PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Done For The Year?

homey
11-07-2005, 10:57 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/story.asp?sport=NFL&storyid=17471

RotoWorld.com and FantasyFootball.com have learned that Priest Holmes will not play in week ten following complications stemming from his head trauma suffered October 30th. Sources close to the situation have revealed that Holmes is unlikely to play again this season. Holmes has openly considered retirement the last two off-seasons. At age 32, it’s fair to wonder if the three-time Pro Bowler will ever put on a Chiefs uniform again.

The situation is eerily similar to the knee injury that ended Holmes’ 2004 season. On November 7th, 2004, Holmes left Kansas City’s game against the Buccaneers with a knee injury. Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil expected Holmes to return to the lineup shortly, but Holmes didn't play another snap. One month later, the Chiefs made it official, placing him on injured reserve. Larry Johnson went on to become one of the best running backs in football during the second half of the season.

The short-term fantasy impact is clear. Larry Johnson will start for the Chiefs against the shaky Bills rush defense this week. He remains a must-start versus nearly any opponent and should be one of the top fantasy running backs for the rest of the season. Acquire him if you can. The Chiefs, who had Samkon Gado on their practice squad earlier this season, should be in the market for a veteran running back. Ethically ambiguous fantasy owners could try to deal Holmes now before the news becomes official.

Gregg Rosenthal directs the football coverage at Rotoworld.com and is the editor-in-chief of the Rotoworld football annual. He co-hosts "The Fix" every Sunday at 10 AM on 104.7 in Pittsburgh.

Contact Gregg Rosenthal

homey
11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Rotoworld isn't the type of site to just throw out info either. Just a heads up.

Simplex3
11-07-2005, 11:01 PM
F**k. I knew I should have traded his ass last week. :banghead:

Oh well. I did trade TO and T. Bell for Holt and McGahee last week before all this crap happened. That guy is hating life right now.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 11:03 PM
This report is bullshit. At least for now.

TRR
11-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Roto World is a joke. Just to reiterate what Dick Vermeil said in his statement the other day...Holmes is not done for the season. I'll trust DV's word over Roto World's.

DV just stated in his show tonight that he thinks Holmes will play, but that he is no doctor.

Simplex3
11-07-2005, 11:08 PM
This report is bullshit. At least for now.
For now? ROFL

Someone always runs the story first. Is the first story always bulls**t?

Hammock Parties
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
For now? ROFL

Someone always runs the story first. Is the first story always bulls**t?

When it comes from a bullshit source, yeah.

Halfcan
11-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Priest will play in 2 weeks. He won't retire until he gets 100 TDS.