PDA

View Full Version : Take some responsibility off the line and put it on Green

B_Ambuehl
11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Don't blame everything on them when they blocked well enough to pile up 100 yards on the ground in the first half. Yeah Green was under pressure but not on any of those interceptions. Bottom line if he doesn't toss it up for grabs 3 times then the line is not put in obvious passing situations because they'd still be able to run and use PA pass. On those obvious passing situations if he doesn't try to hold the ball for eternity there aren't so many pressures. With Roaf out, the line actually did as good a job pass protection as they have all year, despite the 5 sacks. Really the only person consistently struggling up on the "line" is Jordan Black.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree, as I mentioned in my thread.

Trent can go f*ck off, as far as I'm concerned.

Hey, nice throw, you piece of sh*t.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 03:31 PM
As I said before, no matter how bad your line is. It's no excuse for letting someone knock the ball out of your hand 3 games in a row. Have some awareness for people around you and hang onto the damn ball.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
As I said before, no matter how bad your line is. It's no excuse for letting someone knock the ball out of your hand 3 games in a row. Have some awareness for people around you and hang onto the damn ball.

Yes, thank you. No more f*cking excuses.

JBucc
11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
F*uck the whole damn offense. And Al and DV and CP too.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Ive said enough about Green in my other thread. Yea, hes a great guy, great teammate, etc, etc.....but hes very average when the rest of the the team breaks down. Has the guy ever won a big game in his life??

cdcox
11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
B_A You usually have pretty good football takes, but I disagree with you here. Green was pressured 30 times today and has taken a beating all season long. That screws with your head. The reason he holds the ball so long is that the receivers don't get open. Green definitely deserves his share of the blame, but the whole passing game is a train wreck. We don't go down field, the line doesn't block, the receivers don't get open and drop the ball when they do, and Green makes wild throws and bad decisions when pressured and no one is open.

To put the blame all on Green is just crazy - your takes are usually much better than that.

cdcox
11-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Whoops, missed the word "some" in your thread starter. Never mind.

penchief
11-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Trent does deserve the most criticism for todays loss. He threw the ball horribly. But in his defense, our receivers suck royal ass.

My order of blame:

1. Receivers. They suck royal ass.

2. Trent. It looks like he might really be losing his touch.

3. Offensive tackles.

Nutshell: The combination of shitty receivers, poor tackle play, and Trent being off his game is killing our offense.

Red Dawg
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Green has hit the "old" wall. His arm strength is not what it was. Today he was bad and probably knows it.

Valiant
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Thats what I love, listening to you guys and your takes and relizing non of you have ever played football... It all depends on your line, Trent did not get more then a few seconds to pass the ball, before he was hit.. Hell he is the most hit QB in the NFL this year because of our line.. Do you guys know that???? Of course not, you will bring up some other lame ass excuse for blame and totally avoid it... Of course it seems 2 seconds is an eternity you for PB...

If you think it is easier to PB then RB, then you know nothing about football...

Two of those interceptions were his fault, not question about that... He was trying to do too much... The strip and fumble was not his fault, that is soley on the line and if you ask them whose fault it was they will say thiers because they let the guy straight thru to the QB.. Hell he should have fumbled that first one but hung on...

You guys are some big ass crybabies...

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I hate to say it because I respect Trent Green, but what we're seeing is that his great performance in recent years has been to a significant extent the result of having lots of time in the pocket. With a weaker line, he's not a playmaker.

That said, it was inexcusable to not help out Jordan Black. Black was consistently lined up against the Bills' best rusher with no help. It shouldn't take much of an IQ to start helping him out. It's not like it's a surprise that he's being beat on every snap.

penchief
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Thats what I love, listening to you guys and your takes and relizing non of you have ever played football... It all depends on your line, Trent did not get more then a few seconds to pass the ball, before he was hit.. Hell he is the most hit QB in the NFL this year because of our line.. Do you guys know that???? Of course not, you will bring up some other lame ass excuse for blame and totally avoid it... Of course it seems 2 seconds is an eternity you for PB...

If you think it is easier to PB then RB, then you know nothing about football...

Two of those interceptions were his fault, not question about that... He was trying to do too much... The strip and fumble was not his fault, that is soley on the line and if you ask them whose fault it was they will say thiers because they let the guy straight thru to the QB.. Hell he should have fumbled that first one but hung on...

You guys are some big ass crybabies...

Again, our biggest problem is shitty receivers.

Add to that our starting tackles being out; then understand that Trent has been under pressure that he has not been accustomed to. Therefore, as the leader of the team it is incumbent upon him to step up and make the decisions under duress which contribute to team's success. That is the job definition of a quarter back.

