PDA

View Full Version : LJ is gonna get PAID

dtebbe
11-09-2005, 06:44 PM
King Carl is about to get a little dose of his own meds.

DT

nychief
11-09-2005, 06:44 PM
this is a great thread.

Skip Towne
11-09-2005, 06:48 PM
If everything stays like it is, LJ is going to bend Carl over big time. His numbers are tremendous when compared to the great backs like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. Lots could happen though.

Anyong Bluth
11-09-2005, 06:53 PM
pay to play - if he's playing that well I don't have a damn problem giving him $$$$$

tk13
11-09-2005, 07:11 PM
He hasn't even started 16 NFL games yet. He still won't even if he starts the rest of the way. A little early to be talking about getting paid I think. Or to be comparing him to Jim Brown.

Taco John
11-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Take another hit of helium!

Taco John
11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Isn't Larry under contract for 5 more years? Why is anybody talking about him getting paid now?

Skip Towne
11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
He hasn't even started 16 NFL games yet. He still won't even if he starts the rest of the way. A little early to be talking about getting paid I think. Or to be comparing him to Jim Brown.
What I'm telling you is his early numbers are better than Brown's. And I see no sign of them declining.

4th and Long
11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Isn't Larry under contract for 5 more years? Why is anybody talking about him getting paid now?
I would venture to guess your answer lies within the thread starters sig pic.

Pants
11-09-2005, 07:21 PM

When did that start to matter?

4th and Long
What I'm telling you is his early numbers are better than Brown's. And I see no sign of them declining.
Shush, you. Last thing we need is another injured running back because you are calling him the second coming of Jim Brown.

Karma man, Karma.

tk13
Well thank you, Carnac. Can you give me the lottery numbers while you're at it?

Dunit35
11-09-2005, 09:29 PM
LJ is something special so far especially coming out of Penn State.

ExtremeChief
11-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Well there are 19 eggs here, so I'll get 19 chickens. Right?

KCChiefsMan
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
after the season is over, if LJ tears it up, then hell ya pay him! if he doesn't than just keep him right where he is under is current contract

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I just looked earlier today and I couldn't find his total salary this year, but last year it was less than Huard IIRC

Logical
11-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Take another hit of helium!No kidding, he has two years left on his contract and as I understand it neither of them are voidable.

Abba-Dabba
11-09-2005, 10:39 PM
I just looked earlier today and I couldn't find his total salary this year, but last year it was less than Huard IIRC

Hell, his salary is less this year too.

Huard is making 665,000, LJ is making 628,000. Of course though, LJ had a larger bonus.

ExtremeChief
11-09-2005, 10:44 PM
How about I just make you six omelettes?

math

problem

hurting

head

Abba-Dabba
11-09-2005, 10:44 PM
How about I just make you six omelettes?

Whoa there fella. Slow down on the internet flirting. MmmBad...

ExtremeChief
11-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Whoa there fella. Slow down on the internet flirting. MmmBad...

you're just jealous

bitch

Pitt Gorilla
11-09-2005, 10:47 PM
I thought we had him signed for another 3 years or so. So, yes, he is getting paid.

Abba-Dabba
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
you're just jealous

bitch

no I'm not

hooker

Abba-Dabba
11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
I thought we had him signed for another 3 years or so. So, yes, he is getting paid.

LJ is signed thru 2009.

2003 452000.00
2004 515000.00
2005 628000.00
2006 741000.00
2007 854000.00
2008 967000.00
2009 1080000.00
2008 25000.00
2009 25000.00

ExtremeChief
11-09-2005, 10:50 PM
hooker

at least I get paid

slut

ExtremeChief
11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
LJ is signed thru 2009.

2003 452000.00
2004 515000.00
2005 628000.00
2006 741000.00
2007 854000.00
2008 967000.00
2009 1080000.00
2008 25000.00
2009 25000.00

probably voidable in 07 I would guess

Skip Towne
11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
If LJ just keeps doing what he's been doing he will knock the top out of the RB pay scale. I can't find anyone with as good stats as him including the very best RB's ever. He doesn't even have to improve. Just keep up status quo.

Abba-Dabba
11-09-2005, 10:58 PM
probably voidable in 07 I would guess

Could be.

But, Larry's real leverage is going to come when Priest does retire. Expect a holdout for sure.

greg63
11-09-2005, 10:59 PM
If LJ just keeps doing what he's been doing he will knock the top out of the RB pay scale. I can't find anyone with as good stats as him including the very best RB's ever. He doesn't even have to improve. Just keep up status quo.

True, as long as our front line plays the way they are capable of I see no reason why the running game doesn't continue to thrive.

Halfcan
11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I say make him play out every year of his contract-no extensions, and then trade his ass for a first round pick. Take the best years of his career at a cheap price.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 12:29 AM
I say make him play out every year of his contract-no extensions, and then trade his ass for a first round pick. Take the best years of his career at a cheap price.

jidar
11-10-2005, 12:32 AM

Woah!
Ok well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, including my opinion that your opinion is retarded.
hahah :)

Rausch
11-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Woah!
Ok well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, including my opinion that your opinion is retarded.
hahah :)

[carlos mencia pic]Yup...[/carlos mencia pic]

easymobee
11-10-2005, 01:34 AM
If everything stays like it is, LJ is going to bend Carl over big time. His numbers are tremendous when compared to the great backs like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. Lots could happen though.

