PDA

View Full Version : I was hit on my motorcycle last night.

Scorp
11-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I was sitting behind a car at a stop sign on my bike last night, and a car plows into the rear of my bike. The front end of the car ended up where my seat is on my bike. My bike stayed up on its wheels while the front end of his car rolled right over my back tire. I felt pressure on my back and his front bumper had me pinned against my handlebars. I wiggled out, bruised all to hell. He said he wasnt paying attention. I said "No sh!t."

Anyways I made it home in time for dinner with my wife and kids. Lucky me. The beautiful bike you see below is no more. :banghead:

http://www.burnspot.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10009/entry.jpg

Phobia
11-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a legitimate reason for a serious case of road rage to me.

Eleazar
11-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Argh... man that sucks. Could have been a lot worse though, count your blessings. Seems like this is pretty common though, I am always flashing the brake light if I'm already stopped and someone is coming up behind me.

Inattentive drivers need to have electrodes put on their nuts :cuss:

KCJake
11-11-2005, 09:22 PM
DAMN! That sucks man. Could of been worse I guess. Any pics of the smashed-up bike?

carlos3652
11-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Glad to hear you are ok... you are a lucky man... it could have been worse.... Hope you get a new bike soon (although the wife might not)

Scorp
11-11-2005, 09:25 PM
DAMN! That sucks man. Could of been worse I guess. Any pics of the smashed-up bike?

I almost died and you wanna see pics of my ruinated bike? LOL! Too funny! ROFL

Extra Point
11-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Glad you walked away from it. A guy I worked with, and highly respected, died after getting bowled over from a kid changing lanes in an intersection.

Glad you're still with us!!!

Extra Point
11-11-2005, 09:28 PM
That is a great photo of your bike that was.

milkman
11-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I almost died and you wanna see pics of my ruinated bike? LOL! Too funny! ROFL

It's the nature of the beast to want to see the accident.

Braincase
11-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Hope you're OK, and I hope you were wearing a helmet.

Lzen
11-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Glad to hear you're alright. So, was the driver just inattentive or was there alcohol or drugs involved?

Scorp
11-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Hope you're OK, and I hope you were wearing a helmet.

We don't need no stinking helmets in Kansas! :p

Scorp
11-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear you're alright. So, was the driver just inattentive or was there alcohol or drugs involved?

No he was sober. I suspect a cell phone was involved, not 100% sure.

HemiEd
11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
That sux man, sorry. I hope they can get it fixed. Back when I used to ride a chopper in the early 70s, people would intentionaly test your riding skills. They thought we were all Hells angels. I had a couple bad ones.

milkman
11-11-2005, 09:37 PM

Screw that.
I don't care if he's okay, I just want to see the banged up bike! :cuss:

J/K. Good that you made it out in one piece.

Braincase
11-11-2005, 09:57 PM
We don't need no stinking helmets in Kansas! :p

I've had a buddy slide into a railroad abuttment without a helmet. He'll never be the same. If he were wearing a helmet, he might be able to do a little bit better than cleaning up puke for a living.

Phobia
11-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Nice job threadkiller.

You still feeling it, Scorp? Plan to get a new bike?

This is like 3 Planeteers who have gotten hit in the past 2 weeks. Craziness.

Scorp
11-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Nice job threadkiller.

You still feeling it, Scorp? Plan to get a new bike?

This is like 3 Planeteers who have gotten hit in the past 2 weeks. Craziness.

Yes I am very, very sore. I am going to the doctor monday just to get my bruises and stiffness documented.

As far as the bike, Yes I am having it rebuilt.

Cntrygal
11-12-2005, 09:59 AM
So where's the pic of the crushed bike?????

Just kidding - glad that you're okay!!!

chefsos
11-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes I am very, very sore. I am going to the doctor monday just to get my bruises and stiffness documented.

Good to see you're OK. At least you can type, obviously, and hopefully it's just bruises and not lasting injury.

That bike's gonna look funny with that huge new rear bumper.

Scorp
11-12-2005, 10:11 AM
So where's the pic of the crushed bike?????

