PDA

View Full Version : Netflix is pissing me off...

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:07 AM
The Netflix store is temporarily unavailable because of scheduled maintenance work.
This store is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Well, almost ...

STFU

luv
11-10-2005, 02:09 AM
STFU
I was actually thinking of registering. I guess now would be a bad time. How much is it?

KChiefsQT
11-10-2005, 02:24 AM
I cancelled my account. Everytime I'd get movies they'd be the last ones on my list. Seems the ones I wanted were always on a " very long wait". Shit pissed me off.... and then my 17.99 a month for three movies at a time ended up charging 23.00 every month. Bammer.

Abba-Dabba
11-10-2005, 02:31 AM
I cancelled my account. Everytime I'd get movies they'd be the last ones on my list. Seems the ones I wanted were always on a " very long wait". Shit pissed me off.... and then my 17.99 a month for three movies at a time ended up charging 23.00 every month. Bammer.

Never had that problem. Never had to wait for movie, going on 3yrs now. Must be a regional distribution problem for you.

And to be honest with you. I don't know how much they charge me. It just comes out of my account. I'm happy with that.

KChiefsQT
11-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Never had that problem. Never had to wait for movie, going on 3yrs now. Must be a regional distribution problem for you.

And to be honest with you. I don't know how much they charge me. It just comes out of my account. I'm happy with that.
yeah I didnt know either until I balanced my checkbook and saw the charges... that didn't bug me as much as them always sending the last 3 movies on my list. I always got them the next day... but never the ones that just came out.

Abba-Dabba
11-10-2005, 02:36 AM
yeah I didnt know either until I balanced my checkbook and saw the charges... that didn't bug me as much as them always sending the last 3 movies on my list. I always got them the next day... but never the ones that just came out.

It's not my job to balance my checkbook. It's my job to spend the money in it. Atleast that's what I keep telling myself.

I always get the new releases when they are at the top of my queue. Guess I'm just getting lucky. :shrug:

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Today is my first problem with them.

I live in central-****ing-nowhere and I've never had a longer turn-around than 4 days.

And that's from the top of my que to the bottom.

But then, my tastes are "eclectic."

Miles
11-10-2005, 02:40 AM

It can sometimes take a bit to get the newest releases. I have heard that the more movies you rent in a month the harder it is go get them. However, if you time it so that a movie you return gets back to them the day before a movie is released you will almost always get it.

I have found that pretty much everything else is available immediatly.

I have used netfix off and on in three different cities and really thought it was a great service. Certainly better than blockbuster, which has horrible turnaround.

Miles
11-10-2005, 02:42 AM
STFU

They were doing that shit last week two. Pretty annoying.

Miles
11-10-2005, 02:44 AM
I was actually thinking of registering. I guess now would be a bad time. How much is it?

They have a two week free trial and its really easy to cancel if you don't like it.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:44 AM
They were doing that shit last week too. Pretty annoying.

Fixed it...

luv
11-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Fixed it...
I swear. You're worse than me!

luv
11-10-2005, 02:46 AM
They have a two week free trial and its really easy to cancel if you don't like it.
Cool. I'll have to check it out. Is there a minimum to get per month, or just a flat fee no matter what?

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:46 AM
I swear. You're worse than me!

It's all for good reason...

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Cool. I'll have to check it out. Is there a minimum to get per month, or just a flat fee no matter what?

The 4 movies per time requires a Rausch BJ fee, but the 3 movies per time only requires a Hjob.

Miles
11-10-2005, 02:49 AM

They have different plans based on number out at a time and maybe some of the cheaper ones that may have a limit. The two I remember are 1 out at a time for 9.99 and 3 out for 17.99. Unlimited per month.

KChiefsQT
11-10-2005, 02:49 AM

You'll have to check it out for accuracy... but as far as I can remember its 9.99 for 1 movie at a time, 14.99 for 2 at a time and 17.99 for three at a time...and goes up from there. My mom said she got a membership the other day and they were having some deal where if you signed on with them you got a free IPod. Don't know if they're still doing it. Might be worth a shot. You can cancel your membership at anytime too.

luv
11-10-2005, 02:50 AM
The 4 movies per time requires a Rausch BJ fee, but the 3 movies per time only requires a Hjob.
Right now, I feel my Hjob's are better than my BJ's. Guess I'll have to get 4 at a pop in order to get more practice.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Right now, I feel my Hjob's are better than my BJ's. Guess I'll have to get 4 at a pop in order to get more practice.

Yeah.....um.......quantities are limited.....um.

Perhaps you should start with 3 and then step up to two when you feel comfortable...

luv
11-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah.....um.......quantities are limited.....um.

