PDA

View Full Version : Jack Harry is a HACK

KevB
11-09-2005, 08:22 AM
He was just on 810, being interviewed about his Priest "scoop". He couldn't back pedal fast enough. He said he had a source who had never been wrong, so he went with the story. However, he said," Remember, I'm just the messenger. It's not really my story, it's my source's story". What?? So basically, you're an internet message board idiot, who floats a rumor and then doesn't back it up....even though that's your profession? What an embarrassment.

Hey Jack, as a member of the local media, when you go with a story on the nightly news....it's your responsibility!

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 08:24 AM
He was just on 810, being interviewed about his Priest "scoop". He couldn't back pedal fast enough. He said he had a source who had never been wrong, so he went with the story. However, he said," Remember, I'm just the messenger. It's not really my story, it's my source's story". What?? So basically, you're an internet message board idiot, who floats a rumor and then doesn't back it up....even though that's your profession? What an embarrassment.

Hey Jack, as a member of the local media, when you go with a story on the nightly news....it's your responsibility!
No chit. You broadcast it its your story.

Kylo Ren
11-09-2005, 08:25 AM

Hey Jack, as a member of the local media, when you go with a story on the nightly news....it's your responsibility! We all should contact TV 41 and demand that he be fired. This guy needs to get out of the proffession.

sedated
11-09-2005, 08:30 AM
He's trying to get ratings, and he does.

Mr. Kotter
11-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Come on, now.....LVHACK was not Jack Harry.

I know he doesn't post here anymore, really; but it's still out of line to insult a member of the board (past or present) with such vitriolic venom and unconscioncable insult. ;)

siberian khatru
11-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Totally unprofessional. If 41 actually gave a shit, they'd fire him.

And the media scratch their heads and wonder why the public doesn't trust them.

Lzen
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
So what does this mean? That Harry now thinks that his source was incorrect? If this is the case, we should all call and/or email channel 41 and demand that Harry be fired. :D

jspchief
11-09-2005, 08:41 AM

Agreed. If you report a story like that, you better damn well have your ducks in a row.

The guy is a fraud and the TV station is too if they don't take action.

Seek
11-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I am sorry, but I believe this to be true. I argued and argued with my source, who does write about the Chiefs. Until he basically told me that they told him this morning, that the decision is made. It is just not annouced.

I have no reason to doubt this person, other than his absurd love for MAZ.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Having worked in the media for years I can say that the race for ratings... and therefor advertising dollars... is so fierce that if a reporter gets ahold of something that "looks" reliable enough, the station will almost always run with it and tag it with the word rumour to cover thier asses.

I'm not defending anyone. I hate it too. It's made mainstream media into tabloid media... but it's the nature of the beast.

siberian khatru
11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Even if the essense of the story turns out to be true (Priest retires at some point), I still don't want a guy working as a reporter for me if his philosophy is "I'm just the messenger. It's not really my story, it's my source's story". That thinking is going to get you in a heap of trouble.

Brock
11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I think it's probably true.

Demonpenz
11-09-2005, 08:49 AM
i would like to go upto him and say "i'm just the messenger" and then knee him in the balls

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 08:50 AM
I think it's probably true.
Really? How much do you believe it? Are you willing to make a sig pic bet? If Jack Harry is wrong, are you willing to have Jack's picture in your sig with the caption, "Jack Harry is my gay lover!"?

4th and Long
i would like to go upto him and say "i'm just the messenger" and then knee him in the balls
ROFL

I would have picked steel toed shoes but your point is well taken. ROFL

BigRedChief
I am sorry, but I believe this to be true. I argued and argued with my source, who does write about the Chiefs. Until he basically told me that they told him this morning, that the decision is made. It is just not annouced.

I have no reason to doubt this person, other than his absurd love for MAZ.

Yes, thats the second confirmation of this story from inside Arrowhead from people who would know this information and people that I would trust.

It's looking more and more like Harry got it right. So hold off the damnation for now.

dirk digler
11-09-2005, 08:51 AM

And the media scratch their heads and wonder why the public doesn't trust them.

Yep totally 100% agree.

Harry is a tool.

Brock
11-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Really? How much do you believe it? Are you willing to make a sig pic bet? If Jack Harry is wrong, are you willing to have Jack's picture in your sig with the caption, "Jack Harry is my gay lover!"?

What would be in your signature if you lose?

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 08:56 AM
What would be in your signature if you lose?
I don't recall saying I wanted to make a bet with you. I asked how sure you were and if someone called you out on that bet, would you accept it?

Try and keep up here please.

Donger
11-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Is this the same red-haired f*ckwit that always pronounced 'Wimbledon' as 'Wimpleton'?

Brock
11-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I don't recall saying I wanted to make a bet with you. I asked how sure you were and if someone called you out on that bet, would you accept it?

Try and keep up here please.

Huh - That's a pretty stupid theoretical question to ask.

So - just so we're clear here - you don't think Harry is correct? And how sure are you?

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Is this the same red-haired f*ckwit that always pronounced 'Wimbledon' as 'Wimpleton'?
http://mas.scripps.com/KSHB/2003/10/12/jackharry_d.jpg

Donger
11-09-2005, 09:00 AM
http://mas.scripps.com/KSHB/2003/10/12/jackharry_d.jpg

That's the f*ckwit.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Huh - That's a pretty stupid theoretical question to ask.

