PDA

View Full Version : Marino, Carter, Collinsworth and Costas all pick the Bills this week.

Kylo Ren
11-09-2005, 10:12 PM
I thought the Bills weren't that good this year? Collinsworth talked about Buffalo shaking up their offensive line and moving guys around. That can't be good. I say the Chiefs will win 35-17.

bishop_74
11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't know why, I am kind of equating this to playing SD on the road. I know they don't have LT, but I feel like this will be a close game. I hope we are able to pull out the win unlike SD though.

Bowser
11-09-2005, 10:16 PM
They can shake up their offensive line all they want. They still have JP Losman at QB.

The Chiefs will win by double digits.

beer bacon
11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
They can shake up their offensive line all they want. They still have JP Losman at QB.

Is Losman starting again? I thought Holcomb was still the starter.

Fishpicker
11-09-2005, 10:31 PM
I didnt understand those picks at all. Carter was the one that argued that the Chiefs would be the last wildcard. I dont think Holcomb or Losman could have much success even with 2 starting corners sitting out.

ferrarispider95
11-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Good, I would rather people not hyping us up. We need to prove this sh*t on our own.

If we can get some pressure on the qb this week, I would say that we have a great chance of winning.

nychief
11-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Buffalo has a crazy fan base - there is nothing else to do there, save counting the inches of Lake Effect snow. They have a good home advantage.

StcChief
11-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Our strengths play well against their weaknesses.

Their strength plays against or our strength.

Chiefs by 10.

StcChief
11-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Since when do HBO guys pick chiefs.
After Lenny D left show......no more Chief love.

Mr. Kotter
11-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Screw those guys.

Dorks.

Big Chief
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Kelly Holcomb will be the starter. Mike Williams will probably play LG instead of Bennie Anderson. Jason Peters who played RT for a injured Mike WIlliams in the NE patriots game will stay at RT. Will all these changes make a huge difference. No. But Bennie Anderson who was playing LG was playing lousy this season, hence the change. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs won by double digits.

jidar
11-10-2005, 12:14 AM
They're wrong.
We will win this game.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 12:15 AM
They're wrong.
We will win this game.

By 12 pts...

philfree
11-10-2005, 12:36 AM
They're wrong.
We will win this game.

I sent that.....what you have as your avi to tommykat and she couldn't make the giff work so she's got it as a still pic. I'd have alot of respect for you if you'd take that down and make it work for her. Would you please?

PhilFree:arrow:

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Chiefs 40 F#ckhead Bills 0

elvomito
11-10-2005, 12:50 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/nflGameMatchup?gameId=20051113002

L.J. gets to showcase his talents against the second-worst run defense in the league which concedes just over 150 yards per game. Start him and enjoy.

jidar
11-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I sent that.....what you have as your avi to tommykat and she couldn't make the giff work so she's got it as a still pic. I'd have alot of respect for you if you'd take that down and make it work for her. Would you please?

I'm not sure I follow what you mean, but if she just wants it in her sig then have her add this to her sig:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar5700_1.gif

except put it between [img] tags.. a start tag and a close tag.

philfree
11-10-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure I follow what you mean, but if she just wants it in her sig then have her add this to her sig:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar5700_1.gif

except put it between [img] tags.. a start tag and a close tag.

Jazzlver even tried to help her get it working and the gif wouldn't run. I'll send her the url and see if it will work for her now.

Wallcrawler
11-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Last time we played these guys, they had a better QB and I believe the number 5 defense and the Chiefs still mopped the floor with em, forcing 6 or 7 turnovers with a Greg freakin Robinson defense. I dont remember which number, 6 turnovers or 7 but I know it was bad. Even Ryan Sims had an interception in that game.

Takeo Spikes is also out, which hurts them a great deal. Im not real sure of their other defensive injuries, but this is a team that can get crushed by our offense if Saunders doesnt hand Buffalo the game as he did with Philly and SD.

ExtremeChief
11-10-2005, 05:40 AM
I'm just afraid Saunders will come out to start the game throwing the damn football.

Run damnit! Then play action pass.

Simple, against a porous run defense.

|Zach|
11-10-2005, 05:48 AM
I miss watching Inside the NFL.

Pants
11-10-2005, 05:49 AM
I miss watching Inside the NFL.

Why don't you get it from DRU?

|Zach|
11-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Why don't you get it from DRU?I do sometimes...I miss the show in a complete sense. They show the best highlights no doubt.

4th and Long
11-10-2005, 05:51 AM
I can speculate as to why they picked the way they did.

1. Buffalo is at home.
2. Our record at Buffalo.
3. Holmes is out for the season.
4. We are facing adversity. (see #3)
5. Most of these guys haven't a clue who LJ is.

