PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a successful gameplan for Al S?

steelyeyed57
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Is there any offensive gameplan we could implement that wouldn't expose our o-line? (Aside from max protect which hasn't worked in the past)

I wonder what the shotgun would do to give trent a better look at the defense and better see where blitzes are coming from.

Also, a no-huddle during certain parts of the game might tire some pass rushers.

Obviously running the ball should set-up or PA passing, but it didn't damper the bills pass rush.

I'm no coach, what do you guys think?

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I like the idea of putting Trent back into the shotty and giving him more time.

Dunit35
11-13-2005, 10:01 PM
More playaction (if the running game is working). Shotty should work.

listopencil
11-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Something like the Cowboy gameplan when Norv Turner was their OC. A lot of I-Formation/1-TE/2-WR sets. Switch up to a 1-WR/2-TE set occasionally.

chiefsfaninNC
11-13-2005, 10:13 PM
The shotgun won't make the receivers hang on to the ball. Won't help their sorry asses get open either.

RedandGold
11-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Until Roaf gets back, they need to keep anything that requires a seven step drop to a minimum.

Definitely more shotgun and fewer east-west types of passes (e.g. TE screen).

steelyeyed57
11-13-2005, 10:19 PM
The shotgun won't make the receivers hang on to the ball. Won't help their sorry asses get open either.

no s**T, our receivers have been exceedingly inept this year. You would think with as much as other teams are blitzing, we would have some really open guys.

But I think part of the problem is Trent is getting the blitz reads. We rarely (IMO) throw hot routes. Maybe the shotgun would help him make those reads.

steelyeyed57
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
it also seems like when we go PA, its pretty weak. With our running game going, I definitely think Trent and LJ could have sold the PA a little more.

Al S is definitely going to need to re-evaluate how he runs this offense. He should concede we don't have the luxury of doing seven step drops play after play. His playcalling and gameplanning could somehow help out our weak (WEAK!!) offensive line.

PastorMikH
11-13-2005, 10:30 PM
When your RB has 100 yards of rushing halfway through the 2nd quarter, you keep letting him run the ball.

3 step drops

Play-action

Shotguns

Screen passes - one of the best ways to beat the blitz

More rolling out by Trent

Also, Trent has to realize that he doesn't have the time to sit back there and wait all day. He needs to make decisions quicker.

There are plenty of things to do, problem is, AS wants to do things that he wants to do regardless of whether they will work or not. I've never seen the likes of someone that will figure out what works then abandon it - Like LJ rushing in the first half.