So - just so we're clear here - you don't think Harry is correct? And how sure are you?
1. Don't call me stupid, you ignorant piece of ... :p

2. No, I don;t believe it.

3. I'm placing 80/20 odds that Jack "The Hack" Harry is cashing in on sweeps week and Priest is not going to announce his retirement this week.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 09:02 AM
That's the f*ckwit.
Sure is. That guy hasn't had a true "scoop" in 20+ years. He's absolutely terrible and has no business doing sports of any kind.

Seek
11-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Yes, thats the second confirmation of this story from inside Arrowhead from people who would know this information and people that I would trust.

It's looking more and more like Harry got it right. So hold off the damnation for now.

I was waiting for you to post this before me.

KcMizzou
i would like to go upto him and say "i'm just the messenger" and then knee him in the ballsHe needs it, true or not.

BigRedChief
Really? How much do you believe it?

Being that I've heard this from two different sources that I trust I would place real money on that bet and I would still hope that I lose that bet.

jidar
11-09-2005, 09:06 AM
He's not a hack yet. We will see.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Being that I've heard this from two different sources that I trust I would place real money on that bet and I would still hope that I lose that bet.
Pardon my ignorance but, do you have some Arrowhead press credentials we can see?

morphius
11-09-2005, 09:10 AM
He's not a hack yet. We will see.
Actually, he was already a hack who should have been fired long ago.

Seek
11-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Pardon my ignorance but, do you have some Arrowhead press credentials we can see?

Well one of the sources that BRC and I know does. I would trust him over Local Media person. He said they told him this morning. The decision is made, it is just not public yet.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 09:14 AM
no, but one of my sources that I believe does. I'm sure its the same one that Seek speaks of. He is a most credible person and if he says he has a source inside Arrowhead telling him this and he states that publically. Thats good enough for me. You can form your own opinion on his credibility. The other source is a players family member. I don't post that stuff here because its still rumor. Maybe the player is just repeating rumors to the family member. Who knows? We are dealing with a legenday Chiefs player. We need to tread lightly or make everything as a rumor.

I'm hearing all this second hand. It's not a fact until Priest gets in front of the microphone. But I'd still put real money on this being true.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Well one of the sources that BRC and I know does. I would trust him over Local Media person. He said they told him this morning. The decision is made, it is just not public yet.
Who is "they?" Without names or their rank in the pecking order Arrowhead, "they" could be a towel boy who saw Harry's piece yesterday and decided it was gospel.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 09:17 AM
no, but one of my sources that I believe does. I'm sure its the same one that Seek speaks of. He is a most credible person and if he says he has a source inside Arrowhead telling him this and he states that publically. Thats good enough for me. You can form your own opinion on his credibility. The other source is a players family member. I don't post that stuff here because its still rumor. Maybe the player is just repeating rumors to the family member. Who knows? We are dealing with a legenday Chiefs player. We need to tread lightly or make everything as a rumor.

I'm hearing all this second hand. It's not a fact until Priest gets in front of the microphone. But I'd still put real money on this being true.
I'll just wait and see how this pans out. For now, it's nothing more than rumor and speculation.

Extra Point
11-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I didn't know Jack Harry wore a toupee. Now that's NEWS!!!! (Unless the towel boy saw another "piece" of Harry....)

Eleazar
True or not, this is BS journalism. When you broadcast it you're putting your name on it.

Breaking news, Jack Harry is a schmuck.

Infidel Goat
http://denise.nichel.net/calvinhobbes/snowart/blackandwhite/effigies.gif

siberian,

With that Calvin and Hobbes script in your signature, I assume that you read the recent piece on Slate (which includes the script in your signature). If not, the slide show that follows this article

Calvin&Hobbes (http://www.slate.com/id/2129373/?nav=mpp)

is worth a read for any self-respecting or self-loathing Calvin and Hobbes fan.

And while I don't want to nitpick, I was thinking . . . shouldn't Calvin want to make the effigies of the people he hates really BIG--so that they would suffer longer?

--Infidel Goat

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Who is "they?" Without names or their rank in the pecking order Arrowhead, "they" could be a towel boy who saw Harry's piece yesterday and decided it was gospel.

Does it matter? Who cares if it was the towel boy or King Carl? We are not presenting this as fact. We are just saying we trust the guy that says he has a source inside Arrowhead that says Priest is done.

We should have something official by the end of the day. Or at least some statement out of Arrowhead. until then its all speculation and not fact.

siberian khatru
11-09-2005, 09:27 AM
http://denise.nichel.net/calvinhobbes/snowart/blackandwhite/effigies.gif

siberian,

With that Calvin and Hobbes script in your signature, I assume that you read the recent piece on Slate (which includes the script in your signature). If not, the slide show that follows this article

Calvin&Hobbes (http://www.slate.com/id/2129373/?nav=mpp)

is worth a read for any self-respecting or self-loathing Calvin and Hobbes fan.

And while I don't want to nitpick, I was thinking . . . shouldn't Calvin want to make the effigies of the people he hates really BIG--so that they would suffer longer?

--Infidel Goat

I did. That's where I found that strip. But it was impossible (for me at least) to copy it from Slate, so I searched the Net until I found it as a standalone on another site.

Thanks for noticing! :thumb:

Seek
11-09-2005, 09:27 AM

All he said was a guy much higher up tsource than Bob Gretz. He does not know when they will announce it though.

Please keep in mind. This source is not reporting this story to be the first person out there breaking the news. He reports it because he sees it as a privelage to report on. Reporting on the Chiefs is not his primary job, so he is very conservative not to report BS.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 09:28 AM
All he said was a guy much higher up tsource than Bob Gretz. He does not know when they will announce it though.

