PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Done

Hoover
11-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Reid just said at his press conference that TO is suspended for 4 games by the team, and will not return to that team after that time.

Hmm antother Fantasy team bites the dust.

morphius
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Damn, I'm glad I have LT on that team.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
good riddance retard.

Bowser
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Next question:

What is the next team to take a chance on TO?

Uatu
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
How long until someone suggests we go after him. :shake:

Bowser
11-07-2005, 02:12 PM

KChiefsQT
Reid just said at his press conference that TO is suspended for 4 games by the team, and will not return to that team after that time.

Hmm antother Fantasy team bites the dust.
:banghead: I knew I should have let him sit...but he was looking so pretty at the end of the second round.

Hoover
It sounds like its just like the Keyshawn Tampa bay thing, he is stuck in Philly till the end of the season.

Dude cost himself like 50 mil when its all said and done

R&GHomer
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Normaly I'd say a guy understanding this could be his last shot could wise up, and might be worth the risk but TO is a moron.

KChiefsQT
11-07-2005, 02:15 PM
chiefsman1960something made a thread. hehehe.
TO needs a coach like Parcells that would rip his ass into threads if he acts up.

morphius
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Next question:

I would guess AZ if they already didn't have a house full of stud WR's. He already burned bridges in SF and Baltimore. The Raiders is probably the correct home for him, but who knows if they can handle having both the Moss and Owens on one team.

DMAC
11-07-2005, 02:24 PM
can tagliabue ban him?

greg63
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM

...Don't need/want him.

Bowser
11-07-2005, 02:31 PM
can tagliabue ban him?

On grounds of him being an asshole? Nope.

Joe Seahawk
11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
The Eagles are doing the worst possible thing to TO (And I agree with it)

They are suspending him without pay for four games (max allowed) then they will put him on the inactive list for the remainder of the season. I believe he will get paid when he is on the inactive list.

Duck Dog
11-07-2005, 02:36 PM
...Don't need/want him.

We need him/but agree that we don't want him.

morphius
11-07-2005, 02:37 PM
The Eagles are doing the worst possible thing to TO (And I agree with it)

They are suspending him without pay for four games (max allowed) then they will put him on the inactive list for the remainder of the season. I believe he will get paid when he is on the inactive list.
Yup, there are only so many times that you can be allowed to bash the team, orginization, and proven leaders on your team before they just have to put you on ignore.

I guess the real question is, which pregame show hires him first?

mike_b_284
11-07-2005, 02:37 PM
while his personality befits a roider, they need a qb worth half a shit before they get anymore star receivers.

jAZ
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
The funny thing about this is that it seems that all this started when TO decided to ditch his agent and go with Drew Rosenhaus. Drew doesn't get paid a dime unless TO gets a new contract.

TO has taken nearly $1M dollars out of his own pocket with his antics (he loses $200K+/game for the 4 games).

He's then going to get cut at some point in the offseason. Drew gets what Drew wants with is his 15% cut of a new contract.

That contract however, is probably going to be a Ricky Williams type incentive laden deal, tied to TO playing well, playing regularly and not being TO off the field.

I don't see how TO can make any more money than he was making with the environment he's created for himself. He's a lockerroom cancer and the demand for his services have to be about as low as possible.

This all works out great for his agent because Drew doesn't get squat unless TO signs a new deal. But he gets something more than nothing, no matter how bad an eventual deal TO signs.

I hope this is how it plays out.

TO loses a million bucks this year and more than that in the years ahead.

KCChiefsMan
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Will Terrell Owens play in the NFL again?

What team would take him and they would probably have to shell out some big bucks, big risk with a high reward, but I think the risk outweighs the reward right now.....

GoTrav
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
nothing on his official site yet, but at least you can still vote him to the Pro Bowl :)

http://www.terrellowens.com/index.php?vo=48

KCChiefsMan
11-07-2005, 02:43 PM
man I wish this would have happened before we played the Eagles, we would have won damnit!

GoTrav
11-07-2005, 02:43 PM
it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Will Terrell Owens play in the NFL again?