Perhaps you should start with 3 and then step up to two when you feel comfortable...
How soon I forget. I'm not touching you. Don't wanna get pregnant.

Miles
11-10-2005, 02:54 AM
Fixed it...

The bad thing is I have been writing a lot the last few days.

Guess you could be worse. One of my friends even corrects grammar errors out at the bars.

luv
11-10-2005, 02:56 AM

Guess you could be worse. One of my friends even corrects grammar errors out at the bars.
Just don't say funner around me. Especially don't say more funner.

Rausch
11-10-2005, 02:57 AM

Guess you could be worse.

I am...

Miles
11-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Just don't say funner around me. Especially don't say more funner.

I don't think any of my friends even say that. Though I really don't pay that close of attention to speech as long as its not too terrible.

Otter
11-10-2005, 06:47 AM
I've been a Netflix Member for about 3 1/2 years now and never had a problem but the past 2 1/2 - 3 months my Netflix Service has gone to total shit.

Turnaround time for movies has been over a week (I live 15 minutes away from the distribution center). Common movies are all of a sudden on short or long wait (I tried to get the original Batman and I'm on 'long wait'). Movies showing up unplayable because they're scratched to hell.

The best one however is when I order a movie and it doesn't show up for 7 days then I get an email saying I returned the movie and they recieved it. Never so much as even seen or touched the movie.

I'm pretty close to cancelling and going back to renting them at the local Blockbuster depending on how things go this month.

There's alot of people reporting problems with them lately. Goto Google and do a "Netflix Sucks" search.

http://www.manuelsweb.com/netflix.htm

StcChief
11-10-2005, 08:09 AM
It's an unregulated service business.

Maintenance during day...

No contingency plan to keep customers orders moving...

This could be the next cable TV....

BigRedChief
11-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I've been on Blockbuster for about a year in the past and NetFlix for about 2 years. NetFlix is far superior and I've never had an issue with them

Eleazar
11-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I just started using Netflix a month or two ago. I think it's great.

Maybe I'm just lucky with the KC distribution center, but I return a movie and get the next one two days later without fail. I've never had to wait for any of them. Always get the one at the top of my queue.

I don't watch them all the time so the $9.99/month for 1 movie at a time works fine for me. I really couldn't be more pleased.

Gaz
11-10-2005, 08:24 AM
I guess we are lucky. We have not had any problems and the DVDs usually show up a day before the NetFlix ETA.

xoxo~
Gaz
Satsfied customer.

dirk digler
11-10-2005, 08:46 AM
I have NetFlix for over a year and never had one problem with them. I have also found the best way to get new releases when the first come out.

Bascially make sure you check your email or their website after you send in your movies to determine the average of how long it takes them to get your movie. Then just make sure they get your movies on Monday or early Tuesday as all new releases come out on Tuesday.

Basically if I put the movie in the mail on Saturday they get the movie on Monday and they send me the new releases on late Monday or early Tuesday.

I have never had to wait for a new release by doing this.

angel
11-10-2005, 08:49 AM
I've been a Netflix Member for about 3 1/2 years now and never had a problem but the past 2 1/2 - 3 months my Netflix Service has gone to total shit.

Turnaround time for movies has been over a week (I live 15 minutes away from the distribution center). Common movies are all of a sudden on short or long wait (I tried to get the original Batman and I'm on 'long wait'). Movies showing up unplayable because they're scratched to hell.

The best one however is when I order a movie and it doesn't show up for 7 days then I get an email saying I returned the movie and they recieved it. Never so much as even seen or touched the movie.

I'm pretty close to cancelling and going back to renting them at the local Blockbuster depending on how things go this month.

There's alot of people reporting problems with them lately. Goto Google and do a "Netflix Sucks" search.

http://www.manuelsweb.com/netflix.htm

I know many people have problems with Blockbuster, but lately, since the lawsuit, they've shaped up. I used to be a netflix supporter, but they just started pissing me off. I recently joined the Blockbuster online rental thingy, and so far, so good. The price is equivalent to Netflix- plus you get two free in-store rentals each month, plus you get buy one get one free used movies, plus you get coupons for free used movies- no other purchase necessary... in the last two months, I've spent probably $30 total for: three awesome movies that I now own, four in-store rentals, and about ten or so mailed rentals... totally worth it, IMO.

beavis
11-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Today is my first problem with them.

I live in central-****ing-nowhere and I've never had a longer turn-around than 4 days.

And that's from the top of my que to the bottom.

But then, my tastes are "eclectic."
I got my first damaged disk from from them in almost a year last week. But they were cool about it and sent me a replacement before the broken one even got back. I had to wait for the first time for a movie last week too, Batman Begins, which I guess is understandable.

