PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville is overrated

CupidStunt
11-11-2005, 10:48 AM
And people are assuming they're a lock to finish 11-5.

"Have you seen the schedule? Of course they are!"

But.... when you lose to the Rams without their #1 QB, #1 WR and #2 WR, you BARELY beat the Steelers without their #1 QB and #1 WR (Maddox GAVE them the game) and you struggle bigtime to beat the worst team in the NFL.... what the hell is a "lock"?

They should win 12 games. I'd bet they don't. Every single game on their schedule could be a loss with the way they play.

I don't buy they're that good at all. Better than KC? Maybe.... but I think we can get the wildcard above them, should we fall short of the division.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2005, 10:56 AM
They beat us last year.....They are pretty good. Probably every bit as good as us. They play hard nosed defense too.

milkman
11-11-2005, 11:07 AM
They beat us last year.....They are pretty good. Probably every bit as good as us. They play hard nosed defense too.

That's the reason they should make the playoffs with their schedule.

Byron Leftwich is the most overrated QB next to Vick, though.

Chiefnj
11-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't think they are overrated. Most people acknowledge that they've got a creampuff schedule and that is why they are likely to get a wildcard spot. I don't think Jax would come away with a win at KC or at San Diego, but that doesn't matter. You have to win the games on your schedule. KC lost to Denver and San Diego and is now behind the 8 ball.

StcChief
11-11-2005, 11:09 AM
How many playoff teams of late slide in on an easy schedule....let's not go down that list now.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Byron Leftwich is the most overrated QB next to Vick, though.

Hes overrated?? I never see many media types talk about him much. Hes rated about where he should be. Hes not awful, but hes not great yet.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2005, 11:36 AM
overrated doesn't matter when your schedule is that flipping easy.

Brock
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
overrated doesn't matter when your schedule is that flipping easy.

It also doesn't matter when the Chiefs have to take care of their own business anyway.

jspchief
11-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Jacksonville has actually won against some good teams. That's something the Chiefs haven't done yet.

RedThat
11-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Jacksonville has actually won against some good teams. That's something the Chiefs haven't done yet.

Hey, they beat the Skins....And the Skins arent that bad

Mr. Laz
11-11-2005, 11:47 AM
It also doesn't matter when the Chiefs have to take care of their own business anyway.
true...

but it could matter IF the chiefs handle their business and go 11-5 but still don't make the playoffs because they lose the tiebreaker to both Dungvar and the jags with 11-5 also.

i think it could happen too ...

the donks have a big edge on the divisional record tiebreaker already and the jags have the edge right now too.

jspchief
11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Hey, they beat the Skins....And the Skins arent that badThat's the closest we've come to a good win. Beating a mediocre team at Arrowhead. The Redskins are like the Chiefs, they lean heavily on playing at home, and only get their road wins against lousy teams.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2005, 11:55 AM
true...

but it could matter IF the chiefs handle their business and go 11-5 but still don't make the playoffs because they lose the tiebreaker to both Dungvar and the jags with 11-5 also.

i think it could happen too ...

the donks have a big edge on the divisional record tiebreaker already and the jags have the edge right now too.

You really think this team will go 11-5?? No way, not with they way we play on the road. I dont see us beating Dallas and the Giants on the road. Plus, we stil have to beat the Donks and the Chargers at home.....tough tough task......I say 10-6 at best.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2005, 12:00 PM
You really think this team will go 11-5?? No way, not with they way we play on the road. I dont see us beating Dallas and the Giants on the road. Plus, we stil have to beat the Donks and the Chargers at home.....tough tough task......I say 10-6 at best.
i said IF

if the chiefs don't win, then nothing else matters. But with the fact that the donks/jags both currently have better records,easier schedules and have the edge in the tiebreaker is very problematic for us.

any or all of the teams could conceivably collapse ... but i worry most about the fact that we have to do more than just play well.

we have to go above and beyond to make the playoffs this year.

Chiefnj
11-11-2005, 12:06 PM
With injury and age, the Chiefs have not shown that they are good enough to go 11-5 or even 10-6. I think at best they are a .500 team when playing other playoff caliber teams.

Denver, San Diego, Dallas, NYG, Cincy - they will probably lose at least 2 or 3 of those games.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
With injury and age, the Chiefs have not shown that they are good enough to go 11-5 or even 10-6. I think at best they are a .500 team when playing other playoff caliber teams.

Denver, San Diego, Dallas, NYG, Cincy - they will probably lose at least 2 or 3 of those games.
ouch :(

i'm hoping that the chiefs will finally get healthy and actually be a much better team in the 2nd half of the season.

jspchief
11-11-2005, 12:15 PM

i'm hoping that the chiefs will finally get healthy and actually be a much better team in the 2nd half of the season.They are going to have to get a lot better. The team we've been putting on the field the first half of the season will not make the play-offs, and even if they did, they would bow out in round 1.

RedThat
11-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Lets be a little more optimistic guys, we are 5-3. Not bad at all, and still in it. I dont rule this team out. Considering all the injuries and contoversy we've had, I give the Chiefs some credit.