What team would take him and they would probably have to shell out some big bucks, big risk with a high reward, but I think the risk outweighs the reward right now.....

don't see him getting a new deal without some expectations put in place and in print. Definately a gag clause and controlled interview access. Teams should learn from this and put some protection clauses in there to protect themselves from his dumbassery, but the bargaining power is definatley not in his favor. If he would have just kept his mouth shut and been somewhat of a model teammate he would be in a lot better position.

Calcountry
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Looks like a year in NFL Europe for TO

StcChief
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
TO in NFL Europe... :) :rolleyes: ROFL

he can spout off there and no one understands him.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2005, 02:56 PM
That's great news I wish nobody would hire that POS to play anymore.

morphius
11-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Shouldn't we have a countdown to Whitlock writing how the NFL, Eagles, etc are all racisist because this is the way that... I'm just going to stop there, but YOU know it is coming.

Sure-Oz
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
he wont get his $$$ now from anyone, rent a player every year from here on out.

el borracho
11-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Hmm, I don't have espn at home so all my football comes from a few moments of pregame crap on Sundays, from watching the Chiefs (usually without audio) in a sports bar, and from the internet. While I am aware that T.O. is an obnoxious moron I am wondering WTF did T.O. say or do that is so outrageous? Were his words/ actions really more detrimental to the Eagles than cutting him is going to be? He is unquestionably a top 5 receiver in the league. Arguably the #1 receiver in the league.

stevieray
11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
'bout damn time.

the media helped create him, now they can keep talking about him...being on the sidelines.

:clap:

I don't think it's a coincidence the Eagles are stumbling, in fact, I would say that arrogant azz is a big part of it.

morphius
11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Hmm, I don't have espn at home so all my football comes from a few moments of pregame crap on Sundays, from watching the Chiefs (usually without audio) in a sports bar, and from the internet. While I am aware that T.O. is an obnoxious moron I am wondering WTF did T.O. say or do that is so outrageous? Were his words/ actions really more detrimental to the Eagles than cutting him is going to be? He is unquestionably a top 5 receiver in the league. Arguably the #1 receiver in the league.
He said things like Farve would be a lot better QB then the one he has now. That the Eagles are supposed to be this high class orginization, but didn't do anything at all to celebrate HIS 100th TD. Blah Blah Blah.

kc rush
11-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Looks like a year in NFL Europe for TO

Just another reason for Europeans to hate us.

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 04:18 PM
I would guess AZ if they already didn't have a house full of stud WR's. He already burned bridges in SF and Baltimore. The Raiders is probably the correct home for him, but who knows if they can handle having both the Moss and Owens on one team.

I don't think any team could handle that, but I'd sure like to see the fade try. :D

And don't forget, they also have Warren Sapp. Between those three egotistical loud mouths, that team would be in disarray for years to come.

greg63
11-07-2005, 04:30 PM
We need him/but agree that we don't want him.

Yea, I should have specified. We need his talent, not his attitude. :D

Area 51
11-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Sorry Hoover, I put this up before I saw your thread.

Reports are out that the Eagles will deactivate T.O. with pay for the remainder of the year after his suspension. The story goes on to say that it is likely that he will be released in March so they won't have to pay the roster bonus.

I'm sure someone will pick him up, I just hopes it's a team that couldn't play their way out of the basement regardless of who they had.

He's probably one of the best in the league at what he does, but he is also undoubtedly the best at screwing the team he plays for as well as his teammates.

My basic comment for T.O. would be "Good Riddance".

Sully
11-07-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm gonna guess Falcons...

Molitoth
11-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Everyone should start watching Brandon Lloyd in San Fran becoming one of the NFL's best. He's a hometowner anyways.

I'm glad TO is getting what he deserves.

Area 51
11-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Everyone should start watching Brandon Lloyd in San Fran becoming one of the NFL's best. He's a hometowner anyways.

I'm glad TO is getting what he deserves.

What he deserves can't be printed for fear of a lawsuit!!!

Molitoth
11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
What he deserves can't be printed for fear of a lawsuit!!!

This is true.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-07-2005, 05:29 PM
East Coast analysts are predicting the Broncos pick him up to replace Rod Smith when he retires.

ROYC75
11-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Why couldn't that plugger had done this before the KC game ?