Please keep in mind. This source is not reporting this story to be the first person out there breaking the news. He reports it because he sees it as a privelage to report on. Reporting on the Chiefs is not his primary job, so he is very conservative not to report BS.
810 just said Priests agent is denying reports that he is retiring. But the Chiefs will be holding a press conference today. Looks like ol Jack Harry may end up looking like a moron again

JamSec128
11-09-2005, 09:29 AM
810 just said Priests agent is denying reports that he is retiring. But the Chiefs will be holding a press conference today. They also said the presser today was to clarify the situation with Priest.
Jack Harry WILL end up looking like a moron again

dirk digler
11-09-2005, 09:30 AM
810 just said Priests agent is denying reports that he is retiring. But the Chiefs will be holding a press conference today. They also said the presser today was to clarify the situation with Priest.
Jack Harry WILL end up looking like a moron again

Oops...

KevB
11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
True or not, this is BS journalism. When you broadcast it you're putting your name on it.

Breaking news, Jack Harry is a schmuck.

Exactly. Whether he's right or not in this case is irrelevant. It's the fact that he's not taking responsibility for the story, right or wrong. He'll take the credit if it's right, but blame his source if it's wrong. It's crap, and it makes him no different than someone on the internet who reports a "scoop" based on a rumor.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 09:32 AM

You're asking him to "out" his sources?

Don't be so freaking dense. The reason he HAS sources is because he's been good about keeping them confidential.

If you want to continue to read stuff here FIRST, you won't ask him to reveal his sources.

siberian khatru
11-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Exactly. Whether he's right or not in this case is irrelevant. It's the fact that he's not taking responsibility for the story, right or wrong. He'll take the credit if it's right, but blame his source if it's wrong. It's crap, and it makes him no different than someone on the internet who reports a "scoop" based on a rumor.

Absolutely right.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 09:34 AM
810 reporting a Chiefs press conference scheduled for today. They don't hold pressers to deny rumors.

Seek
11-09-2005, 09:34 AM
I hope he is wrong, but until it is confirmed, I still have no reason to doubt him. Just don't get so skeptical about it that if it does happen, it does not depress you.

Lzen
11-09-2005, 09:52 AM

That's a good thought, but it wouldn't work. Jack Harry has no balls.

tomahawk kid
11-09-2005, 09:54 AM
810 reporting a Chiefs press conference scheduled for today. They don't hold pressers to deny rumors.

Says who?

Lzen
11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if they hold this press conference today to state that Priest will be back this year. I will be sad if Priest does decide that it's time to retire. Does anyone know what time the press conference is supposed to begin?

jspchief
11-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Says who?My inside sources.

RINGLEADER
11-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Jack Harry is never wrong...and he doesn't hide cat pee stains...

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 10:02 AM
My inside sources.

I'm sure it's happened, but has anyone come to the planet with some info from 'inside sources' that turned out to be correct?

I'm thinking of Trent Green's career being over, that Holmes couldn't walk up stairs, that Trotter was about to sign, etc etc

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Says who?
People that heard it on the radio. I can't stream the audio.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if they hold this press conference today to state that Priest will be back this year. I will be sad if Priest does decide that it's time to retire. Does anyone know what time the press conference is supposed to begin?

Why would they hold a presser to say he will be back? Why not release a statement?

Skip Towne
11-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it's happened, but has anyone come to the planet with some info from 'inside sources' that turned out to be correct?

I'm thinking of Trent Green's career being over, that Holmes couldn't walk up stairs, that Trotter was about to sign, etc etc
Well, there was that one guy that warned us about Footballhottie.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I tried to tune into 810 just now but they're talking about KU playing some mannequins tonight.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
I tried to tune into 810 just now but they're talking about KU playing some mannequins tonight.

Then its Nascar with the racin boys and onto Golf............

Lzen
11-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Why would they hold a presser to say he will be back? Why not release a statement?

I don't know. You may very well be correct. Afterall, I don't think it's anything minor if Priest is getting a 3rd opinion. However, it could just be that the first and second opinions were completely different and he's getting a third to go with the best 2 out of 3. I know, that's probably reaching. I just hope that Priest doesn't have to go out like this. Any idea about what time is the press conference? If it's on lunch, I'm gonna be out in my truck listening to the radio.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Someone said that 810 reported his agent denying these rumors. Does anyone have more detail on that?

MOhillbilly
11-09-2005, 10:26 AM
JHARRY has arrived.

JHarry
11-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Here's the official news on Priest Holmes.

The Chiefs have worked out an agreement that will send Holmes to Philadelphia at the end of the season, in exchange for Terrel Owens.

The teams will only accept the players' current contracts, and both players have agreed to honor their existing contracts. As part of that arrangement, the Chiefs will owe Owens a $7 million bonus in 2006, and are treating that as a "signing bonus"

I believe the organization fed me false information about the retirement of Holmes to throw me off and because certain members of the front office have a bone to pick with me. This was an amateur attempt to embarrass me and tarnish my professional image.

Tune in to 41 at noon for the full story.

Thanks
-Jack

Iowanian
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
why would he "retire" even if he were done.....and not get paid this year?

810 has a good point on that.

MOhillbilly
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM

The Chiefs have worked out an agreement that will send Holmes to Philadelphia at the end of the season, in exchange for Terrel Owens.

