM

Don't forget stevieray.

elvomito
11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
...Other then that one TD to Moss, Washington played great. I'm still a bit shocked...this is what decent d-line play inspires

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 04:40 PM
D-line didn't play that well. Carlos Hall was invisible again.

BigVE
11-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Convinced or not, if Priest's injury has something do with his spine, LJ WILL be the starter. I love the POWER LJ runs with and he is fast too. Great combo.

NaptownChief
11-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I think talent alone LJ should be the starter but when you factor in age and the fact Holmes isn't that durable only adds to the reason to do so. Holmes would be great coming in for spot duty and will also probably help him stay healthy.

jlscorpio
11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I think what we saw today was that our future is not as bleak as we once thought. The offense WILL revolve around LJ in the near future. I thought Black and Welbourn played well, too. That's encouraging. BTW, anybody that thinks Priest would have taken that catch to the 1, is in denial

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Wow. Never thought I'd see the day...

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 04:46 PM
We still need Priest so I hope he's OK. LJ's dropped passes were sickening.

penchief
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM

That's funny. I've never singled them out for fear of being accused of unobjectivity. But those two have been the most rigid, resistent, and unreasonable when it comes to giving LJ his due.

By the way, welcome to the LJ bandwagon, Logical. Considering your record on this subject, I greatly respect your objectivity concerning our emerging running back dilemna.

Kudos to you.

TrickyNicky
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
You're right. A few injuries ago, Holmes would be in the endzone jump-kicking a DB like he did to the Jets on that winning drive a few years ago. Sadly, I think age is catching up to him much like it caught up to Marshall Faulk. Still a damn fine playmaker, but the amount of carries is just too demanding on the body. I think a 1:1 drive rotation when Priest is healthy would be just fine.

Mecca
11-06-2005, 04:51 PM

Well he did catch the one in the key moment of the game.

|Zach|
11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Hmm, still quite a situation...

I don't believe Holmes would have had the day LJ had today.

I still think Holmes should be a big part of this offense but I believe the whole rotation 60\40 thing should be flipped with LJ getting the brunt and Holmes coming in ever 2 series. I have been sayin this for a while though....

Valiant
11-06-2005, 04:55 PM

Priest would have been stopped at the 15 yard line on LJ's catch at the end of the game.

And we would have won last week agianst SD 34-28 if Priest did not get hurt... LJ is still to unrefined to supplant Priest as the starter... Where was this stud last week at the goal line???

Mecca
11-06-2005, 04:56 PM
And we would have won last week agianst SD 34-28 if Priest did not get hurt... LJ is still to unrefined to supplant Priest as the starter... Where was this stud last week at the goal line???

It usually requires a hole......the line got dominated last week there were no holes to run through on those plays.

Demonpenz
11-06-2005, 04:57 PM
priest is probably done for awhile anyway

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 05:00 PM

Ive said this a few times.but let me state again......LJ is just fine around the goaline...Now, is he as great as Priest? Of course not, but Not many backs in history have been as dominate around the goaline as that. IMO Priest has set the bar so high thats its making it unrealistic for any back who follows after him in KC to succeed in the fans eyes.....LJ is gonna be just fine....

Miles
11-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Couldn't agree more. Preist just isn't as explosive anymore.

I sill would like to see the carries split with about 10-15 going to Preist.

Valiant
11-06-2005, 05:05 PM
It usually requires a hole......the line got dominated last week there were no holes to run through on those plays.

My ass, Priest would not have been denied.. LJ will choose a hole to go thru even if it is occupied, Priest would have stretched it for the score...

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 05:07 PM
LJ has great body lean...he he turns a simple 2-3 yard gain into a 5-6 yarder....its a thing of beauty...

Mecca
My ass, Priest would not have been denied.. LJ will choose a hole to go thru even if it is occupied, Priest would have stretched it for the score...

No offense to your opinion but Holmes was getting dominated by the Chargers when he was playing.

Valiant
Ive said this a few times.but let me state again......LJ is just fine around the goaline...Now, is he as great as Priest? Of course not, but Not many backs in history have been as dominate around the goaline as that. IMO Priest has set the bar so high thats its making it unrealistic for any back who follows after him in KC to succeed in the fans eyes.....LJ is gonna be just fine....

Yeah because guys like Marcus Allen and Emmitt Smith were not killers at the goalline ever... Some people have it, some do not.. LJ is great, but he has some learning still to do on picking holes, and stretching plays, oh and covering the ball with both hands... And switching hands when the defender is persuing you..

Valiant
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
No offense to your opinion but Holmes was getting dominated by the Chargers when he was playing.

No offense to your opinion but it has been proven countless times thru the seasons that if you get Priest at the goalline he is going to score, does not matter if got hardly any yards between the 10's or not... The chargers would not have been able to stop Priest at the 1...