I've had a great experience with them up until then, even so, they've got about 500 f*ckups to go before they catch up with Blockbuster.

beavis
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I know many people have problems with Blockbuster, but lately, since the lawsuit, they've shaped up. I used to be a netflix supporter, but they just started pissing me off. I recently joined the Blockbuster online rental thingy, and so far, so good. The price is equivalent to Netflix- plus you get two free in-store rentals each month, plus you get buy one get one free used movies, plus you get coupons for free used movies- no other purchase necessary... in the last two months, I've spent probably $30 total for: three awesome movies that I now own, four in-store rentals, and about ten or so mailed rentals... totally worth it, IMO.
How are they about turn around and getting you the movies in your queue? I don't know if I could bring myself to sign up with them again, after they crap they used to pull with me.

Saulbadguy
11-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Netflix throttles rentals.

picasso
11-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I have been on Netflix for 3 years and never had problems. I decided before Halloween to try out the Blockbuster 2 week free trial to get more scary movies for that night. They showed up the day after Halloween and one of them was cracked.
CANCELED!!
Netflix rocks!

jynni
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
I've only had Netflicks for a few months - so far so good. I have the $9.99 plan and I think it ends up being around $10.50 with tax. Turn around has been about two days - I haven't had to wait for anything yet.

Uatu
11-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I had Batman Begins at the top of my queue, and even though it said 'short wait', BB still arrived the day after they received my previous one. I've never had to wait for a movie once with Netflix.

Skyy God
11-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Unlike Manuel Villanueva of the Netflix sucks website, I can't recall getting a single unplayably scratched DVD. Might be that I'm not renting typical Michael Bay, Jerry Bruckheimer crap. I guess not buying a $30 DVD player does have it's advantages. One bitch that is valid is no service on weekends. That seems to slow turnaround time down pretty significantly.

dirk digler
11-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Since I have been with NetFlix I haven't been inside of a video store. Are they still around?

angel
11-10-2005, 11:11 AM
How are they about turn around and getting you the movies in your queue? I don't know if I could bring myself to sign up with them again, after they crap they used to pull with me.
there was one time that it took longer than I would have liked for my movie to arrive, but they sent an apology and another free in-store movie rental coupon before I even had a chance to complain
I know that netflix and blockbuster are pretty much equivalent, they both have their good and bad points.. I prefer blockbuster because I like to have the option to rent things in the store for my last minute movie needs...
I've never had a problem getting movies in my queue on either netflix or blockbuster...

Eleazar
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
there was one time that it took longer than I would have liked for my movie to arrive, but they sent an apology and another free in-store movie rental coupon before I even had a chance to complain
I know that netflix and blockbuster are pretty much equivalent, they both have their good and bad points.. I prefer blockbuster because I like to have the option to rent things in the store for my last minute movie needs...
I've never had a problem getting movies in my queue on either netflix or blockbuster...

I didn't realize blockbuster let you get them in-store too. That sounds like a pretty good deal but I went with netflix since the Liberty blockbuster store is the debbil.

Plus if I move from netflix now, I'll have to reprogram my 150+ movie queue :huh:

angel
11-10-2005, 11:20 AM
I didn't realize blockbuster let you get them in-store too. That sounds like a pretty good deal but I went with netflix since the Liberty blockbuster store is the debbil.

Plus if I move from netflix now, I'll have to reprogram my 150+ movie queue :huh:
yeah, every month you get at least two free in-store rentals and many other coupons for buying movies
the blockbusters here in Olathe are as nice as can be- I come in with my ten coupons, and spend $1, and they are happy as can be about it

beavis
11-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I prefer blockbuster because I like to have the option to rent things in the store for my last minute movie needs...
Yeah, that'd be a big selling point for me too. I hate it when I really want to see something and have to wait 3 days for it to get there.

beavis
11-10-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah, every month you get at least two free in-store rentals and many other coupons for buying movies
the blockbusters here in Olathe are as nice as can be- I come in with my ten coupons, and spend $1, and they are happy as can be about it
The difference between the stores out south and north of the river is weird. I lived in OP for a couple of years, and the store out there had anything I could think to rent, usually in stock. The only thing I really hated about it was them pimping their popcorn or whatever they were hocking that day when I was checking out. The one next to my place now is run buy lead eaters, never has anything in, and the selection isn't nearly as good.

I guess you rich Johnson County folk deserve better than us. :(

Otter
11-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I guess not buying a $30 DVD player does have it's advantages.

Trust me, at least in my case, it's the DVDs.