PDA

View Full Version : Official Draft Omar Jacobs Thread

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Bowling Green's Quarterback. He has been unbelievable the last two years. He shredded a good Wisconsin D on ESPN the first game of the year. The only reason they have lost four games is b/c he had to miss two with a shoulder injury. And he is a BIG sumbitch. I walk by him three times a week on campus. He's every bit of 6'4", which he is listed at, and he may be closer to 6'5". He's mobile too, not Vick mobile, but he is elusive in the pocket.

As Wesley Snipes said, "Always bet on Black".

chief99
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Kstate recruited him.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
If they had him they'd be leading the Big 12 north right now

chief99
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Not really . Kstate had massive injuries on the o-line.

He is in a better situation there for now.

The Red Death
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
As Wesley Snipes said, "Always bet on Black".

Did that work with Jordan?

chief99
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
If BRADY QUINN is floating in the 2nd round .

Take him. He prob go 1st though.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 04:44 PM
He won't amount to anything at the next level. Steer clear.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Omar Jacobs has Daunte Culpepper like talent. He needs a little work with his mechanics but I think he can be a really good pro. If Green is going to come back for another year then I think picking Jacobs would be an excellent move.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 04:45 PM
If we take anything other than a stud O-tackle in the 1st, I'll puke half my weight.

Mecca
He won't amount to anything at the next level. Steer clear.

Got a better idea? The pure talent of the guy is tremendous you won't find many guys with a higher upside than Omar Jacobs.

HolmeZz
If BRADY QUINN is floating in the 2nd round .

Take him. He prob go 1st though.

Quinn's a junior and is staying for his senior year.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Got a better idea? The pure talent of the guy is tremendous you won't find many guys with a higher upside than Omar Jacobs.

He throws the deep ball well. That's where the upside ends. He has piss poor mechanics and he's got absolutely no velocity on his throws when he passes short or across the middle. He'll be miserable with the intermediate passing game at the next level because of how much faster the NFL game is.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't see Quinn going in the 1st round.

I'm guessing only Leinart and Young go in the 1st (I'm sure Young will go, even though he's probably not a sure-fire 1st-rounder)...

There's probably 3 or 4 QB prospects better than Quinn, IMO.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Omar could be had in the 2nd or third round. I must say that I agree with Mecca given his upside. The one good thing about Omar is that he does know how to read a defense. He had the highest TD/Int ratio in NCAA history last year. Granted, this was in a spread offense against mediocre competition, but still 39 TDs and 4 Ints is pretty f'in good.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Unless Vince Young completely changes how he throws, he'll never play QB in the NFL.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 04:54 PM
If Quinn didn't play at Notre Dame would anyone even give a rat's ass about him?

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey maybe you just started following the team so I'll clue you in on something. WE DON'T DRAFT WELL AT THE QB POSITION. When Trents time is up we're better off getting a vet QB via free agency. If we draft a QB and start him right away it will be a David Carr type situation and I don't want that.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Jacobs is the kind of guy who you'd wanna develop over a year or two. He has some mechanical issues, but those can be corrected. Trent still has two years left in him provided that he isn't decapitated by our lack of pass protection.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Jacobs is the kind of guy who you'd wanna develop over a year or two. He has some mechanical issues, but those can be corrected. Trent still has two years left in him provided that he isn't decapitated by our lack of pass protection.

It probably can be corrected and your boy might make a good QB in the NFL but our organization has proven time and time again that they cannot develop a QBOTF.

Uncle_Ted
11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Wisconsin's D is terrible this year ...

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I tend to agree with you regarding our inability to develop quarterbacks (matt blunding, pat barnes, the list goes on). But once Vermeil is gone I'd think anything is possible.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Wisconsin's D is terrible this year ...

Yep. They're horrible.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:05 PM

That's exactly my view of him too. I think if you can sit him for 1-2 years and work his mechanics and coach him before he plays. He'll be a good player that makes big time plays.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
If Quinn didn't play at Notre Dame would anyone even give a rat's ass about him?

