PDA

View Full Version : So, NE not looking so hot this year.

bishop_74
11-07-2005, 09:44 PM
I think we have a good shot at winning the Patriots game. If our O-line gets back to normal, I think I would even favor the Chiefs.

digi2fish
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM
umm....
it's the Colts way too hot this year...

HolmeZz
11-07-2005, 09:49 PM
No, the Patriots aren't very good this year. The only reason they'll make the playoffs is because they play in the East.

We SHOULD beat them.

bishop_74
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Not to take anything away from the Colts, but NE just looks marginal.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
The Colts are VERY good. That being said, the Pats don't look good at all. I sure am glad we didn't keep that Lilja guy. It's not like we need a replacement for Shields in the near future. :shake:

Reaper16
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Pats are injured as hell

HolmeZz
11-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Colts aren't this good either. Their D'll be exposed by a good rushing team. I think the Bolts and Steelers would beat them.

I think even we match up with them well.

tk13
11-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Colts aren't this good either. Their D'll be exposed by a good rushing team. I think the Bolts and Steelers would beat them.

I think even we match up with them well.
We really do... we have a power running game and Gonzalez can run free through their zone coverage. Stopping Manning is another matter altogether but Gun got after him and rattled him last year... I think we can play right with them.

mlyonsd
11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
F' the Colts.

Plummer will make them look like the Indiana Hoosiers.

cdcox
11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
I think the Colts are the team to beat this year.

JBucc
11-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I think the Colts are the team to beat this year.Really?

ROYC75
11-07-2005, 10:00 PM

I agree...... My pick to win it all this year. ( yes my heart still wants KC
)

tk13
11-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I think they'll have the best record in football. I don't think they fit the profile of a Super Bowl winner though. I think they'd be ripe for an upset.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
The only thing preventing us from matching up really well with New England is our lack of a pass rush.

HolmeZz
11-07-2005, 10:05 PM
The only thing preventing us from matching up really well with New England is our lack of a pass rush.

Surtain OWNS Brady. I love that.

Straight, No Chaser
11-07-2005, 10:23 PM

Absolutely genius

Kerberos
11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Not to take anything away from the Colts, but NE just looks marginal.

They will look like SuperBowl caliber AGAIN when they come to arrowhead. I have this EEEERRRIE feeling!

Amnorix
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Ugh. Patriots are thoroughly average this year. The 4-4 record they will have after this game, and the Win, lose, win, lose, win, lose approach they have taken all indicate that they are just that -- average.

The Colts, meanwhile, are really good, and really want revenge, so the result is no shock.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
It's not over yet. I'd love to see a Brady comeback.

cdcox
11-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Absolutely genius

Half the people on the this thread are saying the Colts aren't that good. They are fooling themselves.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Holy sh*t what a great throw by Manning. He has to be loving this.

Gawd that was a great throw.

HolmeZz
11-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Half the people on the this thread are saying the Colts aren't that good. They are fooling themselves.

They're better than they've been in the past because their D's a little better, but they're FAR from unbeatable; and people can definitely have their way with their D.

Amnorix
11-07-2005, 11:05 PM
It's not over yet. I'd love to see a Brady comeback.

Pfeh. Our defense is cooked. No matter what Brady does, if we can't stop them...

Amnorix
11-07-2005, 11:07 PM
They're better than they've been in the past because their D's a little better, but they're FAR from unbeatable; and people can definitely have their way with their D.

Steelers have a good chance of beating them, IMHO. The Colts are very good, but I agree, hardly unbeatable.

But, LOOK OUT, their schedule is weak -- they have a CHANCE to go undefeated this year because of that. Not likely, but not impossible, because their schedule is truly weak.

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 11:08 PM
So are the Pats ready to agree with Marty yet...?

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Norix....how pathetic is your division?

You're still in first place.

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM

They would be tied with Miami and/or Buffalo if either of those teams had won. :eek:

Amnorix
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
So are the Pats ready to agree with Marty yet...?

I am, and was a long time ago.

Something about this team isn't right though. OUr injuries have been ruinous, but we're also just flat not playing well in areas that shouldn't be THAT affected by injuries. But the margin between good defense adn bad is pretty thin. We went from very good to '01 to VERY bad in '02, and then to great in '03. All it took was a nose guard and upgrading a couple guys in the secondary.

Amnorix
11-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Yeah, we might win the divison by default. AFC East is 10x worse than anyone really expected. Jets are completely ruined by injuries -- not a smany as the Pats, but to more critical positions (like QB).

Bills also took serious injuries, and have a QB problem.

In fact, the whole AFC East QB situation, other than Brady, is a total joke.

But at least we're not the NFC North...

milkman
11-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm still not sold on the Colts.

But I am admittedly biased because of all the media slobbering on Peyton's mangina.

If the Colts should get to, and win, the SB, though, we might as well rename the league the "Manning Football League".

Not sure we aren't already at that point, anyway.

tk13
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
They would be tied with Miami and/or Buffalo if either of those teams had won. :eek:
Yeah I just realized if the Jets had been able to pull out that goal line play yesterday they'd been a game out of first, despite all their injuries. That's crazy. They're still only two back.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 11:19 PM
They're still only two back.

Man. ROFL

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 11:23 PM

But I am admittedly biased because of all the media slobbering on Peyton's mangina.

If the Colts should get to, and win, the SB, though, we might as well rename the league the "Manning Football League".

Yeah, but the opposite is true, there are plenty of Manning haters who never would give him credit until he won a playoff game, and then after he did that because the Patriots owned him (until now) and he couldn't beat them. I wonder what the new reason would be.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm going to call it right now.