Here it is for all you sick people that want to see a focked up bike. :cuss:

http://www.burnspot.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10009/crushedbike.jpg

Cntrygal
11-12-2005, 10:15 AM

I made the CP's "sick" category!!! woohooo!!!!!!

btw - your new seat doesn't look at all comfortable. :shake:

Phobia
11-12-2005, 10:24 AM
That's not bad at all. I can't even believe it was threadworthy.

I'll bet you didn't get hit at all. It looks like you laid it down. Maybe a set of training wheels might help.

Scorp
11-12-2005, 10:35 AM
That's not bad at all. I can't even believe it was threadworthy.

I'll bet you didn't get hit at all. It looks like you laid it down. Maybe a set of training wheels might help.

ROFL I just might turn it into a trike. with about 200 l.e.d brake lights. So they blind anyone behind me when I stop.

AeroSquid
11-12-2005, 11:11 AM

[img]http://www.burnspot.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10009/crushedbike.jpg[img]

that will buff right out..

Fire Me Boy!
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM

Put some tussin on it, you'll be fine.

j/k, I'm glad to hear you're OK.

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 11:38 AM
If you had been wearing a helmet, this wouldn't have happened.

Glad you're okay.

dred
11-12-2005, 11:56 AM
If you had been wearing a helmet, this wouldn't have happened.

Glad you're okay.

Don't forget the hand signals.

I'm sure that if he had his elbow extended outward with his hand pointing down, this wouldn't have happened.

Hog Rider
11-12-2005, 12:14 PM

http://www.burnspot.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10009/crushedbike.jpg

A little duct tape and bailin' wire will get youby ' till you get new parts. Might need some silicone seal on the rim so ya can air up that tire a tad bit too.

Dust tape and bailin' wire help hold my XR750 together for a couple/three seasons. Never tried the silicone seal for patchin a rim though. Proly not a good idea.

Seriously, heal up soon and good luck gettin' her back together.

ChiefsGirl
11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Damn, that was a beautiful bike.

alanm
11-12-2005, 12:27 PM

Glad you're OK Scorp. Sorry about the bike though. I'm awaiting the first response and advice from a lawyer on the board shortly. ROFL

alanm
11-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Didn't look like you had a hell of a lot of damage. I couldn't tell if the bike frame was bent or not. Also looked like you had some scratches on the tail pipes as well. The fender goes without saying. Paint job will cost more than anything else.

Saulbadguy
11-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Where did this happen?

Scorp
11-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Where did this happen?

21st and Urish Rd. I was heading west on 21st stopped behind a car at the intersection.

Bob Dole
11-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I am always flashing the brake light if I'm already stopped and someone is coming up behind me.

Bob Dole recommends http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=54&Category_ID=5&manufacturer_ID=58&product_ID=954

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Glad you're OK Scorp. Sorry about the bike though. I'm awaiting the first response and advice from a lawyer on the board shortly. ROFL

If I was you, I'd ask to see Vanilla Thunder's credentials before you pursue it any further.

Scorp
11-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Bob Dole recommends http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=54&Category_ID=5&manufacturer_ID=58&product_ID=954

That is already on my bike. 3 flashes and then solid. They are even l.e.d. lights which are super bright. The only way he could of missed seeing them is if he wasn't looking forward. :banghead:

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I saw a guy get crushed once the same way when I was young. I have kept my eyes in the mirror and left plenty of room to move ever since. Good to hear your OK I'll bet you wanted to kill the guy.

Calcountry
11-12-2005, 04:29 PM
I was sitting behind a car at a stop sign on my bike last night, and a car plows into the rear of my bike. The front end of the car ended up where my seat is on my bike. My bike stayed up on its wheels while the front end of his car rolled right over my back tire. I felt pressure on my back and his front bumper had me pinned against my handlebars. I wiggled out, bruised all to hell. He said he wasnt paying attention. I said "No sh!t."

Anyways I made it home in time for dinner with my wife and kids. Lucky me. The beautiful bike you see below is no more. :banghead:

http://www.burnspot.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10009/entry.jpgGlad to hear you are o.k.

Perhaps 2 bike mike has an extra bike to loan ya. Whatever happened to him anyway?