Yes our schedule is tough. We cant afford to mess around. I am optimistic though, I think we got 6 tough games. The good news is, 4 out of those 6 games are played at home where we play our best football. If we blow these next 2 road games, then count me in as one of those fans being disappointed.

Bottomline, weve played well. Weve had some key guys in and out. Plus, Trents father died. Thats a lot to deal with. I think this team can make the playoffs, we have to step up and play bette though I agree, we need our guys healthy. More importantly Roaf, Surtain, Parker, and hopefully Sims can all be healthy at this crucial time of the year.

RP_McMurphy
11-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Some may say they aren't that good. Right now over the last year and a half the Jaguars have a amazing ability to play to the level of their competition. One Sunday they can put a beat down on a good Seahawks team then come back and lay a turd against the Rams. One week they can beat the Bengals then another they come out and play mess around with the Texans keeping them in the game for 3 plus quarters. They are still a young team learning to get that killer instinct. Byron Leftwhich will drive you crazy at times with his throwing at recievers instead of too them. Then boom right in the forth quarter he puts it together and pulls another one right out of the hat.

In the second half of the season I want to see much better run defense as teams have shredded the Jaguars run defense this year plus continue with the ability to force turnovers. Offensively I would like to see just 4 solid quarters in a row instead of stopping and sputtering.

Ok the schedule is easy guys is that the Jaguars fault? Talk to Tags on that one. I see 11-5 to 13-3 for the Jaguars and I call it right here they beat the undefeated Colts in Jacksonville in December.

Chiefnj
11-11-2005, 01:34 PM

i'm hoping that the chiefs will finally get healthy and actually be a much better team in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm hoping they get better also. I've yet to see 4 solid quarters of football against a quality team. Teams tend to generate more injuries as the year goes on. KC already has plenty and they may likely stick with players the entire year - Roaf's hammy.

CupidStunt
11-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Getting owned all over the field by the 2-7 Tennesse Titans right now.

Like I said, overrated. They'll make the playoffs - barely - on account of their PATHETIC schedule, but as I also said; that won't be a lock given the way they struggle against terrrible teams.

JBucc
11-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Why are they overrated? No is saying they're going to go to the Super Bowl or even win a game in the playoffs. They just play good D and win close games, they don't have a dynamic offense. They're just a slightly above average team with an easy schedule and that's about all I've heard anyone say about them.

chiefsfan987
11-20-2005, 02:08 PM
TOUCHDOWN TITANS!!!!!!!!!

chiefsfan987
11-20-2005, 02:08 PM
oh great... challenge... and i'm just listening. Please stand...

chiefsfan987
11-20-2005, 02:11 PM
touchdown stands

RP_McMurphy
11-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Looking like a regular Jaguars game with lots of excitement and playing down to the other team.

AirForceChief
11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Leftwich injured...still in the game?

AirForceChief
11-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Hell yeah he's still in...just threw a TD...crap, crap, crap.

Spott
11-20-2005, 02:44 PM
I can't believe Tenn didn't challenge that. The line of scrimmage was just inside the 8 yard line, but Leftwich clearly threw the ball at the 6.

RP_McMurphy
11-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Spott what part of J-Ville? I'm retiring there next year.

Mecca
11-20-2005, 02:54 PM
That's great, he brings back this thread and Jacksonville starts winning.

RP_McMurphy
11-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Never a dull game with these Jaguars.

CupidStunt
11-20-2005, 03:15 PM
That's great, he brings back this thread and Jacksonville starts winning.

A long time after I did so. Tennessee (one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL) was schooling the Jags when I posted and for a good quarter after that.

THAT's why they're overrated. They get a fair amount of hype but are a terribly average team.

RP_McMurphy
11-20-2005, 03:24 PM
A 7-3 average team with 6 games to go only one with a winning record. Don't like the record call Tags.

RINGLEADER
11-20-2005, 04:16 PM
And people are assuming they're a lock to finish 11-5.

"Have you seen the schedule? Of course they are!"

But.... when you lose to the Rams without their #1 QB, #1 WR and #2 WR, you BARELY beat the Steelers without their #1 QB and #1 WR (Maddox GAVE them the game) and you struggle bigtime to beat the worst team in the NFL.... what the hell is a "lock"?

They should win 12 games. I'd bet they don't. Every single game on their schedule could be a loss with the way they play.

I don't buy they're that good at all. Better than KC? Maybe.... but I think we can get the wildcard above them, should we fall short of the division.

I don't know that Jax is better than KC either (depends on which Chiefs team shows up), but they will win at least 11 games and likely will end up with a better divisional record (and even if we manage to tie them there they'll hold the tie-breaker within the conference).

Pittsburgh losing today is good. And if the Colts can hold off the Bengals it will put us within a game of catching Cincy (provided, of course, we win tonight). Could make that final game of the year really meaningful.

Spott
11-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Spott what part of J-Ville? I'm retiring there next year.

I actually live just outside the city limits in a place called Orange Park. It's about 30 minutes from the beach and about 5 minutes from the river. You better hurry up and get down here because the prices for homes here are going up like crazy.