HorseS#it.

I didn't even have to look too far.

LJ Career (Basically equals limited duty over the last 2 years)

237 carries

1172 yards

16 tds

4.9 yd avg

Tatum Bell's career (Basically equals limited duty over the last 2 years)

155 carries ( 82 less than LJ)

958 yards ( 214 less than LJ)

8 tds ( 8 less than LJ)

6.2 yd avg (1.3 more than LJ)

I know over TB's next 82 carries he'll get much more than 214 yards along with pushing the TD comparison to a fairly close race.

So, does that Make Bell even more of a guaranteed NFL all time great? No ....

This is a comparison to Tatum Bell ..... you've already thrown out Jim Brown and Barry Sanders names along with basically qualifying him over any other NFL Great ( Dickerson, Payton, Emmitt etc. etc.etc. )

LJ is good, but this blows Taco's Q-Barry thread statements (which were overblown because he was talking about "Running Style")straight out of the water.

These quotes have me scratching my head, because i know you are a good poster.

This looks like some stuff i'd see over at the KCSTAR board.

I could understand you "thinking" it out that way, but actually saying it is a big gesture towards your faith in LJ long term.

after all, i once "thought" that Bobby Humphrey was gonna be what TD ended up being for Denver.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 01:40 AM
LJ is good, but this blows Taco's Q-Barry thread statements (which were overblown because he was talking about "Running Style")straight out of the water.

easymobee
11-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Another easy comparison for LJ.

LJ

217 carries

1172 yards

16 td's

4.9 avg

Mike Andersons rookie year.

297 carries

1487 yards

15 td's

5.0 ypc

Over a full year w/ the same # of carries LJ would finish just a shade less in yards w/ a nice 5 TD or so advantage.

I didn't hear any fans (Chiefs, Broncos, or Cardinals etc.) mention Jim Brown and MA in the same breath back then.

LJ's TD numbers are real good, but even he can't touch what the man he is replacing did with that O-Line in respect to TD's.

One last one ....

Corey Dillon Rookie year. (6 starts)

233 carries

1129 yards

10 TD's

4. 8 avg per carry

pretty comparable again, other than the TD's.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Another easy comparison for LJ.

LJ

217 carries

1172 yards

16 td's

4.9 avg

Mike Andersons rookie year.

297 carries

1487 yards

15 td's

5.0 ypc

Over a full year w/ the same # of carries LJ would finish just a shade less in yards w/ a nice 5 TD or so advantage.

I didn't hear any fans (Chiefs, Broncos, or Cardinals etc.) mention Jim Brown and MA in the same breath back then.

LJ's TD numbers are real good, but even he can't touch what the man he is replacing did with that O-Line in respect to TD's.

A great comparison IMO.

I'd say LJ is very similar in running style to MA.

I'd say LJ has more speed and power, but less agility and quickness. But still very similar. MA's lateral movement is better.

htismaqe
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
ROFL

Now LJ is gonna hold out?

Some of you will pull out anything just to see him fail...

MOhillbilly
11-10-2005, 11:02 AM
A great comparison IMO.

I'd say LJ is very similar in running style to MA.

I'd say LJ has more speed and power, but less agility and quickness. But still very similar. MA's lateral movement is better.

imo LJ has better feet than MA,you just dont see it cause he runs like a bull.

Calcountry
11-10-2005, 11:53 AM
There is one thing about LJ that I like more than Priest. The kid plays angry and I like that in a running back.

dirk digler
11-10-2005, 11:58 AM

Portis wanted to get paid after his first year and second year so what's the problem with LJ?

chiefsfan1963
11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
LJ contract will be redone before next season begins. We are so lucky to have him. No matter if Priest comes back or not LJ is our #1. It's time to appreciate what many NFL teams don't have. I'm amazed how petty and down right ungrateful they are about this situation. Thanks LJ for what you do. By the way, what was his signing bonus?

vailpass
11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
To this point LJ has proved he is a suitable backup RB, nothing more. To mention Jim Brown in the same sentence is damn near sacrilege. Props to EasyMo for posting the facts. I would not trade either Tatum Bell or Mike Anderson for the unproven LJ.

Let LJ prove he can endure an entire season carrying the ball 20-30 time per game. See how he performs now that opposing defenses will game plan solely for him instead of as an addition to Priest. Find out if he can hold on to the ball game in and game out.

I watched you guys suffer through RBBC and I saw your excitement as you realized that you finally had a stud RB in Priest. Strange how wome of you can so easily dismiss Priest and act like he has already been replaced.