Mr. Laz
11-07-2005, 05:59 PM
just said that TO would be losing 800k in lost money for the 4 game suspension game check.

the iggles are also supposed to be going after 1.8 in signing bonus.

plbrdude
11-07-2005, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Hoover]Reid just said at his press conference that TO is suspended for 4 games by the team, and will not return to that team after that time.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Frazod
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Why couldn't that plugger had done this before the KC game ?

I was thinking the same thing. :banghead:

CosmicPal
11-07-2005, 06:51 PM
You know, if the media and everyone would just shut up about it, then maybe I could trade T.O. to an unsuspecting fantasy owner in my league.

chief52
11-07-2005, 06:54 PM
just said that TO would be losing 800k in lost money for the 4 game suspension game check.

the iggles are also supposed to be going after 1.8 in signing bonus.

Yes, but the player's association has already filed a grievance. T.O. will probably get all his pay! Damn, I hope not, but my money is on the player's association.

jAZ
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't blame TO for wanting to renegotiate, but he made an ass out of himself and shredded his team by taking the path he did.

And it was entirely unnecessary (see Brian Westbrook).

I don't "root" for players to get injured, but if TO were to suffer a career threatening injury before while he's out (and still under contract to the Eagles)... I'd probably chuckle.

Psyko Tek
11-07-2005, 06:59 PM
TO will be fine 'cause...

he's got Honey Roasted Nuts

:loser:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-07-2005, 07:01 PM
That's gotta suck for all the Eagles fans that bought his jersey.

Skip Towne
11-07-2005, 07:12 PM
I wish just this once TO would find zero interest in his services. Copletely out of football. He would be a great bad example to other players with attitude problems. But as he continues to get away with his shit it just breeds more of it.

RedThat
11-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Next question:

Im placing my bets that, nobody will pick him up. I think he damaged his career.

4th and Long
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I wish just this once TO would find zero interest in his services. Copletely out of football. He would be a great bad example to other players with attitude problems. But as he continues to get away with his shit it just breeds more of it.
Totally agree. 100%. The league needs to make an example of this jerk. They should incorporate it into the rules and name it, "The Leon Statute" ... or something.

RedThat
11-07-2005, 07:21 PM

Nobody should sign this guy. I hope nobody signs him just to teach this sumbitch a lesson. Let him sit on his a** for a year. Maybe then, he'll wake up and realize what he is doing wrong.

CosmicPal
11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Nobody should sign this guy. I hope nobody signs him just to teach this sumbitch a lesson. Let him sit on his a** for a year. Maybe then, he'll wake up and realize what he is doing wrong.

The guy's got an over-inflated ego. He will always carry that ego around with him. He loves the attention- he craves it. It doesn't matter to him whether it's good or bad, just as long as he's getting attention.

If the Raiders had any cap space, I could almost assure you Davis would be all over TO. But, the fact is- I don't think any head coach is interested in picking him up 'cause it would be an insult to Reid and his staff. I think all coaches admire each other in that they wouldn't want to insult each other in such a way.

RedThat
11-07-2005, 07:31 PM
chiefsman1960something made a thread. hehehe.
TO needs a coach like Parcells that would rip his ass into threads if he acts up.

I doubt Parcells would even help. Its in TOs brain right now that, its all him and nobody else. He loves to be the centerpiece of attention, nobody is going to change that. Hes a classic example of a selfish, sophisticated, attention craving whore who is poisonous to team morale. The guy is twisted and dimented. Nobody should sign him. I even think the NFL should do something.

He is a bad example for the game of football. After all, football is a team sport, TO is an example of a guy who doesnt show that, its all him, him, him, him. Hes poisonous to morale around the league too.

Once again, nobody should sign this guy. Nobody needs any of his bologny.

Chiefnj
11-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Bad move by Philly.

Owens, the Eagles team and the Eagles fans are getting jobbed.

The Eagles knew what they were getting when they signed him. Owens didn't have to do a phenomenal amount of rehab and risk a career ending injury to play in the Super Bowl, but he did and he played well and he gave the Eagles a chance to win. The Eagles could have moved some money around as a thank you to Owens for making that effort. When you have an egotistical athlete like Owens who needs the extra attention, it is something the team should have done.

