PDA

View Full Version : T.O. a Chief?

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm just throwing it out for discussion. I know he's a nut, but he is the best at his position. If anybody could handle him I believe DV would be the HC that could. Can you imagine our offense if we had a deep threat like T.O. on the field. Automatic playoff entry and at least a very good chance to making the SB. Very tempting.

Sportswax
11-07-2005, 02:15 PM
S.F. then Philly, and you think D.V. wants that headache? Bad press is too much of a distraction, and that guy is a P.R. Nightmare, despite his obvious talent. He's no team player, that's for sure.

Bowser
11-07-2005, 02:16 PM
:shake:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128372

Fish
11-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd rather have Junior Siavii convert to WR than have T.O. on this team...............................

Brock
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Sure, why not. He's only destroyed every team he's ever played for.

alpha_omega
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
NFW!

Skip Towne
11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
He needs to get into golf or tennis. He has no business on a team.

Taco John
11-07-2005, 02:22 PM
DV has a hard enough time keeping a personality like LJ in check, let alone someone with a bigger pair of daipers.

Calcountry
11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
How about a contingency written into the contract, that stipulates any talking to the media is to be done with a mutually agreed upon media representative doing all the talking. Any unsupervised media contact, other than "no comment" by TO would render his contract null and void and he would be cut immediately.

That is about what it would take FOR ANYONE to sign this fool.

Calcountry
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
DV has a hard enough time keeping a personality like LJ in check, let alone someone with a bigger pair of daipers.How'd you like them diapers yesterday bitch?

Calcountry
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
He needs to get into golf or tennis. He has no business on a team.Bowling, now there is a sport he could really excel at.

Dartgod
11-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Threads like this should be cause for immediate banning.

greg63
11-07-2005, 02:29 PM
He needs to get into golf or tennis. He has no business on a team.

Yup!! :thumb:

Bearcat2005
11-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Whats with this stupid thread....it has been recycled and discussed several times.....No....a large majority of Chiefs fans do not want T.O.

PunkinDrublic
11-07-2005, 02:32 PM
DV has a hard enough time keeping a personality like LJ in check, let alone someone with a bigger pair of daipers.

If that were the case Kennison would have been gone a long time ago. Remember all the donk fans saying he's a quitter he won't last. It's been what 3 years now.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I sense a little a bit of the MOB mentality going on regarding T.O.

I believe there' s an opportunity here. I doubt Chiefs will take it, but looking at our remaining schedule of games, having him on our team would not hurt at all. We can not afford to lose many more games. We have SD and Denver in our division who both look playoff bound. We lose we're done! Based on what I've been reading 10-6 may not get us in the playoffs so if true we can only drop 2 games. 6-2 isn't going to be easy with the way our "3 and out" O has been playing lately.

Uatu
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
If that were the case Kennison would have been gone a long time ago. Remember all the donk fans saying he's a quitter he won't last. It's been what 3 years now.

very good point. thanks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I know he's a nut, but he is the best at his position.
Keep f**king doubting Eddie Kennison.

Uatu
11-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Threads like this should be cause for immediate banning.

:clap:

Inspector
11-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Wouldn't we need to get Trent a little more protection so he could have time to heave the ball to TO if TO was here?

And....if we give Trent some protection, he might do OK without TO? Maybe?

TO is cancer and the chemo aint working. Great performers can be detrimental to the team - and if you've ever led a team, you know what I mean.

Uatu
11-07-2005, 02:44 PM
He played for the 49ers, and alienated this QB and coaching staff, made himself the object of attention, and the team imploded. Coach fired, QB gone, etc. Sure, not all his fault, but he wasn't helping.

Now in Philly, his team has sunk to last place, he's alienated the QB and many of his teammates, their playoff hopes are fading.