If he put up the numbers he's putting up, yes. And he wouldn't have the Notre Dame haters against him.

wolfpack0735
11-13-2005, 05:37 PM
it dosnt matter who we draft at QB,until we can protect him its a waisted pick. try a LT first or get one in FA.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:39 PM
If Jacobs does come out he's probably going to project in the 2nd round. So it would be possible to get the Left Tackle and him..........

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I like the idea of picking up a T to solidify our line with the first pick and then trying to get Omar sometime in round 2

Saulbadguy
11-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Yes, K-State recruited him. He could not academically qualify. What does that tell you?

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Yes, K-State recruited him. He could not academically qualify. What does that tell you?

That he was just right for Bowling Green. ;)

Frankie
11-13-2005, 07:07 PM
I tend to agree with you regarding our inability to develop quarterbacks (matt blunding, pat barnes, the list goes on). But once Vermeil is gone I'd think anything is possible.Blundin and Barnes and another 2nd rounder whose name escapes me were drafted under the stubborn rookie hating Marty who would pin their asses to the bench and let them rot there. Marty had no intention of developing them. I bet another team would have at least come up with one good QB out of those three. It's not like they were without talent or taken way before their draft projection.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 07:10 PM
If Jacobs does come out he's probably going to project in the 2nd round. So it would be possible to get the Left Tackle and him..........
I don't know much about Jacobs. But I want a LT in the 1st and then maybe him in the 2nd if he is as good as y'all say. I hate to say it. We thought Roaf was gonna stick arount another year or two. But a hammy tear can convince an old guy to retire in a hurry.

NaptownChief
11-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Other than being big, strong, poised, smart and having an excellent arm I would say no....

My money is on him being a 1st rounder and probably a pretty high first rounder.

Jacobs intrigues me but if you think Quinn isn't a top notch NFL QB prospect then you don't know much about football or you have a hate for ND that is clouding your judgment to the max.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Other than being big, strong, poised, smart and having an excellent arm I would say no....

My money is on him being a 1st rounder and probably a pretty high first rounder.

Jacobs intrigues me but if you think Quinn isn't a top notch NFL QB prospect then you don't know much about football or you have a hate for ND that is clouding your judgment to the max.

Those are fair accessments, I wasn't talking about Quinn because I seriously doubt he's coming out this year. Omar Jacobs is just a raw talent if you have the coaching to develop him for a year or 2 before sticking him in he could he a Daunte Culpepper kind of QB.

JBucc
11-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Quinn is a good prospect and I think will do very good in the NFL, as for this Jacobs kid I have no clue about him, never seen him or heard anything about him.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Quinn is a good prospect and I think will do very good in the NFL, as for this Jacobs kid I have no clue about him, never seen him or heard anything about him.

Jacobs has gaudy stat lines if you're into that........Last year he had 41 TD's and 4 Int's. He's just a talent he's a big guy who can run and throw. He needs some tweeking with his mechanics that's about it. Think thinner Daunte Culpepper with Dreads.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Jacobs has gaudy stat lines if you're into that........Last year he had 41 TD's and 4 Int's. He's just a talent he's a big guy who can run and throw. He needs some tweeking with his mechanics that's about it. Think thinner Daunte Culpepper with Dreads.

You don't translate statistics from college to the pros. You translate skills. He's not a first round talent and not a franchise QB.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:34 PM
You don't translate statistics from college to the pros. You translate skills. He's not a first round talent and not a franchise QB.

I don't agree with that, I think he has the natural physical talent to be a first round pick. I just think he needs some coaching that he's not getting at Bowling Green to really use all of his talent.

NaptownChief
11-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Having watched him play only 3 or 4 times I'm not sold that he is a savior but I'm also not sure that he can't be a really good NFL QB. Intelligence is one of the more important factors for success at the NFL level for QB's and the fact that KState wouldn't take him on academic basis would be my biggest concern. Everyone knows that KState has some of the lowest standards in college football so that is saying a bunch. If that indeed is true I would agree that he is not 1st round talent as that would be too big of a risk but I certainly wouldn't write the kid off, not yet anyway.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 07:37 PM
A lot of talent makes you a 1st round QB. But maybe a little less talent with heart makes you a great NFL QB find in a later round.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Omar Jacobs projects better to the NFL than Vince Young does at the QB position. Young will probably need the most coaching work ever done to just make him capable of playing the position in the NFL.