The teams will only accept the players' current contracts, and both players have agreed to honor their existing contracts. As part of that arrangement, the Chiefs will owe Owens a $7 million bonus in 2006, and are treating that as a "signing bonus"

I believe the organization fed me false information about the retirement of Holmes to throw me off and because certain members of the front office have a bone to pick with me. This was an amateur attempt to embarrass me and tarnish my professional image.

Thanks
-Jack

prepare to be eaten alive.

dirk digler
11-09-2005, 10:30 AM

Thanks
-Jack

ROFL

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 10:32 AM
ROFL

The planet would reach critical mass if that happened ROFL

Seek
11-09-2005, 10:35 AM

Because it would help the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are currently 4 million under the cap. Should Priest Retire, the Chiefs can take the prorated salary bonus still unrealized and use it towards this year. So instead of taking a cap hit next year that can use it this year.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 10:35 AM

jspchief says all NFL players after the 6th week of the NFL get the whole years pay no matter what.

jspchief
11-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Because it would help the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are currently 4 million under the cap. Should Priest Retire, the Chiefs can take the prorated salary bonus still unrealized and use it towards this year. So instead of taking a cap hit next year that can use it this year.Not true. The deadline to do that was November 7th

Iowanian
11-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Priest Holmes cares about Priest Holmes, not the Chiefs pocket book. He'd be stupid not to go on IR and keep getting paid and retire at the end of the year IF!! there is some truth to it. He also has a signing bonus in his pocket for a contract extention that begins next year. Would he have to pay that back?

One thing for sure....something different/strange is going on with his "injury".

Chiefs Pantalones
11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Laz is a HACK.

Can you believe this guy?

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Not true. The deadline to do that was November 7th

Ahhhhh chit :banghead:

Rausch
11-09-2005, 10:44 AM
You're asking him to "out" his sources?

Don't be so freaking dense. The reason he HAS sources is because he's been good about keeping them confidential.

If you want to continue to read stuff here FIRST, you won't ask him to reveal his sources.

True enough.

But if you trust your source enough to repeat the info on the news/web you shouldn't play CYA when asked how sure you are. It might not be your info but it is your story.

Rausch
11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
jspchief says all NFL players after the 6th week of the NFL get the whole years pay no matter what.

Nobody told TO...

Dave Lane
11-09-2005, 10:47 AM

Is he Nick Athan's father?

Nick (wheeezzz ) I am your father...

Dave

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Nobody told TO...

thats a good point jspchief. What up?

jspchief
11-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Nobody told TO...The Eagles can suspend TO for 4 games, paying him nothing. But they are still forced to pay him for the remaining four games. Philly gains no financial advantage by cutting him before March (when he is due a large roster bonus). Sometime before the date whne that roster bonus is due, the eagles will have a small window to try and trade Owens and get something out of him. If they can't trade him, they will cut him priior to his bonus being paid.

Seek
11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Not true. The deadline to do that was November 7th

Oh man I thought it was the 11th. I must be thinking about about my Enrollment for Work Benefits.

Lzen
11-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Still no answer on when the press conference begins. Or is there even gonna be a press conference?

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 12:15 PM
True enough.

But if you trust your source enough to repeat the info on the news/web you shouldn't play CYA when asked how sure you are. It might not be your info but it is your story.

Jack Harry may be doing that (and that would make him a jackass) but Seek and BRC are not. They deserve the benefit of the doubt.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 12:15 PM

"Gunther Cunningham is going to be fired as Head Coach of the Chiefs"

One of our members posted that in 2000.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 12:16 PM
hahaha. I was just discussing this over email with one of my friends, and he told me that Jack Harry has more credibility than anyone in KC except for Len Dawson.

???

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Jack Harry may be doing that (and that would make him a jackass) but Seek and BRC are not. They deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Neither one of us said this was fact.

We said we trust the guy that told us. the dude has press credentials and was told by "someone" in Arrowhead that he trusts that the story was true. He trusts his source. We trust him.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
"Gunther Cunningham is going to be fired as Head Coach of the Chiefs"

One of our members posted that in 2000.

Also 2 weeks ago. We knew that Trent's dad died before the media.

Seek
11-09-2005, 12:42 PM

Well thanks! To clarify a little. The source I have been referring to would be someone like Phobia on this site, (when he is being dead serious and not joking around) and I am not talking about Nick Athan since he is actually Jack Harry's source, {as he shows up Weekly on his show}.

BRC's other source was 100 correct when he confirmed that in fact it was Trents Father who passed away when all the rumors started flying around about being excused for family reasons. So I think his second source is pretty credible so far.

I wanted to argue against this as everyone else, but all logic points to this. We are talking about Priest health and life. would he rather spend the rest of his life with his boys healthy, or possibly risk being paralyzed fighting over playing time with LJ to finish out 8 more games.

When he declares his retirement is the question, but I am pretty sure he is done playing for the Chiefs.

sedated
11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Priest Holmes cares about Priest Holmes

Reporter: "What do you need to do physically to be ready for the season?"

Priest: "Get paid."

the Talking Can
11-09-2005, 12:52 PM
and I am not talking about Nick Athan since he is actually Jack Harry's source, {as he shows up Weekly on his show}.

ROFL

imagine staking your career on Nick Athan...

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
BRC's other source was 100 correct when he confirmed that in fact it was Trents Father who passed away when all the rumors started flying around about being excused for family reasons. So I think his second source is pretty credible so far.

They also has a couple of posters on this site posting that same thing a couple of weeks ago and it turned out to be true. Wonder if they know anything abou this? :hmmm:

Seek
11-09-2005, 12:59 PM
ROFL

imagine staking your career on Nick Athan...