Mecca
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
In some peoples eyes Larry Johnson can do no right and Priest Holmes can do no wrong. It's not even worth trying to make a point to those people.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah because guys like Marcus Allen and Emmitt Smith were not killers at the goalline ever... Some people have it, some do not.. LJ is great, but he has some learning still to do on picking holes, and stretching plays, oh and covering the ball with both hands... And switching hands when the defender is persuing you..

This is what i meant by being unrealistic....every player cant be Marcus Allen and Emmit Smith......thats what made those guys special....HOF'ers.........Dont hold it against LJ because hes not at that level yet...

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
In some peoples eyes Larry Johnson can do no right and Priest Holmes can do no wrong. The reverse is also true.

I'm a fan of both. I think LJ's durabilty and youth (speed and power) give him a slight edge, though.

Valiant
11-06-2005, 05:18 PM
This is what i meant by being unrealistic....every player cant be Marcus Allen and Emmit Smith......thats what made those guys special....HOF'ers.........Dont hold it against LJ because hes not at that level yet...

And thats my point agianst the arguement that LJ has supplanted Priest as the starter... Hell you got fools like gochiefs saying Priest cannot get long touchdowns (60yd verse Washington), then saying he cannot break tackles on long runs like LJ's today.. ****er did not get touched until the 7yd line...

LJ is a great back but is not our starter yet...

brent102fire
11-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I think Priest should still be the starter...The Chiefs were money in the Red Zone over the past 4 years. Now that they do this 2:1 rotation, they are having a tough time scoring TD's. Priest knows the End Zone, Period!

|Zach|
11-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I have seen enough of Priest Holmes banging into the back of our offensive lineman Donnel Bennet style to be comfortable with LJ supplanting Holmes as starter.

|Zach|
11-06-2005, 05:20 PM
I think Priest should still be the starter...The Chiefs were money in the Red Zone over the past 4 years. Now that they do this 2:1 rotation, they are having a tough time scoring TD's. Priest knows the End Zone, Period!I love what Priest has done in the redzone in past years...

I don't see that this year.

In the redzone THIS YEAR I think LJ is as strong as Priest.

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 05:20 PM
I have seen enough of Priest Holmes banging into the back of our offensive lineman Donnel Bennet style to be comfortable with LJ supplanting Holmes as starter.Comparing Priest to Donnel Bennet?

Ouch man.

ROFL

:shake:

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 05:21 PM
And thats my point agianst the arguement that LJ has supplanted Priest as the starter... Hell you got fools like gochiefs saying Priest cannot get long touchdowns (60yd verse Washington), then saying he cannot break tackles on long runs like LJ's today.. ****er did not get touched until the 7yd line...

LJ is a great back but is not our starter yet...

haha....isnt it great that we can have arguments like this...as opposed to: Who should we start: Rashan Sheehee or Jessie Haynes this year??

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 05:22 PM
haha....isnt it great that we can have arguments like this...as opposed to: Who should we start: Rashan Sheehee or Jessie Haynes this year??Mike Cloud!

Eleazar
11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't understand the need to put one over the other. Let's use them both liberally and instead of calling one the starter and one the backup, just call them both our running backs.

tk13
11-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Why would I do that? I have no problem with LJ. All I've ever said is Priest Holmes isn't washed up yet. Great job by LJ today, I've got no problems with him, I had a lot of confidence he was gonna score on that last play. He is going to be a great running back... I was one of the three people who loved the LJ pick and did not want to trade him last year, you can go look it up. Vlad would attest to that, me and him used to have knockdown dragout arguments over the LJ pick. I don't like being labled as an LJ hater... and I'm even more put off by the fact you think I'd root against a Chiefs player, but oh well. Not my problem.

go bo
11-06-2005, 05:31 PM
hater...

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 05:32 PM
hater...ROFL

go bo
11-06-2005, 05:36 PM

This could be the start of our younger players stepping up.wow...

coming from you, this is a very strong indication that larry may have arrived... :thumb:

Mecca
11-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Why would I do that? I have no problem with LJ. All I've ever said is Priest Holmes isn't washed up yet. Great job by LJ today, I've got no problems with him, I had a lot of confidence he was gonna score on that last play. He is going to be a great running back... I was one of the three people who loved the LJ pick and did not want to trade him last year, you can go look it up. Vlad would attest to that, me and him used to have knockdown dragout arguments over the LJ pick. I don't like being labled as an LJ hater... and I'm even more put off by the fact you think I'd root against a Chiefs player, but oh well. Not my problem.

I was just kidding.......I really wish people wouldn't take every single thing I say so seriously. This happened yesterday too, hell I even got a neg rep for someone taking something I said the wrong way.

