PDA

View Full Version : For a good laugh.......

chiefqueen
11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/11/09/bc.fbc.nebraska.pederson.ap/index.html

Nebraska AD stays behind Callahan

Posted: Wednesday November 9, 2005 11:16AM; Updated: Wednesday November 9, 2005 11:16AM

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska athletics director Steve Pederson is standing firmly behind coach Bill Callahan, the man he hired to return the Cornhusker football program to excellence.
"I see progress in the program every day," Pederson said Tuesday. "What I see happening is this team and this program evolving, and I feel very good about the future of this program."

The Huskers (5-4, 2-4 Big 12) play Kansas State (4-5, 1-5) in Lincoln this week in a game that could determine who finishes last in the conference's North Division.The 40-15 loss to Kansas on Saturday ended Nebraska's 36-year winning streak against the Jayhawks and fueled the outcry by fans impatient for the team's return to dominance."I understand that its easy to measure everything by what happens on the scoreboard. That's human nature," Pederson said. "None of us like to lose games, but what I think we've tried to do is creating some positive momentum for this team and this program."So I believe absolutely in this coaching staff and players and what they're doing," Pederson said.The coaches are working hard, Pederson said, "and they're great teachers.""I'm fortunate in the fact I can go watch practice on a fairly regular basis," he said, "and I get a chance to see the way they're teaching and the way they're building with the kids."Callahan said earlier Tuesday at his weekly news conference that he has had no discussions about his future with Pederson."I'm going to do the best I can," Callahan said. "That's how I've always responded to adversity."Do I think it (my job) is safe? There is no security in this business," he said.Asked about any changes in the coaching staff, Pederson said: "The coaching staff is a decision made by the head coach. My job is to evaluate the head coach and how he's doing. His job is to evaluate the assistants and so forth, and I sure see tremendous strength in that group. ... I'm proud that they're here."Pederson acknowledges the team's recent struggles -- losses in three straight games and in four of the last five.Nonetheless, he said, "I think were better than we were at the beginning of the season. We were struggling to find ourselves, particularly offensively, at the beginning of the year, and were back rallying back against Texas Tech and Oklahoma and Missouri in games like that."Certainly, the game we didn't play very well was Kansas, but I've seen a dramatic improvement from a year ago," Pederson said.He said his perspective is built on his experiences at Ohio State in the late 1980s in a similar situation."What we really did (at Ohio) was we focused on building the program and not taking shortcuts, and it was some tough years getting started. But then we built it into a consistent top-10 program again," he said.Pederson urged fans to keep a positive outlook for the program and especially for recruiting."We want to add more players to this group of players, so we want a positive atmosphere in recruiting, as well, that will pay dividends for years to come," Pederson said.He remains positive about his decision to hire Callahan to replace longtime Husker Frank Solich, hand-picked by Husker legend Tom Osborne as his successor."Not everyone is going to agree with everything you do, and I knew that when I made this decision," he said.Copyright 2005 Associated Press (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/interactive_legal.html#AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Bugeater
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
For an even better laugh, watch the Huskers play sometime.

Fish
11-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Huskers suck and I'm pleased to see them struggle. Anyone that has lived in or near Nebraska knows how much they talk/whine about Husker football. The football record is a barometer of most Cornhumper fans' attitude.

I sure don't miss the freakin Husker references in every single commercial aired on a Nebraska television station..... poor idiots have nothing to talk about now...

http://www.texased.net/photos/sports/johnturner.jpg
Don't be like this........

Bugeater
11-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Huskers suck and I'm pleased to see them struggle. Anyone that has lived in or near Nebraska knows how much they talk/whine about Husker football. The football record is a barometer of most Cornhumper fans' attitude.

Yes we suck and I'm glad you're enjoying it. As far as talk/whine, fans of all teams do that, but I will acknowledge the fact you at least dropped a "most" in your reference to Husker Fans' attitudes.

poor idiots have nothing to talk about now...

You couldn't be more wrong about that, we have more to talk about now than ever.

Dartgod
11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm not laughing...

:deevee:

Eleazar
11-10-2005, 03:06 PM
its easy to measure everything by what happens on the scoreboard.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Can KSU get 4 in a row over NU? I doubt it, but losing will give NU 6 wins, and the chance to get pisspounded by some C-USA team in the Whogivesashit.com bowl in front of a national audience. Sounds fun!

Edubs
11-10-2005, 03:10 PM
If he stand behind Callahan to long he will get pooped on.

beavis
11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Can KSU get 4 in a row over NU? I doubt it, but losing will give NU 6 wins, and the chance to get pisspounded by some C-USA team in the Whogivesashit.com bowl in front of a national audience. Sounds fun!
Yeah, both of those teams su....

Nevermind. :banghead:

SquirrellyBastard
11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, both of those teams su....

Nevermind. :banghead:

This is coming from a Mizzou fan.....figures. Beavis, you a-hole!

beavis
11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Losing to Ghey-U again has made me turn on them.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Pederson is a blithering idiot. He fired a coach who just won 9 games then couldn't find anyone willing to take the job. So he got stuck with Callahan. Their O line coach, John Blake, is a loser who got fired as OU's coach. Their QB is from Norman, Ok. OU didn't want him and neither did anyone else until Callahan plucked him out of a Kansas Juco. I don' know what Pederson expects out of this collection of losers. Allowing KU to score 40 points is laughable. But I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Fish
11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
we have more to talk about now than ever.

What?

Bugeater
11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
What?

How much we suck, why we suck, who's fault is it that we suck, what part of the team sucks the worst, how long are we going to suck, etc etc.

Bugeater
11-10-2005, 04:02 PM

Don't doubt it. Sounds like NU will have the inside track to the Ft Worth bowl if they do manage to win. Now excuse me while I go puke.

Fish
11-10-2005, 04:18 PM
How much we suck, why we suck, who's fault is it that we suck, what part of the team sucks the worst, how long are we going to suck, etc etc.

Exactly.... still nothing but Nebraska football....

It is pheasant season this weekend.... that should get a few minds off Big Red football...... maybe......?

I don't mean to bitch... but I lived ~10mi. from Nebraska for quite a while and got sooooo tired of Big Red BS every day from every different outlet possible. Listening to the radio or Neb television stations.... you would hear the phrase "Big Red" and "Husker" more than you'd hear "the" or "and". Damn that was annoying..........

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey, look, we now have more than one Squirrelly Bastard in Memphis.

WilliamTheIrish
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Nebraska AD stays behind Callahan

Of course Pedee is going to stand behind him.

Stand in front and he'll end up taking a bullet.

Bugeater
11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Exactly.... still nothing but Nebraska football....

It is pheasant season this weekend.... that should get a few minds off Big Red football...... maybe......?

I don't mean to bitch... but I lived ~10mi. from Nebraska for quite a while and got sooooo tired of Big Red BS every day from every different outlet possible. Listening to the radio or Neb television stations.... you would hear the phrase "Big Red" and "Husker" more than you'd hear "the" or "and". Damn that was annoying..........

Well what do you expect us to talk about? Corn? Tractors? Soybean rootworms?

I guess if you grow up here you are just numb to it. I remember after NU won the NC in 1994 EVERY f-ing business in town was have a "National Championship" sale for the next month, that WAS annoying.

tk13
11-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Don't doubt it. Sounds like NU will have the inside track to the Ft Worth bowl if they do manage to win. Now excuse me while I go puke.
The Glory Days are here again!