PDA

View Full Version : Brian Westbrook gets 5year extension, T.O. Gets Owned.

teedubya
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Westbrook signs five-year extension

Associated Press
National Football League News Wire

PHILADELPHIA -- Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook signed a five-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.

Westbrook had been seeking a long-term deal since the end of last season. He held out the first week of training camp and ended talks in September after saying he was "disrespected" by the team's offer.

The deal reportedly is worth almost $25 million and includes bonuses of $9-$10 million.

"I'm glad the Eagles have recognized my talents and dedication to this team," Westbrook said. "Philadelphia is a great football city and a great place to play and we have had a winning tradition on this team that I want to continue to be a part of. The fans are very passionate and have been very supportive of me and this team."

Westbrook, who has complained about not getting enough carries this season, had only 24 yards rushing on 17 carries in a 17-10 loss to Washington on Sunday night. He has rushed for 328 yards and one touchdown, and has 43 catches for 478 yards and four TDs this season.

With the Eagles needing 4 yards for a first down and 7 yards for a possible tying touchdown in the final minutes against the Redskins, Westbrook inexplicably wasn't on the field for the final two plays.

A fourth-year pro, Westbrook had a breakout year in 2004 with 812 yards rushing and 73 catches for 703 yards in 13 games. He signed a one-year restricted free agent offer for $1.43 million in the offseason.

"Brian is a big part of this offense and a big part of this team as a representative on and off the football field," coach Andy Reid said. "I'm really happy for Brian. It's a great thing for him and the team to have him signed to a long-term contract. I really believe both the player and the team benefit from each other."

Westbrook's contract situation had been overshadowed by Terrell Owens' demands for a new deal and the All-Pro wideout's volatile relationship with management and his feud with quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Owens was suspended indefinitely by the Eagles on Saturday, two days after he criticized the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.

A third-round pick from Villanova in 2002, Westbrook's size -- he's generously listed at 5-foot-10 and 205 pounds in Philadelphia's media guide -- caused doubts he'd be able to handle the rigors of being a featured back.

But he missed just one game because of injury last year, with a broken rib, and missed only one regular-season game in both 2002 and 2003. He did miss the postseason two years ago with a torn triceps.

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I was just wondering, why aren't there any TO threads on the front page? :hmmm:

[/sarcasm]

teedubya
11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
HEH.

FUTO

Dunit35
11-07-2005, 04:44 PM
F**k T.O. I hope he never plays again, he doesnt deserve anything good involving football.

Megbert
11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
F**k T.O. I hope he never plays again, he doesnt deserve anything good involving football.

2 words for the NFL and TO - Saskatchewan Roughriders. Let him play some football up North eh.

BigChiefFan
11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
I give the Eagles credit for going after the TEAM player and signing Westbrook to a 5 year deal. For being a HB, he's a catching machine.

Bowser
11-07-2005, 05:28 PM
2 words for the NFL and TO - Saskatchewan Roughriders. Let him play some football up North eh.

If it's good enough for Brock Middlebrook..............

teedubya
11-07-2005, 09:35 PM
i find it so hilarious, and such a slap in the face to Owns. Whadda gobbler o' cock.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
The Eagles should invest in some offensive linemen in the offseason and run Westbrook more.

Bwana
11-07-2005, 09:41 PM
The Eagles should invest in some offensive linemen in the offseason and run Westbrook more.

ROFL at that avatar. Comedy gold!

Bwana
11-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Oh yeah, and F**K T.O.

chefsos
11-07-2005, 09:55 PM
I wonder if the Eagles are gonna scratch TO's name off his next 4 game checks and give them to Westbrook, just to make the ownage complete.