I'd have picked some other people if I was being dead serious about that. It was meant as a humerous jab after all the LJ, Priest talk this week.

tk13
11-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh, well then you suck. Use a smiley or something. :)

Valiant
11-06-2005, 05:43 PM
haha....isnt it great that we can have arguments like this...as opposed to: Who should we start: Rashan Sheehee or Jessie Haynes this year??

That ain't no shit... Now if we can argue that way about our defensive front four...

Pants
11-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I was just kidding.......I really wish people wouldn't take every single thing I say so seriously. This happened yesterday too, hell I even got a neg rep for someone taking something I said the wrong way.

I'd have picked some other people if I was being dead serious about that. It was meant as a humerous jab after all the LJ, Priest talk this week.

ROFL

You gonna use the "I was just kidding, guys!" every time you are proven wrong about something? That neg rep was from me and wasn't because of what you said, I don't care what your opinionis, it was for not standing up to what you said.

Mecca
11-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Because I was kidding.......the only thing in the Owens thread I was joking about was the him being on the roster comment. I meant everything else I said.

cdcox
11-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I sill would like to see the carries split with about 10-15 going to Preist.

Lately, that would be nearly all of them.

penchief
11-06-2005, 06:03 PM

This is a perfect example of what I have been talking about. Valiant, OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

I love your loyalty to Priest but com'n, be realistic. Not only are you degrading LJ's contribution to this team you are demeaning your own football analytical skills.

Valiant
11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
This is a perfect example of what I have been talking about. Valiant, OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

I love your loyalty to Priest but com'n, be realistic. Not only are you degrading LJ's contribution to this team you are demeaning your own football analytical skills.

Please, can you honestly say last week Priest would have been stuffed twice from the 1yard line and goal...

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Vlad, how about your prediction that we'd lose to Oakland?

jAZ
11-06-2005, 06:20 PM
If St. Louis can start Jackson over Marshall Faulk, then we can start Johnson over Priest.

MadMax
11-06-2005, 06:26 PM

I am definately one of the "others" :p I love what the Priest has done for us over the years but it's Larry time!! :)

Logical
11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Why would I do that? I have no problem with LJ. All I've ever said is Priest Holmes isn't washed up yet. Great job by LJ today, I've got no problems with him, I had a lot of confidence he was gonna score on that last play. He is going to be a great running back... I was one of the three people who loved the LJ pick and did not want to trade him last year, you can go look it up. Vlad would attest to that, me and him used to have knockdown dragout arguments over the LJ pick. I don't like being labled as an LJ hater... and I'm even more put off by the fact you think I'd root against a Chiefs player, but oh well. Not my problem.What tk said above is fair. I have been as suprised as anyone by his defense of Priest starting this year, had you asked me to predict it, I would have guessed tk would have been a big proponent of LJ starting.

MadMax
11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
That's funny. I've never singled them out for fear of being accused of unobjectivity. But those two have been the most rigid, resistent, and unreasonable when it comes to giving LJ his due.

By the way, welcome to the LJ bandwagon, Logical. Considering your record on this subject, I greatly respect your objectivity concerning our emerging running back dilemna.

Kudos to you.

Ahhh JSP must not be home from the game yet, otherwise you guys would be accused of performing Fellatio on LJ... :p

Logical
11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey Vlad, how about your prediction that we'd lose to Oakland?I am delighted I was wrong. Tell me that after the two minute warning you were not worried.

penchief
11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Please, can you honestly say last week Priest would have been stuffed twice from the 1yard line and goal...

Possibly, yes. While Holmes does have an astute ability to score inside the red-zone, that doesn't excuse the fact that he has been consistently nailed behind the line of scrimage.

But more importantly, what you are insinuating is not even pertintent to this particular situation. WE WERE NOT EVEN IN THE RED ZONE ZONe ZOne Zone zone zon zo z............

We were thirty-some odd yards out and LJ played his strength and took it closer to the goal line than Holmes would have had he played his strength.

Get over it.

|Zach|
11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I am delighted I was wrong. Tell me that after the two minute warning you were not worried.For some reason...I had no doubt they would score. The only thing I worried about was getting a FG. I didn't feel good about the idea of us going into OT in the least.

milkman
11-06-2005, 06:36 PM
I have seen enough of Priest Holmes banging into the back of our offensive lineman Donnel Bennet style to be comfortable with LJ supplanting Holmes as starter.

Ken, is that you?

bringbackmarty
11-06-2005, 06:38 PM
D-line didn't play that well. Carlos Hall was invisible again.
Carlos hall had five tackles for the season going into this game, I'm not even sure he is on our roster.
I think we are lucky to have both lj and priest. I wish lj could catch, and could function in this offense better. It seems lke we are still limited with him in terms of us having to call downhill runs in order for him to be effective. This game was an illusion, we did not really do enough to win it, we won it because of an inept defensive call by the raiders with 19 seconds left, and a ref calling tripping instead of holding.