NaptownChief
11-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Omar Jacobs projects better to the NFL than Vince Young does at the QB position. Young will probably need the most coaching work ever done to just make him capable of playing the position in the NFL.

I completely agree with that....

Lienart
Quinn
Jay Cutler from Vandy
Jacobs
Paul Pinegar from Fresno State

All have bigger upsides as NFL QB's than Young IMHO. Young will be a great weapon but unlikely at QB.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I still think Vince Young's going to be a WR in the NFL. Jay Cutler is an interesting prospect, I think he could end up as a really good 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 07:45 PM
He's a big guy with a big arm who also happens to be very mobile...that always translates to the next level.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I've never heard the K-State story. Here is a feature story on Omar from espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2167231

I heard that K-State "cancelled" his recruiting visit, but the reasons were never elaborated on. He was injured in an All-Star game in Florida and supposedly that is why several teams passed on him. All I'm saying is that it's worth a shot.

NaptownChief
11-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I still think Vince Young's going to be a WR in the NFL. Jay Cutler is an interesting prospect, I think he could end up as a really good 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Cutler is a guy I would love to see the Chiefs sneak out of next years draft in the 2nd round. He has faced top defenses and knows what that looks like while having to carry a bad team on his back....Sounds like he would feel right at home in KC. :D

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Cutler is a guy I would love to see the Chiefs sneak out of next years draft in the 2nd round. He has faced top defenses and knows what that looks like while having to carry a bad team on his back....Sounds like he would feel right at home in KC. :D

Cutler is a guy that could go mid-2nd. If we could get a stud OT in round 1 and then him...that would be a kickass draft...

Mecca
11-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Cutler is a guy that could go mid-2nd. If we could get a stud OT in round 1 and then him...that would be a kickass draft...

Hypothetical question.......If the Chiefs were to finish this season poorly and have a high pick. Would you rather have the OT, or a stud DE like Mario Williams or Mathias Kiwanuka?

Frankie
11-13-2005, 08:15 PM
OK. Color me intrigued. How about some stats on Jay Cutler?

Frankie
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
OK. Color me intrigued. How about some stats on Jay Cutler?
Although I must say his name sounds too much like Jake Plummer for my taste.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Cutler and Brodie Croyle are two guys I'm high on.

Cutler looks like Favre when he's on the field. Pretty bad mechanics, likes throwing off his back foot, but he's got a killer arm and has a ton of confidence in it. He'll make a mistake or two, but he can make it up with great plays.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Hypothetical question.......If the Chiefs were to finish this season poorly and have a high pick. Would you rather have the OT, or a stud DE like Mario Williams or Mathias Kiwanuka?
If ranked equal, a stud LT.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't know. The thought of a DE who could wreak havoc on the other side of Allen, or a DT worth more than a used condom would both be worth a look.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Cutler and Brodie Croyle are two guys I'm high on.

Cutler looks like Favre when he's on the field. Pretty bad mechanics, likes throwing off his back foot, but he's got a killer arm and has a ton of confidence in it. He'll make a mistake or two, but he can make it up with great plays.

I don't think Croyle projects well to the NFL, maybe as a backup. His arms are small and his arm isn't good. I'd be surprised if he went before the 5th round.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I don't think Croyle projects well to the NFL, maybe as a backup. His arms are small and his arm isn't good. I'd be surprised if he went before the 5th round.

His arm isn't good? What the **** are you on? He's got an absolute cannon for an arm. That's his biggest strength.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 08:58 PM
From what I've seen of him I wasn't impressed and didn't think his arm looked good. Maybe that's because Alabama has a high school offense out there and it's not him. Also it wasn't helping that his arms were so tiny he was giving me Ken Dorsey flashbacks.

