PDA

View Full Version : Who's the poorest blocker?

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 03:01 PM
i'm undecided

doomy3
11-13-2005, 03:06 PM
That's easy...it doesn't get worse than Black

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Larry Johnson missed a couple of blocks. He doesn't even come close to being as bad as our tackles.

Trent Green has been pressured more than any QB in the league, and that was with PRIEST HOLMES playing 2/3 of the time.

Blaming this abortion on Johnson is ridiculous...

JBucc
11-13-2005, 03:10 PM
black just plain sucks

plbrdude
11-13-2005, 03:12 PM
my vote was for black. then i thought, you have to be blocking to be poor at it.

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Blaming this abortion on Johnson is ridiculous...
so who said anything about "blaming this abortion" on any of three?

your trying to read minds again ... aren't ya.

Dunit35
11-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Black sucks.

Extra Point
11-13-2005, 03:18 PM
J (10 of the others on the field besides who has the ball)-- all of the above.

siberian khatru
11-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm not a racist but ...

Black

wolfpack0735
11-13-2005, 03:20 PM
sorry didnt vote because there`s no "all of the above"!

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Larry Johnson's name shouldn't even be on the list...

Wallcrawler
11-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Jordan Black is by far the worst "blocker" on the Chiefs team.

He's a tackle. He's playing tackle. Still, he cannot do his job at all.

Welbourn is a guard who has moved to tackle because of injuries. His suckage is easily explained.

Johnson never has been that great of a blocker, but we dont have Johnson for his blocking skills. Johnson is a great runner, pretty good receiver, and the yardage he brings to the offense more than makes up for his ineptness in the blocking game on a few plays. Sometimes he does all right, other times he just messes up.

Jordan Black needs to be gone. Hell, I could suit up and do what Jordan Black does for that kind of money. Put my hands on the guy and backpedal, then push him straight into my QB.

Where do I sign up?

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Jordan Black is by far the worst "blocker" on the Chiefs team.

He's a tackle. He's playing tackle. Still, he cannot do his job at all.

Welbourn is a guard who has moved to tackle because of injuries. His suckage is easily explained.

Johnson never has been that great of a blocker, but we dont have Johnson for his blocking skills. Johnson is a great runner, pretty good receiver, and the yardage he brings to the offense more than makes up for his ineptness in the blocking game on a few plays. Sometimes he does all right, other times he just messes up.

Jordan Black needs to be gone. Hell, I could suit up and do what Jordan Black does for that kind of money. Put my hands on the guy and backpedal, then push him straight into my QB.

Where do I sign up?

while i agree with what you said for the most part ... Johnson missed a blitzer at least 3 times today.

It's gonna get Green killed just like Black's terrible blocking.

Uatu
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Jordan Black is the worst LT I can remember the Chiefs running out there.

Eleazar
11-13-2005, 05:13 PM
It almost doesn't matter who, but we have got to get Black off the field. He's going to get Green killed.

How many times on TV the past few weeks have we seen Green getting harassed or going down, and you can see the back of Black's jersey, as he's chasing his assignment.

Mark this down, Green is not going to survive this season if Black and Welbourne start the rest of the way. No one can take that kind of punishment for a full 16 games.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
My heart says Black, but my head says Johnson. Black at least makes a block once in a while, but Johnson is in his third year and has not yet made an effective block.

That said, Johnson is a good enough runner that he makes up for his non-blockage in other ways. When Black has a 100 yard game, maybe I'll think better of him, too.

Chieftain58
11-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Welbourne and Black, terrible! terrible! terrible! problem is we don't have anyone to come in to take their places!

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Do you guys have Tivo?

Johnson had ONE bad play today. The other two times he whiffed, there was more than one guy to block. He can't block two guys coming from different directions. Shields looks like a shell of his former self.

Eleazar
11-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Do you guys have Tivo?

Johnson had ONE bad play today. The other two times he whiffed, there was more than one guy to block. He can't block two guys coming from different directions. Shields looks like a shell of his former self.

Shields definitely seems to be showing his age. Wiegmann I do not feel has had a good season either. Black and Welbourne need no introduction. Waters might be the only one who is playing halfway decent right now.