Logical
11-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Please, can you honestly say last week Priest would have been stuffed twice from the 1yard line and goal...Just because LJ starts does not mean Priest should not be used in goaline situations. Even when Marcus was not getting much time they always brought him in for goaline situations.

penchief
11-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Just because LJ starts does not mean Priest should not be used in goaline situations. Even when Marcus was not getting much time they always brought him in for goaline situations.

Excellent point. And one that I can agree with.

Lzen
11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Satan called for you, Jim. He said something about your LJ lovefest making the weather really cold down there.

MadMax
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Maybe if he had more experience he would get better???? :shake: I was more sickened by Al's refusal to run the ball..But hey thats just an opinion. :shake: Awesome win though.. :)

Calcountry
11-06-2005, 07:07 PM

This could be the start of our younger players stepping up.Welcome to the party.

Priest should be reserved for short yardage and goal line situations, and passing situations.

LJ has got to learn how to catch the ball. Thank God he caught the last one.

penchief
11-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the party.

Priest should be reserved for short yardage and goal line situations, and passing situations.

LJ has got to learn how to catch the ball. Thank God he caught the last one.

He caught the last three passes thrown to him on the winning drive. In fact, he was responsible for 49 of 72 yards and the winning TD on 4 plays of that drive, three of them passes.

Com'n people, now.........

Smile on your bother........

Got to love Larry Johnson, right now......

Gotta' love LJ right now...............

Right now..................

right now.............

ri' now.....

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Penchief is vindicated!

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 10:04 PM

Kudos to you.
Emerging? Emerging? LJ should have kicked Priest out of that backfield two years ago. Only the senility and personal feelings of VD about drafting him have held him back.

PastorMikH
11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Though I think I agree with Jim, I cannot help but chuckle at the Irony here. If someone would have told Jim 2 years ago that he would be starting a thread with this title he would have laughed his head off.

:)

Bottom line though, LJ stepped up and showed that we can put the game on his shoulders. He's earned the right to start until either he does something to lose it or Priest shows he can stay healthy and regain it.

Personally, I think Priest would be more of an asset to us now if he were used like Bettis or Marcus Allen was at the end of his career.

PastorMikH
11-06-2005, 10:09 PM
He caught the last three passes thrown to him on the winning drive. In fact, he was responsible for 49 of 72 yards and the winning TD on 4 plays of that drive, three of them passes.

Eh, whatever. Trent was responsible for handing him the ball, so the credit goes to Trent.

:p :p :p :p

j/k

Eleazar
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Personally, I think Priest would be more of an asset to us now if he were used like Bettis or Marcus Allen was at the end of his career.

YES! Get Priest his carries. Let him catch the ball out of the backfield, he runs the screen as good as anyone I've ever seen. There's no one better at the goal line.

He can specialize in short yardage, but also catch the ball, contribute 10-12 carries, run screens and such. He definitely has a lot of value in that kind of a role.

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Just because LJ starts does not mean Priest should not be used in goaline situations. Even when Marcus was not getting much time they always brought him in for goaline situations.
We used Marcus almost exclusively for short yardage situations. He was absolutely the best I ever saw at getting 2 or 3 yards. And to look at him you would have never guessed it. About 6'2", 210 lbs. he sure didn't look the part. Riggins was a close second. Both players career ypc suffered because of this with Riggins at 3.9 and Allen at 4.1. OK, there are some diehard guys on this board that just won't let go of Priest despite what the numbers and similar situations in the past dictate. I think we should castrate them so they can't do the human race any further damage. Uh...TK13 and JSP are you here? How about you Stevie Ray? Hey, we have new 27" color televisions with remote controls for you if you will tell us where you live so we can deliver them to you.

JazzzLovr
11-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow. Never thought I'd see the day...

Yeah, wasn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse or something? ;)

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 10:35 PM

Com'n people, now.........

Smile on your bother........

Got to love Larry Johnson, right now......

Gotta' love LJ right now...............

Right now..................

right now.............

ri' now.....
Just a note to Penchief: Have you ever heard of the term "Yellow Dog Democrat"? Well, it refers to democrats, particularly in the south, that would vote for a yellow dog rather than a Republican. Most of these people are illiterate. We have a few of these folks on this board that feel this way about Priest Holmes. Now Holmes was an above average RB and was the best the Chiefs have ever had but HOF material he ain't. Great athletes rarely are able to tell when it is time to quit. Hell, find me one that is. Holmes ypc is hovering just above Mike Cloud's for this year. It's a good thing for Priest that he got that $10 mil when he did.