The guy is an albatross. Some team will give him a chance to play for them, but don't expect anything different. Leopards don't change their spots.

jspchief
11-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Two NFL teams have already determined his athletic abilities aren't enough to offset his antics. That tells me everything I need to know.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I believe there' s an opportunity here. Yes, an opportunity to completely obliterate any team chemistry we have especially after the big score yesterday. having him on our team would not hurt at all.
unless you count alienating his team mates, disrespecting his coaches and being on off the field enigma as problems.

note; I wanted to say "pariah" but I didn't know how to spell it.

Bowser
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
If ever there was poetic justice in the world, the Eagles would trade T.O. to the Ravens, for like a fifth rounder.

Won't ever happen, but good lawd that would be the funniest damned thing ever....

Logical
11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Talent is talent and TO puts out 100%+ when on the field. I could care less about his off the field antics. Get him if we can to finish the season. Let him go through FA during the offseason.

Logical
11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I sense a little a bit of the MOB mentality going on regarding T.O.

I believe there' s an opportunity here. I doubt Chiefs will take it, but looking at our remaining schedule of games, having him on our team would not hurt at all. We can not afford to lose many more games. We have SD and Denver in our division who both look playoff bound. We lose we're done! Based on what I've been reading 10-6 may not get us in the playoffs so if true we can only drop 2 games. 6-2 isn't going to be easy with the way our "3 and out" O has been playing lately.
HUH???

What is this we lose we are done? Last time I checked we only have 3 losses. Are you honestly saying it will take a 13-3 record to win the division. I think you have lost it if you believe that.

The Rick
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I doubt T.O.'s going anywhere this year except home to watch the games on TV in between workout sessions on his front lawn.

The trade deadline for the NFL has come and gone which means he can't be traded. The Eagles could release him, however, he'd then be subject to waivers with the worst teams having first crack at claiming him.

I doubt the Eagles do that though. They suspend him for the next 4 games and pay him nothing, then, make him "inactive" for the last 4 games and pay him. Then, they try to trade him for whatever they can get for him in the offseason.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
relax you guys. sit down and take a couple of deep breaths. don't be too sensitive here it's only a discussion board.

Thig Lyfe
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
I would love TO on this team if his ego were even down around Randy Moss levels. But I have a feeling he'd conflict with TG over catches somehow. If we knew for sure our chemistry were strong enough to withstand TO, I would be 100% for TO.

Logical
11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
I doubt T.O.'s going anywhere this year except home to watch the games on TV in between workout sessions on his front lawn.

The trade deadline for the NFL has come and gone which means he can't be traded. The Eagles could release him, however, he'd then be subject to waivers with the worst teams having first crack at claiming him.

I doubt the Eagles do that though. They suspend him for the next 4 games and pay him nothing, then, make him "inactive" for the last 4 games and pay him. Then, they try to trade him for whatever they can get for him in the offseason.Good point

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Some idiotic team will give him a chance and acquire him for a pick.

But I think Owens cost himself any big-money he was going to get. And let's not forget that he is not young. He's been in the league for 10 years now. In a month he'll be 33 years old. This isn't a guy who has 5 years left in him to give your team.

He probably blew his chance to get huge money before his career ended. He's at the age where players sign their one last big contract and then finish it out. In another year or two he could have fallen off considerably.

Can't even begin to think how many millions of dollars his inability to keep his trap shut will end up costing him.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
HUH???

What is this we lose we are done? Last time I checked we only have 3 losses. Are you honestly saying it will take a 13-3 record to win the division. I think you have lost it if you believe that.

VL- read my post again. I said that I've read that 10-6 may not get us in the playoffs that means 6-2 would have to be our record the second half of the season. Not an easy task given our schedule. If SD is 10-6 they get in. So 11-5 will assure us a seat. We can not afford to lose games we should win.

digi2fish
11-07-2005, 03:56 PM
noway DV HANDLES TO.
he can't even handles LJ well....

stevieray
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
zero chance

Otter
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm neg repping anyone who even mentions bringing that tumor to Kansas City.

It's on the way.