PDA

View Full Version : One Reason Why the D-Line Sux

B_Ambuehl
11-07-2005, 12:39 PM
How the hell do you expect to generate inside pressure on obvious passing downs when your 3rd and long defense includes a 3 man line with Jimmy Wilkerson at NT?

The Chiefs base package includes Dalton at NT and Browning at 3-technique at the DT position in the 4-3. On passing downs Dalton always leaves and sometimes both of them leave. Wilkerson comes in, sometimes as the only tackle, and Carlos Hall often comes in at end.

Don't get me wrong I like Wilkerson but he's not a NT in a 3 man line. People wanna bitch about Carlos Hall being ineffective but when Hall is in the game on 3rd downs he doesn't have a chance because of the defense being run.

The only thing that should change on 3rd downs is shift Allen to the left to replace Hicks and bring Hall in at RE.

I understand Dalton needs an occassional break but as much as anything else this defensive line is not effective getting presure because of the way it's being called by the staff.

Sure-Oz
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
we have no pass rusher at all besides Allen, and he looks awesome compared to the rest of the scrubs, now allen and a legit rusher on the other side would be awesome

B_Ambuehl
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Hall is a legit rusher but they're not putting him in a position where he can use his talent.

Lzen
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
They really need to replace Hicks. Draft a DE that can come in and start. I notice that even when Hicks gets past his blocker and comes at the QB, he doesn't have the speed to get a sack. It's pathetic.

Rain Man
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure why you would deem Wilkerson an ineffective nose tackle in a certain passing situation. He's not the kind of guy who'll relentlessly push the center backwards, but I think I think he can still generate pressure.