Valiant
11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Possibly, yes. While Holmes does have an astute ability to score inside the red-zone, that doesn't excuse the fact that he has been consistently nailed behind the line of scrimage.

But more importantly, what you are insinuating is not even pertintent to this particular situation. WE WERE NOT EVEN IN THE RED ZONE ZONe ZOne Zone zone zon zo z............

We were thirty-some odd yards out and LJ played his strength and took it closer to the goal line than Holmes would have had he played his strength.

Get over it.

Umm, we were talking about last week agianst SD and the goalline situations...

As for the 30yd run after the catch... LJ didn't get touched until the 4yard line... I seem to remember a 60yard catch and run by Priest agianst the skins... LJ is a stud, but he is not better then Priest at the moment..

digi2fish
11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
what I know is we should never let this guy leave KC.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:10 PM
LJ is a stud, but he is not better then Priest at the moment..

ROFL

Priest had the angle on just about everyone on his 60 yard TD. LJ would have blown past everyone on that play too. Priest barely stumbled into the endzone.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:17 PM

I saw LJ run into the backs of our oline many times today.... He IS the future... and as long as Priest is down...he is the now...But Priest is still our starter. He has earned the right.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Sorry, I'm not ready for that, just yet. Yes PH is on the downhill side of his career , esp. with the injuries of late. But LJ is a good back, a great # 2 with expolsive speed.

I like PH catching passes and goaline stances inside the 10.

I like LJ as a change of pace back and the explosive ability on any play. The dive over the top by LJ today was too low. I'm happy he made it, but the Rai_ders had no push up front on that play.

FWIW, all of you LJ lovers and bashers, I'm happy we won, I'm happy we have him, I just have a different feeling how to use him. I'm happy we he wants to play and have the fire and desire to play...... Right now with us not knowing how Priest is going to be, I'm sure we all are happy we have him.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:18 PM
I saw LJ run into the backs of our oline many times today.... He IS the future... and as long as Priest is down...he is the now...But Priest is still our starter. He has earned the right.

He earned the right after 2001. LJ has outplayed him this year.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
ROFL

Priest had the angle on just about everyone on his 60 yard TD. LJ would have blown past everyone on that play too. Priest barely stumbled into the endzone.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, it's all speculation. Priest had to win over DV...then he had to produce...and still you are not happy. HE has earned the right to be our starter.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:21 PM
He earned the right after 2001. LJ has outplayed him this year.

Bullshit

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda, it's all speculation. Priest had to win over DV...then he had to produce...and still you are not happy. HE has earned the right to be our starter.I'm still not convinced.

Perhaps you should use an even bigger font.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Bullshit

What I meant to say was ...BULLSHIT

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Bullshit

Why is it bullshit?

Logical
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Though I think I agree with Jim, I cannot help but chuckle at the Irony here. If someone would have told Jim 2 years ago that he would be starting a thread with this title he would have laughed his head off.

:)

Bottom line though, LJ stepped up and showed that we can put the game on his shoulders. He's earned the right to start until either he does something to lose it or Priest shows he can stay healthy and regain it.

Personally, I think Priest would be more of an asset to us now if he were used like Bettis or Marcus Allen was at the end of his career.You are of course correct about the 2 year ago point. I like to think one of my strengths is to know when I was wrong, admit it and move on. I was wrong about LJ, I hope I am wrong that the Chiefs don't have the talent to win the Super Bowl this year almost nothing would make me happier.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm still not convinced.

Perhaps you should use an even bigger font.

Perhaps it will be needed. Priest Holmes had to win over Dic V. Then he became our featured back...and carried our offense. He has done so with style and grace. He has NOT been out produced by LJ. I saw LJ run into our Olines backs and fall down today....where Priest always finds a crack to squeeze into, or wait tor the hole to materialize...Preist is our starter....BIG FONTS!!

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:29 PM
He has NOT been out produced by LJ.

LJ averages more yards per catch and more yards per reception.

KcMizzou
LJ averages more yards per catch and more yards per reception.:hmmm:

burt
Why is it bullshit?

LJ is a great back...but he has not eclipsed Priest in ANY way. Priest has earned the right to stumble before deligated to second string. Maybe this injury will make this a moot point...I hope not. As good as LJ is he has not outproduced Priest.

"gochiefs
I know what I see."....check yer glasses.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:30 PM
LJ averages more yards per catch and more yards per reception.

I don't think so...gimme a link

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't think so...gimme a link

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/KC

LJ's YPC average is more than a FULL YARD better than Priest's.

All the LJ haters were saying LJ's average would PLUMMET if he carried the load for KC today. He still averaged 5 yards a pop.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 11:35 PM
I still feel he has stone hands at times where Priest is able to hang onto it and catch it better.

I know a time is coming that we must switch,maybe now is the time. But as for me, I'm not ready for that just yet.

