PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs notes - Injury report!

Hammock Parties
11-13-2005, 03:45 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/13147680.htm

CHIEFS NOTEBOOK: Shields' milestones

The Kansas City Star

Will Shields will make his 200th straight start in Sunday’s game at Buffalo. The streak is the second longest among active players behind Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre (213).

Shields entered the first game of his rookie season in 1993 as a backup. He took over as a starter the next week and hasn’t come out of the lineup since.

Shields last week became the third player in Chiefs history to play in 200 regular-season games. Kicker Nick Lowery (212) and punter Jerrell Wilson (203) are the others.

SIMS WORKS OUT

Ryan Sims worked out under the watchful eye of trainers off to the side at practice, an indication that he might return before season’s end. Coach Dick Vermeil is more optimistic about Sims playing this year.

“Ryan Sims is making very good progress,” Vermeil said. “I’ve been around that kind of injury, and I’ve never seen anyone come back during the season. Right now it looks like he’ll make it back. I can’t tell you a time scale. All I know is, he’s working hard enough to work up a pretty good sweat on a foot that (shouldn’t allow it).”

Sims appears to be keeping his weight down, something he has had problems doing. Vermeil indicated that Sims was at 313 pounds, close to his usual playing weight.

“He wants to play,” Vermeil said. “He invested so much into having this his best year.”

Sims hasn’t played since the season opener against the Jets. The Chiefs called his injury a sprained foot.

INJURY REPORT

Sims, Willie Roaf and Jerome Woods did not practice. The Chiefs downgraded Roaf to doubtful.

Among the others, Patrick Surtain and Greg Wesley worked with the first team and should start on Sunday.

Dexter McCleon played only with the scout team that mimics the Bills’ defense, a sign that he’s unlikely to play. Vermeil indicated the Chiefs were leaning against playing Samie Parker.

The Bills added Sam Adams to their report.

Hammock Parties
11-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Thank god McNugget and Woods are still out. ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2005, 03:50 AM
Thank god McNugget and Woods are still out. ROFL

Amen.

Rausch
11-13-2005, 05:25 AM
If Wesley (quietly putting up a stellar year for learning a new position) and Surtain both start this game is already over...

the Talking Can
11-13-2005, 06:05 AM
wow...that Sims news is great, getting him back even at Week 12 or 13 for a playoff push would be huge...fingers crossed

Big Chief Homer
11-13-2005, 07:46 AM
IM glad sims is doing better and may still yet play

but the statement that DV has never seen anyone comeback from this kind of injury and play in the same season ,pisses me off that they just didnt IR him and bring in some help.
They were quick to Ir priest but keep holding on to Simms.