As far as other QB's worth a look, I'd say Charlie Whitehurst is worth a look also.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Omar's arms aren't very long. That's also why he looks like he short-arms all his passes.

As for Alabama having a High School offense, Croyle's had a completion of 40+ yards in like 9 out of their last 10 games. And that's even after Tyrone Prothro broke his leg.

Whitehurst is mistake prone, and aside from that, he doesn't do one thing particularly well. Very average.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm gonna have to check out Omar's arms when I walk by him on campus tomorrow. If I get my ass whipped when I bring out the tape measure then start up a medical fund for me.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm gonna have to check out Omar's arms when I walk by him on campus tomorrow. If I get my ass whipped when I bring out the tape measure then start up a medical fund for me.

For a 6'5" guy, he should have a huge wingspan.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/college/bowls/omar22.jpg

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
He is 6'4 so how short can his arms be? Unless he has David Pollack esq short arms, I don't think that is a huge deal.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:10 PM
He is 6'4 so how short can his arms be? Unless he has David Pollack esq short arms, I don't think that is a huge deal.

Brodie Croyle is 6'3" and you're making a big deal about his arms.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:11 PM
why do we care about the arm length of a qb unless it somehow is detrimental to his velocity

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Brodie Croyle is 6'3" and you're making a big deal about his arms.

I'm not talking wing span, I was talking muscle mass of his arms. Croyle has Ken Dorsey toothpick like arms.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I wonder how much Dorsey can bench

Ultra Peanut
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Omar could be had in the 2nd or third round. I must say that I agree with Mecca given his upside. The one good thing about Omar is that he does know how to read a defense. He had the highest TD/Int ratio in NCAA history last year. Granted, this was in a spread offense against mediocre competition, but still 39 TDs and 4 Ints is pretty f'in good.Scott Vogel got one of those four picks in the GMAC Bowl. Way to go, Scott!

I miss Scott Vogel... he was so beat up by the end of his senior year, but he just kept fighting through it all.

Anyways, I'm fully on the "OJ rocks" boat.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm not talking wing span, I was talking muscle mass of his arms. Croyle has Ken Dorsey toothpick like arms.

Muscle mass is irrelevant. Arm strength isn't though, and he has it.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
And Omar still lit up Vogel and his Cabronies like a fiber optic xmas tree

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll be the first to admit me judging Brodie Croyle is very subjective I haven't seen them play enough to really know what he is. I watched that LSU game and their entire offense looked bad in that one.

The one thing that would make me leery of him, taking him on the first day anyway. Is that he has been very injury prone over his college career.

Ultra Peanut
And Omar still lit up Vogel and his Cabronies like a fiber optic xmas treeHey, he only put up 52 in that ****ING MONSOON. In those perfect conditions against a Joe Lee Dunn defense, he should have had at least 70!

By the way, we used that "onside kick out of nowhere" you pulled against us to take control of the Houston game this year. :D

Black Jack Savage
It was said here that Omar didn't go to K-State because an asst. coach left and cancelled his visit, not b/c of academics

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050901/COLUMNIST37/509010343

Ultra Peanut
11-13-2005, 09:23 PM
It was said here that Omar didn't go to K-State because an asst. coach left and cancelled his visit, not b/c of academics

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050901/COLUMNIST37/509010343Wow, Omar Jacobs at Buffalo? That would have been such a waste.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I'll be the first to admit me judging Brodie Croyle is very subjective I haven't seen them play enough to really know what he is. I watched that LSU game and their entire offense looked bad in that one.

The one thing that would make me leery of him, taking him on the first day anyway. Is that he has been very injury prone over his college career.

His injury history is the really big knock on him.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050901/COLUMNIST37/509010343

All the Kstate fans that just read that cried. Kstate was that close to a real blue chip QB.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:28 PM
K-State would have won the North the last two years w/ Omar

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Omar plays Tuesday night on the Deuce against Miami OH for those of you who want a better look @ him.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm glad someone other than me is a fan of Omar Jacobs. Atleast I won't be alone in wanting the Chiefs to pick him.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:46 PM
All this talk about him has inspired me enough to create myself as a dominant safety that Bowling Green needs to solidify their D in NCAA '06 and make an unprecedented run for the National title

Mecca
11-13-2005, 10:03 PM
I've actually drafted Omar Jacobs in my madden franchise with the Chiefs. So he is my future......