Derrick Blaylock could run behind our OL the last 2 - 3 years.
Right now our OL is in bad shape and maybe LJ can hit the hole quicker.

burt
11-06-2005, 11:40 PM
First of all...I am not a LJ hater...I think he is awesome. But you can read stats any way you want. Priest has more TD's than the guy you say is out producing him. Maybe he just has more TD opportunities...maybe he sniffs out the TD better. The stats may change for JG...with more attempts. All I absolutely know is that Priest is more Patient...finds holes better....ANd yes, I did see LJ run into the backs of our Oline a little too much. He is great...and a punishing runner...but I believe he is our second string because Priest is still better.

Mark M
11-06-2005, 11:43 PM
I am convinced Vlad stopped taking his meds.

MM
~~;)

Coach
11-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I still feel he has stone hands at times where Priest is able to hang onto it and catch it better.

I know a time is coming that we must switch,maybe now is the time. But as for me, I'm not ready for that just yet.

Derrick Blaylock could run behind our OL the last 2 - 3 years.
Right now our OL is in bad shape and maybe LJ can hit the hole quicker.

I'll agree to the catching part/stone hands part. If there is one knock on LJ, it would happen to be the catching the ball/switching the ball to the other side of the body to shield it away from the defenders.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:45 PM

To be honest, this is the first time I've seen him have a bad case of the drops. He came out of college with excellent receiving skills.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Priest has more TD's than the guy you say is out producing him.

He has ONE. ONE!!!

Considering Priest 30 more touches that is not surprising.

cdcox
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
First of all...I am not a LJ hater...I think he is awesome. But you can read stats any way you want. Priest has more TD's than the guy you say is out producing him. Maybe he just has more TD opportunities...maybe he sniffs out the TD better. The stats may change for JG...with more attempts. All I absolutely know is that Priest is more Patient...finds holes better....ANd yes, I did see LJ run into the backs of our Oline a little too much. He is great...and a punishing runner...but I believe he is our second string because Priest is still better.

TD per carry are about even:
Priest = 0.050
LJ = 0.053

Receiving is the only area where Holmes is still clearly better.

Dave Lane
11-06-2005, 11:54 PM

This could be the start of our younger players stepping up.

Hey you said we were going to lose the faiders so I think you prognostication capital is spent for this week.

Dave

ROFL

burt
11-06-2005, 11:54 PM
He has ONE. ONE!!!

Considering Priest 30 more touches that is not surprising.

ONE!!!! is that ONE!!!! as in "LJ's YPC average is more than a FULL YARD better than Priest's."

See your perception is skewed....with LJ...you say one FULL YARD...but with Priest...its only ONE!!! TD better. I say read stats any way you want. Priest is the one that brung us, and until he falters...I will stick with him. And I have seen nothing in LJ that would make me change my mind.

Hopefully Priests injury doesn't make this a moot argument. Once again, I do think LJ is good, perhaps great...but so is Priest...and I see more ability in find or waiting for holes..on Priest.

burt
11-07-2005, 12:02 AM
TD per carry are about even:
Priest = 0.050
LJ = 0.053

Receiving is the only area where Holmes is still clearly better.

Don't make me use big font again!!! Stooges

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 12:07 AM

What a load of bullshit. You cannot state that as a fact. Just a few weeks ago I watched Holmes turn a screen pass into a 65 yard TD. He wasn't stopped short at the one like our boy LJ was today (this is in no way meant to be a shot at LJ, just a point being made for dogmatic LJ ball danglers), he fought to keep from stepping out of bounds and delivered the 6.

My biggest problem with you people who are pushing for LJ to start is the way you constantly ignore what Priest has done this season. From reading some of you, you'd think Priest hadn't busted a couple of 35 yard runs (one for a TD) and the afore mentioned 65 yard screen pass. You all sound like TJ, "Priest has lost his second level burst." Yes, it is true, LJ will give us more of those types of runs than will Priest, but to completely ignore that Priest has made those types of plays and act like he is just no longer producing is disingenuous, and in no way fair to Holmes.

All of that being said, LJ had a great game today, and with the game on the line he sealed the deal. That TD went a long way to building my confidence in him in that type of situation when he does finally get the nod.

burt
11-07-2005, 12:12 AM
sniff...I love you man....where you been??..... :rockon:

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 12:19 AM
See your perception is skewed....with LJ...you say one FULL YARD...but with Priest...its only ONE!!! TD better.

There is a huge difference in a FULL YARD difference in AVERAGE as opposed to one extra touchdown coming in an additional 30 touches.

If you cannot see the difference you are beyond hope.

