PDA

View Full Version : Offense didn't underperform they just don't have it anymore

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm not as pissed off after this loss as I've been after other losses. I get infuriated at the team when they underperform. The organization gambled on the offense being able to dominate one more season while the defense caught up. The defense has finally improved but the problems with our offense is not something you can just fix during the course of a season. During the offseason I say retool the offensive line either through the draft or free agency. When Trent retires I say pick up a veteran QB. Let's not be like the Texans and waste years hoping a young QB will pan out. DV just needs to retire at the end of the year there's just too many holes in the offense to turn things around this offseason.

JimNasium
11-13-2005, 03:58 PM
They have no passing game any longer. If they get behind they are done. They really need to focus on OT and WR during the offseason.

|Zach|
11-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Eh, they are not what they used to be but they are also not that bad that a 3 point preformance is all they are capable of. At all...

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Eh, they are not what they used to be but they are also not that bad that a 3 point preformance is all they are capable of. At all...

I agree but even if we were able to somehow pull one out today the offense is in a state of decline and we would just be setting ourselves up for another disaster down the road. It was very gutsy to pull off what they did against chokeland but make no mistake about it they are in a state of decline.

|Zach|
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I agree but even if we were able to somehow pull one out today the offense is in a state of decline and we would just be setting ourselves up for another disaster down the road. It was very gutsy to pull off what they did against chokeland but make no mistake about it they are in a state of decline.I am not saying they are not in a state of decline...but I don't think you can take the underpreforming tag off of this preformance.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
The offense would be strong if we had Roaf back. One hole on the OL can be plugged. Two holes is impossible to fix.

How many other teams would be playing well without their star RB and both starting tackles?

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
The offense would be strong if we had Roaf back. One hole on the OL can be plugged. Two holes is impossible to fix.

How many other teams would be playing well without their star RB and both starting tackles?

I would have agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but that San Diego game showed me a Roaf whos skills are declining. IMO LJ is now our star RB and he had a decent enough game. He was the only guy on offense who was consistant. We've gotten as much mileage as we could have out of a once dominant offense and IMO it's time to retool this offseason.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I am not saying they are not in a state of decline...but I don't think you can take the underpreforming tag off of this preformance.

You don't go from the offensive output we've had in recent years to where we are today without being in some sort of decline. Hey watching the offense dominate was a thing of beauty and I enjoyed every minute of it but realistically I just don't think they have it anymore.

Extra Point
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Boy, that Dee Brown guy sure ran his ass off today. Chris Horn's first dropped pass was indicative of the game's tempo, and result. We had to go short yardage all the time, then we whizzed it long. What an offensive Yo-Yo, figuratively in the scheme, literally in who called it.......

|Zach|
11-13-2005, 04:26 PM
You don't go from the offensive output we've had in recent years to where we are today without being in some sort of decline. Hey watching the offense dominate was a thing of beauty and I enjoyed every minute of it but realistically I just don't think they have it anymore.Again, I agree with you we are in a decline. Even so, the offense we do have underpreformed today.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Again, I agree with you we are in a decline. Even so, the offense we do have underpreformed today.

I don't understand how you can say they underperformed today. We have recievers who can't get open consistantly. Our line can't pass protect enough for our recievers to get open. Buffalo isn't that great of a team but Buffalo is still a tough place to get a win. LJ is capable of putting up great rushing yards but besides Tony we don't have enough talent to be able to mix it up.

|Zach|
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't understand how you can say they underperformed today. We have recievers who can't get open consistantly. Our line can't pass protect enough for our recievers to get open. Buffalo isn't that great of a team but Buffalo is still a tough place to get a win. LJ is capable of putting up great rushing yards but besides Tony we don't have enough talent to be able to mix it up.If you believe 3 points is as good as this offense is then I don't know what to tell you...

siberian khatru
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't understand how you can say they underperformed today. We have recievers who can't get open consistantly. Our line can't pass protect enough for our recievers to get open. Buffalo isn't that great of a team but Buffalo is still a tough place to get a win. LJ is capable of putting up great rushing yards but besides Tony we don't have enough talent to be able to mix it up.

I think he's saying that 3 points is an anomaly. We probably can't expect to score 27-30 points consistently anymore, but we should score 17-21. Thus, we underperformed today.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I think he's saying that 3 points is an anomaly. We probably can't expect to score 27-30 points consistently anymore, but we should score 17-21. Thus, we underperformed today.

Alright that's understandable but at this point the offense is very one dimensional. IMO the offense now begins and ends with LJ. If I'm an opposing defensive QB I key in on LJ and make the offense have to win it through the air.

Red Dawg
11-13-2005, 04:48 PM
You don't go from the offensive output we've had in recent years to where we are today without being in some sort of decline. Hey watching the offense dominate was a thing of beauty and I enjoyed every minute of it but realistically I just don't think they have it anymore.

Totally true. They do not have it anymore and have not had it this entire season.