Johnson's blocking is the least of our concerns

Munson
11-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Will Shields is looking bad, but that is because he has to block whoever Black/Welbourn is blocking, in addition to his own guy.

As for the WORST blocker on our line, I voted for Jordan Black. That guy is just plain awful. He cannot handle the defensive end rushing along the outside. Every single time, the guy just runs right past Black to get pressure, get a sack, or force a fumble. I can't even describe how bad Black is. It makes my head hurt.

Phobia
11-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Ole Black has got to go.

Miles
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Definitly Black.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Can someone Tivo and show a good block by Johnson?

I'm not complaining about him overall, because he's got the potential to be a great back. I just don't think he's ever made a block in his NFL career so far.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Can someone Tivo and show a good block by Johnson?

I'm not complaining about him overall, because he's got the potential to be a great back. I just don't think he's ever made a block in his NFL career so far.

I'm working on getting the first Green fumble into a GIF. Johnson had a fine block, but there were TWO LB's coming in, and Shields let one get by him...

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 05:53 PM
maybe in a couple of days when i have the energy to actually watch the game again i'll post a couple of johnson's "low energy, patty cake" blocks.

even when he does FIND the guy to block half the time he doesn't look like he has the energy to do more than slow the guy down.

could imagine how well he'd do if he blocked with the same intesity that he runs with? :eek:

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm working on getting the first Green fumble into a GIF. Johnson had a fine block, but there were TWO LB's coming in, and Shields let one get by him...

Yeah, I don't blame him for that. I watched the replay when it happened, thinking it was Johnson's fault, and it turned out that he and Shields both went for the same guy, and Johnson adjusted too late when he saw Shields. Not really his fault, but at the same time I didn't see him make a good block on the play.

As a famous person once said, "> bad block ≠ good block".

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 06:01 PM
maybe in a couple of days when i have the energy to actually watch the game again i'll post a couple of johnson's "low energy, patty cake" blocks.

even when he does FIND the guy to block half the time he doesn't look like he has the energy to do more than slow the guy down.

could imagine how well he'd do if he blocked with the same intesity that he runs with? :eek:

Part of his problem today was indecisiveness. Whether we want to admit or not, he lacks experience. He also had several instances where there were multiple defenders blitzing and someone was getting through no matter what he did.

He's been fine in pass coverage previously, including his 5 starts last year. Interestingly enough, during those 5 starts he didn't have Jordan Black starting at LT...

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I don't blame him for that. I watched the replay when it happened, thinking it was Johnson's fault, and it turned out that he and Shields both went for the same guy, and Johnson adjusted too late when he saw Shields. Not really his fault, but at the same time I didn't see him make a good block on the play.

As a famous person once said, "> bad block ≠ good block".

Watch it again. He successfully blocked the inside blitzer BEFORE he adjusted and got his hands on the outside guy that Shields "touched" but didn't block. Yes, he didn't get a clean block on the guy. But it was the 2nd guy through, not the 1st...

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I guess I'll have to see him again. I remember him moving outside to block a guy, seeing Shields, and then turning back too late to block the inside guy.

Again, I'm not blaming him for this play because there were two guys coming at him, and in fact, he made an awesome play to make the touchdown-saving tackle. But I want to see it again before I'll believe he made a good block on that play.

Thig Lyfe
11-13-2005, 06:10 PM
More like feet of stone.

NaptownChief
11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Never thought I would see a tackle make Trezelle Jenkins look like a great talent but Black comfortably accomplishes that.

StcChief
11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Black. week in week out he gets beat by every team in
the league LT or RT.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Jordan Black is the worst LT I can remember the Chiefs running out there.

He's up there with Jenkins and Criswell

tk13
11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Part of his problem today was indecisiveness. Whether we want to admit or not, he lacks experience. He also had several instances where there were multiple defenders blitzing and someone was getting through no matter what he did.

He's been fine in pass coverage previously, including his 5 starts last year. Interestingly enough, during those 5 starts he didn't have Jordan Black starting at LT...
I thought he sucked large mammoth balls at pass blocking in the Denver game, I even mentioned it at the time. He just doesn't move very well laterally. He stands so straight up when he does everything, he's never going to be able to move very well laterally.

Black has been a revolving door though.

FloridaChief
11-13-2005, 07:36 PM
George Bush doesn't care about people named Black...