Jack Harry, already failed in his career once. He does not need someone else helping himself go down again.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Jack Harry, already failed in his career once. He does not need someone else helping himself go down again.

Which failure are you referring to?

Seek
11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Which failure are you referring to?

He was fired from the NEWS, where, not sure from where, because I was a kid and couldn't care less. It was like 20 years ago. At that time he lived just down the street from me. I ran around with his son occaisionally, and his whole life crashed. Lost his job, and family(divorce) around the same time.

He used to be the main sports guy on TV, but now the best he can get is spots on the radio and his bitch fest of a show.

Coach
11-09-2005, 01:51 PM
So much for that source that was never been wrong, eh Harry?

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 02:07 PM
As I said before, Jack Harry is a worthless piece of shit. He should be banished from sports reporting forever.

Along that same line, these "inside sources" that Seek and BigRedChief are using also leave much to be desired at this point.

When the truth comes out and Holmes does NOT annouce his retirement by Thursday, I WILL start a thread in which both Seek and BigRedChief will be called upon to appolgize to the board for using misleading reports from their "inside sources" and stirring this shit pot up.

- 4th
a wee bit pissed off about this

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Someone just told me the NFL channel is reporting that Holmes has been put on IR.

Can anyone verify this?

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Someone just told me the NFL channel is reporting that Holmes has been put on IR.

Can anyone verify this?
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Priest pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 02:16 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Priest pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Chiefs | Holmes Going to IR
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:08:43 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs will place RB Priest Holmes (head, shoulder) on Injured Reserve.

Seek
11-09-2005, 02:18 PM
As I said before, Jack Harry is a worthless piece of shit. He should be banished from sports reporting forever.

Along that same line, these "inside sources" that Seek and BigRedChief are using also leave much to be desired at this point.

When the truth comes out and Holmes does NOT annouce his retirement by Thursday, I WILL start a thread in which both Seek and BigRedChief will be called upon to appolgize to the board for using misleading reports from their "inside sources" and stirring this shit pot up.

- 4th

before you go pounding your chest and throwing me under the bus. Please tell me where and when I said it would be announced by Thursday. that was Jack Harry, I am not supporting him at all. I am just supporting the fact that Priest is done playing in the NFL. He will retire and not play again. I know I referenced in this same threatthat MY source did not know when it was going to be made public, but the decision has been made.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Chiefs | Holmes Going to IR
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:08:43 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs will place RB Priest Holmes (head, shoulder) on Injured Reserve.
IR is not retirement and I'm OK with IR if he's hurt.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
before you go pounding your chest and throwing me under the bus. Please tell me where and when I said it would be announced by Thursday. that was Jack Harry, I am not supporting him at all. I am just supporting the fact that Priest is done playing in the NFL. He will retire and not play again. I know I referenced in this same threatthat MY source did not know when it was going to be made public, but the decision has been made.
IF he announces his retirement PRIOR to seasons end, you're off the hook. If not, you'll look good with tire tracks on your chest. :p

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 02:22 PM

Me too. But you quoted my post with your 31 flavors bit like I was spreading rumor or innuendo so I thought I would reply with the IR announcement when it happened minutes later.

Seek
11-09-2005, 02:23 PM

so if he goes on IR knowing he will retire in the off season, Isn't it that the same thing as retiring but just not announcing it.

by they way post #41 is the post where I specifically said my source does not know when they will announce it.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Me too. But you quoted my post with your 31 flavors bit like I was spreading rumor or innuendo so I thought I would reply with the IR announcement when it happened minutes later.
Lighten up Chief. I'm just messin' with ya. :)

dirk digler
11-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Jack the Hack will be on with KK at 3:00pm.

tomahawk kid
11-09-2005, 02:47 PM

"Thank You Simone"

"Fry......Fry......Fry........"

Coach
11-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Jack the Hack will be on with KK at 3:00pm.

Sweet. Quick, someone call them up and diss at Jack the Hack.

tomahawk kid
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Just flipped on 810 and KK is already talking about Priest's career in the past tense.

It's gonna be real interesting to hear what's announced in the next hour.

KK also just insinuated that Marcus Allen is a shady character because he was friends with OJ. His quote was , "I don't want to know everything those guys were involved in".

What a pencil dicked cock monkey.........

:rolleyes:

Seek
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM
IF he announces his retirement PRIOR to seasons end, you're off the hook. If not, you'll look good with tire tracks on your chest. :p

I am off the Hook as long as Priest never suits up again. Cause right now, my source is 100% correct.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM

What he said. Don't shoot us because we believe our "source". We never said it was fact. We said we believed our source who said it was fact.

Priest is done playing for this year. It's on the NFL Network. No way it makes it on there without paperwork being filed.

Find someone else to throw under the bus if your pissesd off.

And BTW I think Jack Harry is a piece of chit

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Your backtracking better than Harry :p

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I am off the Hook as long as Priest never suits up again. Cause right now, my source is 100% correct.
Nuh uh. Anyone can annouce retrement after the season with no drama. It has to be before the season ends. I'll go get the bus gassed up and ready. :p

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Your backtracking better than Harry :p
My sources tell me that image shack sucks and youve run out of bandwidth for your sig pic. My sources are never wrong. :D

siberian khatru
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
KK also just insinuated that Marcus Allen is a shady character because he was friends with OJ. His quote was , "I don't want to know everything those guys were involved in".

WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM

- 4th

Three words for you:

**** YOU PUSSY

Neither of them tried to pass this off as fact...in reality, they went OUT OF THEIR WAY to say it was unsubstantiated rumor.