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Damn talking about the draft in Week 9 is pretty pathetic.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 10:09 PM

Eh, I can talk about the draft in week 9 if the chiefs are 7-2. I'm one of those big "draftnik" kind of people. It's something I look forward too for the entire year.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 10:10 PM

Especially when it's week 10.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 06:15 AM
K-State would have won the North the last two years w/ Omar
You're a dumbass. We had many more problems than just QB play this year, and last.

Omar does not have an NFL brain. That is his downside.

Ultra Peanut
11-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Racialist.

NaptownChief
11-14-2005, 06:43 AM

You must be new to being a Chiefs fan....week 9 is about 3 weeks later than we normally start draft discussions. That is what teams do that never win playoff games.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 06:53 AM
You must be new to being a Chiefs fan....week 9 is about 3 weeks later than we normally start draft discussions. That is what teams do that never win playoff games.

Of course we could get depressed about the draft too. Seeing as a fan might be able to out draft Peterson at this point.

NJ Chief Fan
11-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Bowling Green's Quarterback. He has been unbelievable the last two years. He shredded a good Wisconsin

thats all i had to read...wisconsin HAS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DEFENSE

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 08:30 AM
K-State couldn't have won the north with ol J.C. himself at the helm.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 08:54 AM

What?

There are some scouts that think that Croyle is a better NFL prospect than even Leinart. Not sure I agree, but to say he doesn't project well to the NFL is, well...

Another guy that is intriguing is Darrell Hackney at UAB. I've only seen him play once, but he looks like an NFL prospect...

Mecca
11-14-2005, 08:59 AM
What?

There are some scouts that think that Croyle is a better NFL prospect than even Leinart. Not sure I agree, but to say he doesn't project well to the NFL is, well...

Another guy that is intriguing is Darrell Hackney at UAB. I've only seen him play once, but he looks like an NFL prospect...

That stuff about Croyle is weird, maybe it's the offense he's playing in and he has better talent then he's showing. I'd still be leary of picking a guy who's blown both his ACL's and had a shoulder injury before getting out of college.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 09:49 AM
thats all i had to read...wisconsin HAS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DEFENSE

Ok, you got me on that one, Wisconsin's defense does suck, and I do hate Brady Quinn because he plays at Notre Dame, but that's only because I hate the Catholic Church, which is quite ironic given the fact that my fiancee and I are getting married in the Church b/c her mother's a Catholic.

Seriously though, Omar did shred a Big 10 D even if it is a shitty Big 10 D. He threw for 300 f*ckin yards in the first half for Chrissakes.

Bash me if you want, but I will guarantee he throws for 380 and 4 scores tomorrow night.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Omar Jacobs basically shreds everyone. The only thing you could even say to remotely bash him is his mechanics need a little work and he plays in a spread offense, that's it.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
And by the way Dan Marino scored a f*ckin 13 on his Wonderlic. You don't have to be a genius to read an NFL defense. You don't even have to be smart. If you watch enough film you can eventually get it down. I'm not even saying that Omar's dumb, because I don't think that he is, but even if he were he could learn how to read an NFL D

Mecca
11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
And by the way Dan Marino scored a f*ckin 13 on his Wonderlic. You don't have to be a genius to read an NFL defense. You don't even have to be smart. If you watch enough film you can eventually get it down. I'm not even saying that Omar's dumb, because I don't think that he is, but even if he were he could learn how to read an NFL D

There's a pretty large diference in answering math questions and comparison questions. Than what your ability is to learn a playbook and read a defense. Even if the guy is a very average student and isn't book smart that doesn't mean he's football stupid. They are 2 totally diferent things.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 09:55 AM
There's a pretty large diference in answering math questions and comparison questions. Than what your ability is to learn a playbook and read a defense. Even if the guy is a very average student and isn't book smart that doesn't mean his football stupid. They are 2 totally diferent things.