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 12:19 AM
I've been at work. And I have to be back in the morning, so I probably won't last much longer.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
What a load of bullshit. You cannot state that as a fact. Just a few weeks ago I watched Holmes turn a screen pass into a 65 yard TD. He wasn't stopped short at the one like our boy LJ was today (this is in no way meant to be a shot at LJ, just a point being made for dogmatic LJ ball danglers), he fought to keep from stepping out of bounds and delivered the 6.

My biggest problem with you people who are pushing for LJ to start is the way you constantly ignore what Priest has done this season. From reading some of you, you'd think Priest hadn't busted a couple of 35 yard runs (one for a TD) and the afore mentioned 65 yard screen pass. You all sound like TJ, "Priest has lost his second level burst." Yes, it is true, LJ will give us more of those types of runs than will Priest, but to completely ignore that Priest has made those types of plays and act like he is just no longer producing is disingenuous, and in no way fair to Holmes.

All of that being said, LJ had a great game today, and with the game on the line he sealed the deal. That TD went a long way to building my confidence in him in that type of situation when he does finally get the nod.

I just can't ignore the facts. LJ is producing more yardage when he touches the ball.

I give Priest the edge in the redzone and in pass blocking.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-07-2005, 12:22 AM
hey isn't it nice to have 2 backs like that to be able to argue over who should be getting the load. LJ was simply awesome today hard to argue against him starting from here on, but priest has looked good this year himself.

go bo
11-07-2005, 12:25 AM
I just can't ignore the facts. LJ is producing more yardage when he touches the ball.

I give Priest the edge in the redzone and in pass blocking. but the kid won't ever get any better at pass blocking and scoring in the red zone unless we give him playing time in those situations...

his pass blocking is waaaay better than it was...

the kid is a unique talent, but it's clear that he has learned a lot from priest and the coaching staff...

he's only gonna get better with experience, folks...

he's only gonna get better... *smug smile*

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 12:27 AM
he's only gonna get better... *smug smile*

KC needs to throw the ball to Boe. He did well on punt coverage today.

go bo
11-07-2005, 12:28 AM
i really don't know why he hasn't been more of a factor...

trent throws it to everybody else, a lot... :deevee:

i wonder why wilson has been invisible too... :shrug:

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 12:39 AM

I give Priest the edge in the redzone and in pass blocking.

But you are, or at least some of them. You ignore the fact that Priest is still producing, and probably producing more than what a lot of people thought he would this year. I probably wouldn't be in 3/4 of these conversations if I saw those of you on the other side being more fair and honest. If you merely made your arguments that LJ is producing more than Priest, not LJ is producing and Priest is just gimping along with his walker, I'd probably keep quiet on the subject.

I see no honor in the way you support your position, you want what you want so bad you'll ignore facts in order to make your position stronger. And frankly you don't need to, your argument is every bit as strong with the honest approach, if not more so. Because when you take the dishonest approach it cheapens your argument, and drives people like me to become every bit as pigheaded as you in fighting for the exact opposite.

go bo
11-07-2005, 12:43 AM
pig headed?

say it ain't so... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 12:45 AM
But you are, or at least some of them. You ignore the fact that Priest is still producing, and probably producing more than what a lot of people thought he would this year. I probably wouldn't be in 3/4 of these conversations if I saw those of you on the other side being more fair and honest. If you merely made your arguments that LJ is producing more than Priest, not LJ is producing and Priest is just gimping along with his walker, I'd probably keep quiet on the subject.

I see no honor in the way you support your position, you want what you want so bad you'll ignore facts in order to make your position stronger. And frankly you don't need to, your argument is every bit as strong with the honest approach, if not more so. Because when you take the dishonest approach it cheapens your argument, and drives people like me to become every bit as pigheaded as you in fighting for the exact opposite.

I'm not trying to demean Priest. I already said he's the better option in pass protection and in the red zone.

Priest is not "gimping along." He's not Eddie George just yet.

I just don't think he's the best back on the roster. :shrug:

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not trying to demean Priest. I already said he's the better option in pass protection and in the red zone.

Priest is not "gimping along." He's not Eddie George just yet.

I just don't think he's the best back on the roster. :shrug:

Yeah, but there was no way in hell he could have made that run after the catch that LJ made at the end of today's game.

That is the type of shit I am talking about. You know damned well that Priest is still capable of making those plays because he HAS DONE SO this season. He may not as often, but that should be a strong enough argument for you, you shouldn't have to "forget" that Priest is still capable of making the big play, especially when it is most needed.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 12:53 AM
No, he's not. He doesn't have the speed to do it.

LJ was running in a straight line, flat out.

go bo
11-07-2005, 12:57 AM
is he as fast as dante?

in a straight line, i mean...

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 01:04 AM
No, he's not. He doesn't have the speed to do it.

LJ was running in a straight line, flat out.

Just because he may have done it a little differently does not mean that he could not have done it.

