PDA

View Full Version : So What Exactly Is The Problem With The O???

PastorMikH
11-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I am just in complete disbelief in what I am seeing. We finally are showing signs of life on D and our O has fallen apart. For the last 3 years we have had one of the best offenses in the NFL. Today we can't even score a TD. Why is this?

Are teams figuring our Offense out?

Has Old Age rendered our O as average?

Is Roaf's injury that big?

Is letting Morton go hurting our passing game more than we thougth it would?

Is Saunders trying to tank because he's upset about the HC situation next season?

Have the players given up on DV?

No Heart/Desire?

Why???

plbrdude
11-13-2005, 03:06 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ArrowheadHawk
11-13-2005, 03:07 PM
dick vermeil ****ing sux thats the problem and this game just ended in dejafu with a ****ing green sack throw the godamn ball

cdcox
11-13-2005, 03:08 PM
yes

JBucc
11-13-2005, 03:08 PM
O-line sucks, Green can't throw, LJ can run, but Al doesn't want to do what works, we have no WR's, D still gives up big plays and some other shit.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Why?

It's pretty easy to see. The offensive line stinks.

milkman
11-13-2005, 03:10 PM
The Problem.

Four words.

Carl.

Dick.

Al.

Gun.

Dunit35
11-13-2005, 03:11 PM
playing down to other teams levels.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 03:11 PM
I blame Kris Wilson.

MichaelH
11-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Instead of fixing the problems, the inept management keeps putting tape on the team hoping to get it to run another 1000 miles.

suds79
11-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Problems.

# 1 - Offensive Tackle. Our Tackles are the worse in the league by far.

# 2 - WR Core. Our WR is just as bad as it was in DV's 1st year. I mean it's really bad.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 03:14 PM
The line sucks and Trent Green holds the ball to long. Mix those together and it's not pretty.

Extra Point
11-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Running the power out of the horse for the first 6 plays of the game. LJ had great numbers in the first half. Why did they get Dee Brown, if his job is nothing, but to run the ball for 3 yards to end the first half?

Al Saunders is today's problem child, with a predictable game plan.

Noone's listening to/studying Willie Roaf.

wolfpack0735
11-13-2005, 03:18 PM
we have watched or watching the fall of a great offense. the exact same thing happened in the 90`s with the defense. dickie wasnt around then. the only one that was........ queen carl ! thanks alot queenie. it proves that as long as he fills the stadiuns lamar dosent give a rats a$$.

Valiant
11-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Lets see: no particular order

1. Our Oline is horrible in passblocking, Trent cannot drop back to pass the ball...

2. LJ is not a very good pass blocker...

3. AS will not adjust to what is working...

4. Our WR, cannot get separation...

5. Our ST cannot block for Dante...

6. Dante dances to much standing still, he no longer does it at full speed...

7. AS does not know when to call in the Playaction passes...

8. AS does not know when to run/pass on 3 and long and 3 and short...

9. Our D front four cannot get constant pressure...

10. Warfield really equals McCleon Sr. ...

11. We play to much soft zone, and give up easy 1st downs...

12. Gun has us telegraph our blitzes, making them inaffective...

13. Our players are undiscplined...

14. DV cries like a bitch and has made the team soft because of it...

15. We really are going to miss Priest more then we know...

Thats all I got for now...

PastorMikH
11-13-2005, 03:22 PM
I really wonder how much has to do with Saunders having attitude problems and the O not happy with Al's play-calling. Maybe the O doesn't want Al as HC next year, whatever. Seems like the problems are deeper than they appear to me. There haven't been enough changes to our O since we were leading the league to cause these problems.

I'm ready to see a complete coaching change - and it would be REALLY nice if our Front Office was cleaned out as well. I'm ready to see people who are serious about winning running the organization, not just in pushing ticket sales.

Anyhow, on the bright side, we don't have to worry about that 13-3 monkey now. :rolleyes:

penchief
11-13-2005, 03:24 PM
The way I perceive our problems, in order of severity.

1. Our receivers suck. Kennison makes plays on occasion but he would be a number three on most teams. We just don't have anyone that can strike fear into the defense. That hurts the running game and the overall offensive gameplan.

2. Without our starting tackles we can't make the most of what we are capable of in the passing game. With our starting tackles we at least have the time for Trent to get the ball to sub-standared receivers.

That's the differnece between having a talent at RB and not having a talent at WR. Talent will make it's own way.

3. Saunder's play calling is just plain stupid. He runs when the defense expects us to run and passes when the defense expects us to pass. On top of that, we run stupid plays that never work and we run them over and over again at critical times during the game (see reverse or dump pass to Dante). Don't design plays based on what you think you think players can do....design plays based on what they have proven they can do.

KCJake
11-13-2005, 03:24 PM
The Problem.

Four words.

Carl.

Dick.

Al.

Gun.
What the hell does Gun have to do with the offense sucking?

Skip Towne
11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
For a hundred years, when the D is rushing the passer hard, draws and screens always work. Did anyone see either a draw or screen today? Even one? Anybody?

penchief
11-13-2005, 03:37 PM
For a hundred years, when the D is rushing the passer hard, draws and screens always work. Did anyone see either a draw or screen today? Even one? Anybody?

Screens? No.

Draws? I saw one draw to LJ that I thought worked pretty well.