Lzen
11-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Priest is/was the man, no doubt. But I don't think LJ is really gonna be a drop off. And LJ has already proven for nearly half a season that he can carry the load - see 2004 season. Now, I agree that Skip is a little too optimistic here. LJ's numbers will most likely drop some once teams start gameplanning for him specifically. But don't you donkey punks think that you're gonna face a backup quality RB when you have to come to Arrowhead next month. How soon you forget about last year's game in KC.

ct
11-10-2005, 12:22 PM

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood you. I could swear you not only compared LJ to JB, but may even have implied better than Jim Frikin Brown! But I must be mistaken, what exactly were you really trying to say?

MOhillbilly
11-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I watched you guys suffer through RBBC and I saw your excitement as you realized that you finally had a stud RB in Priest. Strange how wome of you can so easily dismiss Priest and act like he has already been replaced.

he cant stay healthy. it was a fact coming in and its a fact on his way out.
doesnt do a team any good to get to week 8-16 and not be able to run the ball cause your stud has had only ONE full season.

im glad to see him go- his contract BS a few years back - and his injuries make him fairgame for bashing far as im concerned.

vailpass
11-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Priest is the man, doubt. But I don't think LJ is really gonna be a drop off. And LJ has already proven for nearly half a season that he can carry the load - see 2004 season. Now, Skip is a little too optimistic here. LJ's numbers will most likely drop some once teams start gameplanning for him specifically. But don't you donkey punks think that you're gonna face a backup quality RB when you have to come to Arrowhead next month. How soon you forget about last year's game in KC.

You speak the truth.

I'm not saying LJ is NOT a feature back, I'm saying up to this point he has been a back up and has not yet proven,over the course of a season, that he is a feature back. I'm also saying guys like Priest don't fall off of trees; hell I'm a rival and it seems I have more respect for how rare he is than some on this board.
Its going to be interesting to see which way LJ goes: beast or bust. IMHO we'll find out next year when LJ does not have the advantage of a dominant O-line.

vailpass
11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
he cant stay healthy. it was a fact coming in and its a fact on his way out.
doesnt do a team any good to get to week 8-16 and not be able to run the ball cause your stud has had only ONE full season.

im glad to see him go- his contract BS a few years back - and his injuries make him fairgame for bashing far as im concerned.

Yes, you hit it on the head there. The guy's body could not sustain his play.

I'm just ****ing dumb enough to have drafted Priest for my fantasy team the last three years and have been hosed on it every year. Just to show you how smart I am I also had TO on my team this year.

Still, I'm sorry to see Priest gone (he'll never see the field again). He was fun to watch when he wasn't playing Denver.

Lzen
11-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm also saying guys like Priest don't fall off of trees; hell I'm a rival and it seems I have more respect for how rare he is than some on this board.

Agreed. As evidenced by the previous poster. :shake:

Personally, Priest is my favorite Chief. He has always been a class act, IMO. And he's always given everything he has......everything. He's the opposite of guys like TO and I respect him for that. If his career is done, I'm glad to have had him as a KC Chief for the past several years.

htismaqe
11-10-2005, 01:22 PM
after all, i once "thought" that Bobby Humphrey was gonna be what TD ended up being for Denver.

He had the talent...unfortunately, he just couldn't keep a straw out of his nose...

sedated
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Portis held out and got traded after 1 year (and 1 pro bowl)

htismaqe
11-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Portis held out and got traded after 1 year (and 1 pro bowl)

Larry isn't gonna do that. Sorry.

easymobee
11-10-2005, 01:37 PM
He had the talent...unfortunately, he just couldn't keep a straw out of his nose...

I wish he had the drive to press through that hurdle as guys like LT and Mike Irvin were able to.

Seriously, i thought he was a great back at Alabama and Denver for the first year or 2 and then came the holdout that Dan Reeves/Bowlen completely stonewalled him on. IIRC he wanted to be one of the rare few guys in the NFL that made 1 million per year ( funny how fast that has changed, our punter makes double that now ).

The Gaston Green era that was bought on by that holdout was great though. The guy used to break one run a game for 60 yards and the other 23 or so for about 40 yards .... leaving him looking like a solid back .

He also had an annoying habit of breaking that 1 great run on the 1st play after the commercials were over with (not good, as i was sometimes a play or 2 behind in starting the Record up again after breaks ). After about 4 occurences of this i gave up trying to cut commercials out of the games that i taped ( Which is actually good, cause nothing beats seeing old promos for "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" on some of my old game tapes ... or commercials for the 92 Ford Taurus ).

Then came the Bobby Humphrey for Sammie Smith trade .... which was completed years later with the Marcus Nash for John Avery trade.

I wonder why we didn't trade Deltha or Middlebrooks to the Phins for Jamar Fletcher when we had the chance?

Now that i think about it the Phins and Broncos have some similar draft history. Bad CB's early (as stated above), Head case RB's in early rounds (MoC and Cecil Collins ... also BH -SSmith), and the ability to hit on the occasional LB'er or DLman (Pryce-Taylor or Zach-Wilson). Jimmy Johnson's head almost exploded when we grabbed Mobley in front of him ... only for him to turn around and take IHOP with his pick and eventually fitting him with a Bronco curse to be paid in kind.

MOhillbilly
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
we dont care about the broncos. **** them!