Guys like them actually DO have sources, and that's part of the mystique of this place.

So go cry somewhere else.

tomahawk kid
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Harry's on now. He's still inferring that Priest's career is over.

KK is eating it up.

Iowanian
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Harry is on 810 now, pretty much sticking to his guns, doing teh "nanner nanner nanner" dance that he was right.

Seek
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
- 4th
a wee bit pissed off about this[/QUOTE]

Just curious. Is 4th still a bit pissed off, or does 4th have a foot half way in 4th's mouth right now.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 03:10 PM
My sources tell me that image shack sucks and youve run out of bandwidth for your sig pic. My sources are never wrong. :D

Dammit I loved that sig. Frigging GoChiefs host that sucker on your server.

thanks for the heads up I don't have sigs turned on. :thumb:

BTW, We were right about trusting our source. You were wrong. :p You may now bow and scrape. ;)

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Three words for you:

**** YOU PUSSY
I have been verbally assualted at an eigth grade level. Woe is me.

cosmo20002
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't know if Priest will ever play again, but I KNEW he wouldn't be retiring this week. When was the last time an active player RETIRED in the middle of a season?? Just a stupid thing to report.

Mr. Laz
11-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Three words for you:

**** YOU PUSSY

Neither of them tried to pass this off as fact...in reality, they went OUT OF THEIR WAY to say it was unsubstantiated rumor.

Guys like them actually DO have sources, and that's part of the mystique of this place.

So go cry somewhere else.

:eek: :eek:

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I have been verbally assualted at an eigth grade level. Woe is me.

I figured I would use verbiage that you could comprehend.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Three words for you:

**** YOU PUSSY

"Next Question!!"

-Drew Rosenhaus

journeyscarab
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Jack rocks.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
:eek: :eek:

I'm just really sick and ****ing tired of the "prove it" puffy-chest mentality around here.

I hate PFT as much as anybody else, but there ARE people here that have legitimate sources inside Arrowhead.

Part of the reason this place rules beyond all else and kicks the ass of every other football BB on the face of the Earth is because we get news faster than anywhere else.

Part of the reason we get that news is BECAUSE of the people here with "sources". We knew about Gunther getting fired before anyone else. We knew about Trent's Dad before anyone else.

Seek
11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Nuh uh. Anyone can annouce retrement after the season with no drama. It has to be before the season ends. I'll go get the bus gassed up and ready. :p

Okay I see how you are. You have to have it spelled out specifically before you will eat your crow. You don't see him as retired until he officially says I am retired, even though he and the Chiefs basically have called it quits on his career which is why they put him on IR today.

So instead of saying, hey you guys were right. thanks for being on top of it, you are looking for a weak way to back pedal.

tomahawk kid
11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Still talking about him like he's dead.

Pretty much throwing dirt on his grave.

KCTitus
11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
...We knew about Gunther getting fired before anyone else...

Well, we did read it on NFLTalk.com (now defunct) the same time Gunther did anyway.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, we did read it on NFLTalk.com (now defunct) the same time Gunther did anyway.

Marty and Frank were both members here. That site was awesome...

KevB
11-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Harry is on 810 now, pretty much sticking to his guns, doing teh "nanner nanner nanner" dance that he was right.

Of course he is, just like I said he would (not that I was enlightening anyone with that line of thinking). Had it been false, he would have deflected responsibility to his "source". He's lost what little credibility he may have had with me.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 04:39 PM

You mean NFLScoop.com? That website rocked. That's where I read about it.

It was a rumor site that had accurate stuff 99% of the time from what I remember. I wish it was still around.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 04:43 PM
You mean NFLScoop.com? That website rocked. That's where I read about it.

It was a rumor site that had accurate stuff 99% of the time from what I remember. I wish it was still around.

Yep, that was it.

And that's why I will staunchly defend BRC and Seek.

Harry tried to pass his "source" off as FACT, and when pursued, he tried to pass the blame to his source rather than owning it himself.

BRC and Seek did neither. They were up-front that it was a RUMOR, and that the only reason they felt it was relevant was because their source is very reliable.

Guys like that, AND their "sources", are what makes this place special. Otherwise, it's just the Orangemane in red.

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Harry tried to pass his "source" off as FACT, and when pursued, he tried to pass the blame to his source rather than owning it himself.

BRC and Seek did neither.

Totally agree. I would rather hear rumors than not hear them - as long as they are presented as such. Our guys made it clear.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Totally agree. I would rather hear rumors than not hear them - as long as they are presented as such. Our guys made it clear.

Yep.

And they got bombarded with the "Link?" mentality that's overtaken this place...

I hate to see it, because I don't want to stop hearing the rumors.

Mr. Laz
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Jack Harry is a HACK

oops :doh!:

dirk digler
11-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Yep.

And they got bombarded with the "Link?" mentality that's overtaken this place...

I think you need as moderators come up with a plan to decide what rumors are tolerated here.

ProFootballTalk provides rumors everyday as does Warpaint Illustrated.

sedated
11-09-2005, 04:56 PM

Jack said by Thursday

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Yep.

I was admittedly skeptical. Retirement in midseason made no sense and a dubious media source was trying to break the story.

Just chalk it up to the quality of those sources. I dont know who the originator was... there's a guy at Chiefs Coalition who was claiming inside knowledge so I dont know if Seek and BRC were working off him, or if someone else that they all 3 know was the source.