A very good point. It seems that you and I are the only ones touting Omar out here. How long do you think we should wait before we pull out the Ace of Spades, the race card?

Mecca
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't think anyone is going to pull the race card honestly. I think alot of this is he's playing for Bowling Green, so alot of people haven't seen him. Or hell even know who he is for that matter.

Ultra Peanut
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Another guy that is intriguing is Darrell Hackney at UAB. I've only seen him play once, but he looks like an NFL prospect...Hack is a ****ing demon from hell. He is Daunte Culpepper and Jared Lorenzen and Beelzebub all rolled into one.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Omar>Hack

Ultra Peanut
11-14-2005, 10:04 AM
A very good point. It seems that you and I are the only ones touting Omar out here. How long do you think we should wait before we pull out the Ace of Spades, the race card?What, do you have me on ignore?

Racialist.

Besides, I was pimping Omar (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123093) and playing the race card before you were even registered, n00b! :D

Ultra Peanut
11-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Omar>HackAs a QB? Maybe so. As a monstrous hellspawn/tank? Not even close.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 10:07 AM
We don't need a greasy fast Blacktalian monstah, we just need a kid who can play the rat f*ck out of the position, and Omar can.

jspchief
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Croyle is a guy I'd be interested in. Don't mistake Alabama's offensive struggles for a sign of poor QB play. He doesn't have much talent around him. If Prothro wouldn't have been injured, people would be talking about them passing Texas in the BCS.

His two knocks are injuries and size. He's awefully thin, but I think a few years in an NFL weight room could remedy that. He's also had some bad injuries.

It will be interesting to see what round he goes in. He may have the best skill set of any QB in this year's draft, but the injury bug may drop his stock. I think he'd be worth a 3rd round pick, maybe late 2nd.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Croyle is a guy I'd be interested in. Don't mistake Alabama's offensive struggles for a sign of poor QB play. He doesn't have much talent around him. If Prothro wouldn't have been injured, people would be talking about them passing Texas in the BCS.

His two knocks are injuries and size. He's awefully thin, but I think a few years in an NFL weight room could remedy that. He's also had some bad injuries.

It will be interesting to see what round he goes in. He may have the best skill set of any QB in this year's draft, but the injury bug may drop his stock. I think he'd be worth a 3rd round pick, maybe late 2nd.

I'm thinking he's going to be in the Kyle Orton type range after all of the evaluation is done. He'll project 3rd then go 4th due to the injury questions scaring teams off.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I do remember and appreciate your playing of the race card Psicosis, although not in the past threads...this is true. Until a few minutes ago, you weren't quite as verbal about it as some of these other crazy sonsofb*tches.

It's going to take a messiah to save this Franchise. Jesus was black, and so is Omar, so why can't he be the messiah too?

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 10:16 AM
And why does Holmezz hate on Omar so much??

Mecca
11-14-2005, 10:18 AM
He probably just doesn't think he projects well to the NFL. He's not the only guy who think's that.

My question is, since your from Bowling Green. Do you think Jacobs is going to come out? There's no guarentee he's even going to come out this year.

jspchief
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm thinking he's going to be in the Kyle Orton type range after all of the evaluation is done. He'll project 3rd then go 4th due to the injury questions scaring teams off.Croyle will go ahead of Jacobs. I'll guarantee that much.

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 10:22 AM
It's not just him who doesn't think he projects to the NFL. He doesn't play in a pro-style offense. He doesn't throw overhand. He's in a conference where he plays inferior opposition.

It's not like it's stupid to question whether or not the guy will make it in the NFL. There are legitimate reasons to question it.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Croyle will go ahead of Jacobs. I'll guarantee that much.

I doubt it.... A 6'4 QB that can run and his alot of natural talent. Croyle has torn both his ACL's. If you think you can coach QB's, Jacobs is a better pick because his talent level is higher. I think Croyles injury history will move him down to the middle rounds.

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Jesus was black, and so is Omar, so why can't he be the messiah too?