Pants
11-10-2005, 05:52 AM
I do sometimes...I miss the show in a complete sense. They show the best highlights no doubt.

Oh, yeah, yeah. I agree.

ExtremeChief
11-10-2005, 05:55 AM
I can speculate as to why they picked the way they did.

1. Buffalo is at home.
2. Our record at Buffalo.
3. Holmes is out for the season.
4. We are facing adversity. (see #3)
5. Most of these guys haven't a clue who LJ is.

I can agree with all of those except #5. How could they not know who he was?

petegz28
11-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Buffalo has the worst Red Zone defense in the league.

We will be fine.

Area 51
11-10-2005, 07:28 AM
I think what I heard, in passing, was that Buffalo's three wins were at home, therefore they will win at home again. I don't agree, but these guys have the mikes and can say whatever they want to.

At least Carter didn't out the Chiefs from the playoffs. The rest of them did out SD and Kansas City from the AFCW. Carter said SD was out and Jacksonville was out. Carter said something like, the Chiefs have turned the corner and will build from where they are.

tomahawk kid
11-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Since when do HBO guys pick chiefs.
After Lenny D left show......no more Chief love.

Show sucks donkey nuts since they axed Lenny the Cool.

Still can't believe they got rid of him.

Area 51
11-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Show sucks donkey nuts since they axed Lenny the Cool.

Still can't believe they got rid of him.

I don't like Lenny as a person, but at least on the show he was the voice of reason. The guys there now are total jerks. I would send Marino and Collinsworth packing in a New York minute!

the Talking Can
11-10-2005, 07:43 AM
I want LJ to run "like-he's-angry-even-though-he's-secretly-happy-Priest-retired-and-now-
he-is-the-man-with-no-reason-to-be-angry-about-not-being-the -starter-but-still-be-angry-ok-for-me"

Amnorix
11-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Is Losman starting again? I thought Holcomb was still the starter.

Yes, Holcomb.

|Zach|
11-10-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't know why anyone would care for a second what the folks have to say on the show. Those highlights are so good...fun to watch.

Warrior5
11-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Marino, Carter, Collinsworth and Costas all pick the Bills this week.

Chef Bob thinks these guys are assholes and bastards.

Area 51
11-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I don't know why anyone would care for a second what the folks have to say on the show. Those highlights are so good...fun to watch.

If your cable system carries the NFL Network they blow INFL out of the water. Their coverage is pretty much unbiased, their review of the games points out facts of the game and not opinion of the announcers.

I watched the Chiefs Raiders game review last night. It was good. An hour long show. It showed some things that the Raiders wouldn't want shown in public, like how much of a crybaby they are!!

They also showed the roughing the passer penalty on Allen.

What they impressed most was the fact that the Chiefs did not quit after Moss caught his one pass.

KCTitus
11-10-2005, 08:38 AM
If your cable system carries the NFL Network they blow INFL out of the water...

Agreed. I havent watched HBO's show in several years and used to watch it religously in the 90's. I tried to watch it last week and managed only to stomach about 5 minutes before Marino and Carter started talking. UGH!

That show is just flat horrible.

penchief
11-10-2005, 11:55 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/nflGameMatchup?gameId=20051113002

L.J. gets to showcase his talents against the second-worst run defense in the league which concedes just over 150 yards per game. Start him and enjoy.

I don't know if LJ even thinks like this but if he did he would have the extra motivation of knowing than an injured Willis McGahee was taken before him in the draft. That might give him something else to prove.

TEX
11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
I thought the Bills weren't that good this year? Collinsworth talked about Buffalo shaking up their offensive line and moving guys around. That can't be good. I say the Chiefs will win 35-17.

35-17? Really?

Ask yourself how many time we've scored 35 points this season. Next ask yourself how many times we've held teams to 17 points. And finally ask yourself how many times we've done both on the road. :hmmm:

Bad prediction my friend.

Lzen
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
35-17? Really?

Ask yourself how many time we've scored 35 points this season. Next ask yourself how many times we've held teams to 17 points. And finally ask yourself how many times we've done both on the road. :hmmm:

Bad prediction my friend.

We've only scored 30 or more twice this season. However, once was on the road at Miami.
We've allowed 17 or less twice this season. Once was on the road at Oakland.
So, yeah, your point is somewhat valid. But this team is showing improvement, IMO. Remember last year? Our offense didn't really start clicking until almost half way through the season. His prediction isn't really all that far out.

Lzen
11-10-2005, 12:44 PM
BTW, sure the Bills are 3-1 at home. But let's look a little closer at those facts. What teams have they played at home?

Houston, Atlanta, Miami, and NY Jets. The one home loss was against the only team they've played at home with a winning record.

MOhillbilly
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
i checked a few Bills forums and they sound suicidal.

hahahahaaa better them than us.