But at any rate, rumors let you know something is going on even if the details are sketchy and may not be right at all yet, which is of some use

Mr. Laz
11-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Yep.

goes hand in hand with the "fans are idiots and don't have a right to opinions because they don't work for the chiefs" mentality around here.

which you participate in to a certain extent, i might had.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I think you need as moderators come up with a plan to decide what rumors are tolerated here.

ProFootballTalk provides rumors everyday as does Warpaint Illustrated.

For me, it's about trusting our members.

These guys were members here FIRST and only then did they start telling us things they heard from their sources.

I'm always leary of someone who wants me to PAY them for unsubstantiated rumors, whether it's a website subscription or sitting through banner ads.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
goes hand in hand with the "fans are idiots and don't have a right to opinions because they don't work for the chiefs" mentality around here.

which you participate to a certain extent, i might had.

There really is no "fans are idiots and don't have a right to opinions because they don't work for the chiefs" mentality around here.

I mean there's Area 51 and that's about it.

You're right, I do often subscribe to the "fans are idiots" idea, but it has nothing to do with me thinking that because they don't work for the Chiefs.

It's because they're idiots.

htismaqe
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Poor Redrum finally ran out of ideas...

&^&(!@(^&@!#^&@#&^@#!^&@(&^%#(@!^%#(*!@^%(*^!@(*^@!GJJ!@O*^T@!^T@!(^(@!^^(&@^(&@!(&^!^(^&*@^#()@!#(_*@&!#_(*@&_(*@&_)@&!

Mr. Laz
11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
There really is no "fans are idiots and don't have a right to opinions because they don't work for the chiefs" mentality around here.

I mean there's Area 51 and that's about it.

You're right, I do often subscribe to the "fans are idiots" idea, but it has nothing to do with me thinking that because they don't work for the Chiefs.

It's because they're idiots.
ROFL ROFL

yea ... but there is a certain "assassination" attitude that is common.

post a rumor - boom ... attack dogs

post an opinion - boom ... attack dogs

i just think it would do well for the board if a more accepting attitude was the central focus.

if you don't want to read about a rumor then don't open the thread

if you think analyzing is a "negative" thing then don't open the thread

let the people who enjoy whatever ... do it.

i know i don't post as much anymore because of it

just my 2 cents

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2005, 05:13 PM

which you participate to a certain extent, i might had.

"Next question!!!"

-Drew Rosenhaus

Mr. Laz
11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
"Next question!!!"

-Drew Rosenhaus
:D

an instant classic response

how much of an idiot did rosenhaus look like when that reporter asked him what he had done for Owens besides getting him kicked off the team? ROFL ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
:D

an instant classic response

how much of an idiot did rosenhaus look like when that reporter asked him what he had done for Owens besides getting him kicked off the team? ROFL ROFL

Ha!!

That shiot was frickin' priceless. That arrogant mug actually went out in front of the Philly media thinking they were going to back himself and Owens.

They ask him questions and it's:

"Next Question!!"

Then the same reporter just continued to grill his azz.

I thought it was the best press conference I've ever seen.

KevB
11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
oops :doh!:

I will repeat: I wasn't concerned with the accuracy of Harry's report when I called him a hack. Right or wrong, he didn't take responsibility for the story that he "broke". He called himself a messenger, and said the story owner was his unidentified source. I'm sure he's more than happy to take the credit however, but this morning he was already laying the groundwork to deflect the backlash in the event that he was wrong. Do you not see the ridiculousness of this stance from a professional journalist?

Mr. Laz
11-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I will repeat: I wasn't concerned with the accuracy of Harry's report when I called him a hack. Right or wrong, he didn't take responsibility for the story that he "broke". He called himself a messenger, and said the story owner was his unidentified source. I'm sure he's more than happy to take the credit however, but this morning he was already laying the groundwork to deflect the backlash in the event that he was wrong. Do you not see the ridiculousness of this stance from a professional journalist?
well he's not gonna tell you his source ... no journalist is

considering how much any journalist who dares report something about the chiefs is attack ... i don't blame him a bit for being nervous.

how about the way Moore played that chit ... "I know that Priest holmes with not retire"

well no chit ... he won't retire because it won't be financial expediate for holmes or the chiefs.

But he was avoiding the real issue which was that Holmes WAS injured and moore knew it.

KevB
11-09-2005, 07:15 PM
well he's not gonna tell you his source ... no journalist is

considering how much any journalist who dares report something about the chiefs is attack ... i don't blame him a bit for being nervous.

how about the way Moore played that chit ... "I know that Priest holmes with not retire"

well no chit ... he won't retire because it won't be financial expediate for holmes or the chiefs.

But he was avoiding the real issue which was that Holmes WAS injured and moore knew it.

I'm not suggesting he divulge his source. I'm suggesting that, as a professional journalist, he takes ownership of the news he reports. The other stuff in your post is simply deflecting the issue. I didn't say Moore did an outstanding job, I'm only talking about Harry.

Bob Dole
11-09-2005, 07:16 PM
FYI: Bob Dole wants his subscription refunded.

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 11:18 PM
This place could try to be a little nicer to some people that try to post info.

If its presented as rumor why does it effect you? You can either believe the poster or not.

Passing rumor off as fact is totally different.

I also think its different when its a long time poster posting the info and not a n00b.

Sometimes it can backfire like recently with the Weirdwolf post. But it was quickly retracted and apoligized for. No harm no foul. He was just trying to pass on info. Thats a good thing.

If the Planet's members don't refrain from this attack mentality theses type of posts will not occur in the future.