Coogs
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
This one is all on AS IMO. The table was set in the first half. Kicking the crap out of them with LJ and a couple of play action passes. Then we get down in scoring range, and forget LJ and revert to straight drop back passes. Killed every single scoring opportunity. Even took LJ out once we got into scoring range.... more than one time too!

And Mike Solari (sp).... I thought he was supposed to be a tremendous OL coach. And he is with Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, Shields, and Tait. (I think I could do pretty good with that bunch too) All the replacements and draft choices groomed under Solari have done squat. Overrated in my books.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM

We used both a couple of times. Of course, when is was 3rd and 3, we run a 4-wide empty backfield... :banghead:

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Here's a comprehensive list of the offense's problems.

1. No Willie Roaf at left tackle.
2. Need a right tackle.

A strong #2 WR would be nice, but we've seen in years past that we don't need it if Trent has time to throw.

PastorMikH
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
This one is all on AS IMO. The table was set in the first half. Kicking the crap out of them with LJ and a couple of play action passes. Then we get down in scoring range, and forget LJ and revert to straight drop back passes. Killed every single scoring opportunity. Even took LJ out once we got into scoring range.... more than one time too!

I did not understand why LJ wasn't in there at times. He is comparable to Priest, but there were times when we needed our best available RB in there and we have the guy in there who was signed last week. What's up with that? LJ didn't get to see the field hardly until last season when Priest got hurt. Now, a guy that's been signed for one week, who wasn't good enough to be picked up by some NFL team by now is sharing reps with LJ.

Also, half way through the second quarter LJ has 100 yards rushing and we quit using him?

BTW, the discussion came up tonight at church about the pass rush getting to Green and I told them they wouldn't have to worry about a pass rush if they'd hand the ball off to LJ more.

Eleazar
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
No pass protection
No real threats in the passing game other than Tony Gonzalez
Inistance on running to the left side even though the blocking was so much worse over there

chiefqueen
11-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Here's a comprehensive list of the offense's problems.

1. No Willie Roaf at left tackle.
2. Need a right tackle.

A strong #2 WR would be nice, but we've seen in years past that we don't need it if Trent has time to throw.

We need to face reality as far as Roaf is concerned. Roaf's hamstring has torn. Torn hamstrings take months to heal. This is almost certainly Roaf's last season. Therefore, Roaf has played his last game.

PastorMikH
11-15-2005, 11:06 AM
We need to face reality as far as Roaf is concerned. Roaf's hamstring has torn. Torn hamstrings take months to heal. This is almost certainly Roaf's last season. Therefore, Roaf has played his last game.

Agreed. Roaf is most likely done. Even last year he wasn't as dominate as he used to be. It is time to look at a LT with our first round pick in the draft.

David.
11-15-2005, 11:07 AM
our tackles.

Mark M
11-15-2005, 11:29 AM
While having O-line issues and questionable wide receivers is definitely part of the problem, I think the answer it actually simpler: The rest of the league has figured it out.

Every team has poured over the film trying to either figure out how to stop it or how to incorporate parts of KC's offense into theirs. Sorry, but you don't have the best statistical offense in the league without people noticing and finding ways to shut it down.

Now, add in a lack of great players at key positions (either through injury or bad drafts, etc.), it's much easier for teams to finally shut the O down.

You either adapt, or die ... and the Chiefs are currently making plans for the funeral.

MM
~~:sulk:

Hammock Parties
11-15-2005, 11:30 AM
We're also 2nd in the league in dropped passes.

picasso
11-15-2005, 11:33 AM
The line sucks and Trent Green holds the ball to long. Mix those together and it's not pretty.

Exactly!!!!!!

JakeT
11-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Yes we have issues at tackle, and a lack of a true number 1 receiver is killing this team, but we have to blame AS on this one.

Green isn't getting the time he needs to drop back and survey the field the coaches need to adjust --

Run more play action

Run screens when the pressure is getting to us

Create some patterns for Gonzales or Bo where Green can take a 3-5 step drop and throw it up on the sideline where only Bo or Gonzo can get it (mid to deep routes we've got to keep the safties honest) .
Look what Breeze does when he's in a jam he throws it up for grabs to Gates. Gonzo can still make those plays.

Run some 3 step drop quick slants.

Use the "Secret Special Weapon" Kris Wilson or Dunn to create some match up opps (Dunn did a great Job in that 1st raider game have they thrown to him since?)

With all that's going on with our line this team still has talent. We need some SMART coaching adjustments to get us where we need to be instead its like Joe Pendry is back trying to make things work without considering the players.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2005, 11:45 AM
poor tackle play is the crux of it

a lack of imaginative play calling to compensate for the poor tackle play makes it worse.

the fact that our Quarterback doesn't deal well with pressure and doesn't throw the ball well on the move exacerbates the problem.

sloppy overall play finishes it off.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I actually think our offensive tackles are good enough to field a competent passing game. We're just asking them to do things they aren't capable of consistently doing.

The inability of this coaching staff to ADAPT is the biggest problem.

Gaz
11-15-2005, 11:53 AM
LT & RT.

It is a cliché, but it is true: it all starts up front.

Everything else wrong with the Offense is a direct result of crappy play at the Offensive Tackle position.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees no fix for the problem this season.