PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's final call

katman1
11-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Vermeil’s exciting final call on Sunday was even more suprising when you consider how little imagination there generally is in his play calling.

seclark
11-08-2005, 08:15 AM
i wasn't suprised, but i don't know dick.
sec

jspchief
11-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Imagination in playcalling is usually what hurts us.

Chief Chief
11-08-2005, 08:19 AM
It makes you wonder why they didn't call this play in previous games over the past couple of years when they had 4th and short, and either went for it with some miserable play that failed or, more often than not, punted.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-08-2005, 08:20 AM
I honestly think that not using the imagination is a good thing. I think Saunders has gotten to the point where he's gone completely overboard. I am willing to guess that if we went to a more vanilla offense for a couple of games, you would see an offensive explosion that we are currently missing.

siberian khatru
11-08-2005, 08:37 AM
We should've called a bubble screen to Dante Hall.

jynni
11-08-2005, 08:40 AM
It makes you wonder why they didn't call this play in previous games over the past couple of years when they had 4th and short, and either went for it with some miserable play that failed or, more often than not, punted.
I remember reading an article somewhere that said the exact same thing. It mentioned how great the play was and wondered why it wasn't used more for short yardage instead of just goal line stuff.

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
I remember reading an article somewhere that said the exact same thing. It mentioned how great the play was and wondered why it wasn't used more for short yardage instead of just goal line stuff.

From what I read, the play 20-blast is a favorite short yardage play typically called for Holmes. Since I dont get to break down film, how often or infrequently is this play used?