PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy F, Trade Priest A.S.A.P??

KCJake
11-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, with all the rumors flying about Priest, should I try and trade him? Most guys in my league are about 1-2 weeks behind on "injury news." Im pretty sure I can still get real good value for him. Maybe even Larry Johnson.

Phobia
11-09-2005, 08:25 AM
You should try to trade Priest regardless of rumors. He hasn't finished a season in 2 years. This would make 3.

KcKing
11-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Trade him..........

Yesterday..........

ct
11-09-2005, 08:39 AM
definitely trade him

angel
11-09-2005, 08:41 AM
yeah

I have TO on my FF team, and he's on the "can't cut list"... get out while you can...

KcKing
11-09-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah

I have TO on my FF team, and he's on the "can't cut list"... get out while you can...

^^that sucks...

KCJake
11-09-2005, 08:51 AM
This guy just rejected my Priest for LJ trade. But he did counter offer me, LJ for Steve Smith. Should I jump on this??? My WR core is terrible. My RB's are S. Jackson, Fred Taylor, and Priest.

Brock
11-09-2005, 08:56 AM
This guy just rejected my Priest for LJ trade. But he did counter offer me, LJ for Steve Smith. Should I jump on this??? My WR core is terrible. My RB's are S. Jackson, Fred Taylor, and Priest.

Hell no.

ZootedGranny
11-09-2005, 09:21 AM
My trading away of LJ looks really stupid right now, even getting Joey Galloway in return, but I did move TO before the Eagles announced he wasn't going to play again, getting Antonio Gates and Terry Glenn out of him.

But, a backfield of LJ & Barber looks much better than Jamal "FF Bust" Lewis & Tiki.

broncoholic
11-09-2005, 09:30 AM
I've got TO and Priest on my team.....there's always next year.

patteeu
11-09-2005, 09:46 AM

No. You might want to pick up someone like Greg Jones to insure Fragile Fred Taylor though.

Danush
11-09-2005, 10:09 AM
You are probably a few days late with this...

dsgreene285
11-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Fortunately, both leagues that I drafted Priest in, I also drafted LJ. It hurt at the time, but I'm feelin' pretty good about now.

JamSec128
11-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Nothing new or earth shattering with this post but this is now out on the cbssportsline fantasy page.

Priest Holmes, RB KC

News: KSHB NBC in Kansas City reports that Priest Holmes could announce his retirement as soon as Thursday. The report states that doctors have found a lump in Holmes' spine, which could make him vulnerable to paralysis. Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil still hasn't commented on the situation.

Analysis: This reports has not been confirmed and could be either rumor or pure speculation, but the fact that Holmes has sought second and third opinions in California and Florida could be cause for concern. We'll update further news as soon as we hear it.

Simplex3
11-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I had TO, traded him and Tatum Bell for Holt and McGahee last week. Dodged bullet #1.

I have Priest. Didn't trade him last week for Peyton Manning because I didn't want to be too thin at RB. Didn't dodge that bullet, took it right in the a**. Oh well.

patteeu
11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I had TO, traded him and Tatum Bell for Holt and McGahee last week. Dodged bullet #1.

I have Priest. Didn't trade him last week for Peyton Manning because I didn't want to be too thin at RB. Didn't dodge that bullet, took it right in the a**. Oh well.

Maybe you can trade him for JP Losman today. :)

Simplex3
11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Maybe you can trade him for JP Losman today. :)
ROFL

I can't trade Priest for Losman because Priest is still on our can't drop list. :)

Rausch
11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
After drafting LJ and Stephen Jackson this year I look like teh JENIOUS!1!

Skyy God
11-09-2005, 10:56 AM

Hell no, indeed. I'd try to trade Priest for a WR you think the LJ owner would want, like Santanna Moss or Chad Johnson.

RedDread
11-09-2005, 10:59 AM
I proposed a trade with every team in my league for any decent RB that they have. Hopefully someone bites :D

Skyy God
11-09-2005, 11:01 AM
My trading away of LJ looks really stupid right now, even getting Joey Galloway in return, but I did move TO before the Eagles announced he wasn't going to play again, getting Antonio Gates and Terry Glenn out of him.

Felony grand larceny.

I, on the other hand, stand to get hosed. The best team in the league (who I smacked down last week) now has a lineup of LJ, Edge, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Fitz, and Gates.

KcKing
11-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I sir, stand to run the table the rest of the season...

QB Matt Hasslebeck (decent)

RB's LJ + Shawn Alexander

WR's Galloway,Smith,Chad Johnson, and Santana Moss Rotating

TE Chris Cooley (having one of the best seasons from a non-elite TE)

Kicker John Kasey

Defense Tampa/Detroit Rotating to whoever plays the weaker Offense

ct
11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
After drafting LJ and Stephen Jackson this year I look like teh JENIOUS!1!

I sir, stand to run the table the rest of the season...

QB Matt Hasslebeck (decent)

RB's LJ + Shawn Alexander

WR's Galloway,Smith,Chad Johnson, and Santana Moss Rotating

TE Chris Cooley (having one of the best seasons from a non-elite TE)

Kicker John Kasey

Defense Tampa/Detroit Rotating to whoever plays the weaker Offense

How about this:

QB: Carson Palmer, Jake Delhomme
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Lamont Jordan, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson, Michael Pittman
WR: Darrell Jackson and Anquan Bodin on the shelf a couple more weeks, Donald Driver, Roy Williams, plus TE Jeremy Shockey (TE=WR)
PK: Neil Rackers
DF: Carolina, Kansas City

But now I've got a problem, I can only start 3 RBs. While all this is still up in the air, I'm considering a risky move. I may offer Steven Jackson for Marvin Harrison and Priest. Although, I'm likin my team a ton right now!

Rain Man
11-09-2005, 01:43 PM
How about this:

QB: Carson Palmer, Jake Delhomme
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Lamont Jordan, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson, Michael Pittman
WR: Darrell Jackson and Anquan Bodin on the shelf a couple more weeks, Donald Driver, Roy Williams, plus TE Jeremy Shockey (TE=WR)
PK: Neil Rackers
DF: Carolina, Kansas City

How about this?

QB: Manning, Palmer, and Roethlisberger
RB: Tomlinson, James, Dunn, and Barber
WR: Burress, Chad Johnson, Harrison, and Santana Moss
TE: Gates and Gonzalez
K: Rackers
Defense: Chicago and Pittsburgh

ct
11-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Hard to tell when you're serious Rain Man, but I like the looks of that! Anybody else play in your league, or just imaginary friends?

Miles
11-09-2005, 01:46 PM

Injured priest for this years top WR who has a good schedule. Not even remotly a difficulty decesion.

You also may want to find a back off waivers like Greg Jones if he is available.

Edit: sorry misread your trade

Rain Man
11-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Hard to tell when you're serious Rain Man, but I like the looks of that! Anybody else play in your league, or just imaginary friends?

League?