New England will beat Indy in the playoffs.

KcMizzou
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM

New England will beat Indy in the playoffs.I don't know that I could root for New England to win it all. But that, I'd find rather amusing.

Eleazar
11-07-2005, 11:35 PM

I like Manning, but that would be damn funny. ROFL

milkman
11-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but the opposite is true, there are plenty of Manning haters who never would give him credit until he won a playoff game, and then after he did that because the Patriots owned him (until now) and he couldn't beat them. I wonder what the new reason would be.

I'm a Manning Hater.

Give me a few minutes, I'll think of one. :p

milkman
11-07-2005, 11:41 PM

Unless the Pats get healthy, and can get back to generating pressure on Manning, and playing physical at the LOS on the WRs, they won't beat the Colts.

The Steelers will.

cdcox
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Unless the Pats get healthy, and can get back to generating pressure on Manning, and playing physical at the LOS on the WRs, they won't beat the Colts.

The Steelers will.

I don't know, two Mary disciples with chokatude to spare, squaring off. The jaw has made it to the SB, but look at how many AFC championship games he has taken to get there. Now consider the game will in all likelihood be played in the RCA dome. The Colts are are balanced enough with James running and deep threats down the middle to pressure the Steelers safeties. That young dude with the hair is good, but not in deep coverage, especially when he has run duty. It will be one for the ages.

Eleazar
11-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I don't think the Steelers would beat the Colts, especially in Indy.

alanm
11-08-2005, 12:10 AM

What?? It's not the Brady Football League anymore?? :eek:

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:13 AM
What?? It's not the Brady Football League anymore?? :eek:

It is now officially the Manning League, didn't you get the memo?

Off subject, when do the Huskers and Wildcats play? I am not liking it too much. :banghead:

alanm
11-08-2005, 12:15 AM
They still haven't played a good defensive team or a team that physically pounds the ball on the ground and runs the clock ie: Pittsburg or Jacksonville or San Diego which the Colts have to play in the coming weeks.
I'd put Denver in there but their psyche is so fragile when it comes to playing the Colts. ROFL

alanm
11-08-2005, 12:18 AM
It is now officially the Manning League, didn't you get the memo?

Off subject, when do the Huskers and Wildcats play? I am not liking it too much. :banghead:
The Bugeaters play the Mildcats this Saturday in Lincoln. If the Bugeaters drop this one I expect to see a public lynching of Callahan and Petersen from a crossbar. I'm going to the game so I'll hang around to watch it if that were to happen. :thumb: :D

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:25 AM
The Bugeaters play the Mildcats this Saturday in Lincoln. If the Bugeaters drop this one I expect to see a public lynching of Callahan and Petersen from a crossbar. I'm going to the game so I'll hang around to watch it if that were to happen. :thumb: :D

Thanks, didn't we have a 15 minute sig bet or something? :D

alanm
11-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Thanks, didn't we have a 15 minute sig bet or something? :D
Did we? I don't remember. If you can find it I'll still do it. :)

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Did we? I don't remember. If you can find it I'll still do it. :)

Not intending to completely highjack this thread.
We did but I do not know how to find it. I do not remember the details but do want to welch on a bet.

joesomebody
11-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I hate Manning. They even make him into an ass on Madden, running all over telling players what to do, just throw the damn ball...

I especially love when he plays at Arrowhead, he invents some retard sign language thing since no one can hear his nuggets of pure genius due to the noise...

Indy sort of reminds me of the '03 KC, weak schedule and lack of playing anyone leads to an awesome record...

Maybe we can return the favor and win a wild-card game, then beat Indy at the RCA Dome.

I can dream right?

alanm
11-08-2005, 02:10 AM
I hate Manning. They even make him into an ass on Madden, running all over telling players what to do, just throw the damn ball...

I especially love when he plays at Arrowhead, he invents some retard sign language thing since no one can hear his nuggets of pure genius due to the noise...

Indy sort of reminds me of the '03 KC, weak schedule and lack of playing anyone leads to an awesome record...

Maybe we can return the favor and win a wild-card game, then beat Indy at the RCA Dome.

I can dream right?
We've proven we match up well with the Colts. It would be a matter of whos defense had improved the most. But I have to admit, they have played better in the last couple of games. It still puzzles me when Gunther goes into a shell and plays that shitty prevent which almost cost the ballgame Sunday. I don't know why he just can't keep attacking and staying with what was working. :hmmm:

Gravedigger
11-08-2005, 05:12 AM
Ummm the reason the colts are 8-0 is cause they've faced easy ass teams all season long which boggles my mind why the NFL would do that. Don't get me wrong they're a damn good team but if they would have faced any good teams yet they would'nt be undefeated. And there is no reason why we shouldnt win the next three games leading up to denver and then kick denvers ass.

milkman
11-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't think the Steelers would beat the Colts, especially in Indy.

It has always been my observation, and contention, that physical defenses that hit the receivers at the line, and get constant pressure, and hits on Manning, effectively neutralize Manning.

Almost every QB, when faced with constant pressure will play at a lower level.

However, many of them, Green, Brady, and Rothlesberger, just to name a couple or three, will stand in and take the pounding.

Manning, on the other hand, well, you can see the transformation into pussy right before your very eyes.

It's almost like freakin' magic.

That is the reason I think Pittsburg beats them, even in Indy.

That is the reason that NE owned him until this game.

The Patriots D this season, is not the same Pats D of the last couple seasons.