The interview that led to this problem has been completely blown out of proportion. Owens simply answered a question about a statement that Irvin made. Would the Eagles be better with Favre. He said yes, big deal. It wasn't the politically correct thing to say, but he was being TO - he was being honest. As far as the Eagles being "classless", Owens has a point. He achieved a rare milestone and the team chose not to honor it. If McNabb was poised to set a QB record I think there probably would have been some type of recognition of the effort.

So now the most talented WR in the league isn't going to play, the team is worse off for it and the fans are robbed of the team fielding a player who gives them the best chance to win.

el borracho
11-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Wow. I find it hard to believe that some goofy TD celebrations and the following could inspire such hate for the guy. He said things like Farve would be a lot better QB then the one he has now. That the Eagles are supposed to be this high class orginization, but didn't do anything at all to celebrate HIS 100th TD. Blah Blah Blah.
Is there really not more?

RedThat
11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
The guy's got an over-inflated ego. He will always carry that ego around with him. He loves the attention- he craves it. It doesn't matter to him whether it's good or bad, just as long as he's getting attention.

If the Raiders had any cap space, I could almost assure you Davis would be all over TO. But, the fact is- I don't think any head coach is interested in picking him up 'cause it would be an insult to Reid and his staff. I think all coaches admire each other in that they wouldn't want to insult each other in such a way.

Ok maaaybe the Raiders, but, even them, I still dont see them taking a chance. Redskins maaaaybe them too. But I doubt it. I think he screwed himself man.

It was funny, there was talk that Atlanta might get him. After all, hes from there and knows Micheal Vick. Both Rich Eisen and Jim Mora were talking about this on NFL Access. You know what Jim Mora said? He said, "If my son signs TO, I will dissown him!"
ROFL ROFL I thought that was funny coming out of Moras mouth.

stevieray
11-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Bad move by Philly.

Owens, the Eagles team and the Eagles fans are getting jobbed.

The Eagles knew what they were getting when they signed him. Owens didn't have to do a phenomenal amount of rehab and risk a career ending injury to play in the Super Bowl, but he did and he played well and he gave the Eagles a chance to win. The Eagles could have moved some money around as a thank you to Owens for making that effort. When you have an egotistical athlete like Owens who needs the extra attention, it is something the team should have done.

The interview that led to this problem has been completely blown out of proportion. Owens simply answered a question about a statement that Irvin made. Would the Eagles be better with Favre. He said yes, big deal. It wasn't the politically correct thing to say, but he was being TO - he was being honest. As far as the Eagles being "classless", Owens has a point. He achieved a rare milestone and the team chose not to honor it. If McNabb was poised to set a QB record I think there probably would have been some type of recognition of the effort.

So now the most talented WR in the league isn't going to play, the team is worse off for it and the fans are robbed of the team fielding a player who gives them the best chance to win.

Gawd, the excuses people make are pathetic. If anyone is repsonsible for the fans being "jobbed"...it's Terrell Owens.

Kerberos
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Gawd, the excuses people make are pathetic. If anyone is repsonsible for the fans being "jobbed"...it's Terrell Owens.

YUP...

The Jackass talked his way right off the team.

Some people just don't have a clue on what its like to bite thier tongue.

Raiderhater
11-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Wow. I find it hard to believe that some goofy TD celebrations and the following could inspire such hate for the guy.
Is there really not more?

It would seem that he also got into a fist fight with Hugh Douglas yesterday or the day before. And the funny thing is, Douglas has been one of TO's supporters through his various controversies.

From what I've heard, TO threw the first punch.

Hoover
11-07-2005, 10:35 PM
It would seem that he also got into a fist fight with Hugh Douglas yesterday or the day before. And the funny thing is, Douglas has been one of TO's supporters through his various controversies.

From what I've heard, TO threw the first punch.
What is Douglas doing hanging around in the Pkilly Locker room, any onw think thats a bit wierd?

Frazod
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
What is Douglas doing hanging around in the Pkilly Locker room, any onw think thats a bit wierd?

He's the team's "ambassador," whatever the hell that means.

chefsos
11-07-2005, 10:50 PM
T.O. is misunderstood. The media, fans, and corporate suits in the NFL are to blame for this travesty. T.O. is the sweetest human you'd ever want to meet, but he won't stand for injustice. His balls are tasty, too.

Signed,
Fred Mitchell

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 11:12 PM
I think Douglas was released and then resigned at some point. He hasn't appeared in a game yet though.