PDA

View Full Version : Low quality, non-"english" speaking commentators/announcers!!

BigVE
11-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I listen to many different commentators/analysts week after week and many of them speak TERRIBLE english or have terrible stuttering problems. Today on at least 4 seperate occasions I heard ONE commentator trying to talk OVER the other one by doing the forced stutter..."and and and and and...", or "but but but but...". Then there are 2 different ones that need to have subtitles just to understand what they are saying: Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin. So this doesn't turn into a "racial" thing, Randy Cross was one of the ones Im complaining about. Sure, its "only" football, but do the execs at the different networks just figure that our intelligence as football fans is so low that good english and grammar isnt that important?

PS. While typing this Tom Jackson did the forced stutter/interrupt 2 different times. Terrible.

ModSocks
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
lol. What should we do? replace them with robots? I mean, have you forgotten that they are human? Relax, who the hell cares. Annoncers are probably just like players, good talent is hard to find. You act like it is some super easy job, when somone gets excited, not all words come out of there mouths right. I'd like to listen to your grammer while you watch the game =).

Phobia
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I think you have high standards or or or somthing.

JBucc
11-06-2005, 06:46 PM
But it's funny as hell to watch them try and make sense so they should stay.