What makes you think a Jewish guy born in 1st century Palestine was black? :rolleyes:

Mecca
11-14-2005, 10:25 AM
It's not just him who doesn't think he projects to the NFL. He doesn't play in a pro-style offense. He doesn't throw overhand. He's in a conference where he plays inferior opposition.

It's not like it's stupid to question whether or not the guy will make it in the NFL. There are legitimate reasons to question it.

Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich are from that conference....Alex Smith went #1 overall playing in that same offense. I've already said his mechanics need to be changed. As I said if you can coach a QB Omar Jacobs will payoff big time 2-3 years down the line.

jspchief
11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I doubt it.... A 6'4 QB that can run and his alot of natural talent. Croyle has torn both his ACL's. If you think you can coach QB's, Jacobs is a better pick because his talent level is higher. I think Croyles injury history will move him down to the middle rounds.I think you don't know very much about Croyle. Jacobs may be more athletic, but his talent level isn't higher. Croyle is so much more suited for the NFL.

And if you want to talk about detractors, Jacob's level of competition comes to mind.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
I think you don't know very much about Croyle. Jacobs may be more athletic, but his talent level isn't higher. Croyle is so much more suited for the NFL.

And if you want to talk about detractors, Jacob's level of competition comes to mind.

It's hard for me to judge what Croyle's talent really is honestly. Alabama's offense does nothing to showcase what he can do so it's hard to get any kind of read on what he is. He probably does project better as a pure drop back pocket passer. I also know teams will look at the 2 torn ACL's and the dislocated shoulder and wonder if he can last in the NFL for a full season.

When I see Jacobs play, I see an atheletic guy who could be molded into a Daunte Culpepper type of player. Jacobs is a higher risk higher reward type of pick.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Croyle will go ahead of Jacobs. I'll guarantee that much.

I agree.

Iowanian
11-14-2005, 10:45 AM
pffffffffffffffffft.

Give me Shaub, Harrington or Carr if they're released, or affordable.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM

The system he plays in and his level of competition are going to be the biggest factors.

He doesn't thow overhand, but his release is far less "painful-looking" than Philip Rivers'...

HolmeZz
11-14-2005, 11:34 AM
And why does Holmezz hate on Omar so much??

I don't hate Omar. I like what I know about him as a person and think he's a great college quarterback.

But I don't think he'll be successful at the pro level. Intelligence, like some have brought up, isn't something I'm concerned about. He runs the spread offense and he has a decent idea of what it means to read a defense. I just don't like how his arm translates to the NFL. He can get some air under his deep ball and with good accuracy, but he's not good enough in the intermediate game to warrant a high draft pick. He has no velocity on his passes across the middle of the field. He can get by with that now at Bowling Green, but not in the pro game. His mechanics can make you cringe too. Not pretty to watch at all, and I normally don't much emphasis into them.

He got projected as a 1st rounder prior to the season because of his stats, not his skill set.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 05:46 PM
He probably just doesn't think he projects well to the NFL. He's not the only guy who think's that.

My question is, since your from Bowling Green. Do you think Jacobs is going to come out? There's no guarentee he's even going to come out this year.

I'm not from Bowling Green, I can't deny my Missouri roots. But from what I've heard Urban Meyer (who recruited him) told him to do what Alex Smith did, which is basically go off on the whole nation, but the subtext to that was declare after this year.

With that having been said, I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed another year, especially since BG has underperformed this year (although in no way his fault, rather poor defense and his own shoulder injury). I'd say that the odds of him coming out are about 2-1.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
In no way would I advocate taking Jacobs with a first round pick, but I don't think it would be an unpardonable sin to use a second or third round pick with him. For Christ sake we drafted a mediocre punter, a morbidly obese Samoan headcase, and a third string tight end with our last three second and third round picks.

NaptownChief
11-14-2005, 05:53 PM
For Christ sake we drafted a mediocre punter, a morbidly obese Samoan headcase, and a third string tight end with our last three second and third round picks.

ROFL I don't think anyone can argue with you on those points.

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Omar for Chiefs QB in '08