Skip Towne
11-09-2005, 11:25 PM

If its presented as rumor why does it effect you? You can either believe the poster or not.

I also think its different when its a long time poster posting the info and not a n00b.

Sometimes it can backfire like recently with the Weirdwolf post. But it was quickly retracted and apoligized for. No harm no foul. He was just trying to pass on info. Thats a good thing.

If the Planet's members don't refrain from this attack mentality theses type of posts will not occur in the future.
I read very little of this thread but from what I've gathered, Harry (who I hate) and BRC weren't far off in that Priest has effectively retired just as they reported. Are we shooting the messenger here?

BigRedChief
11-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I read very little of this thread but from what I've gathered, Harry (who I hate) and BRC weren't far off in that Priest has effectively retired just as they reported. Are we shooting the messenger here?
Thats my point. If we give grief, shoot the messenger then you will not see posts like this posted on here anymore.

I don't think thats what anyone wants is it?

The mods or admins can't dictate something like this. It has to be member driven.

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 12:06 AM
If Hack Harry had any class he would have went straight to Priest for the "scoop"

Rausch
11-10-2005, 12:21 AM
If Hack Harry had any class he would have went straight to Priest for the "scoop"

What many here don't realize is that the KC front office often uses n00bs in the media.

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 12:44 AM
I was thinking-if Jack Harry was a doctor-this thread would be Jack Harry is a Quack.

htismaqe
11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
ROFL ROFL

yea ... but there is a certain "assassination" attitude that is common.

post a rumor - boom ... attack dogs

post an opinion - boom ... attack dogs

i just think it would do well for the board if a more accepting attitude was the central focus.

if you don't want to read about a rumor then don't open the thread

if you think analyzing is a "negative" thing then don't open the thread

let the people who enjoy whatever ... do it.

i know i don't post as much anymore because of it

just my 2 cents

I absolutely agree.

htismaqe
11-10-2005, 10:42 AM

Precisely why I lashed out yesterday at 4th and Long.

If these types of posts were to stop occuring, ChiefsPlanet would become just another Internet BB, IMO.

The "educated guess" rumors are part of what makes this site great, and I'll defend them to the end.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm not suggesting he divulge his source. I'm suggesting that, as a professional journalist, he takes ownership of the news he reports. The other stuff in your post is simply deflecting the issue. I didn't say Moore did an outstanding job, I'm only talking about Harry.
and i suggest that the 2 issues are related.

if the chiefs front office and PR people weren't such lying, manipulative bastards the reporters wouldn't have to pull have the crap they do.

KCTitus
11-10-2005, 12:05 PM

which you participate in to a certain extent, i might had.

It's no suprise you cant seem to ever get anything right. Fans are idiots not becuase they have opinions but because of the opinions they have are idiotic. First, assuming to 'know better' than the people inside the clubhouse is probably the most idiotic thing Ive ever read around here.

You can have that opinion, but dont get all sandy when I call you on it.

The fact that post less might have to do with the fact your 'opinions' dont stand up to scrutiny.

BigRedChief
11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
The fact that post less might have to do with the fact your 'opinions' dont stand up to scrutiny.
WTF is up with me then? Everyone has me on ignore?

Mr. Laz
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
WTF is up with me then? Everyone has me on ignore?
please don't quote that piece of bloody vaginal discharge.

just when i forget he exists someone has to quote him and i'm forced to see his idiocy. :(

KCTitus
11-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Isnt Laz cute...too bad his 3rd grade vocabulary cant stand a little jolt.

Eleazar
11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
It's no suprise you cant seem to ever get anything right. Fans are idiots not becuase they have opinions but because of the opinions they have are idiotic. First, assuming to 'know better' than the people inside the clubhouse is probably the most idiotic thing Ive ever read around here.

You can have that opinion, but dont get all sandy when I call you on it.

It does seem that frequently, people are berated simply for disagreeing with others. If you don't accept someone's opinion, or try to refute someone else's statements then you are some kind of nazi that doesn't think alternate opinions should be allowed.

Disagreeing with someone and presenting your own case doesn't mean that you think their opinion should be stifled. But some take it to mean exactly that. And in the same breath as they accuse you of trying to stifle competing opinion, they will tell you to STFU and stop expressing yours. It's quite ironic.

Brock
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM

I personally hope that if someone hears something, they post it whether it is true or not.

BigRedChief
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
please don't quote that piece of bloody vaginal discharge.

just when i forget he exists someone has to quote him and i'm forced to see his idiocy. :(

Jeez I didn't know this was a real ........uhhhh........ difference of opinion. Sorry dudes. But you know life is just too frigging short.

KCTitus
11-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Jeez I didn't know this was a real ........uhhhh........ difference of opinion. Sorry dudes. But you know life is just too frigging short.

It's not for me. I cant speak for Laz, it's obvious he has issues.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
no problem ... not your fault.

I've got 3 people on iggy ... all for the same reason.

all they do is tell everyone(not just me) how stupid they are.... and i'm not just talking funny smack type stuff.

they are what i call the true trolls ... their existence on this board is solely to disrupt and attack other people.

It's their only reason to be here.

KCTitus
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
all they do is tell everyone(not just me) how stupid they are.... and i'm not just talking funny smack type stuff.

they are what i call the true trolls ... their existence on this board is solely to disrupt and attack other people.

It's their only reason to be here.

Everyone, no. You, yes.

My reason to be here is to pass time. I didnt realize there was a more noble purpose of the BB...*sigh*

I just love irony...