PDA

View Full Version : Would you be willing to.....

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Give up your season tickets for a few years and stop buying Chiefs merchandise??

Serious question. It appears thats the only way we are going to be able to get rid of Carl Peterson because all the Hunts care about is the Bottom line at this point. Realistically, the only way Carl leaves KC is if the season ticket base dips below 40,000-30,000 tickets like the 1980's. Would it be worth it to you???

jiveturkey
11-13-2005, 08:05 PM
No

luv
11-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Give up your season tickets for a few years and stop buying Chiefs merchandise??

Serious question. It appears thats the only way we are going to be able to get rid of Carl Peterson because all the Hunts care about is the Bottom line at this point. Realistically, the only way Carl leaves KC is if the season ticket base dips below 40,000-30,000 tickets like the 1980's. Would it be worth it to you???
No way. A fan is a fan, win or lose. The guy will die off eventually.

tk13
11-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Didn't you start this thread last year?

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Didn't you start this thread last year?

You cant prove that!

Hammock Parties
11-13-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm just glad I gave my money to the Texans this year.

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 08:08 PM
It appears thats the only way we are going to be able to get rid of Carl Peterson because all the Hunts care about is the Bottom line at this point
ah ... the insidious catch-22 of Carl Peterson

he knows that to get rid of him the chiefs fans will have to punish themselves.

barring a complete collapse, he knows they won't do that.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 08:09 PM
What I think is really messed up about all of this is. With what the fanbase of this team has been for the last 15 years. They'd be more willing to do a complete overhaul and have a 3-13 year looking to the future. The fans have stayed despite no playoff wins since 93. You'd think that kind of support would lead them to think they could take the risk to do a full on rebuild. Guess they don't view it that way.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
ah ... the insidious catch-22 of Carl Peterson

he knows that to get rid of him the chiefs fans will have to punish themselves.

barring a complete collapse, he knows they won't do that.

Exactly....the Dude has us by the balls and he knows it!

tk13
11-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I hope one day we can cryogenically freeze Carl's head and attach him to a cyborg body so he can be our GM forever.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 08:12 PM
What I think is really messed up about all of this is. With what the fanbase of this team has been for the last 15 years. They'd be more willing to do a complete overhaul and have a 3-13 year looking to the future. The fans have stayed despite no playoff wins since 93. You'd think that kind of support would lead them to think they could take the risk to do a full on rebuild. Guess they don't view it that way.

True, the fans are here because of the team. Not because of anything CP has done the past 10-12 years or so. Why doesnt Hunt see this?? Ill give CP credit for making us love the team again from 89-1993 or so, but after that, its basically been the love and support of the fanbase being crapped on time and time again...

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I hope one day we can cryogenically freeze Carl's head and attach him to a cyborg body so he can be our GM forever.

that's because you're a mean bastige who enjoys the pain and suffering of others.

:cuss:

:p

milkman
11-13-2005, 08:15 PM
The problem is, I don't believe it.

Carl has always persued players that the coaches have lobbied for, whether via draft or FA, and Lamar Hunt has given him money to spend on those FAs.

Carl's problem is the men he has put in charge on the field, and the scouting department.

Carl needs to go.
He is ultimately responsible for this team's playoff failures.

But he hasn't failed for lack of effort.

Hammock Parties
11-13-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm not going to another regular season game at Arrowhead unless Carl is gone.

Who's with me?

luv
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm not going to another regular season game at Arrowhead unless Carl is gone.

Who's with me?
Certainly not me. I'm going to the game against Denver on the 4th.

tk13
11-13-2005, 08:18 PM
The problem is, I don't believe it.

Carl has always persued players that the coaches have lobbied for, whether via draft or FA, and Lamar Hunt has given him money to spend on those FAs.

Carl's problem is the men he has put in charge on the field, and the scouting department.

Carl needs to go.
He is ultimately responsible for this team's playoff failures.

But he hasn't failed for lack of effort.
I'd definitely agree with that. I don't think Carl is apathetic to winning, to his credit he's tried darn near just about every avenue of building a team... using draft picks, mid-range FA's, signing big FA's, trading for guys like Montana... there really is very little he has not attempted in his dictatorship. None of it has worked though.

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I won't stop buying merchandise,however,my decision was made well before todays game that this will be my last season being a real fan for awhile.

I'm ready to enjoy my gameroom for a full season and since I'm not in the blackout area I have no concerns on not being able to follow the team.

Eleazar
11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I'd definitely agree with that. I don't think Carl is apathetic to winning, to his credit he's tried darn near just about every avenue of building a team... using draft picks, mid-range FA's, signing big FA's, trading for guys like Montana... there really is very little he has not attempted in his dictatorship. None of it has worked though.

I don't think it's lack of effort, I don't think Carl only cares about filling the seats, and I don't think he doesn't care about winning a Super Bowl. It's a combination of bad luck and incompetence.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 10:15 PM

ROFL

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I won't stop buying merchandise,however,my decision was made well before todays game that this will be my last season being a real fan for awhile.

I'm ready to enjoy my gameroom for a full season and since I'm not in the blackout area I have no concerns on not being able to follow the team.

If I had a gameroom like yours I would never leave.

Your gameroom is heaven.

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 10:42 PM
If I had a gameroom like yours I would never leave.

Your gameroom is heaven.

Thanks,I'm thinking with the money I'll save not going to Arrowhead I can add a couple of more tv's.

papasmurf
11-13-2005, 10:46 PM
HELL NO, I just got my tickets and I'll be dammed if King Carl or anyone else is going get me to give them up

luv
11-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks,I'm thinking with the money I'll save not going to Arrowhead I can add a couple of more tv's.
Most people may have season tix in their budget. Just so they don't throw off their budget, you could sell season tix to the gameroom for the same price. One condition though, you'd have to make the beer cheaper.

KCFalcon59
11-13-2005, 10:54 PM
The only thing that would make me even think about giving up my tickets is if they consider giving Al Squanders the head coaching position. If they do that I am out.

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Most people may have season tix in their budget. Just so they don't throw off their budget, you could sell season tix to the gameroom for the same price. One condition though, you'd have to make the beer cheaper.

At a minimum of $590 per,I'd include all the beer you can drink for the season to most anyone but Delt.

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 11:08 PM
As the leader of the King Carl must go clan I think he wants to win.

I just think his personnel decision in particular his 1st and 2nd round picks and big time FA's pick ups and their salaries have brought this team no playoff wins in 12, I mean 13 years. Are the main reasons he should go and not because he doesnt care about winning.

He cares too much about making money and the arrogance of the front office is a turn off.

But I'm not getting on any fire King Carl bandwagon this year. It's a moot point. He just got a new deal. He either leaves voluntarily with DV at the end of the year or not at all.

StcChief
11-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Not going again this year...Sold all remaining games earlier.

Thought the Oline could hold together another year to get us thru to playoffs...
and Parker's soph year would have breakout suprise.

Just not sure about next year....

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2005, 12:24 AM
But I'm not getting on any fire King Carl bandwagon this year. It's a moot point. He just got a new deal. He either leaves voluntarily with DV at the end of the year or not at all.

No shit!!!! :banghead:

chuxtrux
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
It took the entire 70's and 80's of the team sucking, and i mean 4 and 12 sucking, not 7/9 or 8/8. So even if the Wizards outdraw us it would be a while before Hunt makes a change.

Scalper
11-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Im sorry but no. I dont care if the CHIEFS are 0-16 i will never stop cheering for the team that I have been born and raised around. All loyal baby! Yeah, I say bad things about them but its out of anger. When it comes down to it, I wouldn't be the same without the CHIEFS.