One of the differences between the two is that LJ likes hitting people, which is good if you are a LB, but when you have the ball, you generally want to avoid contact so as to hopefully gain more ground. I not only think Priest could have duplicated LJ's success on that play, I think there is a very good likely hood he'd have gotten that last yard (that same play).

The thing is that NEITHER of us can say for certain one way or the other. And your insistance to the contrary is simply assanine.

Logical
11-07-2005, 01:24 AM
ONE!!!! is that ONE!!!! as in "LJ's YPC average is more than a FULL YARD better than Priest's."

See your perception is skewed....with LJ...you say one FULL YARD...but with Priest...its only ONE!!! TD better. I say read stats any way you want. Priest is the one that brung us, and until he falters...I will stick with him. And I have seen nothing in LJ that would make me change my mind.

Hopefully Priests injury doesn't make this a moot argument. Once again, I do think LJ is good, perhaps great...but so is Priest...and I see more ability in find or waiting for holes..on Priest.I think what you are ignoring is our fading offensive line that it does no good for Priest to be patient to find holes they are no longer producing.

Part of the reason I believe it is time for LJ to become the starter is he can get yards when no hole is there. I think that is going to be more and more of a need for a while to come.

|Zach|
11-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Its understandable for so many to want Holmes to still be the guy.

I just feel like a lot of people are cheering for a number 31 of past years...not the one that is slamming into the backs of our offensive lineman.

old_geezer
11-07-2005, 06:25 AM
I haven't bothered to read all the responses, but I'd go with LJ right now and here's why; Priest has had season ending injuries two of the last three seasons and he's injured AGAIN right now. He's basically wore out and LJ is the young gun with more speed and more power. I have as much loyality to the players as most of them have to the team they play for - none. I'll go with the player with the most upside. It works well in Philidelphia. LJ will be around quite a while after Priest hangs them up IMO.

Extra Point
11-07-2005, 06:36 AM
Carl Peterson and Dick Vermiel were the names of my right and left shoes. I am done eating, thank you very much.

Rausch
11-07-2005, 06:49 AM
I think what you are ignoring is our fading offensive line that it does no good for Priest to be patient to find holes they are no longer producing.

Part of the reason I believe it is time for LJ to become the starter is he can get yards when no hole is there. I think that is going to be more and more of a need for a while to come.

Exactly.

I think our banged up O line hurts Holmes production more than LJ's because LJ can lower the shoulder and pick up another 2-3 yards going down...

jspchief
11-07-2005, 07:21 AM
I thought LJ looked like sh*t yesterday.

Extra Point
11-07-2005, 07:39 AM
I thought LJ looked like sh*t yesterday.
:shake:

PastorMikH
11-07-2005, 08:44 AM

At what point and what does LJ have to do to earn that right? Until yesterday I would have been arguing hard with you. But yesterday I saw something change in LJ in that 4th quarter. I saw a kid finally step up and show that when the game is on the line, he can put it on his shoulders and get us the W.

Every star at some point has to yield to the younger players. Most notably was a healthy Montana sitting on the bench watching a kid by the name of Steve Young take over his starting job. It happened to Marcus in Oakland, Bettis in Pittsburg, and many, many more. Priest is to the point in his career that he is getting more fragile, LJ has shown that he can be the man. Priest is the sentimental favorite, but LJ is the one that is healthy and is staying healthy at this point.

Naming LJ as the primary back is not throwing Priest on the scrap pile either. Priest is still an awesome RB. I still remember what would happen in those short-yardage situations when Marcus stepped onto the field. The entire D would key on him and leave recievers wide open. Priest could take on that role. Less time would keep Priest healthier and fresher which would allow him to be a greater weapon for us. It would also allow him to play several more years because he in a reduced role, he will take less punishment, thus getting hurt less.

Inspector
11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda, it's all speculation. Priest had to win over DV...then he had to produce...and still you are not happy. HE has earned the right to be our starter.

Ow....

No need to shout. We're right here.

StcChief
11-07-2005, 12:34 PM
LJ should get most carries now.

Concussion's are bad news,

I hate to see priest health issues in 5 years if more bell ringing happens this year.

Wichita Lineman
11-07-2005, 12:36 PM
c'mon guys your giving LJ all this praise for a game against the Raiders. It's the Raiders,not the colts,not the Broncos it's the Raiders.This guy has no class and couldn't carry Priest jock. If you think he can replace him you need help,seriously check yourselves into therapy immediately.

htismaqe
11-07-2005, 12:46 PM
c'mon guys your giving LJ all this praise for a game against the Raiders. It's the Raiders,not the colts,not the Broncos it's the Raiders.This guy has no class and couldn't carry Priest jock. If you think he can replace him you need help,seriously check yourselves into therapy immediately.

No class?

ROFL