Having said that. I have complete faith in his ability to run this offense. But I also believe that he has only a couple years left. We need to think about a Ramsey, Harrington, or Rivers if we are going to take it to the next level.

The Trent Green/Priest Holmes era is over. We have a buddinng defense and a superstar RB. All we need is QB of the future, a couple of wideouts, a couple of tackles (I think Sampson is one), a couple of DT's and a couple of safeties, IMO.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Green hasn't lost his touch or gotten worse, the man has no sufficient tackles they're constant being pushed in his face which impeded Trent's throwing motion.WR's are joke. End of discussion

Valiant
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I hate to say it because I respect Trent Green, but what we're seeing is that his great performance in recent years has been to a significant extent the result of having lots of time in the pocket. With a weaker line, he's not a playmaker.

That said, it was inexcusable to not help out Jordan Black. Black was consistently lined up against the Bills' best rusher with no help. It shouldn't take much of an IQ to start helping him out. It's not like it's a surprise that he's being beat on every snap.

And it is that way with every QB in the league... If they get zero time, they are going to fail... Trent got sacked 6times and hit another 17times in one game... They were in his face the entire time... And when we did have an extra blocker LJ wiffed twice... This was a total team loss, well 70/30 offense...

Line play, dropped passes, LJ horrible blocking, AS playcalling, Trents turnovers, which two I blame on the line...

FloridaMan88
11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
No excuse for Trent's decision making today agreed. As a veteran QB he has to know the game situation better and know that the game was close and low scoring and that in this type of game there is nothing wrong with settling for a punt and playing for field position, rather than forcing the issue like he did on all 3 of those INTs

Wallcrawler
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Props to Al Saunders as well, knowing full well that the pass protection is not good, and calling 5-7 step drops, 5 wide receiver sets, and not employing the shotgun.

If I didnt know any better, I would say that he was TRYING to get Green sacked.

Jordan Black couldnt block my grandmother coming at him with her damned walker. Thats how bad that POS is. Welbourn is a guard playing tackle so at least he has sort of a reason for being so worthless.

I dont care who is under center. With tackles that just let the ends come free at the snap of the ball, and then push the ends into the damn qb, youre not going to have success passing.

Qbs need time in the pocket. Trent Green did not get it today. 6 sacks, 14 pressures, and 10 knockdowns. That is not sufficient pass protection.

B_Ambuehl
11-13-2005, 05:28 PM

You guys are some big ass crybabies..

I played football so can identify with what you're speaking of. I don't blame Trent at all for the 4th quarter. What I blame him for are mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where he made mistakes that took the team out of the gameplan and forced the offense to revert to the dropback passing game which is hard to do against Buffalo's defense and impossible to do with the situation being what it is at left tackle.

I thought the coaches put together a magnificent gameplan and, even though we were behind, that game was there for the defense to win had Trent been a little smarter in a couple of key situations. It was obvious going in the plan was to protect the quarterback by running the ball, playing field position and thwarting the pass rush via use of the PA action pass and short passing game. Other then a couple of plays, that was working very well up until the 4th quarter and Trent had plenty of time to get the ball out up until it got out of hand. Yet by turning the ball over twice (after the fumble) in Buffalo territory, while the offense was still in the flow of the gameplan, by trying to force stuff that was not there, Trent killed the "smallball" gameplan and the defense was able to pin their ears back. From then on all hell broke loose.

FringeNC
11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I didn't see the game. Were the INTs obviously Trent's fault?

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 06:13 PM
You'd have to blame them primarily on Green. They were all really bad, hurried throws.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I played football so can identify with what you're speaking of. I don't blame Trent at all for the 4th quarter. What I blame him for are mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where he made mistakes that took the team out of the gameplan and forced the offense to revert to the dropback passing game which is hard to do against Buffalo's defense and impossible to do with the situation being what it is at left tackle.

I thought the coaches put together a magnificent gameplan and, even though we were behind, that game was there for the defense to win had Trent been a little smarter in a couple of key situations. It was obvious going in the plan was to protect the quarterback by running the ball, playing field position and thwarting the pass rush via use of the PA action pass and short passing game. Other then a couple of plays, that was working very well up until the 4th quarter and Trent had plenty of time to get the ball out up until it got out of hand. Yet by turning the ball over twice (after the fumble) in Buffalo territory, while the offense was still in the flow of the gameplan, by trying to force stuff that was not there, Trent killed the "smallball" gameplan and the defense was able to pin their ears back. From then on all hell broke loose.

Very well said.

B_Ambuehl
11-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I just got through going through the tape and I'll post the play by play of the offense and who screwed up later this week, but on none of those interceptions save for the last one was there any pressure whatsoever, and even on the last one Trent had a full 5 seconds to get rid of the ball before he got pressured on account of his own pump fake.